+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Somali Applicants let's connect

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Thanks Princessa, I guess you are the sponsor and the applicant is your husband, so is he based in Nairobi or Somalia?
Are you guys Somalis?
Sorry for the thousands of questions

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
hey guys,

Am I happy to finally see people of my race on this forum!

I am Somali (alhamdullilah for tht) and I am sponsoring my husband, who is now residing in Cairo, Egypt
I, myself, live in Toronto, Ontario and am a Canadian citizen by birth.

We recently began this whole immigration process, and I am praying it all goes well for us (insha Allah)

I sent in my app February 12, 2013
They received it February 15, 2013
I got my AOR on the 28th of February

And that's about it so far.
Our Visa Office is Cairo

How has your processes gone?

Salam

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
hi kuudir,

welcome to this group.....glad to see more somalis joining this thread,

i recently got our PR visa,insha ALLAH i am planning to land in toronto along with my wife and kid, afterword we heading to Calgary insha ALLAH, the thing is we dont know anybody there,so i am trying to plan carefuly for our daily life there like finding suitable accomodation,shopping, etc.......so hope u got some advises for a new somali immigrant to new a content?.....how is the somali community in calgary......i read from the net the rate of crimes against somalis is higher in alberta than in ontario, is that true?

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
ramzy2277 said:
hi kuudir,

welcome to this group.....glad to see more somalis joining this thread,

i recently got our PR visa,insha ALLAH i am planning to land in toronto along with my wife and kid, afterword we heading to Calgary insha ALLAH, the thing is we dont know anybody there,so i am trying to plan carefuly for our daily life there like finding suitable accomodation,shopping, etc.......so hope u got some advises for a new somali immigrant to new a content?.....how is the somali community in calgary......i read from the net the rate of crimes against somalis is higher in alberta than in ontario, is that true?
Salam Ramzy,

Masha Allah!! I am very happy to hear you have received your PR.

There is a very large Somali community here in Toronto, and I know that because I have been living here my whole life

About Calgary, I don't know much about Calgary, but I know they have some families there too...

My father is actually working in Fort McMurray, Alberta. (I think 5 hours to Edmonton)

I do apologize that I am of no help when it comes to Calgary, but I will look into it for you insha Allah.

For now, Toronto I am sure you will be fine insha Allah.

Aniga, for now I am studying in a university in Hamilton, Ontario (about an hour from Toronto).

When are you planning on heading to Canada, insha Allah?

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
ramzy2277 said:
i read from the net the rate of crimes against somalis is higher in alberta than in ontario, is that true?
I think the situation there is different, I believe its the youth of that community that may be causing problems..?

I haven't heard anything of families being harmed in Alberta...

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
thanks for ur nice words,and insha ALLAH ur process will end up the way u want ,

insha ALLAH we r planning to come by mid of May,first we will land in toronto and will stay for a 3 to 5 days then head to calgary.......the reason i choosed calgary than tornoto is they have more jobs there......and the health insurance is from day one....so those factors really changed my mind to head for calgary insha ALLAH,but lets see.....maybe i got attached to torornto.....after landing.

regards

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Welcome to the Forum Kuudir,

Glad to see you here on this thread.

I am future applicant and my spouse is in Canada, so still I didn't apply but want to familiarize myself on this difficult process.

Is your spouse also a Somali? is he holding a Somali passport?

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Camelboy?

I am starting to suspect you for a cid?

Man wats with your personal questions?

The idea is to share visa process experience among somalis not have our private live exposed on public...
So stop askng such personal questions.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
ramzy2277 said:
thanks for ur nice words,and insha ALLAH ur process will end up the way u want ,

insha ALLAH we r planning to come by mid of May,first we will land in toronto and will stay for a 3 to 5 days then head to calgary.......the reason i choosed calgary than tornoto is they have more jobs there......and the health insurance is from day one....so those factors really changed my mind to head for calgary insha ALLAH,but lets see.....maybe i got attached to torornto.....after landing.

regards
Actually Greater Toronto area has more jobs and they have a larger job basket than those smaller cities, but the competition is harder, while at those cities like Calgary there are less people and competition is less. Also Alberta has a slightly higher weekly wages than the rest of the provinces and this is due to the strong economy of the oil.

Also it depends on the type of job you are looking for. For example if your field is Computing then they are more in Montreal and Toronto suburbs such as Markham, Brampton ...etc.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
ramzy2277 said:
Camelboy?

The idea is to share visa process experience among somalis not have our private live exposed on public...
Calm down and Relax ramzy2277,

I am not what you think, the main idea of this forum is to share experience and ideas, and these are not personal questions.
I am just looking for some one whom i share my situation some one who aslo holds a Somali passport and see what their experience is .
Beside no one is exposing here their personal profiles, no one really knows who Kudiir , Ramzy or Camelboy is. So does it really matter if i say what passport you hold? I don't think so.

Waryaahee shaydaanka iska naar ninkaygya CID iyo cidkale toona shaqo kuma lihii eh. Ilaahay igama dhigee.

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Camelboy said:
Welcome to the Forum Kuudir,

Glad to see you here on this thread.

I am future applicant and my spouse is in Canada, so still I didn't apply but want to familiarize myself on this difficult process.

Is your spouse also a Somali? is he holding a Somali passport?
Salam Camelboy!

You are very lucky to have found this forum before you began your process, unfortunately I didn't find until after I have sent in my application.
And when I did find it, I found that all the people on here were very organized!!
Anytime you have any questions, you will get a lot of help from the people on here, so you need not worry :)

My husband is also Somali, and he is indeed holding a Somali Passport.
But he was in Egypt for the past 10 years (initially travelled there to study at university) so, we decided to sponsor him from there

Are you and your spouse both in Canada? Will it be an in-land sponsorship?

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
ramzy2277 said:

regards
Allah make it all easy for you!

Good idea to come to Toronto first, maybe you may find yourself liking it here! Who knows! :)

It is a very large and welcoming community here, so you will definitely find someone to help you through all this.
Insha Allah khayr.

ramzy2277 said:
Camelboy?

Ramzy, it is not personal, don't worry about it insha Allah

We are all here to support each other, and help one another with their processes/applications.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Wa alaikuma salaam Kuudir2 and thanks for your detailed info.

I am applying outlandish, My spouse-to-be lives at Capital City, and I am applying with a Somali passport at Nairobi Office, this Summer Insha Allah. I have being a silent reader for almost a year, preparing myself to understand the process and avoid any application mistakes.

I tried to apply for a Visitor VISA in 2011, but Nairobi offices rejected and said any passport claimed to be issued by Somali is invalid for Canada Travel. So they will issue Single Travel Journey Document (STJD) for anyone with no valid passport.

Nairobi is the slowest office worldwide 29 months, few months back it was like 31 months.
But if everything is straight forward application are done very well, with a strong proof of relationship then times shrinks to year.
Also it is highly recommended to pay all the fees upfront to avoid any delay later, the 1040 CAD.