+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

rose68

Jul 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
SV670 said:
There are no words for these type of issues.
My wife was refused permanent resident visa under spousal category.
Application file in Jan 2012, approved and sent to New Delhi Visa Office in June 2012.
The VO at New Delhi, India interviewed her in June 2014 and send refusal letter in Feb 2016.
Appeal has been filed and waiting for acceptance of appeal.
I don't understand the intentions of Visa Officer, who solely decides that our marriage is not genuine, whereas we are married for almost 5 years, and just because of this slow immigration process, we are not able to live together, and now they refused the visa, giving very moron reason, that "Marriage is not Genuine".
Hi,
Ohhhhhhhhhhh my God
What they r doing. After 3-4 yrs, very sad result.
Hv u any travel history more than six months stay?
Can u share yr share yr case as well interview experience?
Hv u appealed to IAD?

:mad:
Rose

life is dark

Feb 8, 2016
It's 3 weeks has gone, after my interview. Vo said, he is going to send my refusal letter within 2 weeks. But upto nowme/my sponser (husband) haven't got the refusal letter.what should we do now? Please help.thanks......

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
Hello Rose,

Here is my timeline,

Application Submitted to CPC Mississauga - Jan 2012
Application approved and forwarded to New Delhi VO - June 2012
NDVO asked for supporting documents - Jan 2014
Scheduled Interview - June 2014
NDVO again asked to submit more documents - Dec 2015
Refusal Letter received Feb 2016 - Based on "MARRIAGE NOT GENUINE".
Appeal Filed with IAD - Feb 2016

They took 4 years to make decision on my wife's application, am amused to understand the fact that one single person (whose competency is unknown) can solely decide on such cases, and deprive people of their their basic rights, to be reunited with their families.

On one side Canada is welcoming refugees from Syria, and on the other side, families charter of rights is being violated.
I think and suggest, we should go beyond this forum and take this case to higher level, and get laws changed. So that, families do not suffer.

client2014

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Uk london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
october 2015
Interview........
january 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
insha Allah soon
u are saying right my husband also want same...we are in pain...he says a lot of couples suffer because of them...h is holding signs...they should care

rose68

Jul 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
life is dark said:
It's 3 weeks has gone, after my interview. Vo said, he is going to send my refusal letter within 2 weeks. But upto nowme/my sponser (husband) haven't got the refusal letter.what should we do now? Please help.thanks......
Hi,
U find out genuine legal lawyer to file with IAD.U can send Appealed form without refusal letter.Hv given E-mail id to NDVO.?
U visit http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/ImmApp/Pages/ImmApp.aspx for more information.Can u share yr interview experiance?So other member to help.

Regds.
Rose.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
SV670 said:
Hello Rose,

Here is my timeline,

Application Submitted to CPC Mississauga - Jan 2012
Application approved and forwarded to New Delhi VO - June 2012
NDVO asked for supporting documents - Jan 2014
Scheduled Interview - June 2014
NDVO again asked to submit more documents - Dec 2015
Refusal Letter received Feb 2016 - Based on "MARRIAGE NOT GENUINE".
Appeal Filed with IAD - Feb 2016

They took 4 years to make decision on my wife's application, am amused to understand the fact that one single person (whose competency is unknown) can solely decide on such cases, and deprive people of their their basic rights, to be reunited with their families.

On one side Canada is welcoming refugees from Syria, and on the other side, families charter of rights is being violated.
I think and suggest, we should go beyond this forum and take this case to higher level, and get laws changed. So that, families do not suffer.
Sorry you are going through this. Its so difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Eventually, you will be reunited.....NEVER GIVE UP !

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
Gituverma said:
To All,

My Case is similar to everybody's except the time CHC (Canadian High Commission) New Delhi, India.
The VO sent a letter to my wife confirming her decision (REFUSAL) on her application after 4 years and 15 days.
The most stupid reason, 'MARRIAGE IN NOT GENUINE".
Received letter on Feb 17, 2016 at 10.00am and APPEAL file with IRB Feb 17, 2016 at 12.00pm.
I don't understand the logic behind the delay in giving their decision.
VO think they are so powerful and like GOD, just because they are on the giving side.
Our marriage was very simple, and that was my intention not to spend money and time for marriage.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for appeal to be accepted.
I WOULD LIKE TO MEET PEOPLE WHOSE SPOUSAL VISA HAS BEEN REFUSED AND LIKE TO START A REVOLUTION TO CHANGE THIS ON CIC FORUM, MEETING THE MINISTER (IMMIGRATION & CITIZENSHIP) AND PRESENT ALL CASES TOGETHER, and get the law changed.
People in Toronto can get back to me soon, and start thinking of further actions, as I also plan to go to Human Rights Commission to raise the issue.
Hi Gituverma,

We all agree!

I will be happy to add our case to your list.

