+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Bangladeshis going to Canada this Fall'2012 join here

huq

May 23, 2012
Alhamdulillah! Received my Visa on 6th August after over 2 months of waiting!! :D :p
Hope everyone gets their visas soon..!!

shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@scorpion, here are the details

It doesn't say anything on dates, it was originally for winter 2012, but i deferred it to fall 2012, , fall starts at sept 5, but in my visa application form, i filled my proposed study period from sept 5 to jan 2014 since fall ends at december and graduation will take place in January,

In the given financial statement page, just after " you must be prepared to spend ...", it has a statement written in bold that goes "a masters program normally requires two years of study" ; that's it

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shadh said:
@ scorpion, here are the details

It doesn't say anything on dates, it was originally for winter 2012, but i deferred it to fall 2012, , fall starts at sept 5, but in my visa application form, i filled my proposed study period from sept 5 to jan 2014 since fall ends at december and graduation will take place in January,

In the given financial statement page, just after " you must be prepared to spend ...", it has a statement written in bold that goes "a masters program normally requires two years of study" ; that's it
How many semesters did the college/university mention on the offer letter or on their website for this program? If it is four semesters, which is two years, that means fall 2012, winter & fall 2013 and winter 2014 semesters. How and why would you complete the program by December 2013? No worries and don't waste anymore time on it. Your first priority would be to come here safely and start the program.

sadmansoumik

May 8, 2012
scorpion_ca said:
When you submitted your application to VFS, I think they charged you around 4,000 for their service fee. I was wondering did they charge you more money when you submitted your passport or that 4,000 covers everything for your application.
Yes 4000BDT is all they charged at Wahab's Medical Centre. VFS didn't charge anything while resubmitting my Passport.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadmansoumik said:
Yes 4000BDT is all they charged at Wahab's Medical Centre. VFS didn't charge anything while resubmitting my Passport.
Thanks buddy. Best of luck in Canada.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of my friends apply for visa and got the following email from SVO-

Email Subject - VFS Response Mail
Dear Applicant,
Your processed visa application ref no. has been released by the Canadian High Commission Singapore to Dhaka Operation Centre. Please do NOT reply to this auto-generated e-mail. In case of any query contact our Help lines at +88 02-8836055 between (Sunday -Thursday) 1000 hrs to 1300 hrs and 1400 hrs to 1600 hrs. (except holidays)

His file was received by SVO on July 15, 2012. Is this is good news or bad news? I was wondering how long it will take to receive from VFS.

shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ scorpion ,ottawa university charges me per semester enrollment. the m.eng program is just course based and i only have to take 10 courses..... if i finish it by 3 semesters by taking 4 courses in fall (the easier subjects are here), then 3 in the rest of the two, i will pay for 3 semesters and get the degree

and i need to know because if that hinders getting a three year work permit, i would drop a course (i have registered for four) and finish it by winter 2014, perhaps im overstating or am being unclear, my offer letter doesnt say ANYTHING on the dates, so does the website, as on required semesters, the offer letter just says in bold "a masters program normally requires two years of study" ; that's it,

ottawa charges nearly 6500 per semester, so if i can finish early that would be great but on the other hand doing so *might* give me extra two years of work permit, i thought it was based on the official duration which , is fall 2012 - winter 2014, so does it really mean they wont count the summer 2013 and give me a 1 year work permit or they will count the official duration and ill get a 3 year pgwp ?

ooh and to answer your question, it might mean either a rejection or a medical call, but based on the recent visa acceptance rate, your friend can get his/her hopes up , as for the duration, that varies on what priority they set, i had files sent four times now and they took 6 days (sending to CHC), 7 days (CHC>DHAKA for medicals), 5 days(passport submission after medical) and lastly, just 3 days (visa arrival)

azhar_sakib

Jul 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
High Commission of Canada, Singapore, VFS Canada- Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Request
12-08-2012
Med's Done....
12-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2012
LANDED..........
19-09-2012
@ Shadh: Hey, today I got a mail from VFS stating that my processed application has been released to Dhaka center. But, when I tried to track down the application, the tracking field was showing nothing. It is totally blank now. Is this OK? or am I facing a problem? please answer>>!!

shadh said:
@ scorpion ,ottawa university charges me per semester enrollment. the m.eng program is just course based and i only have to take 10 courses..... if i finish it by 3 semesters by taking 4 courses in fall (the easier subjects are here), then 3 in the rest of the two, i will pay for 3 semesters and get the degree

and i need to know because if that hinders getting a three year work permit, i would drop a course (i have registered for four) and finish it by winter 2014, perhaps im overstating or am being unclear, my offer letter doesnt say ANYTHING on the dates, so does the website, as on required semesters, the offer letter just says in bold "a masters program normally requires two years of study" ; that's it,

ottawa charges nearly 6500 per semester, so if i can finish early that would be great but on the other hand doing so *might* give me extra two years of work permit, i thought it was based on the official duration which , is fall 2012 - winter 2014, so does it really mean they wont count the summer 2013 and give me a 1 year work permit or they will count the official duration and ill get a 3 year pgwp ?

