08-April-2014
Doc's Request.
08-April-2014
Interview........
18-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 5-August-2015 - Appeal Submited - Hearing at Calgary 20 September 2016 - Appeal allowed, 13 October 2016 Ottawa required update forms --- 27 February 2017 Wife got visa in HCM Vietnam
SAHIL SINGH said:
hi.

I'm logging in after such a long time. Today I'm here for my friend bcoz he need help.
It's been more than 20 months and he didn't hear back from IAD after submitting appeal (Yes they got Blue Book).

His case is from Vancouver. They tried to call Vancouver appeal Office {1- (604) 666-5946} but whenever they tried to call them on that number nobody answered.

They are going through really hard time. Please help them. . .

My questions are. . .

1. Is there any other number for Vancouver?
2. How much is the waiting time in Vancouver?
3. What they should do in this situation?

Any help, suggestion or feed back from you guys. He will be great-full to you.
I called the same number to Vancouver office. They do not answer the phone but after trying many times I was able to ask the status of my application. Just keep trying. Good luck.

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
apuniano said:
I called the same number to Vancouver office. They do not answer the phone but after trying many times I was able to ask the status of my application. Just keep trying. Good luck.
I would suggest, please visit their office rather than waiting for them to respond your call.

Vlil

Jan 7, 2016
SAHIL SINGH said:
Hi SAHIL SINGH. I would say 20 month for Vancouver is way too long... unless you friend lives elsewhere (Alberta, Saskatchewan, etc.) in their area of their responsibility.
Try to send them a fax with your request and contact, they always called me back a day or two after.
Fax # is 604-666-3043
Good luck to your friend.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
Vlil said:
Hi SAHIL SINGH. I would say 20 month for Vancouver is way too long... unless you friend lives elsewhere (Alberta, Saskatchewan, etc.) in their area of their responsibility.
Try to send them a fax with your request and contact, they always called me back a day or two after.
Fax # is 604-666-3043
Good luck to your friend.
Correct Vlil ... cases handled in Vancouver from Alberta take longer than cases from BC.

khurram arif

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Pakistan rawalpindi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
FEB 2016
AOR Received.
04 Feb 2014
File Transfer...
26 Feb 2014
Med's Request
SEP 2015
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
JAN 2016
Passport Req..
InshahAllah
VISA ISSUED...
InshahAllah
LANDED..........
InshahAllah
SV670 said:
Hello Arif,

I don't think they take such complaints that seriously, and they understand the factor of jealousy, which often prompt people to do such stupid acts.
If the VO agreed and accepted your application, it's just the matter of time, as they must be conducting some background checks.

You are almost there.

SV670
Thank you for your help
can u please let me know how long they gonna take from here to DM
I sent them documents about one an half months ago but still nothing from them

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
khurram arif said:
Thank you for your help
can u please let me know how long they gonna take from here to DM
I sent them documents about one an half months ago but still nothing from them
What I presume from this is, there might be some extra background check, based on the complains.
Get hold of local MP in Canada and ask them to pursue.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
SAHIL SINGH said:
hi.

I'm logging in after such a long time. Today I'm here for my friend bcoz he need help.
It's been more than 20 months and he didn't hear back from IAD after submitting appeal (Yes they got Blue Book).

His case is from Vancouver. They tried to call Vancouver appeal Office {1- (604) 666-5946} but whenever they tried to call them on that number nobody answered.

My questions are. . .

The timeline for Vancouver is very short compare to toronto but what i have notice on the appeal thread that if you are going tru the vancouver office but you dont live in British Columbia then your case could take a while because if see ppl that live in the province of Alberta, Saskchewan and Manitoba, they take a while to get there appeal date because they only have a 2-4 full hearing in those provinces for the year all though a person appeal case is be dealt with Vancouver office...

