Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
NOV 2014 DENIED...FILED APPEAL JAN 2015....HEARING IN JULY 2017
LANDED..........
Waiting
npunite said:
Can i ask you a question?In your case, On what ground was the applicant rejected??
and what are the possibilities of getting through with the ADR. Like my case...would they send it to ADR or call for a full hearing? What do you think?
Just quoting something I said to another person on here earlier:

Being successful at ADR depends on how well you answer your questions and the kind of evidence you provide to back up your answers. You need to know your spouse inside out and vise versa. Learn everything about each other. Make sure you remember every detail on how your relationship started and progressed up to this point. Try not to leave any gaps and make mistakes. You and your spouse have to have to give the same answers in case they ask similar questions. You and your spouse also have to have a solid plan to explain to them if they ask you what you will do if they don't issue the visa to you.

As long as you and your spouse know everything about each other and have a plan for the future together you will do fine at ADR.
HAVE FAITH AND BE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF AND YOUR MARRIAGE

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
Any VO in my opinion that can't see the difference between a marriage that is real and one that is fake is not qualified to do that job. A lot of people who have genuine marriages are suffering for no reason at all. This appeal process can be so frustrating at times. I wish the VO's could be in our shoes and go through the agony that we have to go through.

npunite

Jun 10, 2015
Mrs.S said:
Any VO in my opinion that can't see the difference between a marriage that is real and one that is fake is not qualified to do that job. A lot of people who have genuine marriages are suffering for no reason at all. This appeal process can be so frustrating at times. I wish the VO's could be in our shoes and go through the agony that we have to go through.
I know.. Its just saddening how previous fraud cases has made those officer suspect each and everyone's application. Thinking about the whole appeal process is very disheartening. The officer must consider the fact that taking time won't help as its the matter of our future and every day is precious for us. No matter whatever decision they make, they need to speed up the process so that we people (one's with the genuine cases) can get the breath of relief at least...

Kistehsia

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Mrs.S said:
I totally agree Mrs. S .... They form their decisions based on their own opinions. I believe there should be set rules for these VO's. What gives them the right to insult and call us inappropriate things "sickly old woman who can't have children". Etc. they cross the line and need to realize that each marriage is unique and special, and recognize it as such. I may be chewing an old bone here, but we have constitutional rights and should not have to undergo being humiliated and insulted. So many of the questions asked have no bearing on whether or not a marriage is genuine. Just my opinion.
Keep the faith in loved ones my friends !!

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Hang in there guys......waiting is the hardest part but eventually, most of the cases are approved. I agree with above posts-----it is absolutely disgusting what they put some people through. NOT ACCEPTABLE ! :D

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
Kistehsia said:
I totally agree Mrs. S .... They form their decisions based on their own opinions. I believe there should be set rules for these VO's. What gives them the right to insult and call us inappropriate things "sickly old woman who can't have children". Etc. they cross the line and need to realize that each marriage is unique and special, and recognize it as such. I may be chewing an old bone here, but we have constitutional rights and should not have to undergo being humiliated and insulted. So many of the questions asked have no bearing on whether or not a marriage is genuine. Just my opinion.
Keep the faith in loved ones my friends !!
I agree with all of you. The VOs can be very bad. But I don't think it is their fault. The fault lies in the system.

All professions have good and bad individuals. My mother's doctor almost killed her because he misdiagnosed kidney failure with iron deficiency. Fortunately my brother was proactive and saw that my mother was very sick ... her skin was grey. Does it take a doctor to se this?

Like the CIC, the medical profession has bad employees and we are somewhat protected because they are accountable. If they kill or injure you, they jeopardize their career.

There is no accountability at CIC. It is obvious from all of our stories. Do you think you are the only person your particular VO has abused (there is no other way to put it). It would take very little effort to introduce a monitoring system and look for patterns of refusals by certain VOs. These VOs could be singled out and disciplined or trained ... something to change the behavior. One of my co-workers had a very simple solution ... have each case reviewed by a group of VOs ... majority opinion wins.

Sometimes, the only way to change things in the government is to make the financial burden this broken system inflicts on us ... the tax payers. I have heard that over 5000 cases are appealed every year. Gsize says most of the appeals are successful. So, what do you think it costs the tax payer to support 5000 cases brought to the ADR ... or even worse to court? I have gone to visit my wife in her country several times ... I did not spend my money in Canada. If she were here we might have a baby and increase our spending in Canada. My step son might start playing soccer and we would buy equipment, etc.

There is a ripple effect to these poor CIC decisions and once we, the tax payers see the cost associated with the poor management we might be able to force CIC to "clean up their act".

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
wintersnow said:
I agree with all of you. The VOs can be very bad. But I don't think it is their fault. The fault lies in the system.

All professions have good and bad individuals. My mother's doctor almost killed her because he misdiagnosed kidney failure with iron deficiency. Fortunately my brother was proactive and saw that my mother was very sick ... her skin was grey. Does it take a doctor to se this?

