+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL H-1B HOLDERS IN U.S. LET'S CONNECT HERE WHO WANTS CANADIAN PR/CITIZENSHIP

jgooner22

Sep 16, 2013
deadbird said:
Federal skilled worker is a subset of the express entry scheme. There is no need for a job offer, but having a job offer may offer you some extra points which will help in selection.
Thanks for the reply. Also, could you please tell me how the EE program is different than the provincial program? Do we need to apply for provincial programs separately along with the EE? Thank you.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
jgooner22 said:
Thanks for the reply. Also, could you please tell me how the EE program is different than the provincial program? Do we need to apply for provincial programs separately along with the EE? Thank you.
This is where you get a cup of coffee and read through the sticky threads in the forum. Good luck!

abczyx

Mar 1, 2017
Hello All,

I have been in the US for the past 9+years. Completed my master's in 09 and since then am into IT field as System analyst. My overall IELTS is 6.5 (R:6,W:6,L:5.5,S:7.5). Please suggest what are my options for immigration to Canada. Is there any good lawyer who can process my PR ? with this score and IT experience.

Any suggestion would be helpful. Please.

Thanks
j

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abczyx said:
Hello All,

I have been in the US for the past 9+years. Completed my master's in 09 and since then am into IT field as System analyst. My overall IELTS is 6.5 (R:6,W:6,L:5.5,S:7.5). Please suggest what are my options for immigration to Canada. Is there any good lawyer who can process my PR ? with this score and IT experience.

Thanks
j
A lawyer cannot increase your points for you. Canada is not like US where a good lawyer makes a difference. You either have enough points or you don't. If you want more points, score more in IELTS next time.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
abczyx said:
Hello All,

Thanks
j
ht7@ is right. You really do need to score more points in IELTS or TEF if you are better at French.

jgooner22

Sep 16, 2013
Could anyone give me an idea on how the salary differs b/w US and Canada? If you are making 100K in the bay area or NYC, what would be the equivalent salary in Toronto or Vancouver? I am talking about IT jobs specifically. Thanks.

usa17

Mar 2, 2017
All the people out there moving to canada is not at all good idea from states ,it is not at all good decision if u r in IT,
pharmacy doctors nurses they would do better ,if IT people comes to canada ,all you get is one percent peace of mind ,it is a village if you guys compare with USA,
we all come here for making money (one of the considerable fact ) Research does not work here ask people who is living here since only last three years or four do not ask who is living here for ever ,or even newbees ,, no no to canada lot to say coming soon rest ,,post your questions here
please do not abuse me who likes canada ,if i mention canada here canada job market and respective stratagies ,i like canada i like canadians in fact i love them ,but usa is where you see exceptional growth possibilities (it depends on hard work how smart you are ) ,,,,,,

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
jgooner22 said:
Could anyone give me an idea on how the salary differs b/w US and Canada? If you are making 100K in the bay area or NYC, what would be the equivalent salary in Toronto or Vancouver? I am talking about IT jobs specifically. Thanks.
My understanding is that you are typically underemployed and underpaid in the Canadian tech industry. A broad guess is that you would make something like 70K in canada and due to higher taxes would probably pay 10 - 15% more. Given that Vancouver has a similar cost of living to bay area/NYC your savings are likely to be around 50-60% of what you make right now.

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
fatani said:
Apply for OINP french skilled worker stream. You should receive PT of interest from them if you meet their criteria.
Tried this route...kinda confused about it...the site says "French-speaking skilled workers who have strong English language abilities and who want to live and work permanently in Ontario"..I dont speak french..could i still try for this route..i have given IELTS and i am awaiting results for now..

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
CanadianPRbeku said:
Tried this route...kinda confused about it...the site says "French-speaking skilled workers who have strong English language abilities and who want to live and work permanently in Ontario"..I dont speak french..could i still try for this route..i have given IELTS and i am awaiting results for now..
Not likely to work. The TEF is a notoriously hard exam. I tried it last year with a few months of prep and barely got any points. My guess is that it would take atleast 1 to 2 years of intense full time preparation.

I'd suggest improving your IELTS scores instead.

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
deadbird said:
Not likely to work. The TEF is a notoriously hard exam. I tried it last year with a few months of prep and barely got any points. My guess is that it would take atleast 1 to 2 years of intense full time preparation.

Thanks..gave IELTS on 4th March...waiting for results..hoping to land at between 440-450 and all will fall in place in one swift smooth move..lets see

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
deadbird said:

on another note..seems like you have managed to secure the PR and moved as well to canada..how much time did it take you from writing the ielts and landing..this is just to give me some idea

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
CanadianPRbeku said:
on another note..seems like you have managed to secure the PR and moved as well to canada..how much time did it take you from writing the ielts and landing..this is just to give me some idea
The details are there in my signature. To answer your question, approx 6 months.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
amitiemcal@gmail.com said:
Hi

I am on H1B ,please cuggest how can i start for Canada PR .
Search in this forum or on Google for "Express Entry" and "Federal Skilled Worker". There's plenty of relevant information on this forum, so please due your due diligence before posting followup questions.