+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

inexplored

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
Please help with your kind inputs. Below is my timeline:
SPOUSAL file submitted at mississuaga office on : Feb 24th, 2014
Acknowledgement Email: March 20,2014 (That they have received my application on feb 24 and they will let me know when decision has been made).

Called cic 3 times already: Different answers (1st person said that they are doing additional investigation if I took social assistance, 2nd said that they were doing background checks, third said that I had withdrawn my previous spousal application (Which is true), so they are further assessing your file " FOR WHAT, I HAVE NO IDEA?").

I am very confused about my application as almost all files are decided in the mark of 31 days, then they either get transfered to a a vo or being denied. In my case they are holding my file (Since feb 2014) and not telling me whats going on. As far as my previous withdrawal is concerened. It was done in March of 2012 and I am filling back now again in feb 2014. Since then we have 2 sons born (One has a Canadian Citizenship granted from overseas) and plenty of evidence on our relationship that was provided to cic. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE ON THIS????

My 2nd son was born 2nd week of JAN 2014. When sent my application to cic (feb2014) we didnt have his birth certificate to present at the moment (However we did provide them with child birth details "name, place of birth, dob etc etc). Now I plan to send them the official birth certificate of the child and also inquire about the status of my application (Through email: CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca MISSISSAUGA OFFICE). IS IT ADVISE-ABLE AND IS IT THE RIGHT WAY TO GO ABOUT????

SECONDLY, I am also thinking about requesting for my file notes? is it advise-able at this stage, when the file number has been issued but it is still in processing centre in Canada??? IF ADVISE-ABLE THEN KINDLY LET ME KNOW WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT IT.

KINDLY, PROVIDE AS MANY POSSIBLE INPUTS AS POSSIBLE, SINCE I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO FIND OUT ABOUT MY FILE? Thanks

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Lenchik said:
question regarding adr. do people from immigration usually call spouse during the adr interview?

thanks
no

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
@inexplored...

I think it's a good idea to request your notes, so you can see what is really causing the delay and try to take care of it. You can request your notes anytime.

inexplored

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
@ inexplored...

I think it's a good idea to request your notes, so you can see what is really causing the delay and try to take care of it. You can request your notes anytime.
Thanks SenoritaBella. So you mean even at this stage of my file, there shall be something in the notes???

Kindly let me know how to go about notes. I have been reading about GCSM/CIAPS notes and also FOSS notes? which would be better to order??? Thanks

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Yes, there will be information in your notes because as you said, they are investigating about social assistance. Here's how to order:
If you want just your notes, request them under the Privacy Act (for free) here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

If you want both yours and your spouse's notes, request them under the Access to Information Act (costs $5) here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
You will also need a signed consent from your spouse in order for CIC to release their notes to you. Here's the form(IMM 5744) your spouse can fill and send to you by fax or email: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Caips/FOSS are now called GCMS notes. The most important thing is to select the right application for which you want the notes. In your case, it will be notes from your "sponsorship file". If it asks whether you want notes from "electronic file" or the actual "physicial file", choose "electronic file" because it is quicker and also select to receive them by email.

It takes 30 days to get them. Hope this helps.

inexplored said:
Thanks SenoritaBella. So you mean even at this stage of my file, there shall be something in the notes???

Kindly let me know how to go about notes. I have been reading about GCSM/CIAPS notes and also FOSS notes? which would be better to order??? Thanks

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
SenoritaBella said:
Yes, there will be information in your notes because as you said, they are investigating about social assistance. Here's how to order:
If you want just your notes, request them under the Privacy Act (for free) here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

If you want both yours and your spouse's notes, request them under the Access to Information Act (costs $5) here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
You will also need a signed consent from your spouse in order for CIC to release their notes to you. Here's the form(IMM 5744) your spouse can fill and send to you by fax or email: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Caips/FOSS are now called GCMS notes. The most important thing is to select the right application for which you want the notes. In your case, it will be notes from your "sponsorship file". If it asks whether you want notes from "electronic file" or the actual "physicial file", choose "electronic file" because it is quicker and also select to receive them by email.

Thankyou for your information :) By ordering these notes... Does it delay the process of your application being a normal sponsorship and or a won appeal for sponsorship?

caiden

Feb 15, 2012
mikeymyke said:
Unfortunately no, as soon as CIC slaps the misrepresentation label on someone, it's the kiss of death. There's no way to get around the misrepresentation, unless you can prove CIC made an error, but that's not the case here.

There's nothing you can do now that can turn things around. I'm afraid your husband will have to apply to immigrate here on his own. Tell him to take a skilled trade, preferably an electrician or plumber, get a couple years experience, then apply as skilled worker. The good news is CIC just announced that they are introducing some sort of new skilled worker visa stream for January 2015, this will allow skilled workers to get PR in just 6 months rather than the average of 2 years. He should consider that, as Canada has a huge skilled trade shortage, especially in Alberta, and if he takes such an occupation, he will get PR rather quickly.
I've been apply him as a skilled worker here in toronto,as a worm picking.. but unfortunately he was denied, because he didn't graduate to high school.. so, i lost hope for him... what is the best thing to get him?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It has no effect on the processing of your application. The Privacy office that processes your request for notes is separate from the visa office processing your application. Plus, you have a right to access personal information about yourself and/or family members as long as you meet the requirements. :)

Double Rainbow said:
Thankyou for your information :) By ordering these notes... Does it delay the process of your application being a normal sponsorship and or a won appeal for sponsorship?

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
hey guys hope all u are well!

