+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

hoaphuong2013

Star Member
May 22, 2015
It's me again with another question. We have 30 days to file the appeal, does it count from the day the mail arrive at my house or the day they issued the rejection letter ? thanks everyone.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
NOV 2014 DENIED...FILED APPEAL JAN 2015....HEARING IN JULY 2017
LANDED..........
Waiting
hoaphuong2013 said:
It's me again with another question. We have 30 days to file the appeal, does it count from the day the mail arrive at my house or the day they issued the rejection letter ? thanks everyone.
It counts from the day it arrives at your house.
I think there is a part of the form that you have to fill in the date you received it.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
hoaphuong2013 said:
Try to fill out the form and mail it out as soon as you receive it because the appeal process takes time. The sooner you do things the better. After you mail in the appeal form you can have time to think if you will take a lawyer or not.

jassi235

Mar 11, 2015
can anyone tell me after you pass your adr hearing how long dose it take to complete the process? getting passport with visa? we have an adr in august and she has to do her medical and police clearance over again, can we do our medical and police clearance before they even ask so we can move thing a little faster? please anyone help :'(

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
jassi235 said:
can anyone tell me after you pass your adr hearing how long dose it take to complete the process? getting passport with visa? we have an adr in august and she has to do her medical and police clearance over again, can we do our medical and police clearance before they even ask so we can move thing a little faster? please anyone help :'(
It depends on your visa office. Some have a longer processing time than others. I would suggest waiting until they ask you to redo medical and police clearance because they expire in a short amount of time. It would just be a waste of time and money if you did it and had to do it all over again.

jassi235

Mar 11, 2015
Mrs.S said:
It depends on your visa office. Some have a longer processing time than others. I would suggest waiting until they ask you to redo medical and police clearance because they expire in a short amount of time.
my visa office would be Mississauga in Canada and new delhi in india ,what im just trying to find out is once I clear my adr here in Toronto how long would it take for my wifes visa? and thank you so much for your reply back :D ill wait till they ask for pc and med, thanks once again

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
jassi235 said:
my visa office would be Mississauga in Canada and new delhi in india ,what im just trying to find out is once I clear my adr here in Toronto how long would it take for my wifes visa? and thank you so much for your reply back :D ill wait till they ask for pc and med, thanks once again
The offices I am dealing with are Mississauga and Port of Spain.

I'm not sure, as I said before it depends on your visa office and it varies from one office to another. What I would suggest to you is to go through this forum from the beginning and you will find people that have gone through the New Delhi office, you can see their timeline and it will give you an idea as to how long you have to wait to get the visa in the passport after ADR.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
ANYONE WHO HAS ADR COMING UP SOON, CAN YOU PLEASE POST YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUESTIONS THEY ASKED WHEN YOUR ADR IS FINISHED. THAT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL TO OTHERS HERE. I WILL DO THEY SAME WHEN MY TIME COMES.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
pastisse said:
hello i need help i got a refused spouse visa what can i do & how much time the appeal take & if we need a lawyer they said i am inadmissible
Can't send you a PM... your inbox is full !!!

hoaphuong2013

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi everyone, I have no experience with choosing the right lawyer and the search of the lawyers have given me so much headache. Does anyone have any experience hiring the lawyers from those big law firm like Cecil Rotenberg, Bellissimo ... I know they have multiple lawyers there, are we able to choose the one we want like going to the clinic, we can pick the doctor we want ? If I pick a high reputation lawyer like Cecil rotenberg , does he handle my case or he will pass it to one of his staff ? Since he is quite popular, will he be too busy handling other cases and might not take my case seriously. I'm debating whether i should Go with individual lawyer like Mary keyork or go with those big law firm. My husband and i have been on this migration process for more than 4 years already, i can not loose this case, and I really want to make sure I don't make any mistake :(. I really appreciate our thoughts and input. Thanks.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Choosing a lawyer is like an interview process. Read their profiles, cases they have handled, etc. Contact some of them, ask if they offer free consultations. If they don't, ask how much 1 hour costs and go in prepared with questions about your case, what their process is, the fees, etc. Once you get this info, make your choice. You will be paying for their legal advice, so you have a choice in who you retain to represent you. I would not worry about who does the work - chances are, a staff member does the paperwork (as directed by the lawyer) but the lawyer goes over it I imagine. Make sure you ask and confirm the lawyer will argue the case before the ADR team.

This is how we retained a lawyer for our sponsorship. Goodluck!

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
asadtoronto said:
Hi,

I am wondering that If we apply for ADR from Toronto then what will be average time to ADR date.
Thx
From the time you appeal to the ADR date its an average of 8 months time.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
pastisse said:
hello i need help i got a refused spouse visa what can i do & how much time the appeal take & if we need a lawyer they said i am inadmissible
PASTISSE....
PASTISSE...
PASTISSE...
I told you yesterday on this thread that your inbox is FULL.... can't PM you !!!

ezez0624

Apr 25, 2015
Mrs.S said:
ANYONE WHO HAS ADR COMING UP SOON, CAN YOU PLEASE POST YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUESTIONS THEY ASKED WHEN YOUR ADR IS FINISHED. THAT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL TO OTHERS HERE. I WILL DO THEY SAME WHEN MY TIME COMES.
Hi Mrs. S,

I have ADR booked end of July and these are some hints I found helpful from people who won ADR. They say questions are similar to those in VO interview such as how did you meet etc. plus any plans if appeal fails.. thing like that. I will post my experience (hopefully) after I win too.

Quote 1

Re: WON ADR TODAY...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 01:43:22 pm »

Hello Guys,

Was a little busy before.

