+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

jpbs

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
gsize said:
just to let you guys know, the waiting time for a hearing was NOT 12-18 months for me. It was 25 months !!

Appeal filed - April 2010
Notes received - July 2010
Hearing - August 2012 (Toronto) Appeal allowed !
Waiting for re processing.

(28 months from Appeal filed or 25 months from notes received) Timelines change......be prepared.
Hi there gsize if u dont mind can u share your country applied and the case history and why it was rejected, if u dont mind because it may help others too, staying apart for more than 25 months as husband and wife is really impossible.
thanking you ,

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
jpbs said:
Hi there gsize if u dont mind can u share your country applied and the case history and why it was rejected, if u dont mind because it may help others too, staying apart for more than 25 months as husband and wife is really impossible.
thanking you ,
I am Canadian (3rd generation) and my partner is Mexican. Our case was rejected because 'it was not genuine" ( I guess they knew more than us). My partner was living with me in Canada for 2 years and we filed under 'common law'-outland. Honestly, I dont know why it took so long. I am starting to feel stronger every day, hoping my partner will be with me in Canada soon. (I have no more tears !) to make matters worse, Mexicans can not come here without a visa and I was (and still am) scared to travel to Mexico. We have met 3 times in Cuba for this reason.

Hope it helps !

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
bluecamas said:
We are doing plan B. I am going to relocate to my husband's country, India. We went through the terrible process of spouse sponsorship. The rules and web pages do not advise the cruelty, invasive process, bias, racism and the many other painful and shocking aspect of sponsoring a spouse to Canada.
I am a born in Canada citizen and I am still coping with the shock of this terrible system and process. Take a look at the stats on marriage in Canada. Immigration reflects our now Canada society and it is not a mindset of marriage values. It's a nightmare for couples to be separated for months into years. I know the pain of all of you who have endured this for I have too. It's been a bizarre, insane experience. I believed Canada to be a free country.I found out just how racist Canada is too.( I am not Indian)
Currently about 1 in 10 born in Canada citizens live abroad. Good luck to all of those who choose to battle. Some like me and my hubby refuse to battle and make other choices to leave. I am excited to be going to another country and to reunite with my husband. India has much stronger family values then Canada. I joined some expat clubs and forums. These people are having great lives.
My husband and I have known each other 10 years and have a wonderful marriage. I hear the nightmare stories and know some personally. A Canadian man lives in China. Marries a woman and they have a child. His wife can not come into the country because they ruled the marriage "not genuine" ! Who on the outside can judge whether a marriage is genuine or not? No one. Yet couples get deemed all the time as guilty of something not done. It's a witch hunt process. I wished I have known all of this before we went through the process.
Good luck to all who decide to battle. I hope you find Canada is worth it. You have to go through a lot to even get married due to the laws here. Then have a lot to do in getting reunited and endure the pain and unnatural state of being apart from your spouse. That is love and that is a loyalty rarely found in most marriage made in Canada now a days. The battle is really about Canada life and is it worth it? It isn't for hubby and I. I went to an IAD meeting with letters from friends and family on both sides. I submitted evidence on how my husband not here affects all aspect of my life here. They said go to appeal and in saying that, said we do not care one bit about you or any part of your life or those around you. Then also have the arrogance to believe they know my marriage and husband better then me!
Pierre Trudeau once said. The government has no business in the bedrooms of it's nation. This is no less true today. They did the media stuff about marriage fraud. For the ones that came here on spouse sponsorship and sponsored another spouse in soon after this is a failure of the government. Because they failed spouses are kept apart while they do this totally bizarre assessments on genuine marriages?
When you marry someone from another country be prepared it is a 50 50 thing. Which country to live in. This world has 7 billion people in it with Canada's tiny part only 35 million. Lots of people do have happy and good lives outside of Canada. Was Canada life worth fighting for, for us? No. There is a whole wide wonderful world out there outside of Canada!
edit. Found expats forum.

nomaan78

Nov 3, 2012
hi gagan88, Congrats to your success. Would you like to inform us that you won through ADR or full hearing? Thanks

~*Dani*~

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 6,2012
Doc's Request.
August 16th,2012
AOR Received.
June 20th,2012
Med's Done....
February 17,2012
Interview........
October 18th,2012
Passport Req..
refused........... :(
VISA ISSUED...
so sad
LANDED..........
so upset and sad.
I am curious and would like to know.. please answer, I would appericate that.

what kind of teleconference that IAD going to use for appeal hearing?

Thank you

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
My wife received her refusal letter last week. She had her interview on October 4th. Went 'in process' on the 11th.

2.5 years and nearly $30,000 spent and they don't believe we are genuine.

I am a Canadian born citizen and married my wife from Cambodia. Visited her 3 times and going to see her a 4th time next saturday. Call records showing I have called her almost every night for the last 2.5 years(more than 1 hr average/day) and monthly western union reciepts for sending her financial support every month for the last 2+yrs. Plenty of video skype logs.

They somehow claimed that we havent demonstrated meaningful ongoing communication!!!WTF????

I havent recieved the refusal letter yet but will have to appeal this week sometime before going back to Cambodia to see my wife for our 2nd anniversary.

What an absolute load of BS this is.

LOVEHURTS

Sep 1, 2012
Noman,
I won wid lots and lots of prayersss and our lawyers hard work
Explaining immigration that its not fear and sending them proofs of residanti
Long storyyyyyyyy but wewon else our case was goibg to b
In court and date was after 14 months that was killing I tbink ur date will also b like that
Wen were u refused and did u get bak ur file

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Hello121 said:
My wife received her refusal letter last week. She had her interview on October 4th. Went 'in process' on the 11th.

