Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Hi there, we filed our appeal in September 2013 and have our full hearing at the end of August 2014. So about 12 months.
We were not offered ADR. Lawyer says that this means that they have greater concerns about the legitimacy of marriage.

PeachNibbler.

Abe1004 said:
Hi there, I am curious how long on average the appeal takes and if ADR still exists?

My lawyer claims that ADR in Vacounver office is non-existant :(

Me and my wife got refused on 28th of april, on grounds that she is older than me and we married 3 days prior to my leave from Canada (we lived together for 2.6 years with all supporting proof (lease agreements, credits, bank accounts etc) prior to our marriage).

We just had a really opinionated officer. She is devastated but I am not losing hope.

We filed the appeal yesterday June 2nd.We lived in Manitoba, so ur appeal goes to Van-city.

Does it usually mean faster appeal process than Toronto area?

Regards

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Thanks and congratulations double rainbow. Good luck!

PeachNibbler
Double Rainbow said:
Thankyou everyone I love all of you so much. Thankyou for all of your support and help here. I will never forget you. I will continue to pray for all of you here receive your visas in the near future. It is a difficult process to go through for sure. With all of you here helping each other you will make it through. For your love of your spouses you are here fighting already, and therefore you will make it through. The KEY is to be very well prepared with counsel whether it be an ADR or a full hearing. This is way too important not to have counsel to help you succeed. This is your future with your spouse to be here together with you. If you decide not to appeal and re apply, the same issues will be there to haunt you and you maybe denied again because these issues were not addressed initially. Sometimes also you may re apply and get through as well, but this is quite rare of an occurrence. You are better off to submit notice to appeal. If they grant you an ADR and you fail, you get another chance at a full hearing to pass, if you fail at this it goes to Federal Court. They don't decide but rather they review your case and either recommend to allow or not and send it back to the IAD/ CIC/CBSA to decide the final outcome.

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/ImmApp/Pages/IadSaiInnovation.aspx

check this out modified this year

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
gango girl said:
God Bless u darling dont worry.........
u'll be together soon...
Good Luck...
thankyou dear I also hope to hear some good news from your side as well....

Hina 123

Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Aug 2010
Med's Request
Not yet
Interview........
4 Feb 2013 (denied)
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
soon Insha Allah
LANDED..........
soon Insha Allah
Peachnibbler said:
Rathika and Hina, I would really love to hear about what happened during your appeal hearings! My husband and I are headed to a full day of hearing in late August. Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Peach Nibbler.
Hi peacnibble ... dont worry ur nightmare is about to end.. i had full hearing n its good tht u or ur lawyer has chance to fight of hit back to minister council . Jst be confident n tell the truth .u n ur spouse answer should match .just stay clam when u r giving answer.bcuz they notice ur body language as wel. Listen question carfuly first then answer .dont go in detail unless they ask u detail.its is bad or doubted impact on them if u go on detail so no shorter n not longer anser should b..dates u both should know
Ur marriage date .ur first date etc.hope u have a lawyer .he will prep u wel too.so dont worry have faith
Best of luck .

saniali

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-02-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2012
Passport Req..
18-04-2013 (passport sent 24-05-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
waiting waiting and waiting
hello can i knw the procedure and processing time of appeal in toronto... how many days after appeal i will get ADR date

Vijender_Rana

Apr 5, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saniali said:
hello can i knw the procedure and processing time of appeal in toronto... how many days after appeal i will get ADR date
you have a lawyer helping you or not ? if yes , ask him..

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Peachnibbler said:
Gsize, any wisdom on the hearing process? We are headed for our at the end of August.

Peach Nibbler
If you have submitted sufficient papers and documents to prove your case, there should not be a problem. Just be yourself and speak with full confidence. In my PR appeal, my lawyer failed to submit enough documents to prove my case though he fully assured me several times to win very easily. I was also took it very lightly, not even consulted forum like this or any other competent lawyer. BTW my Bay Street lawyer was quite expensive who failed miserably. My suggestion is that you are the best consultant and whatever needed to prove your case , just do it.

