01-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
oneness said:
I think you should get a passport request this coming week but as for me I received the request before my status change to DM. I'm so glad lots more people are getting positive response, my case was a lil bit complex and at the end it turned good. No one should loose hope it took me 5 yrs in all to get to this stage. All we all need are proofs, proofs, unlimited proof of your relationship to be genuine.
PA application still says IN PROCESS..do you still think we will get positive feedback in a week..

shuaibks

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
CALGARY
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
16-02-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hello guys my full hearing in next week im so worried after 4 years fainaly we have option to say something about our case in calgaty any tips or advises

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Make sure you have sent proof of on going relationship,make sure you have answered all the reasons for denial of the visa Be positive and every thing will work out for you Gook Luck and Let us know

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
oneness said:
I think you should get a passport request this coming week but as for me I received the request before my status change to DM. I'm so glad lots more people are getting positive response, my case was a lil bit complex and at the end it turned good. No one should loose hope it took me 5 yrs in all to get to this stage. All we all need are proofs, proofs, unlimited proof of your relationship to be genuine.
Thank you oneness. Who receives the passport request? Is it the person who is getting sponsored or the applicant? I am confused. I am the applicant. I am sponsoring my husband.

Hopefully, we all get a good news soon. Good luck!

Thank you for your positive feedback. ;D

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
My understanding is that you can bring witnesses as support as long as they were mentioned in your support documents. In case they want to speak to your spouse yes bring your phone or a phone card for them to call just in case. Also remember you will only have an hour to prove your case. Follow the information you received in your letter giving you the date and time of your appeal. Practice what you will say in front of someone before you go to get some feed back.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
shuaibks said:
should i bring witness or our the phone if yes how many?
Hi, Shuaibks. Are you working with a lawyer, or are you representing yourself at the full hearing? From your questions, it sounds like it might be the latter. If you are working with a lawyer/consultant, he/she should already be preparing you for the hearing, and should have already discussed the topic of witnesses that can support your case with you, and have prepared and sumbmitted a list of such.

During the scheduling conference for the full hearing, they should have already gone over these details with you or your representative.. I don't think you can bring witnesses physically with you, but you can have them available by telephone. I don't think you can bring your own telephone; they ask you to bring at least two phone cards, with two hours of time on each. I think it's because the phone has to be set up so that everyone in the room can hear the testimony, and so that it can be recorded.

I am not certain because I have not yet gotten to that stage in the process; just what I've read in this forum.

If you are calling witnesses (including yourself and the applicant), they must be disclosed, along with your other evidence, at least 20 days prior to the hearing. And if you require a translator for any of your witnesses, you must request one well in advance.

If your hearing is next week, I hope you are already well prepared, and these questions are just because of last-minute jitters. I wish you all the best, and hopefully we will have good news about the results of your hearing next week.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
wintersnow said:
"economic migrants that were already housed in safe havens such as Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, and the like"

Exactly what does this mean?

To put it in perspective ... here I am a normal Syrian shopkeeper sometime before 2011. I have a little stand where I sell vegetables and I have many friends. We like to get together and chat and drink tea.

It's 2 years later in 2013 ... well, my little shop is rubble now ... in fact the whole neighborhood is gone. People are being killed everywhere so I decide to go to a "safe haven" ... let's say Turkey.

So, I am there and I live in a tent ... or whatever it might be.

Do you consider this person to be an "economic immigrant"? Really? I am happy to delay my reunion with my wife to help these poor unfortunate victims. They got caught up in the Arab Springs movement and unfortunately crossed paths with a ruthless dictator.

You never know ... with all the saber rattling and protectionism going on in the world today ... one day you too may be an "economic immigrant".

Maybe Trump will let you in to the US.
Believe it or not, I think we are basically on the same page. Except for that part about Trump. Ouch!

