+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

hoaphuong2013

Star Member
May 22, 2015
SenoritaBella said:
Choosing a lawyer is like an interview process. Read their profiles, cases they have handled, etc. Contact some of them, ask if they offer free consultations. If they don't, ask how much 1 hour costs and go in prepared with questions about your case, what their process is, the fees, etc. Once you get this info, make your choice. You will be paying for their legal advice, so you have a choice in who you retain to represent you. I would not worry about who does the work - chances are, a staff member does the paperwork (as directed by the lawyer) but the lawyer goes over it I imagine. Make sure you ask and confirm the lawyer will argue the case before the ADR team.

This is how we retained a lawyer for our sponsorship. Goodluck!
Very good advice. Thanks senoritabella. It seems like most lawyers charge consultation fee, so I want to narrow my search to 2 for consultation. Then I will pick one of them unless none of them shows they care much for their client. From the list of the recommended lawyers from the posts, I lean toward hiring Mario Bellissimo, however, he's such a busy guy with media, books... I'm afraid he does not have much time for the cases. Anyone who has used him. Please send me a note. I really appreciate it. I also want to check out mathew Jeffery. I have not talked to none of them, just made decision from recomendation from some posts in this thread as well as reading their profiles. If anyone has had experiences with these 2 lawyers, please let me know or send me a pm of your lawyer. Thank you so much everyone.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
NOV 2014 DENIED...FILED APPEAL JAN 2015....HEARING IN JULY 2017
LANDED..........
Waiting
Thank you so much ezez0624, very helpful information.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
hoaphuong2013 said:
Very good advice. Thanks senoritabella. It seems like most lawyers charge consultation fee, so I want to narrow my search to 2 for consultation. Then I will pick one of them unless none of them shows they care much for their client. From the list of the recommended lawyers from the posts, I lean toward hiring Mario Bellissimo, however, he's such a busy guy with media, books... I'm afraid he does not have much time for the cases. Anyone who has used him. Please send me a note. I really appreciate it. I also want to check out mathew Jeffery. I have not talked to none of them, just made decision from recomendation from some posts in this thread as well as reading their profiles. If anyone has had experiences with these 2 lawyers, please let me know or send me a pm of your lawyer. Thank you so much everyone.
I had emailed Matthew Jeffery before and he said he charges $150 for consultation fee and $5000 to do a case, also he told me that the ADR process will take 1 year.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
hoaphuong2013 said:
I chose another lawyer, if you want his info let me know. He was recommended to me by a family friend and he seems really good from my experience with him so far, he gets everything done on time and his fee is reasonably. He charged me $3000 to do my case. Look into as many different lawyers as possible for you, choose one that knows what they are doing, shows interest in your case and you feel comfortable with.

npunite

Jun 10, 2015
Hi everyone,
I'd appreciate if anyone would help me to resolve my case at the moment.. SO i am in Australia in a student visa and my partner is canadian.. our visa processing office is in Sydney (or should i say was in Sydney). We got married last year in June 2014… We had a legal marriage but did not have any ceremonies conducted as his parents were back in Canada and mine back home and it was just my friends who attended the legal wedding. We registered our marriage because we could't wait long to be together. However, we had already planned our ceremonies to be conducted culturally this year in Dec back at home. SO wat happened is, i got my refusal letter on 14th of May last month. The reason for refusal was that they assumed our legal marriage was conducted primarily for the purpose to gain the status and also mentioned that since no ceremonies were conducted the paper marriage could be easily dissolved.. WE don't know what to do.. Should we appeal or reapply after we have our ceremonies. Please HELP!!!!!

hoaphuong2013

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Mrs.S said:
I chose another lawyer, if you want his info let me know. He was recommended to me by a family friend and he seems really good from my experience with him so far, he gets everything done on time and his fee is reasonably. He charged me $3000 to do my case. Look into as many different lawyers as possible for you, choose one that knows what they are doing, shows interest in your case and you feel comfortable with.
3000 for ADR ? Or for the case. Could you please inbox me the lawyer name. Does he charge consultation fee ? Thank you so much mrs S

