+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

loveawaits

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Karan751 said:
i have same timeline as you.i won appeal in july 2015 and got medical done in septembet 7 2015 ,after tht they asked for police clearance and updated forms which were delivered in june 3 2016.afer tht still waiting.we filled back in dec 2011.still waiting for them to request for passport .god please help us.
Wait did you wait did they ask for medicals in September??or you just did your medicals and sent them without getting the letter? Because you have to wait for them to send you letter from Ottawa then do the meds ?

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
CheshireCats said:
Hey All.. Our appeal was allowed and we rec'd the official letter April 8.
May 26th we rec'd a request for a new medical, did that and was sent in on June the 3rd.
File went back to VO .. Australia.
They didn't request anything except for the new medical. Is that normal or do you think we'll get any other requests? I would have thought if they needed any updated forms etc they would have all come together with the request for the new medical.

Any idea what happens next?
Super worried about the possible mail strike as well...
Hey guys,

So a few weeks ago I had the above inquiry, didn't really get any solid answers so I'll try again, but this time we have heard from the VO again requesting information about my husbands non-accompanying daughter.
We had inserted information in regards to her not getting medicals with the original application. His daughters mother will not allow it, she has full custody and sought legal advice the last time we asked for it back in 2012. We resent along all the email paper trail we had incl. the custody papers from the Courts in Australia.

So since our appeal getting consented on paper (before ADR) the VO has requested Medical exam and now the above^^ Is this going to keep on happening, little bits and pieces here and there? I am so worried we'll miss something.
I am hoping this last bit about the medical for non-accompanying minor is all? We submitted back the information he requested last week.

Funny thing is, when the VO sent us this latest request, it was in response to our email that we sent over a month ago with the medical exam info.
In his new request, he had advised us that medical results have been rec'd although Ecas is still showing nothing about med results...

We started all of this in December 2011, just want it all over with. I hate this part, when you know you're going to get communications at any time that you become obsessed with checking Ecas and emails non stop! LOL

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
CheshireCats said:
Hey guys,

So a few weeks ago I had the above inquiry, didn't really get any solid answers so I'll try again, but this time we have heard from the VO again requesting information about my husbands non-accompanying daughter.
We had inserted information in regards to her not getting medicals with the original application. His daughters mother will not allow it, she has full custody and sought legal advice the last time we asked for it back in 2012. We resent along all the email paper trail we had incl. the custody papers from the Courts in Australia.

So since our appeal getting consented on paper (before ADR) the VO has requested Medical exam and now the above^^ Is this going to keep on happening, little bits and pieces here and there? I am so worried we'll miss something.
I am hoping this last bit about the medical for non-accompanying minor is all? We submitted back the information he requested last week.

Funny thing is, when the VO sent us this latest request, it was in response to our email that we sent over a month ago with the medical exam info.
In his new request, he had advised us that medical results have been rec'd although Ecas is still showing nothing about med results...

We started all of this in December 2011, just want it all over with. I hate this part, when you know you're going to get communications at any time that you become obsessed with checking Ecas and emails non stop! LOL
Did you submit a medical in the last year? They are only good for 12 months.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Yes, sent that back June 3rd.

2016jimi

Jul 10, 2016
Please help to reply these questions:

1. Where is ADR conference held in Toronto? address?

2. How is the seating like? In a small or large room?

3. Can public witness the process?

4. How long it take for the interviews?

5. what is the blue book?

HAMADA_EGYPT

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Karan751 said:
i have same timeline as you.i won appeal in july 2015 and got medical done in septembet 7 2015 ,after tht they asked for police clearance and updated forms which were delivered in june 3 2016.afer tht still waiting.we filled back in dec 2011.still waiting for them to request for passport .god please help us.
hi Karen

ur timeline scared me to death cuz i thought after winning an appeal it takes about 5-8 months to get the visa but ur timeline is much longer, i dont understand why
i won appeal in dec 9 2015 , they requested medical and police clearance and updated forms all at the same time in one letter in april 2016 , and i did it all for them and sent it in may 2016 and i didnt hear from them to now , i was thinking i will hear from them by the end of this month which is july but after reading ur timeline now , i got real scared

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
Karan751 said:
hey Karan, sorry for your long waiting. i am curious too, you said 'got medical done in september 2015', did you do the medical because they asked you to do it, or they didn't notify you yet but you did ? because they reqested me to do the medical and almost at the same time, they asked me to send the updated docs. Thanks.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
2016jimi said:
Please help to reply these questions:

1. Where is ADR conference held in Toronto? address?

2. How is the seating like? In a small or large room?

3. Can public witness the process?

4. How long it take for the interviews?

5. what is the blue book?
1. I believe it is 74 Victoria Street.

