21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
deeafahd said:
hi maria...you said that they had a problem with your age difference?...can you tell me how big it is here or in pm?...mine is 28 so I am worried....and second question you said that you did not see your husbund 2 years??...so after you start the process you did not see each other anymore ??or ??
I visit my husband a total of 5 times before interview. I stay one month or more. Once stay almost 7 mos. There's an 18 yr age difference. VO say no, I think she was jealous and inappropriate. She think my husband marry me cuz he's poor and wants to better his economic situation by coming to Canada to work. And then leave me. She called him handsome. And after she called me old. She called me.handsome too. What is that? I would not be worried about 28 yrs. Just go back to posts starting about 2 yrs ago. You will see many who win their appeal with or without lawyer. With no marriage celebration or small. Just it's important to have proof. Alot of it.
Maria you need to visit. You must or this is pretty much all for nothing. Deeafhad don't be discouraged by age. Ppl in Canada more open minded. Plus you can have witnesses just need to give their names about a month before hearing.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
I forgot to mention I have gone back to spend time with my husband 3 times since refusal. Am currently here about 3 to 4 months. Because we miss each other too much. Trying to make this appeal process go by faster than the two yrs they tell me.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
FOR THOSE PR SPONSORS, do you go and visit your spouse who is not in Canada while the application is in progress? If yes, how often in a year and how long is your stay?

I just want to know how long is the allowed span of time for a PR sponsor to be out of Canada while application is in progress.

Note: This is for PR SPONSORS only since CANADIAN sponsors is a different story.

maria a

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
MaryL said:
I visit my husband a total of 5 times before interview. I stay one month or more. Once stay almost 7 mos. There's an 18 yr age difference. VO say no, I think she was jealous and inappropriate. She think my husband marry me cuz he's poor and wants to better his economic situation by coming to Canada to work. And then leave me. She called him handsome. And after she called me old. She called me.handsome too. What is that? I would not be worried about 28 yrs. Just go back to posts starting about 2 yrs ago. You will see many who win their appeal with or without lawyer. With no marriage celebration or small. Just it's important to have proof. Alot of it.
Maria you need to visit. You must or this is pretty much all for nothing. Deeafhad don't be discouraged by age. Ppl in Canada more open minded. Plus you can have witnesses just need to give their names about a month before hearing.
Hey how are u ?

Our problem is not the age difference age is fine. Before my application i visited my husband 4 times but we made a mistake not mentioning the 4 times tho only mentioned twice because the other two times was short visit only for like 5 days and we didnt have any proof of it like pictures or anything except my passport stamp but we cant show that anymore since we didnt mention it. When we got martied i stayed with him like 4 months then i came back and applied for him which was dec 2013 i went to visit him on may 2014 for 3 weeks after that made so many plans on visiting him but couldnt cause of my familly my familly doesnt know we are married we tried explaining they dont wanna accept it. So right now im living with my familly cant afford to live alone and they wont let me go .... And the other thing is that im a PR not a citizen yet and my pr is expiring too in 2 weeks and i just saw that :( now i have to renew my pr which will take few months to get back i hope my appeal date comes after i recieve my pr so i can atleast fight with my parents and go there somehow lol...my life is soo sad.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Vlil - what does that mean "do your homework"? I realize that each case is different but surely there are common things they ask? I want to be prepared even tho I have a lawyer so I want to do my homework lol can you give any advice?

Vlil said:
Just a brief update - May 9, successful full hearing in Edmonton. No lawyer, all by myself. Total appeal processing time - 23 months.
Main tips for everyone:
1. Do your homework, prepare yourself. Even if you have a lawyer... he will not testify for you.
2. Be yourself at the hearing.
3. Don't waste your time to learn "common questions and answers", this is useless. Each case is different, and so are the questions.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@badpusacat - there is no limit you can leave Canada as long as you want but you have to come back for the appeal hearing in person

badpusacat said:
FOR THOSE PR SPONSORS, do you go and visit your spouse who is not in Canada while the application is in progress? If yes, how often in a year and how long is your stay?

I just want to know how long is the allowed span of time for a PR sponsor to be out of Canada while application is in progress.

