Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
loveawaits said:
i won my adr in augst got signed and my lawyer said to wait for any letter i have recived a letter requesting for new updated forms because i have did my application forms back in 2011 now they want new form along with medicals police certificate and an updated copy of my husbands passport and also i paid for the resident fee i have finished it now waiting for the ppr request but i do not know if they will ask for my husbands passport to india or ask him to travel there its really tough i hope i get over this nightmare so do you :) oh and also my case is in ottawa i dont know about if yours wilk be in india you just got to wait and see but so far my letters and my case is in ottawa
Hey loveawaits....can you tell me how long did it take after you one you appeal for you to hear from Ottawa.......can you share your timeline please...thank you

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Syphonic said:
My husband and I have been married 2 1/2 years. We had an interview and received our refusal email December 8. They don't believe that our marriage is genuine. We Are both devastated and will be appealing. Any suggestions on what we can do to prove our marriage is real? We have visited four different countries together and have provided proof of the trips. We have letters from our parents, even though we are WELL over the age of majority, and from our friends.

Any idea how long this process will take and the likelihood of success?

Syphonic
Hey Syphonic, I sorry to hear that you and your husband got refused after the interview...What you have to do is just continue collecting evidences to show that you and your husband stay in contact with each other daily...Just pray that you get an adr hearing because that is shorter waiting time than a full hearing which can take 2 yrs. if you have to go thru the iad office in Toronto.... keep all your phone records. chat logs online, email to each other, letters, post card, pictures, airline ticket stubs, joint bank account, etc.... Mostly when you go for the hearing they will ask you all sort of questions about your spouse and your relationship. If you have a full hearing then they will question you first and then call your spouse on the phone and question him aswel but if it an adr hearing you get, they will only ask you questions....the most important thing is...make sure that you and your spouse are on the same page even if it a lie you are telling.. remember all the important dates like when you get married, when the first time you and him travel together, where and when was your honeymoon...things like that....if you have any more question we will be happy to help you out..... the main reason why ppl lose their appeal case is because they contradict themselves....I hope this give you a bit of insight about the appeal.

One this forum 98% of people win there appeal case.... just like what I said before the time frame varies. Vancouver offices if much faster than the Toronto office.... So it really depends on which office you will be dealing with.

Syphonic

Aug 12, 2015
Thank you so much. This is incredibly difficult. I am hoping the notes give us some insight. I am concerned that our interview came at a terrible time in regards to world events. Our CIC office is Paris and my husband is Algerian.

I don't want to leave my career and sell my home to move to Algeria, but I may have to. Hopefully we can get someone to listen

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Syphonic said:
Thank you so much. This is incredibly difficult. I am hoping the notes give us some insight. I am concerned that our interview came at a terrible time in regards to world events. Our CIC office is Paris and my husband is Algerian.

I don't want to leave my career and sell my home to move to Algeria, but I may have to. Hopefully we can get someone to listen
where are you from Syphonic, which province you live... once you get your bluebook, it will let you know about the visa officer concern... If you can shop around for a good lawyer also...they have a few ppl on this forum that one there cases without a lawyer but it is really up to you though

Syphonic

Aug 12, 2015
I am in British Columbia so I will be going through the Vancouver office. We were called for an interview in Algeria at the Canadian embassy, but I wasn't called in. Seemed strange to me.

I have an immigration consultant, but I will see what the notes from Paris say. I have a lawyer friend who said they would look at my appeal paperwork fir free, but any idea about the cost of hiring a lawyer?

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Syphonic said:

Hi there. I am sorry to hear about the recent refusal in your case. The main reasons of resusal for non geniuses of marriage for applicants from Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia among others are age difference (woman older than the man, different religion and culture, different educational backgrounds, woman divorced and has kids from previous relationship and the man was never married before, online relationship and marriage on first visit or very soon after meeting) if you had any of the aforementioned likely that was the reason for refusal. Events from Paris would have had absolutely no effect on the decision.

If you had any of the above listed "red flags" which were not addressed properly in the application or by your husband in the interview it likely caused the refusal.

There was a recent member Solblue that was refused in Paris (husband Tunisian) and once appealed were granted an ADR and were successful in winning their appeal.

Good luck and wishing you a speedy successful appeal.

Asia

Syphonic

Aug 12, 2015
Is it strange that I was not interviewed? I am older and I am a widow......insert red flags here, but I have met his family and we have discussed cultural differences etc. I am an international admissions officer at a university so I am infinitely aware of "players". My husband has no "game" and he certainly wouldn't have taken me to meet his family if he was playing a game.

