+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL H-1B HOLDERS IN U.S. LET'S CONNECT HERE WHO WANTS CANADIAN PR/CITIZENSHIP

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
RashmiRaghu said:
Hi All,

I am working in US on my H1B visa.
My husband is working in Canada and I want to relocate to Canada.
I have already applied for open work permit visa. Its been almost 2 months but no update on the application.
And I want to relocate in the end of Feb.
I have got job offer from one of well known company recently. By then I had applied for my visa.
Is there by any way I can expedite my visa to Canada so that I can travel in end of Feb.

Your answers helps me a lot.

Thanks in advance
Hi Rashmi. It's unlikely. Expedite requests usually end up causing more delay. If you are independently eligible (are young, have advanced degrees, work ex, etc..), then you can try filing your own PR application (this will take ~ 6 months after acceptance)

sreya_nambiar

Feb 1, 2017
Hi ,
I am an H1b holder with Indian citizenship ,who has been working in US for past 3 years as Software engineer.
Can you please let me know what is the procedure to apply for PR in Canada ?

Will i need something to be done for which i will have to go to india (Like getting the transripts from my University) or can all the process be done by staying here in US ?

Any help over this query is very much appriciated

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
deadbird said:
Can anyone decode what this company is offering? - https://www.thetruenorth.me/

Have they found some loophole around the US/Canadian immigration or is this merely filing for Work permit/LMIA?
IMHO it's a cleverly worded scam. Read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/transferees/requirements.asp

Not exactly a long established domain. 2 months old. http://whois.domaintools.com/thetruenorth.me

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
sreya_nambiar said:
Hi ,
I am an H1b holder with Indian citizenship ,who has been working in US for past 3 years as Software engineer.

Will i need something to be done for which i will have to go to india (Like getting the transripts from my University) or can all the process be done by staying here in US ?

Hi Sreya

Congratulations on your decision to move to Canada. Please do your due diligence and read the sticky threads on this forum. The keywords are - Express Entry, Federal Skilled Worker, Comprehensive Ranking System. You can also google for the same.

Good luck!

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
sreya_nambiar said:
Hi ,

I am an exH1B now in Canada, did not get a PR yet, but I am in Quebec on a temporary work permit. Hoping to get CSQ and PR after that.

I can help you with:

1. The process of getting University transcripts from India while being in US for your education credential evaluation.
2. Getting FBI PCC in US. Note that for Non GreenCard holders, the FBI PCC process is longer and different.

RocketCity

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
U062
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Nomination.....
26-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-05-2014
Med's Request
09-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
RPRF Request 02-03-2015, PPR Request 10-03-2015
FYI for another data point:

My green card is pending, but I was previously on H-1B. I applied via the QSW route, and got Canadian PR. I have until May 2018 to see if I want to make the US or Canada my permanent home.

dazednconfused

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
On H1b in US for 3 years now. Starting my CEC process - awaiting WES to send me ECA after which I will submit my profile. Keeping fingers crossed.

Summerin69

Mar 30, 2015
Hi All,

I am an electrical and electronics engineer with 12yrs of experience with a designation of software engineer(network testing).I am living in the USA on a H1-B since 2014.

Does anyone applied under the above category,if yes,under what category id should I apply?
Is it necessary that I get work experience letter from the previous companies with relevant description?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Summerin69 said:
Hi All,

I am an electrical and electronics engineer with 12yrs of experience with a designation of software engineer(network testing).I am living in the USA on a H1-B since 2014.

Does anyone applied under the above category,if yes,under what category id should I apply?
Is it necessary that I get work experience letter from the previous companies with relevant description?
Congratulations on your decision to move to Canada. Please do your due diligence and read the sticky threads on this forum. The keywords are - Express Entry, Federal Skilled Worker, Comprehensive Ranking System. You can also google for the same.
Good luck!

pj2129

Feb 9, 2017
Hi All,

Me and my wife work in US on H1B ( from India ) for a company for almost 6 years. Both have degrees and looking to find Job / PR in Canada. My current employer also want to sponsor for GC in US but due to recent immigration situations, i am angling more towards Canada.

Do i need to hire an Immigration lawyer/ services for PR process or should i go with the Canada Immigration website instructions?

Also, we have degrees in Pharmaceutical/Chemistry, does this field have any scope in Canada?

Thanks in advance for any help. glad i found this Forum. :D

P.S- Is it really very cold out there in Canada, i am near Chicago :(

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
pj2129 said:
Hi All,

Me and my wife work in US on H1B ( from India ) for a company for almost 6 years. Both have degrees and looking to find Job / PR in Canada. My current employer also want to sponsor for GC in US but due to recent immigration situations, i am angling more towards Canada.

Do i need to hire an Immigration lawyer/ services for PR process or should i go with the Canada Immigration website instructions?
There is no need to hire an immigration lawyer. The process is pretty straightforward and DIY. But it does need a non-trivial time investment to do the research and the due diligence. This forum is extremely helpful in this regard. I did my own application and got an approval in about 6 months.

Also, we have degrees in Pharmaceutical/Chemistry, does this field have any scope in Canada?
You will need to do your research. Generally, there are many more jobs and better opportunities in the US. However, you don't need to immediately move to Canada even after you get approved. You can wait for about 3 years. During this time, you can constantly look for jobs in Canada and travel there for interviews if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help. glad i found this Forum. :D

P.S- Is it really very cold out there in Canada, i am near Chicago :(
Ontario is kind of similar to Chicago. British columbia is warmer and similar to Seattle. Calgary and Edmonton are generally colder. But nothing you can't handle after living in the windy city.

pj2129

Feb 9, 2017
Thank you deadbird. Much appreciated the quick reply.

I realize opportunities are better in US but after all that has transpired in last year or so, and with all the norms changing in US immigration , also the Green card process can take up to a decade to finish, maybe even more. Also, as a pharmacist , me and my wife can find a better job in Canada as Canadian govt. recently issued demand for pharmacy professionals. Things are alrite at the moment but we need more stable life. Also, since age is also critical in the PR process, this is probably the best time to consider the Canadian Dream :)

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
pj2129 said:
Thank you deadbird. Much appreciated the quick reply.

I realize opportunities are better in US but after all that has transpired in last year or so, and with all the norms changing in US immigration , also the Green card process can take up to a decade to finish, maybe even more. Also, as a pharmacist , me and my wife can find a better job in Canada as Canadian govt. recently issued demand for pharmacy professionals. Things are alrite at the moment but we need more stable life. Also, since age is also critical in the PR process, this is probably the best time to consider the Canadian Dream :)
Yes, but life can be pretty difficult if you show up without planning. See here for some helpful advice - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/this-is-how-you-succeed-in-canada-t29170.0.html

jgooner22

Sep 16, 2013
Might be a naive question, but - are express entry and federal skilled worker program the same thing? Or, do you need a job offer from a Canadian company to apply under the FSW program? Thanks.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
jgooner22 said:
Might be a naive question, but - are express entry and federal skilled worker program the same thing? Or, do you need a job offer from a Canadian company to apply under the FSW program? Thanks.
Federal skilled worker is a subset of the express entry scheme. There is no need for a job offer, but having a job offer may offer you some extra points which will help in selection.