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
wintersnow said:
Our VO was a man ... and he was extremely rude. He called my stepson a b@st@rd.
That is so inappropriate and plain mean. He had no right.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Two things I notice here, we also have a lawyer, but I can still contact our visa office. Also, I talk with a woman in my MP'S office in person, she do an inquiry but I did not sign anything. I would suggest sending an email, with UCI and file numbers. And inform them at the moment you cannot make it down to the office. See what they say.

appealsp

Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I made a spreadsheet so that all the members can put their information about their appeal processs. This will give an idea as to where you stand in the process and get an idea of the processing of the Visa office. Please add "https:" in fron of the link below (it won't let me post links)....Hope it helps.

//docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fH45kXor03bh9guemWzIm3PLoOl_T-CVhjkLlXqv2_k/edit?usp=sharing

HAMADA_EGYPT

Star Member
May 25, 2013
wintersnow said:
I called the CIC 4 times now. I get a different answer each time.

The web site says it is 17 months for a new case. This includes up to 53 days to establish if the sponsor is eligible.

There is no way they will make us wait another 17 months. Just logic says it will be faster. There is no 53 day period ... there is need to review the evidence ... there is no need for an interview. There is just the mechanical final steps to do a medical check and police check ... and issue the visa.

I first applied in Feb 2014. By April I was approved as a sponsor. By June, a VO looked at our case and determined an interview was necessary. In December we had our interview.

That is 10 months from the time I submitted the application. So, take 2 months off for the sponsor eligibilty process. Take another 6 months off for the time waiting for the interview. That means, it really took about 2 months for the VO to take a look at the file after it made it to China.

That is what I expect ... and that is what a lot of us have seen. About 2 to 3 months after the appeal someone re-opens the case and contacts the applicant.
I WON THE APPEAL IN TORONTO DECEMBER 9 , 2015 AND STILL HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING FROM THE EMBASSY IN CAIRO, EGYPT UP TO NOW
IT WORRIES ME

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
HAMADA_EGYPT said:
I WON THE APPEAL IN TORONTO DECEMBER 9 , 2015 AND STILL HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING FROM THE EMBASSY IN CAIRO, EGYPT UP TO NOW
IT WORRIES ME
Dont worry my friend Hamada.......Did you find out which visa office your files was transfer to...Because your application might be process in cpc-ottawa and not egypt visa office....Everyone that won there appeal hear from the visa office but what ppl dont do is relax... They are in alot of haste...You will hear something from them when you are not expecting so dont dwell on it at all....The greatest thing is that you won your appeal..Pray to God and Have faith in the lord...God will open that door when the time is right.

Mar 18, 2014
SAHIL SINGH said:
hi.

My questions are. . .

1. Ask your friend to call 1-866-787-7472
2. Waiting time is less than 14-18 months average
3. Appears that file slipped through the gaps. Calling the 1-866 number or going through a Canadian MP can help

What about your own appeal from ON? Any success??

Karan751

Sep 11, 2014
Canada,toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2011
Doc's Request.
April 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012 and july 2015 after appeal
Med's Request
August 2015
Med's Done....
2011 and sept 2015
Interview........
August 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Refused October 2012, filled appeal same month
LANDED..........
Waiting
anyone knows how long new delhi office take to request for passport.
do the online ecas change right away after they send mail?
i am still waiting after september 7 getting the medicals done still no update no reply from them for even case sepicific enquiries
anyone from india got passport request recently ?

HAMADA_EGYPT

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Maddants said:
Dont worry my friend Hamada.......Did you find out which visa office your files was transfer to...Because your application might be process in cpc-ottawa and not egypt visa office....Everyone that won there appeal hear from the visa office but what ppl dont do is relax... They are in alot of haste...You will hear something from them when you are not expecting so dont dwell on it at all....The greatest thing is that you won your appeal..Pray to God and Have faith in the lord...God will open that door when the time is right.
thanks a lot my friend
all i know is that my hearing was in December 9 , the day we won then my wife received the approval letter signed by the immigration January 12 , 2016

my wife and I dont know where my file is ?
I believe my wife should call the immigration 2 ask about my file