I am really want the chance to be heard. I just wonder why they didn't interview me when they knew I was there.???

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Syphonic said:
I am in British Columbia so I will be going through the Vancouver office. We were called for an interview in Algeria at the Canadian embassy, but I wasn't called in. Seemed strange to me.

I have an immigration consultant, but I will see what the notes from Paris say. I have a lawyer friend who said they would look at my appeal paperwork fir free, but any idea about the cost of hiring a lawyer?
That a good thing that you are going true the Vancouver office because there time is shorter than Toronto.... your lawyer friend can help you...don't worry you will do go when the time comes.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Syphonic said:
Is it strange that I was not interviewed? I am older and I am a widow......insert red flags here, but I have met his family and we have discussed cultural differences etc. I am an international admissions officer at a university so I am infinitely aware of "players". My husband has no "game" and he certainly wouldn't have taken me to meet his family if he was playing a game.

I am really want the chance to be heard. I just wonder why they didn't interview me when they knew I was there.???
Sponsor doesn't get interviewed in Outland applications. This is totally normal. As for the age difference, if it's a big gap this needs to be addressed in the application due to cultural norms. I am not saying that your husband is playing you to come here, but meeting his family means nothing to the officer (based on records, families are often in on the scam).

Also if your husband is let's say in his 20s or 30s and you are beyond maternal age this poses a huge issue for the visa officers, because again, culturally the only reason for marriage in Islam is having a family (kids).

Also another red flag in those countries are small weddings that do not follow the norm which is a big lavish wedding.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
I'm glad you found this forum because you will get a lot of information on how to prepare for the appeal and what needs to be addressed in the appeal.

It's great you are in Vancouver, based on times lines Vancouver has reasonable wait times.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Syphonic said:
My husband and I have been married 2 1/2 years. We had an interview and received our refusal email December 8. They don't believe that our marriage is genuine. We Are both devastated and will be appealing. Any suggestions on what we can do to prove our marriage is real? We have visited four different countries together and have provided proof of the trips. We have letters from our parents, even though we are WELL over the age of majority, and from our friends.

Syphonic
Hello syphonic. I am very sorry to hear about the refusal. We were also refused by the Paris office and just recently won our appeal. Did you send the appeal request already? It seems that the paris vos like to refuse if there are any red flags that is age, culture, religion, education differences etc. Order the notes from cic then you will know exactly what the vo was concerned with. As far as proving that your relationship is genuine they are looking for things like continuity and amount of communication, his intent at the time of marriage, how many times you visited each other and a really good explanation to any red flags. You can win the appeal. I see you are in B.C. so it may not take too long. Like my lawyer said the refugee and immigration board members are pretty reasonable and have been good with the appeals in the past. Very different experience than my husband's interview with the paris vo. If you need any details just send me a message.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Syphonic said:

Syphonic
Can I ask....Does the CIC site say DM or did you guys just get an email?...

taj p

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31oct2013
AOR Received.
15nov2013
File Transfer...
20nov2013
Med's Done....
07oct2013
Passport Req..
17jan2014
ezez0624 said:
DECISION MADE!!?

Guys if you won your appeal and are waiting on IN PROCESS status please check your ecas to see if it's changed. Mine just changed to DM today!!

LA Visa Office/IAD Vancouver/CPC-Ottawa
2014 Oct Appealed
2015 Mar Blue Book
2015 July ADR won
2015 Sep New medical
2015 Dec Decision Made

congrats , I wanted to ask you something but your inbox is full please if you can kindly clean it. :D
I remember bunch of people got approved for PR last spring around same time (March-April) so I was always curious if they approve a batch at a time. (This time possibly with the refugees?)

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
hey guys, can't wait to share our good news with you, today we won our full hearing in Vancouver. appealed early Jan, had ADR in early Sep, failed, had full hearing today, we were told appel is allowed. sooooo happy, waiting for their wrtien decision sent sometime.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
AnnieDonald said:
hey guys, can't wait to share our good news with you, today we won our full hearing in Vancouver. appealed early Jan, had ADR in early Sep, failed, had full hearing today, we were told appel is allowed. sooooo happy, waiting for their wrtien decision sent sometime.
Congrats Annie.........welcome to the club....Im so happy for you and your spouse....the greatest things is the full hearing is over and you are now ready for the next step... :p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D