All Somali Applicants let's connect

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
princessa said:
loool it's okay and My husband is in Nairobi and yes we both are somali
Thanks Princessa

We share the same office so lets keep in touch and share experience on this thread.

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Camelboy said:
Wa alaikuma salaam Kuudir2 and thanks for your detailed info.

I am applying outlandish, My spouse-to-be lives at Capital City, and I am applying with a Somali passport at Nairobi Office, this Summer Insha Allah. I have being a silent reader for almost a year, preparing myself to understand the process and avoid any application mistakes.

I tried to apply for a Visitor VISA in 2011, but Nairobi offices rejected and said any passport claimed to be issued by Somali is invalid for Canada Travel. So they will issue Single Travel Journey Document (STJD) for anyone with no valid passport.

Nairobi is the slowest office worldwide 29 months, few months back it was like 31 months.
But if everything is straight forward application are done very well, with a strong proof of relationship then times shrinks to year.
Also it is highly recommended to pay all the fees upfront to avoid any delay later, the 1040 CAD.
Yeah CamelBoy, make SURE that everything is in that application, so that there many be no delays in the future.

So, pay it all upfront (I paid it online, on the day I was sending it, and I put the receipt into the application and sent it together)

Make sure you have all types of evidences to show that your relationship with your spouse is genuine (tons of pictures of not only the two of you, but you guys even with family, and you guys going out, etc), phone bills, plane tickets, etc etc.
Have enough evidence to feel that they will know 100% that it is all genuine.

Make sure you double check your applications before sending it, because if you forget to add anything, they will request for it later on and that will cause many delays

The more straightforward it is, the faster they will get through it - the faster you receive your PR

Also, on a side note, when putting all the applications together; do not staple the papers (use paperclips, or something of that sort), make sure it is all organized and they are put into specific groups (with title page and table of contents on it)

Make it easy for them to get through it, you get me? :p

These are just some ideas, and some things I got out of this forum. it is very easy to do, and insha Allah, it will all go well

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Kuudir2 said:
Yeah CamelBoy, make SURE that everything is in that application, so that there many be no delays in the future.

So, pay it all upfront (I paid it online, on the day I was sending it, and I put the receipt into the application and sent it together)

Make sure you have all types of evidences to show that your relationship with your spouse is genuine (tons of pictures of not only the two of you, but you guys even with family, and you guys going out, etc), phone bills, plane tickets, etc etc.
Have enough evidence to feel that they will know 100% that it is all genuine.

Make sure you double check your applications before sending it, because if you forget to add anything, they will request for it later on and that will cause many delays

The more straightforward it is, the faster they will get through it - the faster you receive your PR

Also, on a side note, when putting all the applications together; do not staple the papers (use paperclips, or something of that sort), make sure it is all organized and they are put into specific groups (with title page and table of contents on it)

Make it easy for them to get through it, you get me? :p

These are just some ideas, and some things I got out of this forum. it is very easy to do, and insha Allah, it will all go well
Thanks Kuudir for all your tips , Insha Allah will stay in touch together on this Thread.
Hope everything goes well for all of us. Amin

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Hi princessa

My biggest worries for my application is that , how the Nairobi office is going to communicate with me, I am based in Somalia and there is no existing postal system here since 1991. The only way I can receive is through DHL. If they send everything (notifications and requests) via email then I would be happy with it, but In the application forms they say like if you enter an email all correspondence will go to to your email, although many applicants from different offices reported that Canadian High Commission are still sending forms and questionnaires to applicants postal mail address.

So based on your experience of your application, how often do they communicate to your email? how about the mail? what have you received so far in the mail?

princessa

Feb 10, 2013
Hey Camelboy

Nairobi VO has not yet communicated with me via email. They have only sent me a questionnaire and that was via mail. I think the only time they usually send things by mail is when they need you to fill out forms and return to them.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
princessa said:
Hey Camelboy

Nairobi VO has not yet communicated with me via email. They have only sent me a questionnaire and that was via mail. I think the only time they usually send things by mail is when they need you to fill out forms and return to them.
Thank you very much Princessa

From my understanding , your husband is using your Canadian address as his mailing address is that correct? or is he using a Nairobi P O BOX or physical address?