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
This case seems to be very typical case.
How is this possible that after sitting over 4 years, VO (most unqualified people) refuse the visa?
This is just ridiculous and mockery of our rights.
This need to be addressed and must be put in line, and there should a law to correct this.
VO thinks, they are the most powerful authority on earth.
Just because I went ahead and wrote close to 80 letters to CHC New Delhi, and every time copied it to the Ministry (CIC) too, also included Media House, like CBC. Believe me, no one cared.
We gave all the documentary proofs of our relation, including property papers, which is in joint name, but none moved them, and they make us wait for 4 years, before giving stupid reason (Marriage not Genuine) to refuse the visa to my wife.
We all should make a presentation to the Minister (CIC), Hon John McCallum, (he is a great person) and pursue to amend this, and keep these types of VO on check.

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
Guys,

Such delays and appeals seems to be longer process and this need to be brought to the attention of the Ministry.
Scenario, spousal visa refused, Appeal file, and at ADR hearing, appeal won, case goes back to the concerned VO, and thus increasing their work, and then they claim they are overloaded.

Bringing such issues to the attention of federal government can bring down processing time, and can save government millions of dollars.

Please reply and join the forum, to present our cases to the Ministry.
I'm in Toronto and plan a meet to start this. SASPO (Soon As Possible).

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
WaitingSince2012 said:
You should be hearing back anytime now. Hopefully they will request your passport and issue you your visa next.
Its seems, these VO gets personal, as when they refuse and ADR approves it, they take get antagonize and delay the case on purpose.

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
wintersnow said:
According to my lawyer, the CIC makes sure a different VO reviews the case after a successful appeal. This makes sense because the same VO might try to justify his/her original decision and be biased.
If it is true that different VO reviews the case, it is very sensible thing on CIC part, but why can't they line up such VOs?

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
olorvi said:
Hi Olorvi,
Don't despair. I am the wife of Fyer. We have been reading this site for help, and it proved very helpful. I want you to know my husband must have had the same VO in Ghana. She had her mind made up already and made him feel so disrespected. She was rude and kept cutting him off and at one point said to my husband "are you arguing with me?" At which point he just sat there and didn't say anything. My husband received the same refusal letter BUT be warned!!!! I never ever until this day received a mail from her!!!! Thank god we used the letter he got to appeal instead of waiting as we would have missed the deadline which we believe is what she wanted. I complained to IAD about the VO and wrote a letter requesting we be allowed for ADR. We were granted ADR in Aug 2015. We won! My husband is now sitting beside me on my couch in his new home CANADA! Our ordeal is over but I want you to know there is hope. After the appeal our application was processed fully in Ottawa and he never had to go back to Ghana again.
Interview: Jan 2014
denied
Appeal in ADR Aug 2015
med and police requested Nov 2015
passport request Dec 2015
landed in Canada Feb 02/2015!!!!
So rough timeline but about a year after he was denied.
Be patient in the end it is so worth it

Good luck to everyone. We wish all families to be together soonest

I have already sent in my appeal, I received the refusal yesterday and I sent in the appeal papers through the courier an hour later. This certainly sounds like the same woman, she was very rude, never id herself and she said lots of stupid things about me and my husband. She cut him off and answered the questions for him and called him a liar when she allowed him to speak. I had more than enough proof to support our relationship.... 3000 pages of messages phone logs pictures letters from friends and family.
I am not giving up and have also asked for an ADR meeting and how she treated my husband.... I am totally disgusted with this :mad:
Yeah, I agree, the VO treats people very badly, whereas in Canada, no one can treat you like the the way, they treat. Would like know, why is it so? Why VO, mentality has gone to a different level, why do they doubt everyone?

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
Read the ***SHOCKING PIECE OF INFORMATION ABOUT VO's KNOWLEDGE***

As I've mentioned before, my wife's application has been refused from New Delhi VO, and appeal has been filed.
Do we get copy of full case file, so that we get to know, what documents has not been read by VO, before reaching the decision of refusing VISA? There are many documents, which are so important to the relationship, like joint property, joint mortgage, having wife's name on Insurance, under benefits provided by your company, you are working for, and your name on wife's official insurance.
VO asked me to submit copies of my passport, along with other so many documents, and while interviewing my sife, she said 'LOOK YOUR HUSBAND DID NOT SEND COPIES OF HIS PASSPORT', whereas, it was right under her hand, means, they didn't bother to check all documents, provided to them.

Also their knowledge can be challenged, they asked me submit my T-4, and NOA (Notice of Assessment) issued by CRA (Canada Revenue Agency), for 2015 in Jan 2016, and am 100% she didn't know that T-4 are not available before Feb, and NOA is not available be May of the following year.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
SV670 said:
Yeah, I agree, the VO treats people very badly, whereas in Canada, no one can treat you like the the way, they treat. Would like know, why is it so? Why VO, mentality has gone to a different level, why do they doubt everyone?
I know those under appeal feel a lot of anger towards the visa officers, however to put this into another perspective you must realize that from approximately 260,000 PR application in 2014 only approx 4500 have been refused. So overall the percentage rate of refusal is very very low. They have a job to make, it's not an easy job to asses other people's relationships. I would say that if an officer has serious doubts only in that case they refuse based on the above numbers.

Also a lot of blame should be with your countrymen and women who were applying fraudulently for PR gain, financial gain etc. there are specific countries that see a larger number of refusals (India, Pakistan, Vietnam, China etc) ask yourself why are refusal rate typically higher in those countries?! Because over and over again fellow applicants, sponsors from those countries enter into fake marriages.