Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
danya102 said:
Salams,

I applied for my visit visa on Jun 3rd 2016 thru paper application via the Karachi office.

On checking my status through the website with the tracking ID provided i got a message that the processed passport has been fwded to the Isb office on 6th June 2016.

I dont understand this message, since 3rd June was Friday and 6th June was Monday..so as per the message did they actually process my passport on the weekend?

Please let me know what this means?
Too anxious!

Jazakallah!
WS,

It simply means they forwarded your application and passport to visa office. There isn't much with "processed" beyond checking that basics are completed. So you can take it as "application received by embassy", nothing more

danya102

Jun 18, 2016
fkl said:
WS,

It simply means they forwarded your application and passport to visa office. There isn't much with "processed" beyond checking that basics are completed. So you can take it as "application received by embassy", nothing more
Thank you so much for your prompt response!!!
That means i still have some hope! Just hoping and praying that the processing time is reduced!

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Jzk

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
zeeshanamin said:
Hello sir..
i want to ask you..if i get job there in canada..or eny person Offer us to work here in Canada..So all responsibility take for us i mean for who going Canada..
i want to ask you..they Can take responce like that only just......
reply me..Sir
Have a Good day. . .
It's very hard to deduce a proper meaning out of your sentences, but here is an attempt.

You would like to know (as per my understanding)

a) Can ANY one from Canada offer a job to a non Canadian?
The answer is No. There is a pretty strict criteria for an employer to convince Immigration Canada that they needed a person for a particular role, and they couldn't find him in Canada. That person exists some where else (you) and they wish to sponsor this Candidate. This is simplest explanation of this process. Some times it works (rather used to work) for low end jobs (cooks, restaurant managers, language translators etc.), but that is not the case any more. Government wants to ensure you are not taking away jobs from Canadians.

b) Assuming an employer can offer a job to a foreign national, will all immigration process be handled by the employer - OR by the employee (Applicant i.e. you)?
The answer is that there are two phases.
First is called LMIA (labor market approval) which an employer needs to obtain for an employee for a specific duration from Government. Employer applies to government and submits an applicant's profile. If they meet all the requirements, government might approve an LMIA. Then that LMIA is provided to future employee who submits work permit application in his home country / nearest embassy along with LMIA. The application can be refused at either of these stages. But the employee is not involved in obtaining LMIA.

Of course, there do exists situations in which LMIA is not required, but those are limited and probably won't apply here (e.g. a post doc researcher at a university in a particular field, some one with a spouse in Canada who is working on an LMIA based work permit (skilled job only), some one with a Canadian university degree etc.)

mmian

Jan 6, 2010
Applying for Visitor Visit for Cousin need help!!

Hi,

Please advise how I should apply for a visitor visa for my cousin she is 25. She is currently working her whole family lives in Pakistan( they have no plans of ever leaving pakistan as they don't even have passports). I need her to come here for 6 months and help me with my kids, I am currently on maternity leave and have to go back to work in September. I don't want to send my daughter to daycare as I believe she is too young. What kind of supporting documents do I need for my cousin? What should I include in the invitation letter?

Please help!!

Aseer

Apr 1, 2016
Hi friends,

I have received original passport request for TRV and submitted the same on 27th June. Received passport dispatch confirmation email on 28th june,from VFS DUBAI.

My question is that should i be relaxed that now visa will be stamped or still chance of rejection in ON ?

By the way how long usually they take in order to return the pasport?

danya102

Jun 18, 2016
Salams,

Just checked the processing timeline for TRV and it says 52 working days :'(

Initially it was 40 working days..dont know why the time lines have increased! :(

Hafsa

Jan 4, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all experts

My family is living in BC, Vancouver as a Canadian citizen.. me and my wife with two kids live in Pakistan, Karachi. I want to apply for visit visa .. what are the chances to get the approval and please guide me the actual and fast process..

Faizan Ahmed..

obee

Jul 16, 2016
I found the forum to be very helpful and so I am posting my experience in case some one finds the information useful:

Background:
--------------------------------
Graduate student in the US, spouse is a Canadian citizen
May 2015 - Applied for TRV. Was informed that my PR status (from 15 years ago) was still active and I either had to renounce my status to continue the application or apply for a PRTD. I chose to not take any action at the end and figure out my options. As my spouse is a canadian citizen I wanted to keep the future option of residing in Canada open. TRV Denied for failure to either renounce or withdraw application and apply for PRTD.
March 2016 - Applied for PRTD. Didn't have much of a chance as I hadn't visited in 15 years but decided to try applying anyways. PRTD rejected
May 2016 - Applied for a TRV two weeks after my PRTD was rejected. The time to appeal the PRTD decision had not passed but in my letter for the TRV I mentioned that I accept the PRTD decision and do not want to appeal it in any way

