12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
MidDawn said:
I have been gone for quite so long but now i am back with a great news...we won the appeal at last!!! It was such a long legal battle and we finally have proven the merit of our case. Quite few members in here were kinda negative that we will win our appeal case but me and my partner just keep going and being steadfast that we will make it in the end. After we lost the 1st appeal case, we never stopped. We seek for the another legal avenue where we can fight our case. We ended up filling before the Federal Court for leave and judicial review and we won the Federal. So our case was sent back to IAD for re determination and be heard by different member. We had our 2nd appeal case last March 21, 2016, we received the decision last June 4, 2016.

I am so happy the we finally won our appeal. Thank you for all the advice and comments. It made me strong to move forward and go for it. I have a question though, how long will it gonna take before i can finally get the visa? Hope to hear from anyone. :)
Congratulations! Its good you took the negativity and turn it onto positive energy. Its not easy going through this long battle and the last thing you need is negative people telling you otherwise...

It should be another 5 month or so before you get your visa...they will ask you for updated forms, remedical (if it is already expired) and police clearance...after that they will issue you your visa...

oneness

Aug 16, 2012
AnnieDonald said:
hey there oneness, our timeline is quite close. Won appeal in Dec, 2015, got medical and updated forms request in April, sent them to cic ottawa end of April, now my e-case still doesn't show Medical Result has been received yet? only says they started processing my case in april, 2016, nothing about medical, even i did it early April. How about your e-case? anything mentioned about medical ? Thank you and good luck.
Hey my ecase was blank for a while and when it came back it shows appliction started in 2012. Like yours we submitted medicls, updated form and policae clearance in April perhaps today makes it 2 months we submitted those stuff. I strongly believe we are getting our viss this month or sometime in july, from what i read from others 7-8 months after appeal is idew time line. I just hope for the best.

M

mikeymyke

Galano1213 said:
I have no idea why he could not answer the daily questions as we have lived together and my daily routine is basically the same in Cuba as it is in Canada.
Unless you've never told him what you do in Canada, which would be kind of unusual for a married couple in a long relationship, I would definitely ask him about this. See whether if he really did answer the questions correctly, or he really doesn't know. If it's the latter, I might be a bit concerned more about him than what CIC thinks.

can/alb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome/Ottawa/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Request
April 27, 2016
Med's Done....
27-08-2013/May 2016
Interview........
22-11-2013/denied/won appeal March 2016
Passport Req..
August 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked for September 10, 2016
Hello

I was just wondering when you get passport request, do you send it to Ottawa and then they send it back? Do you need to pay for the postage twice? Or can you get it all done at the Canadian embassy?

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
can/alb said:
Hello

I was just wondering when you get passport request, do you send it to Ottawa and then they send it back? Do you need to pay for the postage twice? Or can you get it all done at the Canadian embassy?

Thanks
you will have to send it to where ever the instructions tell you to send it. if your visa office is ottawa and you require a physical visa to be added to your passport, then yes, that is where it will be sent most likely. if the application is at another visa office, then instructions will be given for sending it there. If the person is visa exempt, then the physical passport will not be sent, only a copy will be needed.

MidDawn

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20-06-2016
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
WaitingSince2012 said:
Congratulations! Its good you took the negativity and turn it onto positive energy. Its not easy going through this long battle and the last thing you need is negative people telling you otherwise...

It should be another 5 month or so before you get your visa...they will ask you for updated forms, remedical (if it is already expired) and police clearance...after that they will issue you your visa...
Thank you for your response...even before i never took the negative comments in a bad way but i took it as a challenge instead. I actually thankful for all the comments negative/positive because it gave me courage to move forward...perseverance, tenacity and strong faith with God will help us to go through difficult times...

I am glad to know that it will might take 5 months or so before i can get my visa...i was thinking really that it might take another year or two..... :)

can/alb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome/Ottawa/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Request
April 27, 2016
Med's Done....
27-08-2013/May 2016
Interview........
22-11-2013/denied/won appeal March 2016
Passport Req..
August 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked for September 10, 2016
Does Ecas ever change to tell you they've received your updated documents or passport request? Or does it just go to decision made after medical received?

