+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
MaryL said:
I read it to mean they were refused Oct 14. To get an appeal hearing not even a month later...is unheard of. Is this correct? You appear to be in Manitoba? So you are going through Vancouver. Something doesn't seem right here. Whether its less than a month or five months. People are waiting close to a year or two. Be more specific please.
Sorry, I missed that part.
So, the timeline, from what I can gather, is as follows:

2006 - sponsor studying in Pakistan
2012 - completed studies; married husband
2012 April - sponsor submitted application for PRV for husband
2012 Nov - husband completed medicals
2012 Nov/Dec - couriered change of address to ?, no receipt or tracking
2013 May - first child born
2013 Nov - sent photos of wedding and honeymoon to ?, along with another change of address
2016 March - call to interview by mail, no response from applicant or sponsor - interview date presumably 2016 May
2016 June - call to interview by mail # 2, no response from applicant or sponsor - interview date presumably 2016 August
2016 Sept - second child born
2016 Oct 14 - receive refusal letter by email
2016 Oct - presumably sent in Notice of Appeal (within 30 days of Oct 14 - by Nov 14) and hired a lawyer
2016 Nov 9 - full-day hearing with IRB

Something isn't quite right with this timeline. I'm wondering if the calls to interview and the refusal letter were in 2014? So, refusal letter on Oct 14 means in Oct 2014 rather than on 2016 Oct 14. That might make more sense, except she explicitly states that the interview calls were March and June of this year. But "this year" could be from point of view of the refusal letter, meaning March and June of the year the refusal letter was sent, which was 2014. So much hopping back and forth in time, it makes my head hurt.

Dr. Zia, the refusal letter that you received by email should have a postal address on it. Is that address correct? Again, you should likely have received the calls to interview by email as well. Check your inbox for the months that they claim to have sent the calls for interview and see if you missed them somehow. Depending on how they worded it, check the two months prior as well.

If your hearing is in one-and-a-half weeks, and your lawyer hasn't yet prepared you for the hearing, I would urge you to get on their tail and set it on fire. There is still time, but don't leave it until the last minute. And don't expect people on this forum, who know nothing of your case, to be able to answer questions that your lawyer should be answering.

All the best.

KashifM. said:
Hello:
My name is Dr. Asma Zia and I am a Canadian citizen. I sponsored my husband in April 2012, the year we got married in Pakistan after my studies. I have been residing in Pakistan since 2006 because of my studies and now that I am married and mother of two child(one is two and half year,2nd is 1 month only) who has also Canadian immigration and passport. I am looking forward to move back to Canada but along with my husband. On Oct 14, we received an email of refusal of my husband's application that is very distressing for my family and especially me. His medical exam was done in Nov 2012, the same year we sent a courier fulfilling all the requirements for address change. We did not receive any receipt for that. Nov 2013, our documents containing our wedding and honeymoon photographs and affidavits on our new address.
In the refusal email, few grounds are made subjecting the refusal; The foremost reason according to them are the two interview calls mail sent to us in March and June of this year. To our surprise we never received any mail on any of our home addresses.. In refusal letter, write clearly ,they are highly satisfied our marriage. This is very astonishing and depressing for me. I had file an appeal through lawyer and got a hearing at the Immigration Appeal Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) on November 9, 2016. It is a full day hearing. Does any one have experience in Appeal hearing ? Could you please share your experience with me. I do not what they will ask me? What question they will ask me and my husband and how long does it take? How many people will attend the IRB hearing
Thanks and regards.
Asma Zia

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
wait_so_long said:

2013 Nov - sent photos of wedding and honeymoon to ?, along with another change of address
2016 March - call to interview by mail, no response from applicant or sponsor - interview date presumably 2016 May
2016 June - call to interview by mail # 2, no response from applicant or sponsor - interview date presumably 2016 August
2016 Oct - presumably sent in Notice of Appeal (within 30 days of Oct 14 - by Nov 14) and hired a lawyer

Something isn't quite right with this timeline. I'm wondering if the calls to interview and the refusal letter were in 2014? So, refusal letter on Oct 14 means in Oct 2014 rather than on 2016 Oct 14. That might make more sense, except she explicitly states that the interview calls were March and June of this year. But "this year" could be from point of view of the refusal letter, meaning March and June of the year the refusal letter was sent, which was 2014. So much hopping back and forth in time, it makes my head hurt.

Dr. Zia, the refusal letter that you received by email should have a postal address on it. Is that address correct? Again, you should likely have received the calls to interview by email as well. Check your inbox for the months that they claim to have sent the calls for interview and see if you missed them somehow. Depending on how they worded it, check the two months prior as well.

