Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
jomz said:
To be honest I don't know. You'd have to contact her for her standard fee quote. The only reason I recommend her is due to the fact that she is highly regarded and respected in her field (she's a speaker and instructor at BC colleges/university) on the subject of immigration therefore not one to take ur money and run lol. Plus she's been through the process herself. And if she does not take appeal cases at least she could recommend someone else in the Vancouver area that is good and has high standards and good ethics.
Thanks jomz. She certainly seems to be a good consultant. It's good to let people know.

Quba747

Apr 9, 2016
13 months ago we were approved in canada for family sponsorship and yesterday denied by cuba ( says we are not legit?)
My Husband felt his interview went well and he answered all the questions they asked and even added nore information and proof then they asked for etc.

We are so devasted!!! After almost three long years of waiting to hear the good news that we could finally start our lives as husband and wife we found out yesterday this sad sad news! We are beyond shock!! after 8 years and three long years of (applications , process, waiting etc , A lot of $$$) of waiitng to be together finally we find this out !!!

Now what to do? We are told we have two choices!!
Appeal? we are told this cost about $5000 and could take three year wait? and not gauranteed a good outcome!!
Start over and apply again to wait how much longer? What can we submitt now that we haven't already done so for the past three years?

We had origianlly hired a company to help with the whole process and now they advise to start over??
What to do, we are exchausted, mentally and financially!!!

Any imput advice on the appeal process etc? would be greatly apprecited!
Thank you so much!

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Quba747 said:
13 months ago we were approved in canada for family sponsorship and yesterday denied by cuba ( says we are not legit?)
My Husband felt his interview went well and he answered all the questions they asked and even added nore information and proof then they asked for etc.

We are so devasted!!! After almost three long years of waiting to hear the good news that we could finally start our lives as husband and wife we found out yesterday this sad sad news! We are beyond shock!! after 8 years and three long years of (applications , process, waiting etc , A lot of $$$) of waiitng to be together finally we find this out !!!

Now what to do? We are told we have two choices!!
Appeal? we are told this cost about $5000 and could take three year wait? and not gauranteed a good outcome!!
Start over and apply again to wait how much longer? What can we submitt now that we haven't already done so for the past three years?

We had origianlly hired a company to help with the whole process and now they advise to start over??
What to do, we are exchausted, mentally and financially!!!

Any imput advice on the appeal process etc? would be greatly apprecited!
Thank you so much!
I know it not an easy process. My advice to you is to appeal, most people who appealed their case has won including myself. I have been fighting this battle for over 4 years now.

If you are in Toronto you may have to wait up to 2 years for the appeal date.

If you reapply most likely you will be turn down again unless something major changes in your application. But as you said you already submitted everything you could in the 3 years.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
CAN THIS BE A REASON FOR REJECTION OF OUR APPLICATION?

MY BIG DILEMMA.

Here's what happened.

My husband (then bf) and I has been in a long distance relationship from the start. When we got the chance to be together, we wanted to do everything that we can to lessen the time that we have to spent apart.

Few weeks before we got married, we decided that he should try his luck for TRV for reasons like: (1)to prove to my parents that he is willing to do anything on his own to be with me (2)to make it easy for us to be together (3)to have the option of postponing our wedding and have time to prepare for it

He applied and DID NOT mention me in his application (as his gf) although my "name" was part of it because we paid the application with my credit card. Unfortunately in his itinerary (supporting documents), he stated that he want to come to travel in Canada for two weeks to travel which has been his lifelong dream before he got married 2years from now (date of TRV application).

He got denied and we decided to push thru with the wedding so that we can move forward with the sponsorship.

Now, we are in the process of applying for Spouse Sponsorship and of course, we mentioned that he applied for TRV in the past. I am not sure how to explain this in the application or if we need to explain it. Technically, we did not reveal our real intention for the TRV which is to be able to spend time together because of reasons mentioned above.

Are we in big trouble?
Can a TRV application in the past could cause trouble in the sponsorship?

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
Hi everyone I've been selected for ADR in January, how long does it take to get a date? Thanks so much

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2013 Exp 5-Mar-2014
Interview........
19-Mar-2014 Rejected (Appealed June 2014)
Passport Req..
Old (20-06-2013) NEW - Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting (Hearing date is August 15th 2016) Succesfull
LANDED..........
Waiting
badpusacat said:

MY BIG DILEMMA.

Here's what happened.

My husband (then bf) and I has been in a long distance relationship from the start. When we got the chance to be together, we wanted to do everything that we can to lessen the time that we have to spent apart.

Few weeks before we got married, we decided that he should try his luck for TRV for reasons like: (1)to prove to my parents that he is willing to do anything on his own to be with me (2)to make it easy for us to be together (3)to have the option of postponing our wedding and have time to prepare for it

He applied and DID NOT mention me in his application (as his gf) although my "name" was part of it because we paid the application with my credit card. Unfortunately in his itinerary (supporting documents), he stated that he want to come to travel in Canada for two weeks to travel which has been his lifelong dream before he got married 2years from now (date of TRV application).

He got denied and we decided to push thru with the wedding so that we can move forward with the sponsorship.

Now, we are in the process of applying for Spouse Sponsorship and of course, we mentioned that he applied for TRV in the past. I am not sure how to explain this in the application or if we need to explain it. Technically, we did not reveal our real intention for the TRV which is to be able to spend time together because of reasons mentioned above.

