February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
hhassa said:
You should call them again and ask for case officer number. I was given case officer number right away. Tell them you want to discuss few things with the case officer. If you have received your blue book case officer should be able to let you know what are your chances of getting ADR/full hearing. What is the name of your case officer?
Hi HHassa. Thanks for your help. I will try again. My case officer name Corinne Leroux. I believe it's a female officer. Who was your case officer's name? Was it female or male?

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
I know my case worker at IAD is a rather unpleasant Frenchman :/ I've spoken to him a few times prior to getting my book I'll give him a call next week myself I'm hoping for ADR my wife has a few strikes against her and there are a few absurd things they focused on in the blue book but nothing Illegal so here's hoping

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
Talon59 said:
I know my case worker at IAD is a rather unpleasant Frenchman :/ I've spoken to him a few times prior to getting my book I'll give him a call next week myself I'm hoping for ADR my wife has a few strikes against her and there are a few absurd things they focused on in the blue book but nothing Illegal so here's hoping
What is your case officer's name?

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
Hey all,

TGIF! :p I hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend!

Just some questions for anyone who has done the ADR alone/or knows the answer of course! hehe

I am doing my ADR alone. So I am preparing all my own documents. I have done lots of reading and I should be including a cover letter.. Does anyone have an idea of what this cover letter should have in it, how it should be formatted, examples, etc?

Also I have family, friends, my boss, and a letter from my uncle who owns a business that will be employing my husband when he arrives writing me a letter in support. Will these need to be notarized, or can they just be sent in with my ADR documents (boarding passes/itinieries, pictures, phone records, money transfer receipts since sponsorship and refusal).

My mother in law has also written a letter in regards to her approval of our marriage and so on.. However that will be in Spanish. I am assuming this will need to be translated, but just would like some clarification. :)

Siva

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Hi I just wanted to know for your husband's employment letter what kind of information did you provide because I got an employment letter for my husband upon arrival that how many hours , job description and pay. Is that information enough or do I need to provide more details. Thanks

MrsTrejo said:
Hey all,

TGIF! :p I hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend!

Just some questions for anyone who has done the ADR alone/or knows the answer of course! hehe

I am doing my ADR alone. So I am preparing all my own documents. I have done lots of reading and I should be including a cover letter.. Does anyone have an idea of what this cover letter should have in it, how it should be formatted, examples, etc?

Also I have family, friends, my boss, and a letter from my uncle who owns a business that will be employing my husband when he arrives writing me a letter in support. Will these need to be notarized, or can they just be sent in with my ADR documents (boarding passes/itinieries, pictures, phone records, money transfer receipts since sponsorship and refusal).

My mother in law has also written a letter in regards to her approval of our marriage and so on.. However that will be in Spanish. I am assuming this will need to be translated, but just would like some clarification. :)

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
Siva said:
Hi I just wanted to know for your husband's employment letter what kind of information did you provide because I got an employment letter for my husband upon arrival that how many hours , job description and pay. Is that information enough or do I need to provide more details. Thanks
For my husband when I sponsored him, he had to leave his job. He wasn't able to work in his profession anymore (he was a professor). He had to request a letter of dismissal from the Minster of Education. So I did not have to provide any other information.

kceCanuck

Nov 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aroundwrd99 said:
Hi,

Can you please tell me - How long it took you to get the Blue book after submitting form for the Appeal? I applied this month.
Took 6months for blue book to arrive and another 2months for the call to book ADR. I was told by two consultants not to call them as you could find yourself at the bottom of the list.

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
From submitting appeal letter until receipt of blue book 136 days received notice from Toronto that they had received my appeal application Mailed it in March 20 xpress post April 1 received notice saying I would receive it in 90 days but upon calling IAD was informed the wait date was ate 120 days from letter at 122 days I called IAD they forwarded me to 3 party who is responsible for distributing the files from CBSA to IAD etc I don't remember the company name off hand but they informed me that they had just mailed it to IAD that morning I may have gotten it a bit sooner but a civic holiday got in the way.

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Does anyone know the answers to the following:

1. What happens if one's appeal is denied? I have heard that we cannot apply again for at least two years. Is this correct? Has anyone been through this? And has anyone here applied again?

In this event, we are thinking of moving to UAE to be together but I wonder how that will affect a new application from my husband for PR Status.

2. What happens after if the appeal is upheld? My understanding is that his application goes back into the process of being considered for permanent residence status. My husband has submitted his medicals and his criminal record check. Does he have to do these again?

I know I am getting ahead of myself and likely I should just wait the 6 weeks and hope that we get a decision in the expected time line given to us by the appeal court....but it is hard not to think about these things.

Peach

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
If anyone is doing their own appeal or wants to look up recent legal precedents, use this website:

https://www.canlii.org/en/index.html

You can search for appeal court decisions in each province.

Peach

M

mikeymyke

Canlii has, and always will be, an excellent source of information for all applicants, whether they've been refused, or haven't sent in their application yet. People can look up their country of origin, and see what red flags officers are looking for.

kceCanuck

Nov 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kceCanuck said:
Got the call... First fast thing in this whole process. So bluebook end of may... Got the ADR letter August 1 and they called our consultant aug 8 at which time the consultant booked our ADR for the middle of September (she didn't send the date and time or where cuz she's waiting on the confirmation fax... Likely Monday)

Flying home sept 2.
Still no date from the consultant... Can I phone and book myself or does the consultant have to do that ? ?

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
our case is a typical appeal case..age difference, different culture, different language, marriage on first visit. its been 8 weeks since the interview and on wed. it will be exactly 2 months and still our ecas shows application received and no news from the immigration. The VO knew i will be going to visit my husband in a week ...i have no idea why they cant just give us an answer either way. this waiting in suspense is so hard. opening the email every morning with knots in my stomach. i worry we will have to go to appeal..but why can they not tell us early on. what is the average waiting time for a negative decision for people on this thread?

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
my Case was though sinapore while the interviewer said in the interview my wife would know in 2 weeks (I have it in the transcript of the interview) Interview Nov 25 2013 denied PR decision Feb 11 and notification of decision arrived Feb 25

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Talon59 said:
my Case was though sinapore while the interviewer said in the interview my wife would know in 2 weeks (I have it in the transcript of the interview) Interview Nov 25 2013 denied PR decision Feb 11 and notification of decision arrived Feb 25
Thanks Talon..sorry to hear that your pr was refused ...oh so it took them 3 months to let you know...that almost cruel...really i wish you good luck with the appeal. so i guess we may have to wait another month and still get a no. oh god this is so nerve wrecking.