+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

bluecamas

Feb 13, 2012
We are doing plan B. I am going to relocate to my husband's country, India. We went through the terrible process of spouse sponsorship. The rules and web pages do not advise the cruelty, invasive process, bias, racism and the many other painful and shocking aspect of sponsoring a spouse to Canada.
I am a born in Canada citizen and I am still coping with the shock of this terrible system and process. Take a look at the stats on marriage in Canada. Immigration reflects our now Canada society and it is not a mindset of marriage values. It's a nightmare for couples to be separated for months into years. I know the pain of all of you who have endured this for I have too. It's been a bizarre, insane experience. I believed Canada to be a free country.I found out just how racist Canada is too.( I am not Indian)
Currently about 1 in 10 born in Canada citizens live abroad. Good luck to all of those who choose to battle. Some like me and my hubby refuse to battle and make other choices to leave. I am excited to be going to another country and to reunite with my husband. India has much stronger family values then Canada. I joined some expat clubs and forums. These people are having great lives.
My husband and I have known each other 10 years and have a wonderful marriage. I hear the nightmare stories and know some personally. A Canadian man lives in China. Marries a woman and they have a child. His wife can not come into the country because they ruled the marriage "not genuine" ! Who on the outside can judge whether a marriage is genuine or not? No one. Yet couples get deemed all the time as guilty of something not done. It's a witch hunt process. I wished I have known all of this before we went through the process.
Good luck to all who decide to battle. I hope you find Canada is worth it. You have to go through a lot to even get married due to the laws here. Then have a lot to do in getting reunited and endure the pain and unnatural state of being apart from your spouse. That is love and that is a loyalty rarely found in most marriage made in Canada now a days. The battle is really about Canada life and is it worth it? It isn't for hubby and I. I went to an IAD meeting with letters from friends and family on both sides. I submitted evidence on how my husband not here affects all aspect of my life here. They said go to appeal and in saying that, said we do not care one bit about you or any part of your life or those around you. Then also have the arrogance to believe they know my marriage and husband better then me!
Pierre Trudeau once said. The government has no business in the bedrooms of it's nation. This is no less true today. They did the media stuff about marriage fraud. For the ones that came here on spouse sponsorship and sponsored another spouse in soon after this is a failure of the government. Because they failed spouses are kept apart while they do this totally bizarre assessments on genuine marriages?
When you marry someone from another country be prepared it is a 50 50 thing. Which country to live in. This world has 7 billion people in it with Canada's tiny part only 35 million. Lots of people do have happy and good lives outside of Canada. Was Canada life worth fighting for, for us? No. There is a whole wide wonderful world out there outside of Canada!

Reactions: Alicee

in process

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
25th april 2012
Med's Done....
10th sep 2012
Passport Req..
20th may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7th june 2013
LANDED..........
END OF JUNE
totally agree with you bluecamas

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Afer winning my appeal here in toronto, I am thinking of waiting out the remainder of this process with my partner in a 3rd country. I dont want to mess it up as I have been waiting 3 1/2 years since first applying to bring him here. One would think it is not a problem to just give them what they need at the Canadian Embassy (Spain)

I just cant cope with being apart from my Mexican guy any longer.......any thoughts ?

in process

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
25th april 2012
Med's Done....
10th sep 2012
Passport Req..
20th may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7th june 2013
LANDED..........
END OF JUNE
gsize said:
Afer winning my appeal here in toronto, I am thinking of waiting out the remainder of this process with my partner in a 3rd country. I dont want to mess it up as I have been waiting 3 1/2 years since first applying to bring him here. One would think it is not a problem to just give them what they need at the Canadian Embassy (Spain)

I just cant cope with being apart from my Mexican guy any longer.......any thoughts ?
where is your file rightnow. in ottawa or spain?

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
in process said:
where is your file rightnow. in ottawa or spain?
My file in in Mexico.

I was told it would be processed in Ottawa and it would be 'fast tracked' but my MP says it is being processed in Mexico (I am Canadian and my partner is Mexican) He cant come here and Im too frightened to travel to Mexico. Thats why im thinking of Spain (I have family there so the cost would be minimal). I read so many horrible stories, and I dont want to mess it up. any suggestions ? with thanks !