Applied For: Visitor Visa
-------------------------------------------------------
May 25 2016 - Online application submitted
May 25 2016 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
May 25 2016 - Submission Confirmation
- Received 2-3 emails with the subject "Your application has been updated" but no activity in CIC account
June 29 2016 – Biometrics request letter
June 30 2016 – Biometrics taken at the USCIS Application Support Center in Detroit
July 4 2016 - Original Passport request letter received

July 5 2016 - Original Passport and prepaid USPS Priority Express Airway mail sent to VAC NYC (Carrier:FedEx)
July 5 2016 - Money Order for VAC sent to VAC Lockbox Philadelphia,PA (Carrier:USPS Priority)
July 7 2016 - FedEx showing Passport had been delivered
July 7 2016 - USPS showing money order had been delivered
July 8 2016 - Application received by VAC
- For some reason I never got the confirmation email from the VAC. I called them on the 11th of July and was
- informed that they had received my passport and they gave me the tracking number over the phone.
July 11 2016 - VAC status changed to: Passport in transit to Visa Office
July 11 2016 - VAC Status changed to "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"
July 12 2016 - CIC status changed to Closed/Approved.
July 12 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC"
July 13 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC”
July 14 2016 - USPS Tracking Activated (prepaid USPS Priority Express)
July 16 2016 - USPS Delivered. Received Passport with Multiple Entry Visa valid until expiry on my passport

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hafsa said:
Dear all experts

My family is living in BC, Vancouver as a Canadian citizen.. me and my wife with two kids live in Pakistan, Karachi. I want to apply for visit visa .. what are the chances to get the approval and please guide me the actual and fast process..

Faizan Ahmed..
Chances aren't really high since visitor visa requests are crammed with CIC's concerns (rightfully so) of illegal stay. When you have a blood relative in Canada (not sure who you implied by family - normally family is only considered to be spouse and children which live with you in Pakistan).

So unless you have a strong basis for returning to Pakistan, plus a genuine reason for visitor trip (if you say visiting family - it probably would require a significant past travel history to several other countries too), a visit visa application will likely be refused.

Of course things might be different if you travel to most western countries often for work or pleasure.

But having a blood relative in Canada mainly might be helpful with getting permanent residence sponsorship. However, it is of no help for a visitor visa application.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@obee - thanks for adding that info +1. That is certainly valuable and interesting given your circumstances.

So CIC wanted to certify that your PR status is revoked before allowing you in as a visitor, and this closes Canada's doors for you as a PR.

Aseer

Apr 1, 2016
Greetings,

Finally, I have got my TRV :)

It is multiple and valid until 2019. My question is now I want to apply for my wife and 3 kids, how possibly would i get the TRV visas for my family since I have already got it ?

rrhhdd

Oct 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2014
Doc's Request.
June 10, 2014
AOR Received.
July 02, 2014
File Transfer...
August 25, 2014
Med's Request
April 23, 2015
Med's Done....
May 06, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jul 14, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
AOA all members. I want to apply visit visa for my parents-in-law. I have few questions if someone can answer that would be great.

1. What is better way to apply in paper or online? which is fastest?
2. How to apply multiple entry visa? I did not find anything on forms that state single or multiple entry. Even if on fee from it is written in brackets single or multiple entry.
3. Should we need to pay fee upfront and then apply?
4. How and where biometric will be done? They live in lahore.
5. In form imm 5257e there is one question funds available for my stay CAD. For this point i have 2 questions i) As my father and mother in law both are applying should they mention same amount in their forms or they should divide total amount for each. For instance if they have cad 10000 for their stay, both should mention 10000 or 5000? ii) Should they mention all the amount they have in their bank account as funds available for stay or they should only mention the amount they intended to spend?

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
alijumani said:
In my parents visit visa case. My dad submitted his and my mom's passport at vfs karachi for stamping on May 04, 2016 and picked up the passports duly stamped on May 19, 2016. Hope this helps.

Was his your parent's First time submission for a TRV or they have been to Canada in the past as well.

srz2016

Jun 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-May-2016
Salam everyone,

I am going to apply for visitor visa of my parents. What should i write in Funds available, is it the total money in their bank account or are these the funds they plan to spend in Canada?

Form Question: Funds available for my stay

Instruction guide says :Type the amount of funds (money) in Canadian dollars that you have available to you during your stay in Canada.