Are we in big trouble?
Hi
I'm not an expert but as long as I can tell from the knowledge I got from this site and also one of my friend also tried to visit her boyfriend but she mentioned him as her Uncle in the TRV.

(They were called for interview and there were others red flags too in their PR application)

What you can do is just tell them It was just a Tourist visa not what you mentioned here. If he or you will tell them your real story what youy mentioned here about his TRV application they are going to believe that you are not genuine.

I'm not saying you lie to them just don't tell them the real reason.

Please other senior members also share your views over this issue.

Quba747

Apr 9, 2016
Thank you, appreciate your responce, we have waited so long already another three -5 years seems like forever and more $$...so sad :(...we will not give up but I hope we will do the right thing!!

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
SAHIL SINGH said:
Hi
I'm not an expert but as long as I can tell from the knowledge I got from this site and also one of my friend also tried to visit her boyfriend but she mentioned him as her Uncle in the TRV.

(They were called for interview and there were others red flags too in their PR application)

What you can do is just tell them It was just a Tourist visa not what you mentioned here. If he or you will tell them your real story what youy mentioned here about his TRV application they are going to believe that you are not genuine.

I'm not saying you lie to them just don't tell them the real reason.

Please other senior members also share your views over this issue.
Thank you for your inputs, SAHIL SINGH! They were called for an interview just because of the previous TRV application?

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Waiting
Quba747 said:
Thank you, appreciate your responce, we have waited so long already another three -5 years seems like forever and more $$...so sad :(...we will not give up but I hope we will do the right thing!!
One thing can help you.

When they call your husband for interview try to go their with him to show them you are with him and aslo you can explain things to them at interview.

But again who knows maybe they will issue him visa without an interview.

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Waiting
badpusacat said:
Thank you for your inputs, SAHIL SINGH! They were called for an interview just because of the previous TRV application?
No that was not the only reason they were having other issues too.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
hello guys I am new here ....I just found this thread and I am already scared lol...I am from Bucharest VO , my husbund is Canadian citizen , he is sponsoring me. He was approved as a sponsor and since 5 months my application is at VO...I am worried because we have a big difference of age, we met online and also married pretty fast ...we really hope they will not think that our marriage is a fake just because of these reason ...we are thinking to send them a letter or something like that ...or to attach online a forum on our application with more proofs as pictures with us and with my family , ticket with a trip (we will go in other country visit a part of his family ) , showing them how much he sponsore me with money monthly , he also visit me pretty often so that should be another good think to show them ...please guys tell me your opinion , what should we write in the letter , what else can we add there to prove them that our relation is genuine .

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Quba747 said:
I totally understand, I spend over $9000 on my appeal along plus I have a son and a home to take care of. It is definitely not easy in any way whatsoever but at the end I am hoping it will be all worth it.

It probably will take no more that 3 years but try to visit each other as often as you can. I have not seen my husband in 14 months and its not easy being away from him that long, especially for our son too.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
badpusacat said:

MY BIG DILEMMA.

Here's what happened.

Are we in big trouble?
Just tell them he applied for a TRV to come spend some time with you and to get to know you better before you guys decide to get married. I think him applying for a TRV will show the genuineness of your relationship because it will show that he was applying for it to come spend time with you, it will show his commitment to the relationship.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
deeafahd said:
hello guys I am new here ....I just found this thread and I am already scared lol...I am from Bucharest VO , my husbund is Canadian citizen , he is sponsoring me. He was approved as a sponsor and since 5 months my application is at VO...I am worried because we have a big difference of age, we met online and also married pretty fast ...we really hope they will not think that our marriage is a fake just because of these reason ...we are thinking to send them a letter or something like that ...or to attach online a forum on our application with more proofs as pictures with us and with my family , ticket with a trip (we will go in other country visit a part of his family ) , showing them how much he sponsore me with money monthly , he also visit me pretty often so that should be another good think to show them ...please guys tell me your opinion , what should we write in the letter , what else can we add there to prove them that our relation is genuine .
Age difference is not really an issue if you can prove that your relationship is genuine. Sounds like you already some good proof of your relationship. Pictures, plane ticked and receipt for financial support from him and anything else you add that shows the genuineness of your relationship will definitely be good to prove your case.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
deeafahd said:
Hi,

I have a very similar situation. I am the sponsor and I am older than my wife. We married quickly. We were refused because the VO believed our relationship was not genuine.

We submitted our application in Feb 14 and by Jun 14 I could already see the VO was going to refuse us (in his notes).

One thing we did wrong was to not send enough evidence. The package I initially sent was about 100 pages of evidence. By the time we had the appeal we had over 1500 pages of chats and photos etc. I recommend you send as much evidence as possible. But, keep it useful. Don't send 25 pictures of the same thing. Also organize the information in a way that proves your case. My appeal lawyer said she could have helped me build a stronger case before we were refused. I don;t know how to send additional evidence while the case is in progress. Someone else on the forum may know.

I also recommend you submit a request for information from the Visa Office now (search "cic request for information" in google). It will only cost about $5 and you will receive it within a month. In this request, it will send all the notes they have on your case. It's the same thing as the blue book that is sent out when you appeal except it is only up to the current date.

When you read this document you will get a very good understanding of whether anyone has looked at your case, whether you are scheduled to get an interview, etc.. Like I said, when I got this document I knew the VO was going to refuse us.