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
gsize said:

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor from anywhere, so it would be OK to go to Spain to be with him. If the visa officer feels you are now living in Spain, he/she will then want proof you will move back to Canada. To avoid this problem, I would characterize your stay in Spain as a long vacation. Keep your ties to Canada. The dividing line between being out of Canada as a tourist or visitor, and being out of Canada because you are living somewhere else is a hazy one. A couple of months is a vacation; even 6 months should not be a problem, especially if you are a long-time resident of Canada and still have ties there. A year, and the visa officer will probably ask for proof of your return.

Reactions: Alicee

blessings

Sep 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
27-01-2011
Med's Request
Updated Doc. plus Children pic sent on March 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
18-Sep-2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
hi

One of my friend got refusal letter in October 2012. she is Canadian citizen. living in pakistan with her husband. in her sponsorship questionnaire she wrote that she will travel back to Canada in sep 2012. in september she did not go. she then sent VO copies of purchased tickets (tickets dates april 2013). also she sent cover letter stating that she has postpoded her program because winter is very harsh in Canada and she can not live there alone with her two children there.

VO has now rejected the case saying that she has no intentions to go back to Canada.

now she knows that mistake and mistakes have been done. now she does not want to make it disaster.

Appeal has already been done
she is now making her ticktes changed to December 2012.
Applying for her 8 months old son's passport.
Getting rental agreement from family friends in canada
Getting confirm job letter from family friend in canada.
Making covering letter addressing all above intentions and sending to appeal officer and also to VO.

please guide if anything else could be done to satisfy the VO. and what are the chances to satisfy the appeal officer. also how much time would it take for appeal to get decided. and case re-opening.

thankx in advance.

Best Regards

Blessing

~*Dani*~

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 6,2012
Doc's Request.
August 16th,2012
AOR Received.
June 20th,2012
Med's Done....
February 17,2012
Interview........
October 18th,2012
Passport Req..
refused........... :(
VISA ISSUED...
so sad
LANDED..........
so upset and sad.
tell me what ADR and full set hearing if you successfully appealed the case to IAD?

I retained a Immigration Lawyer recently in Saskatoon to appeal the case. I am very curious about what it is like.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
~*Dani*~ said:
tell me what ADR and full set hearing if you successfully appealed the case to IAD?

I retained a Immigration Lawyer recently in Saskatoon to appeal the case. I am very curious about what it is like.
So, what did your lawyer say about your case? Is it hopeful?

flol

Nov 5, 2012
I married my husband in September 2011, and we applied for him to come to Canada in October 2011. We were pretty naive about the whole thing and did all the paperwork ourselves believing that honesty and right was on our side, and never thinking for one minute it would be denied.

In June 2012 we found out we were denied based on a ten minute interview with my husband. The interview was in English, which isn't his first language, and I don't feel like the questions he was asked were fair or reasonable. They said they did not believe our relationship was genuine. I am somewhat older then him, but that is just in age not maturity. He is more of an older sole and I'm a younger one and we meet in the middle. I suppose that is the red flag for them, but it is not fair since they have not met me or seen us together. We are truly in love and honestly don't care if we live here or in his country, but the reality is there is more opportunities for us here. He is from the Dominican Republic, and I would have a very hard time getting a job there, where as he could more then likely get a job here and I make five times what he does there.

We have hired a lawyer and filed our appeal. It has been 4 months since we filed the appeal and we still have not received notice of an appeal hearing or otherwise. The lawyer did request the notes from the visa office. Our appeal hearing will be held in Vancouver. When should we expect to hear about a date? How long after that can we expect to actually have a hearing?

I am really happy I found this forum as this process is becoming harder and harder. We are not about to give up entirely, but we have talked about me just pulling up stakes and moving there. I would lose a lot financially to do that, but if the appeal is denied we will do it. It doesn't seem fair.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I'm sorry to hear about your failed application. It can take more than a year for an appeal to be heard. With any luck, you will get an ADR, which will be scheduled more quickly - though not really quickly, unfortunately.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
flol said:
I married my husband in September 2011, and we applied for him to come to Canada in October 2011. We were pretty naive about the whole thing and did all the paperwork ourselves believing that honesty and right was on our side, and never thinking for one minute it would be denied.