Khadijatou696

May 3, 2014
Peachnibbler said:
Hi there, we filed our appeal in September 2013 and have our full hearing at the end of August 2014. So about 12 months.
We were not offered ADR. Lawyer says that this means that they have greater concerns about the legitimacy of marriage.

PeachNibbler.
Hi Peachnibbler, I'm new here but did read through this forum . Seems we're having about the same time line and same dealt with Visa office in Accra , Ghana. My husband is Gambian. We applied for spousal sponsorship and his permanent residency in February 2013 and my husband's interview in Accra was September 18/2013. We went together to the interview but they would refuse to hear me too. Two days later he's got the refusal letter . On October 02./2013 we filed appeal to Vancouver. Received our CAIP notes February 27/ 2014. Till today we still didn't hear anything yet from IAD about a date for ADR or Hearing . We are married since 20 month now . He is in The Gambia and we only can be together when I travel there . I just came back at the end of April from my husbands country where we spend 5 weeks together again . It's so hard to say Good bye every time I have to leave again and not knowing how much longer we will have to live like that . This endless waiting time seems to destroy me more and more. We have had so many plans together but can't even talk about it anymore as it just hurts too much that none of it whatever we planned for our near future can't be realized for who knows how much longer ...

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Khadijatou696 said:
Hi Peachnibbler, I'm new here but did read through this forum . Seems we're having about the same time line and same dealt with Visa office in Accra , Ghana. My husband is Gambian. We applied for spousal sponsorship and his permanent residency in February 2013 and my husband's interview in Accra was September 18/2013. We went together to the interview but they would refuse to hear me too. Two days later he's got the refusal letter . On October 02./2013 we filed appeal to Vancouver. Received our CAIP notes February 27/ 2014. Till today we still didn't hear anything yet from IAD about a date for ADR or Hearing . We are married since 20 month now . He is in The Gambia and we only can be together when I travel there . I just came back at the end of April from my husbands country where we spend 5 weeks together again . It's so hard to say Good bye every time I have to leave again and not knowing how much longer we will have to live like that . This endless waiting time seems to destroy me more and more. We have had so many plans together but can't even talk about it anymore as it just hurts too much that none of it whatever we planned for our near future can't be realized for who knows how much longer ...
Make a strong appeal case and you will win for sure.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Khadijatou696 said:
dear Khadijatou696,
my husband from Vancouver & we also refused in Dec 2013 & appealed in mid of Jan 2014. my husband has got a letter from IAD saying that we will have a full hearing & the date will be informed later. you can call IAD & get information
good luck

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
my dear friends,
please tell me after the blue book is received, what can we do?
can we submit the documents? and how long we have to submit our documents to IAD & ministers counsel ?
and please tell me how long we may have to get a date for full hearing after received the blue book?
my husband is from Vancouver
all the replies are most welcome & valuable for me
thnks

Khadijatou696

May 3, 2014
Thanks gango girl !
I'm actually paying for an Immigration lawyer in Calgary (6000 CAD) but whatever he did till now is just telling me "be patient" ..sometimes I think I'm losing my mind... :mad: :mad:

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Khadijatou696 said:
Thanks gango girl !
I'm actually paying for an Immigration lawyer in Calgary (6000 CAD) but whatever he did till now is just telling me "be patient" ..sometimes I think I'm losing my mind... :mad: :mad:
oh dear thats true... we have to be patient. I learnt it darling..... i'm waiting for almost 31\2 years for my visa.. so frustrating.... what to do dear..... be strong to face for the hearing & collect enough evidences to prove your relationship is genuine. thats what you can do till you get a date for a hearing & i dnt know the Calgary waiting time but Toronto people have to wait for about 2 or 21\2 years get a date & sometimes it'll take 3-4 years to finish the case & get the visa after a hearing & Vancouver time is lesser than Toronto.
get more strong & always think that you will win & get through... it'll definitely work out....... good luck

kceCanuck

Nov 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all. Been awhile since I've been here. We heard from the consultant two weeks ago (end of may) that the bluebook finally arrived. No contact with IAD though.
I've scanned the posts (quickly mind you). Anyone know the typical reply time from bluebook to contact so we can set an appeal hearing with ADR or IAD?
8)