File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Syphonic said:
I met with my immigration consultant today. We have two options:

1. Appeal which will cost about $10,000 and no guarantee that CIC will overturn the decision even upon the recommendation of the appeal "panel"

2. Refile the permanent resident application from square one and try to address the concerns raised by the immigration officer (insert he is Muslim and I am not here). Cost approx $3000 with immigration, filing and courier fees)

Thoughts,? Recommendations??

TIA!!

Wintersnow is right. Most applications will get turned down unless your circumstances changed significantly...some examples: having a baby, going and living there for a while. Did they say something was wrong with your application or do you feel there is something missing? If you feel your application was incomplete or something was wrong with it then you can otherwise is not worth it. you do not need somebody to do your application for 3000. yes you can find a way cheaper lawyer. look at the notes you order from cic and look at what concerns the vo had. I had some people also telling me to reapply but i have been on this forum at that time and everybody advised against that. Also, my lawyer after he saw our application said that the vo must have not bothered reading it because nothing was missing. you can find a lawyer from 3000 to 5000 easily, even some consultants are very good. if you re submit maybe the same vo will do same thing exactly. at the appeal you have a chance to being heard and they are way more reasonable than the vos. I do not know your exact circumstances but my husband is from Tunisia and we did have many red flags.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
VG73 said:
What's the difference having a lawyer or without a lawyer
Hi VG73, i sent you a personal msg about the questions asked on the hearing.

VG73

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hongkong
Visa Office......
Hk.
App. Filed.......
1-10-2014
Med's Request
21-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-08-2017
Got it... Annie thank you so much..

K2014

Mar 8, 2014
HAMADA_EGYPT said:
Hi Everybody
we won the appeal
thank God the nightmare is gone
Hi dear can u tell me where u fill ur appeal I'm from Montreal and fill my appeal in May , received blue book on August and in September they (cbsa) ask for additional photograph for traditional marriage but till now no news any advice from any one....thanks

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
wintersnow said:
Hi Yousef,

I feel so sorry for you. You have waited so long. If you really believe the process was unjust ... even at the full hearing level then I think it might be a good idea to write your story and give it to our government or the media. I think our new government is more sympathetic to the injustice we have all felt at the hands of the previous administration.

I think it might just be worth a try.
Good idea wintersnow.

HAMADA_EGYPT

Star Member
May 25, 2013
K2014 said:
HAMADA_EGYPT said:
Hi Everybody
we won the appeal
Hi dear can u tell me where u fill ur appeal I'm from Montreal and fill my appeal in May , received blue book on August and in September they (cbsa) ask for additional photograph for traditional marriage but till now no news any advice from any one....thanks
Hi there
First off , good luck
my appeal was held in Toronto which is the busiest office in Canada
Your office is much faster along with Vancouver
u should get an appeal date soon though
if ur case was rejected cuz they say its not genuine , then u must prepare real well with ur spouse and must know everything about each other
if u and ur spouse give the same answers to their questions then u cant be refused
there is nothing they can do
concentrate and good luck
if u have more questions , feel free to ask me

ezez0624

Apr 25, 2015
Just got CoPR in the mail!! ;D ;D ;D OMG we were so worried cuz they skipped PPR and went straight to decision made.

IAD Vancouver/CPC-Ottawa
2014 Oct Appealed
2015 Mar Blue Book
2015 July ADR won
2015 Sep New medical
2015 Dec 11 Decision Made
2015 Dec 17 Confirmation of Permanent Residence Received

We're going to the boarder to land tmr!!!!! Thanks to everyone who shared their stories we owe you so much!!

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
HAMADA_EGYPT said:
Hi Everybody
we won the appeal
congrats, its so good to hear that so many people are winning

K2014

Mar 8, 2014
HAMADA_EGYPT said:
Hi there
First off , good luck
if ur case was rejected cuz they say its not genuine , then u must prepare real well with ur spouse and must know everything about each other
if u and ur spouse give the same answers to their questions then u cant be refused

Thanks for reply, for u how long it takes to get dates and it was ADR or full hearing .

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
ezez0624 said:
Just got CoPR in the mail!! ;D ;D ;D OMG we were so worried cuz they skipped PPR and went straight to decision made.

IAD Vancouver/CPC-Ottawa
2014 Oct Appealed
2015 Mar Blue Book
2015 July ADR won
2015 Sep New medical

We're going to the boarder to land tmr!!!!! Thanks to everyone who shared their stories we owe you so much!!
Hi Ezez0624, contrats. may i ask how did you get the notices of re-do medical, passport request notice, it is through email (sponsor's or the person who is going to Canada), or the notices were sent by normal post mail ? We just won our full hearing in Vanacouver on the 14th, Dec, waiting for next steps. Congrats again, so happy to see another one finished this jounery. Best wishes.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
K2014 said:
HAMADA_EGYPT said:
Hi there
First off , good luck

Thanks for reply, for u how long it takes to get dates and it was ADR or full hearing .
hi K2014, from Ez's post, it is adr, not full hearing. I also can share my timeline, ours is also in Vancouver, appealled early Jan, 2015, blue book received Middle March, 2015, ADR date was told June, ADR set for 10, Sep, dismissed in ADR, set date 14, Dec right after ADR, won full hearing this Monday. I am from China, Hongkong visa office refused in Dec,2014. Hope this can give you the idea what to expect in term of timeline.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
ezez0624 said:

IAD Vancouver/CPC-Ottawa
2014 Oct Appealed
2015 Mar Blue Book
2015 July ADR won
2015 Sep New medical

Hi ezez, another question pls, if they didn't ask you to send your passport to them (in your words:they skipped PPR and went straight to decision made), then how did they give you the visa, i thought usually a visa should be stamped on our passport? Thank you. :)

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
Maddants said:
Congrats Annie.........welcome to the club....Im so happy for you and your spouse....the greatest things is the full hearing is over and you are now ready for the next step... :p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D
Thank you Maddants, my husband and I are extremely happy for the news. He fled to Vancouver from China on Sunday, had the full hearing on Monday--14th, Dec, on the morning we knew we won, he fled back to China to me on Tuesday, its stressful, but we are so excited when we knew we won. now we are waiting for the letter to arrive in my husband's canada address, his family can help check for us. someone told me it might take only 5 days for the letter to arrive. our hearing was held in Vancouver, my husband's address is in Victoria. what step are you at now ? re-doing your medical ? Thanks again. best wishes for you and your spouse.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
HAMADA_EGYPT said:
Hi Everybody
we won the appeal
Congrats on winning your appeal Hamada_Egypt.... Welcome to the club...now just have to sit back and wait for the next step.... Im very happy for you and your spouse