I am a Canadian born citizen and married my wife from Cambodia. Visited her 3 times and going to see her a 4th time next saturday. Call records showing I have called her almost every night for the last 2.5 years(more than 1 hr average/day) and monthly western union reciepts for sending her financial support every month for the last 2+yrs. Plenty of video skype logs.

They somehow claimed that we havent demonstrated meaningful ongoing communication!!!WTF????

I havent recieved the refusal letter yet but will have to appeal this week sometime before going back to Cambodia to see my wife for our 2nd anniversary.

Welocme to the nightmare.....however.......keep fighting and you will win in the end.....most do ! Hopefully, your case will not be heard in Toronto as there is a long waiting time. I can appreciate where you are coming from.

Reactions: Alicee

nomaan78

Nov 3, 2012
LOVEHURTS said:
Noman,
I won wid lots and lots of prayersss and our lawyers hard work
Explaining immigration that its not fear and sending them proofs of residanti
Long storyyyyyyyy but wewon else our case was goibg to b
In court and date was after 14 months that was killing I tbink ur date will also b like that
Wen were u refused and did u get bak ur file

We got refuse in sep'12 because of section 130(1)(b) sponsor doesn't reside in canada. Now we are waiting for the file also we are gathering lot of proofs. Did you win through ADR? How to skip the long process of court as you did? You may send PM if you like as we have almost similar case. Thanks

nomaan78

Nov 3, 2012
Dear All,

Please tell me when the appeal is in process or filed what does the E-CAS status show? I mean "Decision made" or "In Process".

Thanks

nomaan78

Nov 3, 2012
khtaana said:
A.A Every1.
I am new to this thread but here is my timeline.
Oct 2008 Became PR
Jan 2011 Left for Pakistan and got Married
Mar 18 returned Canada
Apr 2011 Initially applied to CPC-Missisauga
May 2011 File transfered to ISD
Nov 2011 Left for Pakistan for giving my MBA final exams and visiting my wife.
Mar 2012 recieved call from Visa Officer on Wife's No. while I was on a visit to Pakistan requesting Police Clearance etc.
Apr 2012 provided VO @ ISD with Police Cert., updated forms, proof of my redience and my PP's Copies etc as requested by him.
May 10th 2012 returned to canada
May 2012 Decision made appeared on website and got excited, but it was start of a nightmare only
Jun 2012 Got refusal letter stating 'Since I believe Sponsor does not reside in Canada and he did not do so when he filed the application till the day decision is made. Specifically from Nov 2011 till present i.e. 20 May 2012'

Jul 2012 filed an appeal
Aug 2012 IAD asked to submit a copy of proofs to Border Agency as well.
Aug 14th 2012 re- submitted all proofs to IAD & Border Agency.
I am a PR but having 950 days of physical presence on Canadian Soil as compared to 730 days required in 5 years.

Just on basis of a phone call and my MBA reason the rascal assumed I am faking my residency in Canada. Luckily I had appeared as a itness in Court in Saskatoon early apr 2011, plus mean while I have been on E-I and visiting Service Canada for different programs early 2011. Worked in Construction and took all payments on Cheques for a Commercail contract throughout 2011. Appeared for Road tests 5 times and passed in 5th Attempt in year 2011. Plus even in my absence from Canada I have been paying insurance on my 2 vehicles regularly as I initially planned just 2 months off which delayed coz of wife's health which ended in a Miss-Carriage. These all proofs deny Visa Officer's 1st accusation that i did not live in canada when i Applied. But still I stayed almost 5 mnths and 3 weeks away from Canada due to my pregnant and severly ill wife. Loosing all my business in this time and becoming Penny less. On my return they gave me the Best news that 'It was my Ghost living in Canada throughout these years.'

Any 1 experienced same issue please advise me how long it would take till my wife joins me here.

Thanks.
Hi khtaana, My case is also same as yours and I'm waiting for the file. Do you think this type of case will qualify for ADR or full hearing? Thanks

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
gsize said:
Welocme to the nightmare.....however.......keep fighting and you will win in the end.....most do ! Hopefully, your case will not be heard in Toronto as there is a long waiting time. I can appreciate where you are coming from.
Thanks.

Of course, it seems this can only mean that they simply don't believe she loves me. I wrote a 6 page letter to them and tried to help with some of this but they didnt look at it, or any letters, during the interview. Doesnt sound like hey let her say much either. They would ask her something and after a short response would ask her to stop. She said they were nice, not mean or anything, just very much like police.lol

thepie

Oct 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
12-12-2011
Med's Request
extension being requested
Med's Done....
10-08-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
20-09-2012 (package sent to SVO 01-10-2012)
LANDED..........
08/12/2012
Hello121 said:

That is unbelievable. I definitely feel for you. That is outrageous what is going on. But I believe your appeal will be successful with so much evidence. That is undeniable proof that you are genuine.

By the way, were you an international competitor for Judo? If so, that is amazing, and I respect that a lot. I joined Judo 2 years ago and now I have my orange belt. I have stopped for the last few months because of a bad back, but I really love it and will get back into it after my core strengthens properly.

blessings

Sep 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
27-01-2011
Med's Request
Updated Doc. plus Children pic sent on March 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
18-Sep-2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi

My friend got refusal on same grounds. My question is if she travels back to Canada immediately in next month, will this strengthen the case or not. What other proves did you provide. She is providing rental documents and job letter with reconsideration letter. what exactly is the procedure. She is traveling back with two kids. i will appreciate for your help.

best regards

Blessing

nomaan78 said:
We got refuse in sep'12 because of section 130(1)(b) sponsor doesn't reside in canada. Now we are waiting for the file also we are gathering lot of proofs. Did you win through ADR? How to skip the long process of court as you did? You may send PM if you like as we have almost similar case. Thanks