2. It is a small room with only the judge, minister counsel, your representative (if you have one) and you.

3. It is a private interview. It is not open to the public (as far as I know)

4. It can take anyway from half an hour to a whole day.

5. The blue book is the complete file they have on you. A copy will be sent to you once they received the notice of appeal.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
I agree Karan751 timeline is a bit long. Be reassured guys that not everybody timeline will be that long. It took us 9 months after winning our appeal to get through and that included applying for ARC which took 2 months.

I have seen a lot of people with shorter time line as well. I normally give it about 2 to 3 months to hear back from CIC every time they requested a document from us.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
NeedLotsOfHelp said:
Thank you for your response. So 2 years is still within normal range. I will try to connect with the IAD office personally. I went to my lawyer's office and he called them and put them on speaker for me to hear. They said it's still pending. That was a few weeks ago. How often should I call to ask for an update?
I use to call IAD at the beginning of every month to find out the status of my application. If you don't already have your case officer phone number, when you call ask the receptionist for your case officer number and call him/her directly. That is what I did, was called my case officer at the beginning of every month up until we got the hearing date.

Sheshe10

Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2012
Doc's Request.
Dec 17, 2014
Med's Request
Dec 17, 2014
Med's Done....
January 12, 2015
Passport Req..
June 8, 2016
We won the appeal last June 6, 2016, they request for our passports on June 8, 2016. We submitted our passport at VFS Global Makati last June 20. They scheduled my mom to go to CIC Toronto yesterday, July 11, unfortunately they didn't stamp yet our passports with visa, they were requesting for re-medical since our medical expired last Jan 2016. But they only sent medical letter for my dad. And i don't know if I need to have my medical done. Thus any also experience same situation? Are they going to sent back our passport in Manila office? How long we will going to wait after the medical was done? Thank you for you response! God bless!

2016jimi

Jul 10, 2016
BLUE BOOK Question ??

I used to hire an immigration lawyer in Toronto to help with my application. Unfortunately, it was not successful, the lawyer asked me for more money for the appeal. I refused to pay and now I am doing it my myself and just sent in the appeal, in the middle of June 2016.

Do I get the Blue Book after I filed the appeal?

I am afraid the Blue Book already sent to my previous lawyer. He will ask me for money if he had it.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
2016jimi said:
BLUE BOOK Question ??

I used to hire an immigration lawyer in Toronto to help with my application. Unfortunately, it was not successful, the lawyer asked me for more money for the appeal. I refused to pay and now I am doing it my myself and just sent in the appeal, in the middle of June 2016.

I am afraid the Blue Book already sent to my previous lawyer. He will ask me for money if he had it.
I think you will need to fill out a use of representative form for the appeal as well. If you didn't then there should be no reason for the blue book to go to the representative. It should be coming to you instead. I could be wrong though, I hope whoever did their appeal on their own can give you some guidance. I used the same representative who did the sponsorship application from the beginning to do the appeal as well.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
WaitingSince2012 said:
1. I believe it is 74 Victoria Street.

2. It is a small room with only the judge, minister counsel, your representative (if you have one) and you.

3. It is a private interview. It is not open to the public (as far as I know)

4. It can take anyway from half an hour to a whole day.

5. The blue book is the complete file they have on you. A copy will be sent to you once they received the notice of appeal.
Just to clarify ... the ADR is you, the minister's counsel, your lawyer and a representative from the IAD. And the ADR will take max 1 hour.

On the other hand, the full hearing has a judge ... in Vancouver it looks like a real courtroom with a judge at the front and a witness stand, etc. At the full hearing, they give up to a full day for you to make your case and the minister's counsel to argue against it.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
2016jimi said:
BLUE BOOK Question ??

it takes quite a while to get the blue book after you file the appeal. I think it is 120 days ... not sure.