Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016
Interview........
08-03-2017
Why did you, as a sponsor, list your children as dependents on Schedule A? Does your husband have any children?
It strictly says he must put all children..adopted and stepchildren included.

Terri&Elyas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016
Interview........
08-03-2017
My husband does not have any.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
It strictly says he must put all children..adopted and stepchildren included.
So, you are saying your children aren't PR or Canadian? If it is correct, then yes, he has to list your children as dependents on application, otherwise, you don't list PR or Canadian children as dependents on Schedule A, they should be listed on Additional Family Form.

Terri&Elyas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016
Interview........
08-03-2017
They are canadian. I'm so confused with this. Yes, they are listed as additional family members. That's where I added their names.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
They are canadian. I'm so confused with this. Yes, they are listed as additional family members. That's where I added their names.
So, I guess your PM office is correct, it is just a generic email, you don't have to be worried. Sorry for all my questions, just trying to figure out what exactly your situation is. Wish you the best!

Terri&Elyas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016
Interview........
08-03-2017
So, I guess your PM office is correct, it is just a generic email, you don't have to be worried. Sorry for all my questions, just trying to figure out what exactly your situation is. Wish you the best!
Thank you!

Zeehiw

Jul 10, 2019
I am sorry to hear about the refusal. But may I ask when was the date of your landing in Canada as a pr? I read here quite many cases when people failed to declare their spouse and family members, in the future they were not able to sponsor them. If you applied in 2015, when exactly was the date of landing? Was it before marriage or after?
This is what I have found on CIC website. Hope it will help you to start your appeal...
https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/filing-immigration-appeal/Pages/immapp-a1.aspx
I got visa April 28 2016
I got married May 25 2016
She got pregnant in June 2016
I landed on August 03 2016
She got birth after I moved to Canada in February 2017

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
I got visa April 28 2016
I got married May 25 2016
She got pregnant in June 2016
I landed on August 03 2016
She got birth after I moved to Canada in February 2017
You are suppose to inform IRCC for any marital status change prior to your landing, did you do that? If you haven't then they will consider that as mis-interpretation and appealing that would do nothing.

Zeehiw

Jul 10, 2019
have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class, the class in which you applied. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
(d) the sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence and became a permanent resident and, at the time of that application, the foreign national was a non- accompanying family member or a former spouse or former common-law partner of the sponsor and was not examined.
Your sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence and became a permanent resident and, at the time of that application, you were not declared as a dependent of your sponsor and therefore you were not examined. As a result, I have determined that you are not a member of the family class.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. For the reasons set out above, I am not satisfied that you are not inadmissible and that you meet the requirements of the Act. I am therefore refusing your application.
I am sending a letter to your sponsor notifying of the appeal provisions of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. I am using the last known address for your sponsor:

Zeehiw

Jul 10, 2019
have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class, the class in which you applied. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
(d) the sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence and became a permanent resident and, at the time of that application, the foreign national was a non- accompanying family member or a former spouse or former common-law partner of the sponsor and was not examined.
Your sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence and became a permanent resident and, at the time of that application, you were not declared as a dependent of your sponsor and therefore you were not examined. As a result, I have determined that you are not a member of the family class.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. For the reasons set out above, I am not satisfied that you are not inadmissible and that you meet the requirements of the Act. I am therefore refusing your application.
I am sending a letter to your sponsor notifying of the appeal provisions of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. I am using the last known address for your sponsor:

This the reason I got refused

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
I updated it on Canada revenue website and I have been filling my tax return since 2016 with my wife
CRA and IRCC are different ministry in Canada, filing your tax return together does not count as updating your marital information with IRCC. Also the date for filing your 2016 tax return is April 2017 after your landing date in August 2016. Sorry to hear about your mistake, but there is almost 0% chance of winning an appeal case like this.

Last edited: