Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
Has anyone got a trv recently? Specially a spouse with PR in process!

dextroo

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
london
Visa Office......
London
hladha said:
Has anyone got a trv recently? Specially a spouse with PR in process!
Yes I applied on 04-Nov-13 and still waiting, got an email for "Proof of Marriage" on 04-Dec-13

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014 to London office
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
dextroo said:
Yes I applied on 04-Nov-13 and still waiting, got an email for "Proof of Marriage" on 04-Dec-13
I applied on the 20th nov and still no correspondence! I'm a bit worried! I hope they issue us both a visa v soon inshaAllah!!

dextroo

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
london
Visa Office......
London
hladha said:
I applied on the 20th nov and still no correspondence! I'm a bit worried! I hope they issue us both a visa v soon inshaAllah!!
I had applied earlier as well in Aug 13 but got rejected within 15 days.

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014 to London office
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
dextroo said:
I had applied earlier as well in Aug 13 but got rejected within 15 days.
Me too! I applied in sept and they rejected in 25 days. So I'm hoping and praying that they issue it this time!!please you too remember me in your dua'as. Thankyou!

dr.madiha

Mar 13, 2013
i m planing to visit canada on first week of jan..i have multiple visa
of 4 years.is it mandatory to purchase return ticket ???? my travel agent
is saying i cant go canada without return ticket

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
dr.madiha said:
i m planing to visit canada on first week of jan..i have multiple visa
of 4 years.is it mandatory to purchase return ticket ???? my travel agent
is saying i cant go canada without return ticket
If you are going on a visit visa, yes. Otherwise you are very likely to face trouble at both port of exit and entry. Even if you have 4 year valid multiple visa you cannot stay in a single visit for more than six months. This is not a long time for not getting a return ticket for.

ammar1987

Dec 14, 2013
Assalam Aluikum Everyone,

First of all i read this thread and it provides good information regarding TRV applications. It's a great effort put by individuals to guide people in the matter what to do and what not to do. I have a question of mine so let me discuss my scenario here.

I and my wife (canadian citizen) applied for Spouse Visa in the month of April 2011. My wife is studying in Canada and she come to Pakistan after every semester. Our application is in Islamabad CHC and it will take it's time. Now we will be having our first child and my wife delivery is expected in the month of April 2013 in Canada, InshaAllah. I want to apply for the visit visa so that i can be with my wife during the delivery period. I'm hoping that after the delivery i will stay there for a month or two and once child's passport is ready i with my family will come back to Pakistan. I work in Pakistan as a IT Consultant and i also have an employee. I have bank statements, Tax return and Wealth Statement under my name. Can someone answer my questions.
  • Shall i apply for Multiple Entry Visa or Single Entry transit visa? What are the odds of getting Multiple Entry and Single Entry visa?
  • I'm thinking to apply online for TRV. Let me know if it's better to apply online or to go the VAC for applying?
  • Anybody knows how to pay the fees online? Is it through online banking or by paying the fees at a particular location assigned by CIC?
  • I checked online application process and they also ask for the copy of Booked Ticket? Do we have to show a booked return ticket in our application?

Any help or recommendation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ammar

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ammar1987 said:

First of all i read this thread and it provides good information regarding TRV applications. It's a great effort put by individuals to guide people in the matter what to do and what not to do. I have a question of mine so let me discuss my scenario here.

I and my wife (canadian citizen) applied for Spouse Visa in the month of April 2011. My wife is studying in Canada and she come to Pakistan after every semester. Our application is in Islamabad CHC and it will take it's time. Now we will be having our first child and my wife delivery is expected in the month of April 2013 in Canada, InshaAllah. I want to apply for the visit visa so that i can be with my wife during the delivery period. I'm hoping that after the delivery i will stay there for a month or two and once child's passport is ready i with my family will come back to Pakistan. I work in Pakistan as a IT Consultant and i also have an employee. I have bank statements, Tax return and Wealth Statement under my name. Can someone answer my questions.
  • Shall i apply for Multiple Entry Visa or Single Entry transit visa? What are the odds of getting Multiple Entry and Single Entry visa?
  • I'm thinking to apply online for TRV. Let me know if it's better to apply online or to go the VAC for applying?
  • Anybody knows how to pay the fees online? Is it through online banking or by paying the fees at a particular location assigned by CIC?
  • I checked online application process and they also ask for the copy of Booked Ticket? Do we have to show a booked return ticket in our application?

Thanks,
Ammar
Walaikumassalam,

1) Generally speaking it is recommended to apply for a single entry visa when your intention is to visit once for a specific reason. It is also expected with better likelihood of approval as opposted to multiple entry.

2) Applying online is better and a little faster (may be by a margin of a week max) because it prevents the manual scanning and file creation effort done by CIC staff in case of paper Submission. Though i am not sure this holds since VAC has been added. One other advantage of online app is that you do not submit most of your originals where as in case of paper app, all your original docs would go along. This can be crucial if you need your original passport mean while or say original educational or other docs are lost by embassy (I have seen this happening to people with no liability to CIC)

3) The only way to pay fee for online application is via credit card though debit cards of some banks would work as well, such as scb in pakistan.

4) Yes, you should show a booked returned ticket. At the very least an itinerary that you would purchase latter. A clear intention of when to leave and when to return plays a significant role in getting a successful case. Also, return ticket is required by international law for travelling on any kind of visit visa.

ammar1987

Dec 14, 2013
fkl said:
Walaikumassalam,

1) Generally speaking it is recommended to apply for a single entry visa when your intention is to visit once for a specific reason. It is also expected with better likelihood of approval as opposted to multiple entry.

2) Applying online is better and a little faster (may be by a margin of a week max) because it prevents the manual scanning and file creation effort done by CIC staff in case of paper Submission. Though i am not sure this holds since VAC has been added. One other advantage of online app is that you do not submit most of your originals where as in case of paper app, all your original docs would go along. This can be crucial if you need your original passport mean while or say original educational or other docs are lost by embassy (I have seen this happening to people with no liability to CIC)

3) The only way to pay fee for online application is via credit card though debit cards of some banks would work as well, such as scb in pakistan.

4) Yes, you should show a booked returned ticket. At the very least an itinerary that you would purchase latter. A clear intention of when to leave and when to return plays a significant role in getting a successful case. Also, return ticket is required by international law for travelling on any kind of visit visa.
fkl,

Thanks for the advice. So it means i have to purchase the ticket before i apply online whether i got the visa or not. If this is the case then its a huge gamble i say. I have read cases of other people in this thread which are quite similar to mine and what i understand so far that it's very hard to convince the embassy that i will come back to Pakistan. I'm thinking to buy a refundable return ticket in case visa gets rejected so i can get some money back. I also have a plan to buy Tickets for my wife and child so that they can come back to Pakistan with me but i still have to solve the mystery of how i can purchase the ticket of my child since i don't have the information right now.

Thanks,
Ammar

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ammar1987 said:
fkl,

Thanks for the advice. So it means i have to purchase the ticket before i apply online whether i got the visa or not. If this is the case then its a huge gamble i say. I have read cases of other people in this thread which are quite similar to mine and what i understand so far that it's very hard to convince the embassy that i will come back to Pakistan. I'm thinking to buy a refundable return ticket in case visa gets rejected so i can get some money back. I also have a plan to buy Tickets for my wife and child so that they can come back to Pakistan with me but i still have to solve the mystery of how i can purchase the ticket of my child since i don't have the information right now.

Thanks,
Ammar
Ammar,

I wrote "itineray" which is not equivalent to a purchased ticket. It is just pre-booking you can do online in a few minutes without any cost. It just clearly shows when you intend to go and when to return precisely. You can just have a tentative booking and show it on document. What you mentioned above is pretty common and it is very rare that people actually purchase ticket BEFORE getting visa. Even CIC advises against it in particular when one is short on time.

For one, to tell you honestly, you have a pretty slim chance of success. CIC usually doesn't give visit visa to spouse of Canadian citizens / PR's because the intension of VISIT is generally assumed to be staying with family, for which the proper visa type is spousal sponsorship which takes 2+ years.

This thread is full of such refusals in the past. However, since you seem to have a strong profile over all showing TIES TO PAKISTAN, it is worth making a shot. In such a situation, a ticket might help since it CLEARLY shows you are serious about travelling at that time and RETURN on a given date.