Like the CIC, the medical profession has bad employees and we are somewhat protected because they are accountable. If they kill or injure you, they jeopardize their career.

There is no accountability at CIC. It is obvious from all of our stories. Do you think you are the only person your particular VO has abused (there is no other way to put it). It would take very little effort to introduce a monitoring system and look for patterns of refusals by certain VOs. These VOs could be singled out and disciplined or trained ... something to change the behavior. One of my co-workers had a very simple solution ... have each case reviewed by a group of VOs ... majority opinion wins.

Sometimes, the only way to change things in the government is to make the financial burden this broken system inflicts on us ... the tax payers. I have heard that over 5000 cases are appealed every year. Gsize says most of the appeals are successful. So, what do you think it costs the tax payer to support 5000 cases brought to the ADR ... or even worse to court? I have gone to visit my wife in her country several times ... I did not spend my money in Canada. If she were here we might have a baby and increase our spending in Canada. My step son might start playing soccer and we would buy equipment, etc.

There is a ripple effect to these poor CIC decisions and once we, the tax payers see the cost associated with the poor management we might be able to force CIC to "clean up their act".
""I agree with all of you. The VOs can be very bad. But I don't think it is their fault. The fault lies in the system "

Although the system does not work efficiently, there are many bad apples who have high rejection rates. CIC knows who they are but they still continue doing what they do best.

You are absolutely correct about cost to taxpayer, but then again Canadians wont do much about it. Too busy trying to put food on the table.

Just be thankful that there are no 'work slowdowns' these days. It went from bad to worse a few years ago.

Keep fighting ! :D

Sh1980

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-nov-2013
Doc's Request.
---
AOR Received.
Sent on 18-dec-2013 but received via email on 24-jan-2014
File Transfer...
24-jan-2014
Med's Request
remedical request on 11 feb 2015
Med's Done....
03-oct-2013 1st medical expired/ remed request 11-feb-2015
Interview........
Interview call on 23-march-2015
Passport Req..
---
VISA ISSUED...
---inshAllah
LANDED..........
---inshAllah
Hello everyone! I'm very upset cause my case has been refused because of a little misrepresentation.. Can anyone tell me a good lawyer in Vancouver British Columbia who has dealt with their case..I don't understand one thing more that they have send me the appeal letter to enter sponsorship appeal.. Does that mean to start the sponsorship from the beginning.. Can anyone please contact me through inbox and give me their number so that I can talk to them.. Plz help thank you

Yana

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 april 2013
Doc's Request.
November 24, 2015
AOR Received.
sponsorship rejection in july 2013
Med's Request
November 24, 2015
Med's Done....
January 05, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
february 19, 2016 and passport submitted on February 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
case refused on 18 sept 2014 won appeal on july 31, 2015
what is ur case? tell me.

Lawyer info:

ANTHONY NAVANEELAN
Barrister & Solicitor

mamann sandaluk & kIngwell LLP
Immigration Lawyers

Direct: 416-548-9078 | Main: 416-862-0000
Fax: 416-548-9094 | Toll Free: 1-855-785-5512
Address: 82 Richmond Street East, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5C 1P1
Email: anthony @ migrationlaw.com | Web: www.migrationlaw.com

npunite

Jun 10, 2015
My husband filed the appeal today. The battle starts now. Having mixed feelings. Hopefully the battle won't last long. :/

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Mrs.S said:
I chose another lawyer, if you want his info let me know. He was recommended to me by a family friend and he seems really good from my experience with him so far, he gets everything done on time and his fee is reasonably. He charged me $3000 to do my case. Look into as many different lawyers as possible for you, choose one that knows what they are doing, shows interest in your case and you feel comfortable with.
It is really tough decision to hire a right lawyer. Consider following:-
1. Previous track records dealing similar cases
2. Reference from your known people
3. Accessibility and cost
4. Consult with some lawyers and justify

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
npunite said:
My husband filed the appeal today. The battle starts now. Having mixed feelings. Hopefully the battle won't last long. :/
That would depend if you get an ADR. It will also depend where you case will be heard. It will also depend where your file is re-processed, if successful.

Fasten your seatbelt !

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
npunite said:

My advice to you is try to always remain optimistic through this time, I know it can be difficult but never let your feelings get the better of you.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
My husband and I would agree with all of you...
the VO's have their agenda. One interview is positive and two hours later negative and yes insulting and condescending.
Am signing appeal papers Monday. Hope everybody digs a little deeper and comes out on top!
Mine would be thru Van.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
MaryL said:
My husband and I would agree with all of you...
the VO's have their agenda. One interview is positive and two hours later negative and yes insulting and condescending.
Am signing appeal papers Monday. Hope everybody digs a little deeper and comes out on top!
Mine would be thru Van.

Good news it is pretty fast in Van. My experience:

1) Interview and refusal Dec 16, 2014
2) Appealed Dec 29, 2014
3) Received Blue Book Mar 18, 2015
4) Jun 12, 2015: Received notification of ADR date for Aug 10, 2015

So total of about 8 months to get ADR from date of refusal.