I am really confused I need ur advice.. my lawyer asking another $1750 to do the paper work I won my appeal on feb 10th got my decision in writing In april I haven't heard anything from the visa post. My lawyer said I have to summit a new application/re-determination and she said it can take up to 1 and a half years before my hubby will get the visa and it is not also guaranteed visa. I can't afford this much of money at the moment . Can you guys tell me the process after an appeal won? and what are the new forms to summit? people who won the appeal please reply with your experience

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
inexplored said:
Please help with your kind inputs. Below is my timeline:
SPOUSAL file submitted at mississuaga office on : Feb 24th, 2014
Acknowledgement Email: March 20,2014 (That they have received my application on feb 24 and they will let me know when decision has been made).

Called cic 3 times already: Different answers (1st person said that they are doing additional investigation if I took social assistance, 2nd said that they were doing background checks, third said that I had withdrawn my previous spousal application (Which is true), so they are further assessing your file " FOR WHAT, I HAVE NO IDEA?").

I am very confused about my application as almost all files are decided in the mark of 31 days, then they either get transfered to a a vo or being denied. In my case they are holding my file (Since feb 2014) and not telling me whats going on. As far as my previous withdrawal is concerened. It was done in March of 2012 and I am filling back now again in feb 2014. Since then we have 2 sons born (One has a Canadian Citizenship granted from overseas) and plenty of evidence on our relationship that was provided to cic. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE ON THIS????

My 2nd son was born 2nd week of JAN 2014. When sent my application to cic (feb2014) we didnt have his birth certificate to present at the moment (However we did provide them with child birth details "name, place of birth, dob etc etc). Now I plan to send them the official birth certificate of the child and also inquire about the status of my application (Through email: CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca MISSISSAUGA OFFICE). IS IT ADVISE-ABLE AND IS IT THE RIGHT WAY TO GO ABOUT????

SECONDLY, I am also thinking about requesting for my file notes? is it advise-able at this stage, when the file number has been issued but it is still in processing centre in Canada??? IF ADVISE-ABLE THEN KINDLY LET ME KNOW WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT IT.

KINDLY, PROVIDE AS MANY POSSIBLE INPUTS AS POSSIBLE, SINCE I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO FIND OUT ABOUT MY FILE? Thanks
At this point there is not any important information that you will get if you ask for notes,
they are doing background check on you to approve your sponsorship as I can see....
therefore, you just need to wait ... I can see that it is taking time,
and in that case the best thing to do is to contact your Member of Parliament for his/her assistance,
(you just need to call his constituency office and talk to his secretary and give details about your application
and how to track your file (Receipt number). The reason that you will give for contacting your MP is because
your file is taking too long..... and they will give you an answer about your sponsorship...
from there will be the Visa Office who will take charge...
I don't see any reason for them to deny your sponsorship,
and probably they are looking for one reason...
so, be patient and hopefully everything will be OK...

Good luck

inexplored

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
Awesomeg said:
At this point there is not any important information that you will get if you ask for notes,
they are doing background check on you to approve your sponsorship as I can see....

Good luck
Thanks awesomeg for the encouragement, I definitly needed one ;D. Now this is where I stumble. What is THIS BACKGROUND CHECK REALLY??? IS IT DONE ON A SPONSOR, SPECIALLY AT THIS STAGE WHEN I HAD JUST RECENTLY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION?. WHAT KINDA EVIL IS THIS BACKGROUND CHECK IN DETAIL. ANYONE PLEASE PUT SOME LIGHT????

As far as ordering the notes. I strongly feel to really check whats taking so long. but my spouse is also asking me to be pateint. So I guess lets wait for another 2-3 weeks and if nothing comes up, I will definitly go ahead and apply for one.

inexplored

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
SenoritaBella said:

Thanks for this helpfull info. Another question is when one oreders CIAPS does it shows to either the processing centre or vo that the applicant/sponsor has checked their notes???? Cause since I dont know what is holding back my file, I just dont want to irritate them for any reason.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Yes, the notes will say where the file is - either CPC-M or name of visa office you selected to process the application(if sponsor has received approval and file has been transferred) or it could say "in transit" meaning that the file is still en route to overseas visa office or that office has not yet "confirmed" receipt of the application.

inexplored said:
Thanks for this helpfull info. Another question is when one oreders CIAPS does it shows to either the processing centre or vo that the applicant/sponsor has checked their notes???? Cause since I dont know what is holding back my file, I just dont want to irritate them for any reason.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Background check is done sponsor before approving sponsorship. For sponsor, background check involves:
- checking if you are (or were) on social assistance(welfare) at any point within the last 12 months. This is why they ask for your most recent Option C printout.
- checking if there are any criminal convictions e.g. violent crime, sexual offences, crimes committed against a family member.
- if you are under any deportation orders, breach of residency obligations (for sponsors who are permanent residents), etc.

You said there were investigating social assistance, right? That could explain the delay. There are others in the sponsorship thread, who were investigated for the same thing and their sponsorship approval took a few months.

As for notes, I don't see the harm in ordering them now while you wait(but up to you). Even if you get an answer before the notes arrive, you still get a chance to see what was going before.

inexplored said:
Thanks awesomeg for the encouragement, I definitly needed one ;D. Now this is where I stumble. What is THIS BACKGROUND CHECK REALLY??? IS IT DONE ON A SPONSOR, SPECIALLY AT THIS STAGE WHEN I HAD JUST RECENTLY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION?. WHAT KINDA EVIL IS THIS BACKGROUND CHECK IN DETAIL. ANYONE PLEASE PUT SOME LIGHT????

As far as ordering the notes. I strongly feel to really check whats taking so long. but my spouse is also asking me to be pateint. So I guess lets wait for another 2-3 weeks and if nothing comes up, I will definitly go ahead and apply for one.

caiden

Feb 15, 2012
Hi everyone. since my husband is denied Can i probably get a high chances to get , ADR appeal process, which will be great for me to do that. well, what do you think?