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
hoaphuong2013 said:
3000 for ADR ? Or for the case. Could you please inbox me the lawyer name. Does he charge consultation fee ? Thank you so much mrs S
Yes he charges a consultation fee but if you retain him, it will be included in the overall fee that he charges to do a case.
I sent you my lawyer info in your inbox.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
npunite said:
Hi everyone,
I'd appreciate if anyone would help me to resolve my case at the moment.. SO i am in Australia in a student visa and my partner is canadian.. our visa processing office is in Sydney (or should i say was in Sydney). We got married last year in June 2014... We had a legal marriage but did not have any ceremonies conducted as his parents were back in Canada and mine back home and it was just my friends who attended the legal wedding. We registered our marriage because we could't wait long to be together. However, we had already planned our ceremonies to be conducted culturally this year in Dec back at home. SO wat happened is, i got my refusal letter on 14th of May last month. The reason for refusal was that they assumed our legal marriage was conducted primarily for the purpose to gain the status and also mentioned that since no ceremonies were conducted the paper marriage could be easily dissolved.. WE don't know what to do.. Should we appeal or reapply after we have our ceremonies. Please HELP!!!!!
In my opinion you should appeal because you know that your marriage is real. Have your ceremony and submit that proof to them for the appeal. When you appeal you will have the chance to explain to them why you didn't have a ceremony at that time that you got married. If you reapplied they might want to deny you on the grounds of why you didn't appeal the other decision. They might say that you just did the ceremony to get the visa. You have to prove to them that you have a genuine marriage, provide as much proof as possible about your relationship before the marriage and show them that your relationship is still going strong after the marriage and their decision to refuse you the visa.

npunite

Jun 10, 2015
Mrs.S said:
In my opinion you should appeal because you know that your marriage is real. Have your ceremony and submit that proof to them for the appeal. When you appeal you will have the chance to explain to them why you didn't have a ceremony at that time that you got married. If you reapplied they might want to deny you on the grounds of why you didn't appeal the other decision. They might say that you just did the ceremony to get the visa. You have to prove to them that you have a genuine marriage, provide as much proof as possible about your relationship before the marriage and show them that your relationship is still going strong after the marriage and their decision to refuse you the visa.

Thank you Mrs s
So say, if we appeal.. Then when do we request for the ADR? Because if we request for the ADR now, what if they provide an early date for ADR that is before this december. That way we won't have sufficient proof to prove our marriage. Thats y, Which month would be the best to request for an ADR?

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
npunite said:
Thank you Mrs s
So say, if we appeal.. Then when do we request for the ADR? Because if we request for the ADR now, what if they provide an early date for ADR that is before this december. That way we won't have sufficient proof to prove our marriage. Thats y, Which month would be the best to request for an ADR?
You have a short time to apply for appeal. From the day you receive the refusal letter you have within 30 days to appeal. It takes a while to actually get an ADR date.

When you appeal, they send you a letter acknowledging that they receive your form for the appeal, then they send for your file from the visa office that is handling your case, they give the visa office 120 days to send the file (blue book) when you have that, if you take a lawyer, your lawyer will request a date for ADR and then you have to wait a while again and they will contact you with a date for ADR which will be about 3 months ahead of time.

Let me give you an example of the time this all takes,

I received the rejection letter in mid January this year
I filed the appeal in late January
Received the blue book in April
Requested ADR in beginning of May
Now I'm waiting to get a letter about the ADR date.

So its 6 months already for me.

I think you should be fine with the ceremony. I don't think you will get ADR date before the ceremony.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
npunite,

You said you received your refusal letter on May 14th, so your 30 days will be up very soon. I suggest you get in contact immediately with an immigration consultant or lawyer to go over your case in detail to see if you have a good chance at ADR. They will know exactly what you should do.

npunite

Jun 10, 2015
Mrs.S said:
npunite,

You said you received your refusal letter on May 14th, so your 30 days will be up very soon. I suggest you get in contact immediately with an immigration consultant or lawyer to go over your case in detail to see if you have a good chance at ADR. They will know exactly what you should do.
Yes, my partner is requesting for an appeal today.. We were keeping the appeal request on hold because we wanted to gather more and more info and then make a decision.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
npunite said:
Yes, my partner is requesting for an appeal today.. We were keeping the appeal request on hold because we wanted to gather more and more info and then make a decision.
Ok, that's good. You have some time now to decide if you can handle the appeal process yourself or take a lawyer to help you and guide you through

npunite

Jun 10, 2015
Mrs.S said:
Ok, that's good. You have some time now to decide if you can handle the appeal process yourself or take a lawyer to help you and guide you through
Can i ask you a question?In your case, On what ground was the applicant rejected??
and what are the possibilities of getting through with the ADR. Like my case...would they send it to ADR or call for a full hearing? What do you think?

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
npunite said:
Can i ask you a question?In your case, On what ground was the applicant rejected??
and what are the possibilities of getting through with the ADR. Like my case...would they send it to ADR or call for a full hearing? What do you think?
Mine was rejected because they said the marriage was not genuine and that my spouse only wanted status in Canada.Your case doesn't seem complicated so you will hopefully get ADR. Only cases that they think are really complicated they send to full hearing.