+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Oa

Star Member
May 15, 2015
tunisianbride said:
Can't remember exactly how long everything took, but we won our appeal on Feb.21/13 with the decision being made right after the hearing. I didn't hear anything for about 3 months (except we got the decision letter maybe about 6 wks. after we won), so I got my lawyer to call the IAD to find out when/if my file had been transferred to Ottawa. It had not, but less than a week after my lawyer had called them, we got an email from Ottawa, asking for the updated forms. My husband re-did his medical and we completed all the forms, then we got everything back to them probably within 10 days, then I remember it was the first day of Ramadan, July 9, 2013, that my husband picked up his Visa at the Canadian Embassy in Tunisia and he arrived in Canada September 1. :D
Thank you for responding tunisianbride. I think your case was the fast that got visa within 4 and half months from the time you won your appeal, which off course is really good, everybody else on this forum's timelines are between six to eight months roughly. Thank you once again for responding quickly. Take care

Lenchik

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2013 refused. blue book - July 2013. ADR - May,2014
Hello, I had an ADR in May 2014 and won it. Up until now my husband waits for visa: ( Contacted MP many times as well as sent letters to CIC the only reply im getting is file in process: (( crazy... Our daughter turns 2 this fall.

Oa

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Lenchik said:
Hello, I had an ADR in May 2014 and won it. Up until now my husband waits for visa: ( Contacted MP many times as well as sent letters to CIC the only reply im getting is file in process: (( crazy... Our daughter turns 2 this fall.
Hi Lenchik, I am sorry to hear that, I think it's really pathetic. Maple23 one of other members from this forum has a same problem they won their full hearing in I think June of 2014. Where is your file Ottawa or your vo. Hope your husband gets his visa soon.

Yana

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 april 2013
Doc's Request.
November 24, 2015
AOR Received.
sponsorship rejection in july 2013
Med's Request
November 24, 2015
Med's Done....
January 05, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
february 19, 2016 and passport submitted on February 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
case refused on 18 sept 2014 won appeal on july 31, 2015
We have won the appeal. we filed in jan 2015 got blue book in april 2015. IAD asked for written submissions . we did the same and won alhamdulillah.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
NOV 2014 DENIED...FILED APPEAL JAN 2015....HEARING IN JULY 2017
LANDED..........
Waiting
Yana said:
We have won the appeal. we filed in jan 2015 got blue book in april 2015. IAD asked for written submissions . we did the same and won alhamdulillah.

Congrats Yana, you made it through the hardest part.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
Kistehsia said:
OMG! I am so sorry that your poor wife went through such a traumatic interview, it appears they treated her no better then a criminal convicted of a serious crime . This is so disturbing, I too am ashamed to be Canadian. Yet at one time prided myself on such. My father gave himself to this country as a Native Metis/ Cree... Served this country for many years till retirement, several tours of duty to the Middle East leaving his family for many months at a time. I to invested many years with the Government in Alberta with Native Multi service team taking in 32 infants born addicted to crack, coccain, alcohol and born to HIV moms... Did this for several years till being diagnosed with Liver issue. Have even adopted two of the little ones. Both Vietnamese mix with Native and African. Love them to bits.
Having VO question my ability to deal with different culture and race of my spouse is simply sickening as my entire family is diverse and made up of many cultures. My Grandfather immigrated from UKand married my Native Grandmother (28yrs difference in age too) she went to her grave with his ring on her finger 30yrs after his death... " he was man enough for me". All off this included in government issued genealogy from my father's military info.
I asked my Government one frickin thing!!!! Please let me live with my husband here in my own country and they refuse!!!! I give them everything they asked for and still not good enough... I am ashamed VERY ashamed!

I'm so sorry for all that you have went through....so sad. Its very heartbreaking to go through so much and then still not have your husband with you.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
I'm so frustrated, my lawyer said they want to give us a hard time in getting a date for ADR, don't know if they want to send us to full hearing. So much time going and nothing being done. This system is so sick...putting everyone's lives on hold. You make plans for your future and then this happens and messes with your life...not to mention all the heartache and suffering you have to feel :(

Lenchik

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2013 refused. blue book - July 2013. ADR - May,2014
Oa said:
Hi Lenchik, I am sorry to hear that, I think it's really pathetic. Maple23 one of other members from this forum has a same problem they won their full hearing in I think June of 2014. Where is your file Ottawa or your vo. Hope your husband gets his visa soon.
Hi.
our file is in Ottawa. And they suppose to be fast track: (

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
I have a question. My wife still does not speak English well so we will need an interpreter at the full hearing. I have heard it affects your chances of success if you need an interpreter at the hearing.

Is that true? Has anyone else needed an interpreter at their hearing?

Oa

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Lenchik said:
Hi.
our file is in Ottawa. And they suppose to be fast track: (
Hi Lenchik I think there is something really wrong with this scenerio. You should demand answer from your mp they are suppose to intervene if the case is taking so long after appeal. Go with your daughter every other day to his office and tell him or her that you need answer on your file, not that it's in process but a actual update. The other thing is to contact Toronto star.

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
wintersnow said:
I have a question. My wife still does not speak English well so we will need an interpreter at the full hearing. I have heard it affects your chances of success if you need an interpreter at the hearing.

Is that true? Has anyone else needed an interpreter at their hearing?
I had an interpreter in my full hearing and won. It's much more important that the applicant understand what's being asked, then to worry about what affect it might have. One of the biggest reasons we were refused was because they didn't believe my husband could speak English well enough to understand me (not true), but that didn't stop us from hiring an interpreter for the full hearing. His English wasn't that bad and he might've done ok without an interpreter, but we didn't want to take the chance. Anyways, they asked him some questions in English near the end of the full hearing (to see if he could understand), which naturally he did, and he gave a very lengthy English response. The MC gave up after that and we won our appeal. ;)

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
tunisianbride said:
I had an interpreter in my full hearing and won. It's much more important that the applicant understand what's being asked, then to worry about what affect it might have. One of the biggest reasons we were refused was because they didn't believe my husband could speak English well enough to understand me (not true), but that didn't stop us from hiring an interpreter for the full hearing. His English wasn't that bad and he might've done ok without an interpreter, but we didn't want to take the chance. Anyways, they asked him some questions in English near the end of the full hearing (to see if he could understand), which naturally he did, and he gave a very lengthy English response. The MC gave up after that and we won our appeal. ;)
That worries me a bit. Although, for us, the main reason isn't language. They don't trust her motives. She understands me with simple sentences, but I don't think she could answer questions from the MC. We communicate very well, using a video application with a built in translator. And when we are physically together we seem to understand each other better ... but we do use translation software on our cell phones.

We have a full hearing in November, I wonder if we should postpone it until she can get some language course.

Yana

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 april 2013
Doc's Request.
November 24, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Request
November 24, 2015
Med's Done....
January 05, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Thank yew.. pls remember in prayers.. what are the next steps if u cud please explain

Yana

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 april 2013
Doc's Request.
November 24, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Request
November 24, 2015
Med's Done....
January 05, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
we can just pray dear.. just pray and be positive throughout the journey...everything will be good inshaa ALLAH

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
Yana said:
Hi Yana' So they never called you for a ADR or any kind of hearing?