Often travel agents issue cancellable tickets. I have known of cases where it is guaranteed cancel and would only cost you up to 5k or so in PKR.

Lastly the point i was actually emphasizing was RETURN ticket. Whenever you purchase a ticket, going on a visit visa, the international law is that you need to have return booked. Only study visas, PR or work permit ones are exempted.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
fkl said:
Ammar,

I wrote "itineray" which is not equivalent to a purchased ticket. It is just pre-booking you can do online in a few minutes without any cost. It just clearly shows when you intend to go and when to return precisely. You can just have a tentative booking and show it on document. What you mentioned above is pretty common and it is very rare that people actually purchase ticket BEFORE getting visa. Even CIC advises against it in particular when one is short on time.

For one, to tell you honestly, you have a pretty slim chance of success. CIC usually doesn't give visit visa to spouse of Canadian citizens / PR's because the intension of VISIT is generally assumed to be staying with family, for which the proper visa type is spousal sponsorship which takes 2+ years.

This thread is full of such refusals in the past. However, since you seem to have a strong profile over all showing TIES TO PAKISTAN, it is worth making a shot. In such a situation, a ticket might help since it CLEARLY shows you are serious about travelling at that time and RETURN on a given date.

Often travel agents issue cancellable tickets. I have known of cases where it is guaranteed cancel and would only cost you up to 5k or so in PKR.

Lastly the point i was actually emphasizing was RETURN ticket. Whenever you purchase a ticket, going on a visit visa, the international law is that you need to have return booked. Only study visas, PR or work permit ones are exempted.
Additionally, child birth is NOT at all considered a reason for which CIC would allow a husband to be along. They feel it is perfectly okay for a spouse to get it done on her own in Canada. Many many people get refusals citing "Purpose of visit" as a reason.

Lastly, your child Insha Allah as intended, would be born in Canada. So you can only buy tickets after getting passport and other stuff for him/her.

ASyed

Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
File Transfer...
ISL April 2013 then LON May 2014 add doc req May 2014 now PPR1 req April 2015
Med's Request
April 21 2015
Interview........
June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED VISA on June 22 2015
fkl said:
Additionally, child birth is NOT at all considered a reason for which CIC would allow a husband to be along. They feel it is perfectly okay for a spouse to get it done on her own in Canada. Many many people get refusals citing "Purpose of visit" as a reason.

Lastly, your child Insha Allah as intended, would be born in Canada. So you can only buy tickets after getting passport and other stuff for him/her.
Asslamualikum Ammar,

I agree with fkl child birth is not an important reason for CIC to issue a visitor visa. As I went through this situation I applied for a visitor visa last year and I focused most of my application on my preganancy and how important it was for me to have my husband by my side during the delivery. Unfortunatly we were refused the visitor visa. It was as if the officer did'nt even read my application. But in sha allah I will make dua you get visa.

Don't emphasize too much about the pregnancy just convince them that you will return to PK.

ASyed :)

dextroo

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
london
Visa Office......
London
Hi,

Exactly same case as yours. i applied in Aug 13 and got rejected within 15 days(for more details u can refer to my old posts on previous pages). but i re-applied again on 04Nov13 and still waiting for reply. one positive was that they asked for "Proof of marriage" on 05Dec13. Remaining point wise answer to your questions is as follows:
- single
- i applied on paper. one advantage of applying through paper is that when u goto submit your docs at visa application center they re-check all the application forms etc,while online u wont have that advantage.
- online through Credit card i guess not sure.
- i never gave the booked ticket. I only wrote my trip dates on the application form where they asked for.

ammar1987 said:

Thanks,
Ammar

usman.ahmad3

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Hello,
I have got admission in doctoral program on a scholarship.I need to know what should i do in my current situation if i intend to have my spouse with me in Canada?

What is the most preferred way to apply for a TRV of spouse?

1. Should the principal applicant (I) make a complete package of application containing his own study permit application along with TRV application?
2. Or principal applicant must apply alone and once entering Canada, he should ask his spouse to apply for a TRV? and after how much time my spouse can apply for TRV?
what are the visa acceptance and rejection chances in both the cases? Will it make any difference in the first case of submitting both applications at the same time?