J.J

May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 June 2013
AOR Received.
16 July 2013
File Transfer...
24 July 2013
Interview........
17 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Appeal allowed March 4th, 2016,
LANDED..........
On my way
To Applicants from INDIA

Can we please share our recent experience and timeline to estimate waiting time

Date of application 27 June 2013

Won appeal. 3rd March 2016

Rmedical and forms req 6th may 2016

Submitted everything to Ottawa week ago

Waiting for passport req now

loveawaits

Star Member
May 22, 2015
soblue3 said:
Hello Oneness
Yes we did submit our documents. they have send us the letter supposedly on Oct 27 but we did not receive it till november 17 i think it was. We have send all the documents in early December. Our visa office was Paris but we were asked to send our documents to ottawa for processing and as far as i know that is where they are being processed. They told my MP that my husbands file has passed the medical and crim check and In mid March was send for security checks...they did not give us any time framework.
Hey soblue me and you share same timeline I have won appeal August and got letter October 26 and sent it December 09 and just few weeks ago I contacted mp and he said meds and background check is passed waiting for security check I have recently went to the hospital because panick attack and my mp said its good to let them know that you are stressing and went through this problem so I sent all papers to Ottawa seriously I don't know when will this nightmare will end :'(

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
Hi All, my spouse just got an interview in Hong Kong and the VO reject it the next day, I was with my wife at the interview but the VO didn't interview me (Sponsor) at all.

The refusal letter state that:

Based on the assessment of your information, including your application, the supporting documentation, and the information you provided during your interview, held at the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong, I am not satisfied that your marriage to your sponsor is genuine or that it was not entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring permanent residence in Canada. Therefore, as per the Regulations, you are not considered to be a member of the family class.

I am going to appeal in Toronto, but just a few questions:

1) What are my chances to get a ADR?

2) On the top right corner of the appeal form IRB428, there is a box for Visa office and Visa file no., do I fill out Hong Kong in the Visa box since my wife application is processed in Hong Kong and the Visa file no. is just her application number.

Thx

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
loveawaits said:
Hey soblue me and you share same timeline I have won appeal August and got letter October 26 and sent it December 09 and just few weeks ago I contacted mp and he said meds and background check is passed waiting for security check I have recently went to the hospital because panick attack and my mp said its good to let them know that you are stressing and went through this problem so I sent all papers to Ottawa seriously I don't know when will this nightmare will end :'(
oh i know...it is so hard...i have went on stress leave at the beginning of the year...i was out of commission for 2 months, anxiety, heart palpitations and stuff...doctor said it was all due to stress. i am better now and trying to remind strong but i feel exhausted...really i can not imagine what they are thinking..and why are they saying that since we had appeal there is no maximum time for processing our file..really its hard..but trying to stay strong here. i feel so badly like contacting the security agency to check on our file or going to the mp again but i dont want to annoy anybody ...do you mean you have sent all the documents from the hospital to ottawa? really i hope somebody there is half human.

M

mikeymyke

soblue3 said:
oh i know...it is so hard...i have went on stress leave at the beginning of the year...i was out of commission for 2 months, anxiety, heart palpitations and stuff...doctor said it was all due to stress. i am better now and trying to remind strong but i feel exhausted...really i can not imagine what they are thinking..and why are they saying that since we had appeal there is no maximum time for processing our file..really its hard..but trying to stay strong here. i feel so badly like contacting the security agency to check on our file or going to the mp again but i dont want to annoy anybody ...do you mean you have sent all the documents from the hospital to ottawa? really i hope somebody there is half human.
Hey long time no see, how are things with you and the husband?

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
mikeymyke said:
Hey long time no see, how are things with you and the husband?
oh hello ...yes long time no see here lol. things with me and my husband are the same..and how are things with you and your wife. does she enjoy her life in canada?

sumu28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
File Transfer...
29th august 2014
Interview........
14th march 2016 ..refused on 2th may 2016
Passport Req..
very soon InshaAllah
VISA ISSUED...
very soon InshaAllah
LANDED..........
very soon InshaAllah
J.J said:
To Applicants from INDIA

Can we please share our recent experience and timeline to estimate waiting time

Date of application 27 June 2013

Won appeal. 3rd March 2016

Rmedical and forms req 6th may 2016

Submitted everything to Ottawa week ago

can you share with us your experience?
thnx in advance

Waiting for passport req now

npunite

Jun 10, 2015
Hi we won our ADR on 8th March and also have already sent all the required docs.. And the status online is decision made and it's mentioned that they have sent the correspondence of the decision on May 14 2016. But I haven't received anything yet and they haven't even updated my new address on the system wen i have already emailed them my change of address.. Do they send in my mail or my husband's mail.. Do they send anything to my email at all?? How does this work? I am the principle applicant And reside in Australia.. If anyone could help me out it will be much appreciated