+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The misrepresentation involved my husband not disclosing one part of his background, specifically where he worked on the application. He had voluntarily came forward with the truth 5 days before the visa interview and my lawyer had sent a letter about this to the Colombo Visa Office. How serious would this be?
If you're dealing with a lawyer, ask your lawyer.

The entire question* - and hence the substance of your defence on appeal - about misrepresentation will likely (my guess) come down to this: was the misrepresentation material, that is, would its commission (or the omission of the information) mislead - in fact or potentially - the examining officer to not carry out the types of inquiries that would affect the visa.

Or in short: did the misrepresentation actually matter - would the visa officer's evaluation be affected (even potentially) by the misrepresentation.

Your description doesn't tell us anything. A typo of some kind usually doesn't matter. Omitting a job might not matter if it was a short part-time stint at mcdonald's as a teenager. Working for a government or military most definitely would be material in many or most cases.

I'm not suggesting you need to tell us here but you do need to be completely frank with the lawyer. Some minor but potentially important information left out inadvertently might be somewhere in between - I don't know.

*There is another question, whether informing / correcting the oversight five days before the interview might be considered as a mitigating factor. Again, facts matter (so share with your lawyer) - if IRCC believes the correction was done only after the misrepresentation was actually caught, they'll most likely fight treating this as just a good faith oversight and subsequent correction, i.e. they may still want to treat it as a misrepresentation.

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
Thank you bril23. I checked it open now .. when you give medical and schedule A and Additional family information form and police certificate it's showing online they received? ??
Not in that website (ecas) but new portal or GcKey will show if updated. The important thing is keep an eye if Decision is made in ecas.

Reactions: F.ayub

F.ayub

Dec 7, 2020
Yes all them done
Bril23 have you upload online PCC schedule A and Additional family information form..? Because My representative told me you have to send my PCC through DHL they required original PCC is it true??but lot of people said we upload online please guide me

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
Bril23 have you upload online PCC schedule A and Additional family information form..? Because My representative told me you have to send my PCC through DHL they required original PCC is it true??but lot of people said we upload online please guide me
Online/ upload is better and fast but if you read the again the instruction it shows to submit

Sam Sun

Star Member
Apr 2, 2022
Hello good friends
I got medical and other documents request on 3-June- 2022
I passed Medical on 14-June-2022
Now it's been more than 45 days since I received medical request but there is no PPR or CoPR.
How long does it take to get PPR?
Please reply my query.

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
Hello good friends
I got medical and other documents request on 3-June- 2022
I passed Medical on 14-June-2022
Now it's been more than 45 days since I received medical request but there is no PPR or CoPR.
How long does it take to get PPR?
Please reply my query.
Same here friend waiting for Dm.

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
appreciate your reply Friend. Lots of love. May God bless you, me and everyone.
Thank you friend. Is there any reason you think is causing the delay for your app? Mine We was suppose to get pcc from Kenya but couldn’t get I believe that causing delay because the my couple friends I know who get same date request for documents/medical, They got their visas on a month ago. One day will be over this wait.

Sam Sun

Star Member
Apr 2, 2022
Thank you friend. Is there any reason you think is causing the delay for your app? Mine We was suppose to get pcc from Kenya but couldn’t get I believe that causing delay because the my couple friends I know who get same date request for documents/medical, They got their visas on a month ago. One day will be over this wait.
Hey friend. I have submitted all the documents. It says medical passed. Background check done. But still waiting for PCC. And yes God is with us one day this wait will be over and we will be with our families. And that will be very soon.

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
Hey friend. I have submitted all the documents. It says medical passed. Background check done. But still waiting for PCC. And yes God is with us one day this wait will be over and we will be with our families. And that will be very soon.
Why waiting Pcc? Do you mean they haven’t updated that you provided PCC(Police Clearance Certificate)

F.ayub

Dec 7, 2020
Why waiting Pcc? Do you mean they haven’t updated that you provided PCC(Police Clearance Certificate)
Salam bril23. I done my medical on 13july but on online tools haven't received yet how long to take it's upload? Some one told me it's take one month? And also my representative send PCC schedule A and Additional family information form through email as well and I also send my post as well. How long it would take to get PPr?? Thank you God make ezy for us...