What we were told was as you described, people in dire conditions, and in uncertain living conditions (refugee camps and the like), some in imminent danger. In their rush to meet their self-imposed deadline, the government chose to overlook these people and go for people that have already been settled into the urban centres of their host countries; living in apartments rather than the refugee camps. My contention is that they did this for bragging rights and photo ops.

McCallum makes no distinction between Refugees and Economic Migrants. I do.

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=30345

Using his criteria, there are many people in more desperate conditions in Southeast Asia, China, Africa, Central & South America, etc., hence my skepticism of their motivations.

Vlil

Jan 7, 2016
shuaibks, I'm very sorry to tell you that, but... If your hearing is next week - your questions sound like you didn't bother to prepare yourself at all. Even being on this forum for a while. Let's hope for the best though.
wait_so_long already gave you a detailed answer, I can only correct it a bit - yes, you can bring witnesses in person, if they are available. Do so even if you did not disclose them to IAD 20 days in advance - it is all up to a judge, he/she still has power to allow them to testify.
Galano1213 said:
In case they want to speak to your spouse yes bring your phone or a phone card for them to call just in case. Also remember you will only have an hour to prove your case. Follow the information you received in your letter giving you the date and time of your appeal.
You cannot use your own phone, just bring calling cards as requested. And it is not one hour - it is half a day or full day, which should be clearly stated in a Notice to Appear.
And this is not them who want to speak to your spouse. You bring witnesses into the process. They may not speak to anyone at all, if you don't request so (although usually they ask if you want to call spouse, yes).

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
VO ask me to redo my medical a week ago (the one I send it is expired ,I will submit the new one it tomorow) , and also today I received another email asking me to submit a new police certificate since it is also expired...What is the next step ??????????

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
deeafahd said:
VO ask me to redo my medical a week ago (the one I send it is expired ,I will submit the new one it tomorow) , and also today I received another email asking me to submit a new police certificate since it is also expired...What is the next step ??????????
Next step should be passport request. Validity of PCC is 3 months. But usually they don't ask for new PCC even after one year. Since there are red flags, you should order GCMS notes. And if you don't get PPR in next 3 weeks - till expiry of 13 months processing period for your VO - you should fill web form for case specific query, too.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Thommo said:
Next step should be passport request. Validity of PCC is 3 months. But usually they don't ask for new PCC even after one year. Since there are red flags, you should order GCMS notes. And if you don't get PPR in next 3 weeks - till expiry of 13 months processing period for your VO - you should fill web form for case specific query, too.
From other peoples' responses on this forum, it sounds like it might be a longer wait for the PPR. Total time seems to be around 9 months from the appeal being forwarded. Approx post-appeal timeline from a recent poster:

J.J said:
Two months from now you will receive request for medical , police clearance and updated back ground form. And then you will have to wait another 6 months to get passport request.
Heads up this wait period ahead of you is more difficult than what you already been through. Knowing we already have a positive decision it gets really hard to wait again.
But another poster had a different experience:

tuoicao said:
I can't believe how fast things are going my husband did his med in March and April we sent away the package this morning I woke up I got an email requesting his passport already!
Regardless, it does sound like good news indeed for deeafahd.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
wait_so_long said:
From other peoples' responses on this forum, it sounds like it might be a longer wait for the PPR. Total time seems to be around 9 months from the appeal being forwarded. Approx post-appeal timeline from a recent poster:

But another poster had a different experience:

Regardless, it does sound like good news indeed for deeafahd.
The message you quote,, two months from now...,, is an answer for a person whos application got refuse and appealed so probably that s why got so long....I did not got denie yet, I know probably is the wrong thread to post my messages and I got you confuse since I did not appealed but I came here because I was and I am still worried that they will denie our application due huge age gap between us (my husband is older 28 yrs) , anyway I hope that s not the case :)
I believe there will not be an interview anymore since they ask to redo my medical and police certificate, they did not ask for more proof of genuineness of relationship so I think that s a good sign