Also when i was asking whether they send any email to you , I meant, to your husband's email, because Nairobi office is responsible for the sponsored person part of the application, while your part is completed at MISS.
Once again thanks for sharing your experience.

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Hey everyone,

So I have received an email today from CIC

And things have changed... I got my SA today but my visa office has been changed from Cairo to Nairobi

I did not expect that to happen since my husband has been living in Cairo for over 10 years but it has, and I think it was due to the fact that he has a Somali passport

So, those of you who's visa office is Nairobi, can you please tell me if you had to anything in addition to sending in the files?
Did they expect anything extra from you all? Like an extra application?

Thanks

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Kuudir2 said:
Hey everyone,

So I have received an email today from CIC

And things have changed... I got my SA today but my visa office has been changed from Cairo to Nairobi

I did not expect that to happen since my husband has been living in Cairo for over 10 years but it has, and I think it was due to the fact that he has a Somali passport

So, those of you who's visa office is Nairobi, can you please tell me if you had to anything in addition to sending in the files?
Did they expect anything extra from you all? Like an extra application?

Thanks
Hi Kuudir2

Is your husband a permanent resident in Cairo such as work permit or a student visa with a validity of at least 1 year, if not then that could be the main reason why the transferred to Nairobi office, and is not due to to his Somali passport.

As far as I know there are no additional files, princessa mentioned in a previous post that CIC have sent a security questionnaire, asking the applicant whether he/she was part of military, Siad Barre's regime ...etc

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Camelboy said:
Hi Kuudir2

Is your husband a permanent resident in Cairo such as work permit or a student visa with a validity of at least 1 year, if not then that could be the main reason why the transferred to Nairobi office, and is not due to to his Somali passport.

As far as I know there are no additional files, princessa mentioned in a previous post that CIC have sent a security questionnaire, asking the applicant whether he/she was part of military, Siad Barre's regime ...etc
No he currently doesn't hold the permanent residence in Cairo, but after speaking with him regarding this issue, he told me that he has seen many situations similar to ours and it worked out successfully for the people.

Now I am very iffy about this situation. I have called them yesterday morning and they told me to write to the CIC-Mississauga and further inquire about this. It might have been a mistake on their part.

hamdimahad

Oct 1, 2013
CAN ANYONE HELP. i am sponsored by my brother in ontario. i might have fill the somali questionnaire wrongly, i did sent it long time ago. what can i do? IS anyone having an example of the somali questionnaire here so i can see it... tks !!!

Millertimez

Jun 12, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hello everyone,

Good to see our people helping each other in this forum. I'm a Canadian citizen who recently married my American wife from Minnesota last month. We are in the process of gathering all the documentation and inshallah hope to submit our application sometime in November. Just waiting for the FBI police certificate to return.

All the best luck to everyone.

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Millertimez said:
Hello everyone,

Good to see our people helping each other in this forum. I'm a Canadian citizen who recently married my American wife from Minnesota last month. We are in the process of gathering all the documentation and inshallah hope to submit our application sometime in November. Just waiting for the FBI police certificate to return.

All the best luck to everyone.
Hello to you too Millertimez,

I hope it all goes well for you as well inshallah! Everyone on this forum is on the same boat; all of us are trying to bring in a loved one to Canada.
I pray it runs by smoothly.

Good luck,
Kuudir2

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Hey Kudir

how is it going?
Still working on my application, it is almost done, will ship it early Nov.

Regards

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Camelboy said:
Hey Kudir

how is it going?
Still working on my application, it is almost done, will ship it early Nov.

Regards
Hey CamelBoy,

Good luck with all the apps. We sent in ours on February of this year and still waiting for a response.

And ever since several months ago when this strike began things got a bit slow... not to mention the fact that the Cairo office was already tied up because of the protesting that was happeneing :(

Still nothing new to come out of it all. But I am praying that this whole thing works itself out by the end of this year (INSHALLAH!!!)

Hows everything for you? Everything almost there :p .. The stress of it will be over the minute you send it away. Trust me, it will be like a weight lifted off your chest :D