In June 2012 we found out we were denied based on a ten minute interview with my husband. The interview was in English, which isn't his first language, and I don't feel like the questions he was asked were fair or reasonable. They said they did not believe our relationship was genuine. I am somewhat older then him, but that is just in age not maturity. He is more of an older sole and I'm a younger one and we meet in the middle. I suppose that is the red flag for them, but it is not fair since they have not met me or seen us together. We are truly in love and honestly don't care if we live here or in his country, but the reality is there is more opportunities for us here. He is from the Dominican Republic, and I would have a very hard time getting a job there, where as he could more then likely get a job here and I make five times what he does there.

We have hired a lawyer and filed our appeal. It has been 4 months since we filed the appeal and we still have not received notice of an appeal hearing or otherwise. The lawyer did request the notes from the visa office. Our appeal hearing will be held in Vancouver. When should we expect to hear about a date? How long after that can we expect to actually have a hearing?

I am really happy I found this forum as this process is becoming harder and harder. We are not about to give up entirely, but we have talked about me just pulling up stakes and moving there. I would lose a lot financially to do that, but if the appeal is denied we will do it. It doesn't seem fair.
I am truly sorry for what you are going through as we went through an appeal. Our notice of appeal was received the first week of January 2012 and in April we got the news that our full hearing would take place in June 2012 in Vancouver. So, I am hoping you will receive some news soon! By the way, we won the appeal... we got informed of the happy news one month after the full hearing. Be strong! This nightmare will end for sure.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
I also recommend you attend a full hearing regarding the same matter as yours. My immigration consultant brought me to one in March and it was SO informative. I learned so much from it and what to expect. It prepared me mentally and psychologically.

LOVEHURTS

Sep 1, 2012
khtaana said:
A.A Every1.
I am new to this thread but here is my timeline.
Oct 2008 Became PR
Jan 2011 Left for Pakistan and got Married
Mar 18 returned Canada
Apr 2011 Initially applied to CPC-Missisauga
May 2011 File transfered to ISD
Nov 2011 Left for Pakistan for giving my MBA final exams and visiting my wife.
Mar 2012 recieved call from Visa Officer on Wife's No. while I was on a visit to Pakistan requesting Police Clearance etc.
Apr 2012 provided VO @ ISD with Police Cert., updated forms, proof of my redience and my PP's Copies etc as requested by him.

May 10th 2012 returned to canada
May 2012 Decision made appeared on website and got excited, but it was start of a nightmare only
Jun 2012 Got refusal letter stating 'Since I believe Sponsor does not reside in Canada and he did not do so when he filed the application till the day decision is made. Specifically from Nov 2011 till present i.e. 20 May 2012'

Jul 2012 filed an appeal
Aug 2012 IAD asked to submit a copy of proofs to Border Agency as well.

Aug 14th 2012 re- submitted all proofs to IAD & Border Agency.

I am a PR but having 950 days of physical presence on Canadian Soil as compared to 730 days required in 5 years.

Just on basis of a phone call and my MBA reason the rascal assumed I am faking my residency in Canada. Luckily I had appeared as a witness in Court in Saskatoon early apr 2011, plus mean while I have been on E-I and visiting Service Canada for different programs early 2011. Worked in Construction and took all payments on Cheques for a Commercail contract throughout 2011. Appeared for Road tests 5 times and passed in 5th Attempt in year 2011. Plus even in my absence from Canada I have been paying insurance on my 2 vehicles regularly as I initially planned just 2 months off which delayed coz of wife's health which ended in a Miss-Carriage. These all proofs deny Visa Officer's 1st accusation that i did not live in canada when i Applied. But still I stayed almost 5 mnths and 3 weeks away from Canada due to my pregnant and severly ill wife. Loosing all my business in this time and becoming Penny less. On my return they gave me the Best news that 'It was my Ghost living in Canada throughout these years.'

Any 1 experienced same issue please advise me how long it would take till my wife joins me here.

Thanks.
i was refused for the same reasone and lukily becouse of my good lawyr i dint wen to court my case was solved on riten submitioon