The session was suppose to have lasted an hour but it was about 40 mins. Very formal, reminds me of my yearly review at my work. Was sort of like a conference table. Me, my lawyer, the immigration lawyer (act as a mediator) and the immigration officer. As per my lawyer I had one of the most difficult immigration officer and no one ever wants to get her.

Anyways we went in and the immigration lawyer explained the process etc.
The immigration officer then started to question me about myself etc.
She questioned me about my ex-husband, why the marriage ended, was he canadian born, whats our relationship like.
She questioned me about my son from my other marriage( his name, age, does he go to daycare, relationship between him and his father)

Then the questions came about my husband.
How did we meet, Who introduced us, When did we meet and where, When did I start to fall in love with him, Why did I fall in love with him, Describe how I felt when we had our first meeting, who proposed marriage, don't I think it was too fast, don't I think he just wanted to marry me to come to canada, do I believe that he loves me, My husbands family are all here in Canada and the US so she said it seems that he just want to come and be with them and not to really to be with me. (don't worry I was prepared for that question) When and where was our unborn child was conceived, Did we plan the pregnancy or was it an accident, do I want to have his children, Tell her about his first marriage, how long it lasted, when was he divorced, how come they are divorced, did she ever sponsor him (never). Did I know about his past with canadian immigration issues where he claimed for refugee status and was refused (the answer was yes and he told me from the get go). Do I know his relatives in Canada, Since when, why did they not come to our wedding. (our wedding was done in Florida and we only had one witness, very formal, nothing big, just at the court house, to total up our family members and friends it would be over 3 hundred and it would have been impossible to invite anyone), did we go on a honeymoon. where did we stay, How often do we speak, what are our means of conversation, how often do we see each other(she wanted specific dates and where we stayed). When did I introduced my son to him, how is he with my son, whats the relationship like.

What happen at the interview, why did they refused him, how did we both reacted, what did we do after that. If this ADR was not successful what would I do.

Well she did drill me but professionally, she was calm, I was calm but crying throughout the entire process however still answering the question precisely. My dates were accurate, so were all the events (remember she has all this information in the file that was already given to the office 10 days before).

She then asked me if I had any questions and I said no, but my lawyer said that he did. He asked if she believed his client and her answer was. yes every word, its just my husbands credibility that she has issues with. He then said that if she believes me then she believes that the unborn child that I am carrying is his and she should take that into consideration when making her decision.

She then left the room with the immigration lawyer for a about 10 mins. upon her return she looked at me and said that the evidence in the file and my interview today convinced her that this was a bona fide marriage in spite of my husbands immigration history. She believes he loves me and wants to be with me and not just to come to canada. So she will grant the appeal. ( I busted out crying again, I was shaking, my lawyer was emotional as well..lol). She asked us to leave the room so that she may draft up the document for both my lawyer and I to sign which will then require approval.

The document we signed was about the interview and her recommendation, she also included a very important point for when the file goes back to the same office but different officer to be processed. it was regarding his history and that no pardon will be required on his part. My lawyer said that's very good because they could have refused us again on those grounds. In 10 day I will be getting a letter from them and the file will be sent back to the office to be processed.

Once I get the letter, my lawyer will be faxing it along with his letter explaining the situation to the CIC office and request a rush in getting the visa. In the mean time my husband will be redoing his medical and police clearance so that we may forward it to them before he request it.

Hope this was helpful and I will keep you all posted on any news.

C

Quote 2

Re: We won our ADR!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 01:27:22 pm »

ADR - Alternate Dispute Resolution. If your spouse has been turned down for their PR ( outland) you can request an ADR instead of going to a full hearing and if immigration things the matter can be resloved without a full court hearing you will be granted one.

OK Guys as promised here is how the interview played out. Please forgive me, but I really can not remember all the questions.

Met the 2 ladies who did my interview. I really can't remember their names, it was all a blur.
Was told the whole song and dance about I was granted this meeting as an alternate to going to full hearing and that if it was not successful, that in would in no way impact my rights to a full hearing. That nothing said in this hearing would be formally recorded or used in future hearings. Also, that after we talk, I would be asked to leave the room while they discussed my answers and make a decision. I would then be asked to come back in and they would give me their decision.

I was asked, not necessarlly in this order:
- how we met, who else did my husband talk with online, what kind of site was it. ( I think they were trying to ask if it was a dating site, but never came out and said that)
-How did our relationship develope from being friends to more. When did I first start having feelings for him, when did he say he had them for me,who said I love you first, when did we start talking marriage, who asked who to marry,
-why did my previous marriage end, has my husband ever been married before, why did I think he had never married before,what does his family think about the fact that I was divorced,
-What religion is he, what religion am I, what does his family think about him marrying a non Muslim, what does my family thing about me marrying a Muslim. Do you plan on having children,how many,what religion will they be raised with.
-why did you decide to marry fo fast after your 1st meeting.Why didn't you plan your wedding for a later time.
- How many brothers and sisters does he have, how many in my family.Have I met all his family.
-what does his family think of him coming to Canada.
-Why choose to come to Canada
-what are our plans for the future in Canada
-what will we do if he is denided his visa to Canada.
-How do you know you love him/he loves you. Could he be just trying to get into Canada/using me.

I know it looks like a lot, and I know there were some other questions I can't remember, but it only took about 1/2 hour. They asked me if I had any questions and if I would mind stepping out for a few minutes. It only took them 10 minutes at the most ( it felts like hours to me) and they asked me to come back in. I sat down and the minister's council said she had no doubt that if this went to court that we would win so she was overturning the IO decision and granting us the appeal. They then typed the letter right there in front of me, printed a copy, asked me to read it and sign it. Whole process from start to finish was about 45 minutes - including a little chat about shopping and the West Edmonton mall.

If I think of anthing else I will add. I hope this helps many of you.