If your hearing is in one-and-a-half weeks, and your lawyer hasn't yet prepared you for the hearing, I would urge you to get on their tail and set it on fire. There is still time, but don't leave it until the last minute. And don't expect people on this forum, who know nothing of your case, to be able to answer questions that your lawyer should be answering.

All the best.
Good job wait_so_long, it made my head hurt as well. Whatever the case, she has little time or no time to subit new evidence. I say best wishes as well.

tofanikanudo

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-5-2013
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
tofanikanudo said:
April 10, 2016..do u consult anybody how long will it take to get PPR
Thanks buddy.. and enjoy the good time that have missed for long ..!!

tofanikanudo

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-5-2013
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
J.J said:
I have a lawyer who tells me that for applicants who has answered 'yes' to any of those questions on background information form, then file goes to comprehensive processing. so in my case I know that back ground check will take little longer than normal processing.
For others I have seen that it takes about 4-6 months after decision date.
Thanks JJ for ur time .. wish this Diwali brings good news for all of us..keep us posted if anything..I will let the group know if I hear anything

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
MaryL said:
Good job wait_so_long, it made my head hurt as well. Whatever the case, she has little time or no time to subit new evidence. I say best wishes as well.
Hopefully they have been submitting new evidence, especially to explain why they missed two separate calls for interview. The rules of Disclosure state that the deadline for submitting new evidence is 20 calendar days before the date of your hearing. This is to give the minister's counsel as well as the IRB representative sufficient time to review and consider the evidence. Any response to any discovery documents presented by the minister's counsel have to be submitted 10 days prior to the hearing. It's not like TV courtroom drama, where someone can burst through the courtroom doors with newfound evidence that will prompt the judge to throw out the case there and then.

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/InfoGuideIadSai.aspx

Dr. Zia, I hope this answers some of your questions. Hopefully your lawyer has things well in hand, but they really need to start preparing both you and your husband for the hearing, which includes going over possible questions relevant to your case. Hopefully you've received your Appeal Record (which normally takes 120+ days from when you send in the Notice of Appeal) and both you and your lawyer have had a chance to go over it in detail, and have sent in the necessary evidence to support your testimony.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
MidDawn said:
I just received my passport with visa on it and CoPR....i am overwhelmed and feel like I'm over the moon, literally. Thank you. :) ;) :D

To God be the Glory alone.
Congratulations, it's finally over!

MidDawn

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20-06-2016
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
wait_so_long said:
Hi there wait_so_long,

Thank you so much, indeed, at long last! it's finally over. :) :) :)

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
After appeal was won in APRIL we received notice from Singapore in June to send updated medicals and documents months of email asking about status and how to add our daughter as accompanying Mississauga saying have to contact Singapore, Singapore saying all we needed to do was update the paperwork and send it to Mississauga dumb people working for cic.... so now it's almost November and they want another copy of the Police clearance from Thailand as they don't believe it to be genuine i'm like FML really? My wife wants to send her Passport to them as well but mixed information from the internet saying it will should end up sent to Bangkok or just a vac or Singapore.... really hoping to clear this up soon and have my wife home so much for Trudeau's government making family applications go quicker...so asked in another thread for Singapore but in case it's not read there anyone have some experience on the ppr? We've already updated the background info and everything for my wife and daughter.

Reactions: Alicee

sumu28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
File Transfer...
29th august 2014
Interview........
14th march 2016 ..refused on 2th may 2016
Passport Req..
very soon InshaAllah
VISA ISSUED...
very soon InshaAllah
LANDED..........
very soon InshaAllah
wait_so_long said:

All the best.
why they refused u ?u have child

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Hey guys,
Received COPR finally...still in a state of shock.
It will have been 5 years in December since we started all of this!

So, my husband is already IN Canada...we actually live in a border town.

What is the best way for him to 'land'?

Should we attempt to cross the border and advise the US guards that we don't want to enter the US but instead need to 'flagpole' for purposes of landing?
I hear this is called an 'administrative refusal'

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
wait_so_long said:
Hi guys m so happy to share the good news with u dat I got a decision today dat appeal is allowed. Omg m still in shock.

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
wait_so_long said:
Hi guys m so happy to share the good news with u dat I got a decision today dat appeal is allowed. Omg m still in shock.

flutra

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
jaycee4sweet said:
Congratulations!! So happy for you!!

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
jaycee4sweet said:
Thanku so much.
Can you guys tell me dat how long I hv to w8 for the next step and how can I update the emAil and address for my husband. And are they going to email me or my husband.