Note: This is for PR SPONSORS only since CANADIAN sponsors is a different story.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also a general question about communications, just wondered about printing out Skype/chat/text/email logs, should I go back and print everything from day 1? It's so friggin annoying that the VOs just discard stuff they don't think is important, it took me a whole weekend to print them out for the intial application and we'd only be conversing for 7 months then. Now will I have to go back and print everything out from last 3+ years?? Thx all

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
MaryL said:
I am not talking about the appealing yet I am still at beginning...today my GSM notes will come so I will see how is my application since it s almost being 6 months since it s at VO. We will also send them more proofs that our relation is genuine ( skype chat and calls conversation, many pictures with my family and him, we also visit another country together seing a part of his family, many receips that proove he spend money shopping with me in my city, western receips that proove he send me money monthly, and the strongest prove he just applied for a long period permis in my country to be able to stay and live with me longer than 3 months , around a year )

Sonumangat

May 11, 2016
Hello
Anyone going through DNA process.i am done my DNA in Canada but CIC Delhi didn't called my husband & daughter
I paid fees in February. Have anyone idea how much time taking Delhi immigration

npunite

Jun 10, 2015
hi just a question… after my successful ADR i sent all my documents in mail and i sent them the documents in the address where they sent the request to my husband's mail…the address was 365 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1… but when i checked the website it stated a different mailing address…my bad i had to check it before i send it..however, wondering if thats gonna be a problem ? and the website also stated to send other documents to their email id and police certificate to the mailing address.. but i sent all the documents in the mail… please someone help me out..

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
npunite said:
hi just a question… after my successful ADR i sent all my documents in mail and i sent them the documents in the address where they sent the request to my husband's mail…the address was 365 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1… but when i checked the website it stated a different mailing address…my bad i had to check it before i send it..however, wondering if thats gonna be a problem ? and the website also stated to send other documents to their email id and police certificate to the mailing address.. but i sent all the documents in the mail… please someone help me out..
If you still have copies send them via email. What was the office that you mailed to? If it is CIC hopefully they have had misdirected mail before. I would not go very long before I tried to contact CIC.

npunite

Jun 10, 2015
Sous02 said:
If you still have copies send them via email. What was the office that you mailed to? If it is CIC hopefully they have had misdirected mail before. I would not go very long before I tried to contact CIC.
ok when they sent the request of updated forms and police, they didn't outline the clear address to send the documents. So, what i did was i sent the documents to the mail that they sent the mail from; which is from CIC. I have no idea what to do.. I can send them the scanned version of documents to the email but i guess i need to get my police certificate again

apuniano

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-April-2014
Doc's Request.
08-April-2014
Interview........
18-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 5-August-2015 - Appeal Submited - Hearing at Calgary 20 September 2016 - Appeal allowed, 13 October 2016 Ottawa required update forms --- 27 February 2017 Wife got visa in HCM Vietnam
Vlil said:
Just a brief update - May 9, successful full hearing in Edmonton. No lawyer, all by myself. Total appeal processing time - 23 months.
Main tips for everyone:
1. Do your homework, prepare yourself. Even if you have a lawyer... he will not testify for you.
2. Be yourself at the hearing.
3. Don't waste your time to learn "common questions and answers", this is useless. Each case is different, and so are the questions.
Congratulation Vlil.

I hope you will meet your wife to Canada soon.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
habeeb said:
@Vlil - what does that mean "do your homework"? I realize that each case is different but surely there are common things they ask? I want to be prepared even tho I have a lawyer so I want to do my homework lol can you give any advice?
Hi..sorry i did not read here much recently...so do you have an appeal scheduled already? there is some common questions that they ask. most have to do with knowing as much about each other as possible..that includes knowing about each others jobs, money situation, family situation..names ages where do they live , occupations and things like that. knowing what your spouse does during the day, what hobbies do they have ..they can even ask about which movies they watch or what type of music do they like. the more you know about each other and each others cultures the better.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
habeeb said:
Also a general question about communications, just wondered about printing out Skype/chat/text/email logs, should I go back and print everything from day 1? It's so friggin annoying that the VOs just discard stuff they don't think is important, it took me a whole weekend to print them out for the intial application and we'd only be conversing for 7 months then. Now will I have to go back and print everything out from last 3+ years?? Thx all
We did not print everything. What we did is download the facebook archives and did screenshots of beginning of one conversation and start of another to show the amount of time we talk and how often (for us it was daily). it was a hard work..i took 2 weeks off work just to do that . My husband did screenshots from skype (we could get skype just for 7 months because the computer crushed) but in all the conversations on facebook it showed when we were going to skype. It was close to 3000 pages. Our but we did them 2 screenshots per page and my lawyer also got rid of around 1000 pages. If we were to print everything it would have been over 30,000 pages. lol.