+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All completed plus decision made

Alfario239

Nov 15, 2020
Dear members, I am wondering if anyone is in the same situation. On Mar.29 I saw an update in the tracker for Background, Eligibility to completed as well as a COPR number with an expiry date that is the same as the Medical . Same day I found on the eCAS under Application status has Decision Made and an email from IRCC for the Pre-Arrival Services. Since that time, I haven't heard anything. Please let me know if this is a good sign.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear members, I am wondering if anyone is in the same situation. On Mar.29 I saw an update in the tracker for Background, Eligibility to completed as well as a COPR number with an expiry date that is the same as the Medical . Same day I found on the eCAS under Application status has Decision Made and an email from IRCC for the Pre-Arrival Services. Since that time, I haven't heard anything. Please let me know if this is a good sign.
Clearly seems to be a very good sign. Congrats!

Reactions: Alfario239

Alfario239

Nov 15, 2020
Clearly seems to be a very good sign. Congrats!
Thank you so much for your rapid response. I have a concern related to the expiry date of the COPR and Medical, both documents will be expired on Late September 2023. Will IRCC consider this tight time and send the passport request soon or will they extend the expiry date? It is not convenient to find a ticket and get ready in just few months.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thank you so much for your rapid response. I have a concern related to the expiry date of the COPR and Medical, both documents will be expired on Late September 2023. Will IRCC consider this tight time and send the passport request soon or will they extend the expiry date? It is not convenient to find a ticket and get ready in just few months.
That is 5 months from now, if you can't make that time line you will have to request an extension via a web form.

Alfario239

Nov 15, 2020
That is 5 months from now, if you can't make that time line you will have to request an extension via a web form.
Thank you so much. I know it might be a repeated question, but I need to make sure that everything is OK. Should I consider generating a COPR# along with decision made in the tracker and receiving the Pre-Arrival letter as an approval for the application or I still I can get other required documents or PFL letter ? appreciate the feed back

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thank you so much. I know it might be a repeated question, but I need to make sure that everything is OK. Should I consider generating a COPR# along with decision made in the tracker and receiving the Pre-Arrival letter as an approval for the application or I still I can get other required documents or PFL letter ? appreciate the feed back
Pre-arrival letter means nothing officially. As mentioned it is a good sign your app is progressing but it's not approval. Until you get PPR and COPR you should not assume anything regardless of what it shows on your account, doubtful they would request more docs with what you have mentioned but anything is possible. You should seriously consider landing, even a soft landing before the expiry date. A medical extension is usually only considered in extraordinary circumstances, which I don't think, from what you have said will qualify. COPR can't be extended itself, a new one would have to be issued in conjunction with a new medical expiry date.

From what I have seen it can be 4-6 weeks before PPR from DM so hang tight for a bit, hopefully it will show up shortly.

Alfario239

Nov 15, 2020
Pre-arrival letter means nothing officially. As mentioned it is a good sign your app is progressing but it's not approval. Until you get PPR and COPR you should not assume anything regardless of what it shows on your account, doubtful they would request more docs with what you have mentioned but anything is possible. You should seriously consider landing, even a soft landing before the expiry date. A medical extension is usually only considered in extraordinary circumstances, which I don't think, from what you have said will qualify. COPR can't be extended itself, a new one would have to be issued in conjunction with a new medical expiry date.

From what I have seen it can be 4-6 weeks before PPR from DM so hang tight for a bit, hopefully it will show up shortly.
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. What do you mean by soft landing?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. What do you mean by soft landing?
You would travel to Canada where CBSA would process your paperwork, you would become a PR but you don't stay in Canada permanently at that time. Returning to your home country to finish your preparations for your permanent move to Canada.

Alfario239

Nov 15, 2020
You would travel to Canada where CBSA would process your paperwork, you would become a PR but you don't stay in Canada permanently at that time. Returning to your home country to finish your preparations for your permanent move to Canada.
Thank you so much for your rapid response and detailed information.

vicky0143

Feb 26, 2020
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-12-2019
Nomination.....
21-05-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
11-08-2020
Did you get any update yet? Same thing happened to me today

Alfario239

Nov 15, 2020
Ur

Ur timeline plz
Outland/paper base
Application Received: JUN.21, 2022
AOR/Sponsor Approval: Sep.08, 2022
Medical: Sept.15, 2022
Medical completed: Sept.21
Eligibility/Background/Decision Made/Pre-arrival letter/COPR number in the Tracker: March.28, 2023
Passport Request: May 04, 2023
Passport submitted May05, 2023
Still waiting to receive the passport and COPR

Reactions: he5ham