Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
The refusal letter was written on November 4. My husband received it on November 14. I have not received mine yet. When CIC is going to send me reimbursement of the $1000 ?

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
in Vancouver on 27th Dec. 2011
Habibti said:
The refusal letter was written on November 4. My husband received it on November 14. I have not received mine yet. When CIC is going to send me reimbursement of the $1000 ?
You should get the letter in a week or so. However, if you are going to appeal the decision, you should not withdraw the fee you have paid. This should be written in the letter as well. Even if it is not mentioned, you should not withdraw the fee.

Reactions: Stange

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
Habibti said:
Thank you so much Vanny. Now I know what to expect. The papers for the appeal were sent last week. I hired an immigration consultant whose work is supervised by a lawyer. I must admit that these days are like a living nightmare. This tremendous test is shaking people to the core and my husband changed so much since he received the refusal letter. I know he loves me and wants to be with me, but he is not the same man I used to know and it badly affects our marriage. If it continues that way, our marriage will fail. I have little hope we will make it through...

If I understand well, if the ADR is successful, then you don't need to go into appeal and the visa process starts again?
Yes if ADR is successful, you will not go to Appeal board. Please understand that what you are going to do now is challange the judgement of the Visa Officer. So whatever points they mentioned in the reason to denie your husband the PR, you ahve to prove each and everyone of them wrong. So get ready for a stressfull battle. I hope the consulant you hired knows what he is dealing with. Discuss every single even small things with him. You should mentally gfet ready to answer all possible wired questions they might ask.

To be honest, it is stressfull, difficult process but its not impossible. Most of the genuine cases in ADR are successful. Your appeal is sent to ADR and if they see that you have a strong case and going to appeal board will be wastage of time and money, only then they allow you ADR process. So, be careful and well prepared when you file the appeal. You must counter attack each reason for refusal in the letter and more. Start collecting all the evidence and other material to prove its genuine case.

Wish you good luck!

Reactions: Alicee

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
hambzik said:
Yes if ADR is successful, you will not go to Appeal board. Please understand that what you are going to do now is challange the judgement of the Visa Officer. So whatever points they mentioned in the reason to denie your husband the PR, you ahve to prove each and everyone of them wrong. So get ready for a stressfull battle. I hope the consulant you hired knows what he is dealing with. Discuss every single even small things with him. You should mentally gfet ready to answer all possible wired questions they might ask.

To be honest, it is stressfull, difficult process but its not impossible. Most of the genuine cases in ADR are successful. Your appeal is sent to ADR and if they see that you have a strong case and going to appeal board will be wastage of time and money, only then they allow you ADR process. So, be careful and well prepared when you file the appeal. You must counter attack each reason for refusal in the letter and more. Start collecting all the evidence and other material to prove its genuine case.

Wish you good luck!
Thank you for your very informative reply! It is my understanding that it is uncertain I will get an ADR... is it exact? I mean it is out of my hands. It is not up to me to decide if the ADR could be granted for my case...

lonely2011

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2010
Interview........
26-01-2011
We filed under the conjugal partner class and it was refused by Vienna, I appealed in March 2011 and apparently we'll not be getting ADR but a full hearing
The reason for refusal is there was no impediment to marriage
Our reason was we wanted to live as common law partners since we are both in our 40's, second marriage to both of us and unable to gather our families for the wedding...I couldn't live in his country since I have daughter that lives with me and he couldn't even get TRV to visit me.

My question now is if we do get married do you think they will give us ADR?

We are so sick and tired of waiting, we've been together since 2008 first waiting for my divorce then immigration, now appeal

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
When my husband was refused PR, I always wondered why we didn't get an ADH hearing. The reason
was they didn't believe ours was a genuine marriage. I didn't know about ADH or anything when I went
to my full hearing, I had hoped it was an ADH but it wasn't. The hearing was 5 hours long. I was by myself,
and my husband and I really didn't know what we were doing. But we were sincere. The judge saw that. So
whether you get one or the other, just prove your case and you will be successful. I'm living proof. Believe
me, I've had many members on here point out how unprepared we had been prior to my husbands interview. And they were right!!! And maybe just having that 7 months to focus on our relationship really helped too. I
learned more about my husbands culture, by actually living it day to day. You'll figure out a way, but by the time my Appeal Hearing happened I felt like they couldn't refuse us again.

Reactions: Alicee

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
Habibti said:
Thank you for your very informative reply! It is my understanding that it is uncertain I will get an ADR... is it exact? I mean it is out of my hands. It is not up to me to decide if the ADR could be granted for my case...
Yes, this is true. However, if you submit very strong evidence, you should be granted ADR. Just remember, dont rush to submit the appeal, collect all evidence first. I wish you good luck dear.

Harisha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2011
Hi guys

I won the appeal and they send my file to Sri Lanka Colombo. They said that they received my file on sep 28, 2011. Does any one know how long it will take to send a letter to redo medical and police clearance?

Does any one have experience in Sri Lanka appeal cases?
please let me know

Thanks

Vanny

Dec 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
18-12-2009
File Transfer...
27-11-2009
Med's Request
?? pending med redo req
Med's Done....
9-10-2009//
Interview........
03-02-2011,Denied///ADR, appeal won Sept 7th 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2012
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
Hi lonely,

If you get married , maybe you'll have better chances of wining at the full hearing. I don't think you can reverse the decision from a full hearing to an ADR. Even if they did reverse the decision , they will simply ask you to re-apply under spouses.

I also applied under conjugal partner class. Our impediment for marriage was:

His divorce not yet finalized since 2009 , still pending til this date
Visitors visa refusal
Since we are not married, I am unable to live there for more than 6mos at a time due to immigration
We also have a child together.

You need to prove why you couldn't marry? If you could have, but chose not too,, then chances are slim.
They expect you to marry if you can .

For conjugal partners, it would be best to get a lawyer experienced in those cases. I got one and was able to win the at the ADR.

Best of luck

Harisha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2011
Hi guys

My husband received a letter to update his personal information from the embassy. Any one have experince in colombo embassy

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
Harisha said:
Hi guys

My husband received a letter to update his personal information from the embassy. Any one have experince in colombo embassy
I'm just guessing... Update of new address,, new work history,,, new membership in association or clubs,, travels,, new baby .. Everything he did since he submitted his PR application....

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
Harisha said:
Hi guys

Please read the letter carefully, they should have told him which forms he need to fill and send. They normally give you form numbers if they dont send you the forms. Or now, they might tell him to go online and fill the form, since they are going digital.

I am not sure if they will just ask you to confirm the personal information without any specific details or forms.

Good Luck

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
Harisha said:
Hi guys

I won the appeal and they send my file to Sri Lanka Colombo. They said that they received my file on sep 28, 2011. Does any one know how long it will take to send a letter to redo medical and police clearance?

Does any one have experience in Sri Lanka appeal cases?
please let me know

Thanks
I am not sure about Colombo, however, I received my letter for medical and PCC from New Delhi after about a month and half. So you should expect a letter or email with forms and medical details soon. Keep eye on your email, specially junk mail, sometime it ends in spam folder.

Harisha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2011
Thanks guys. I hope my husband will receive a letter to re do medical soon. But now days i have no hope. i was so tried of waiting