Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
Dawud said:
wintersnow,i am sorry about your story wish you all the best keep moving please what is difference ADR and IAD,
IAD is the division that handles the appeals (Immigration Appeals Division). ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) is a mediation session that is given to certain cases as a pre-cursor to a full hearing.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Kistehsia said:
OMG! I am so sorry that your poor wife went through such a traumatic interview, it appears they treated her no better then a criminal convicted of a serious crime . This is so disturbing, I too am ashamed to be Canadian. Yet at one time prided myself on such. My father gave himself to this country as a Native Metis/ Cree... Served this country for many years till retirement, several tours of duty to the Middle East leaving his family for many months at a time. I to invested many years with the Government in Alberta with Native Multi service team taking in 32 infants born addicted to crack, coccain, alcohol and born to HIV moms... Did this for several years till being diagnosed with Liver issue. Have even adopted two of the little ones. Both Vietnamese mix with Native and African. Love them to bits.
Having VO question my ability to deal with different culture and race of my spouse is simply sickening as my entire family is diverse and made up of many cultures. My Grandfather immigrated from UKand married my Native Grandmother (28yrs difference in age too) she went to her grave with his ring on her finger 30yrs after his death... " he was man enough for me". All off this included in government issued genealogy from my father's military info.
I asked my Government one frickin thing!!!! Please let me live with my husband here in my own country and they refuse!!!! I give them everything they asked for and still not good enough... I am ashamed VERY ashamed!
Heart breaking..,hope eventually everything turns out positively...

ezez0624

Apr 25, 2015
Wintersnow/Kistehsia, I too share the sympathy for you with everyone else here. Hope you get thru this once more and beat the system like many of us eventually did.

Well to be honest the waiting game after winning isn't so much fun either. Bunch of people sitting in their office not doing anything about your file...

When I think about it, even after we get everything we want there's always gonna be judgemental decisions, abuse of power/authority, mistreating of people. If this isn't Bureaucracy I don't know what is.

But after all we choose to be Canadians (not quite like the old days where all Canadians were friendly to each other and you'd get help out on a street from complete stranger but) so it has to be better place to live than most other countries.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Kistehsia it's wonderful to hear you are Métis. I am too. My parents from Lebret. Their parents too. And so on. My Mom is related to Cuthbert Grant down two ancestral lines.
I bet your little rug rats are adorable. You do so much and then have to go thru cic and iad... Best wishes

aquarian visa

Dec 8, 2014
Hi ppl

Plz help me..got adr selection letter by june end but so far hvnt rcvd adr date.

My husband in canada changed his address and was in India from mid july to first week of aug but intimatef via letter to irb abt it.

Plz tell me wat shud we do now.

Waiting eagerly for ur expert help0

taj p

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31oct2013
AOR Received.
15nov2013
File Transfer...
20nov2013
Med's Done....
07oct2013
Passport Req..
17jan2014
aquarian visa said:
Hi ppl

Plz help me..got adr selection letter by june end but so far hvnt rcvd adr date.

My husband in canada changed his address and was in India from mid july to first week of aug but intimatef via letter to irb abt it.

Plz tell me wat shud we do now.

Waiting eagerly for ur expert help0

your inbox is full i cant pm u pls clear it

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
wintersnow said:
Don't despair! Do you have a lawyer? Many have been successful without one. My advice to you is focus on this

1) Be familiar with your history (how you met, etc.) and the reasons the VO dismissed your case. The minister's counsel may not even discuss this (as was my situation) but you must be prepared anyways.

2) Make the minister's counsel believe you. A big problem with me was she believed me, but I think she suspected I was a likely candidate to be taken advantage of. Make them believe you are convinced the relationship is genuine and that you cannot be fooled easily.

3) Be prepared to defend your partner. Find examples from what you submitted that support the claim your partner is genuine, responsible and would not take advantage of anyone. I could have said many things that prove my partner is genuine.

4) The minister's counsel will ask questions .... you must find a way to insert positive aspects of your relationship in the conversation.

5) If the counsel is being rude or otherwise unprofessional ... ask to have him/her replaced
Thanks wintersnow. I am not sure how it is going to go. I hired a lawyer just for our safe side. Hopefully good happens. Thanks for your information. Really I appreciate your help. I will follow your points. :)

luvk

Jan 27, 2015
hi ajarupan
ADR OR IAD which is full hearing? when? im really scared too.

ajarupan said:
??? My head is turning upside down. I am going to have my interview next week. IAD ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
luvk said:
hi ajarupan
ADR OR IAD which is full hearing? when? im really scared too.
I am going to have full hearing (IAD). Are you having hearing too? Which one?

Oct 13, 2012
Can somebody here pls share how you guys organized your proofs that you submitted for your adr conference? We are selected for adr and our date is on Oct 20, but me and my husband still struggling how to organize our proofs. Pls share what you did. Your advices are highly appreciated. Thank You :)

Kistehsia

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
GraceyandFrankie said:
Can somebody here pls share how you guys organized your proofs that you submitted for your adr conference? We are selected for adr and our date is on Oct 20, but me and my husband still struggling how to organize our proofs. Pls share what you did. Your advices are highly appreciated. Thank You :)

I will tell you how I prepared my documents etc.
1. First page was table off contents. ( a list from 1-?? However many )
Example....

Table of Contents
1. Cover letters from myself and husband. Number each page and use a tab divider with the #1 written on it.
2. Letter of Recommendation from Alberta Health Management. Again number each page and use tab divider with #2 written on it.

Continue in this fashion for each document (evidence you wish to enter.)
Most importantly make sure you number pages in each document. Also make sure your table of contents match your tab numbers.
I kept my hundreds of pages chat as last last document in its own binders. REMEMBER to also write your file/case number on first page of each document.

Hope this helps ... If any questions let me know.

P.S remember one copy to IAD and one copy to Minister's Counsel

malikussy

Jul 26, 2012
Hello .. I have won my adr at 6 august 2015 .. Recieved the letter about wining decesion on 8 august. They also send the same letter to my laywer and minister counsil.. Question is how much time it will take to transfer my file to london amd when they will ask for police clearnce and re madical .. And also that who will send the letter to london office . Plz some one guide me.. Thanx in advance

Rogersmac

Jul 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also won my ADR on August 6,2015 but never got a letter till now . I call IRB yesterday they told me to wait. I don't why it takes took long to send the decision letter . my Office was in Toronto what about your office which one it was ?