ooh and to answer your question, it might mean either a rejection or a medical call, but based on the recent visa acceptance rate, your friend can get his/her hopes up , as for the duration, that varies on what priority they set, i had files sent four times now and they took 6 days (sending to CHC), 7 days (CHC>DHAKA for medicals), 5 days(passport submission after medical) and lastly, just 3 days (visa arrival)

shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loll ..... i had the same, it just means that it's in transit, and the transits usually take the time of 5-7 days or if you'r lucky, it will take just 3 days (depending on what priority vfs has set)

but pretty soon, you'll get another mail saying it has reached dhaka centre, and then the blank field would be updated, if it's you medicals, the queue is kinda short now so do our medicals asap (try wahab's), let me know if you require more information on that

azhar_sakib

Jul 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Request
12-08-2012
Med's Done....
12-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2012
LANDED..........
19-09-2012
Thanx Shadh for ur early reply. So, I will get another mail when the processed application will reach Dhaka, Inshallah. I hope it arrives soon. I will give update as soon as I get my decision. Pray for me.
Good day.

shadh said:
loll ..... i had the same, it just means that it's in transit, and the transits usually take the time of 5-7 days or if you'r lucky, it will take just 3 days (depending on what priority vfs has set)

but pretty soon, you'll get another mail saying it has reached dhaka centre, and then the blank field would be updated, if it's you medicals, the queue is kinda short now so do our medicals asap (try wahab's), let me know if you require more information on that

azhar_sakib

Jul 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Request
12-08-2012
Med's Done....
12-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2012
LANDED..........
19-09-2012
Hey Roy, did you receive your processed application/ visa decision (Reject, Medical, Interview anything)? Please let us know about your visa decision. My one is also released from Singapore today.

roybdsum said:
Just now tracking showing :)

" Passport released by the High Commission of Canada, Singapore, , Pin:xxxxx, Tel: on 01/08/2012 and is in Transit.It might take 2/3 days in transit to reach Application Centre. "

NB: last day i talk with my bank but no inquiry happen in there. Is it a sign of getting refusal?

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shadh said:

and i need to know because if that hinders getting a three year work permit, i would drop a course (i have registered for four) and finish it by winter 2014, perhaps im overstating or am being unclear, my offer letter doesnt say ANYTHING on the dates, so does the website, as on required semesters, the offer letter just says in bold "a masters program normally requires two years of study" ; that's it, When you will be here, try to contact BD students/ university student counselor for this program and ask suggestion from them. I hope they might be able to guide you properly.

ottawa charges nearly 6500 per semester, so if i can finish early that would be great but on the other hand doing so *might* give me extra two years of work permit, i thought it was based on the official duration which , is fall 2012 - winter 2014, so does it really mean they wont count the summer 2013 and give me a 1 year work permit or they will count the official duration and ill get a 3 year pgwp? It also depends on the visa/immigration officer. There are several cases where the applicants received PGWP more or less than the duration of their study. Have you ever browsed the following website...http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html

ooh and to answer your question, it might mean either a rejection or a medical call, but based on the recent visa acceptance rate, your friend can get his/her hopes up , as for the duration, that varies on what priority they set, i had files sent four times now and they took 6 days (sending to CHC), 7 days (CHC>DHAKA for medicals), 5 days(passport submission after medical) and lastly, just 3 days (visa arrival) Thank you.

shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@scorpion, yes i have and they talk about the "official program duration" and so does most of the people but my case is rare itself since not many people go for m.eng in an university which charges them per semester. So i wanted opinions from someone knowledgeable enough .... people are giving me mixed opinions, though most of them are choosing the "3 year" ... rest are choosing the "1.5" year .... lets see what happens .... if you ask me, whether im doing it in 3 semesters or four, ill be getting the same degree, so i should be eligible for the same job, hence, same job duration, to my credit, im saving four months off my study permit duration while the other one is taking it easy. So, for him to get a twice as much duration on the study permit is just simply outrageous

anyways, thanks for your help ...appreciate it .... which program/city are you in btw?

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shadh said:
@ scorpion, yes i have and they talk about the "official program duration" and so does most of the people but my case is rare itself since not many people go for m.eng in an university which charges them per semester. So i wanted opinions from someone knowledgeable enough .... people are giving me mixed opinions, though most of them are choosing the "3 year" ... rest are choosing the "1.5" year .... lets see what happens .... if you ask me, whether im doing it in 3 semesters or four, ill be getting the same degree, so i should be eligible for the same job, hence, same job duration, to my credit, im saving four months off my study permit duration while the other one is taking it easy. So, for him to get a twice as much duration on the study permit is just simply outrageous

anyways, thanks for your help ...appreciate it .... which program/city are you in btw?
I completed PGD on E-commerce in ON but now I live in AB. You should move to AB after completing your program. There are lots of demand for M.Eng here specially in EPCM and O&G company.

ssaquif

Jul 30, 2012
azhar_sakib said:
@ Shadh: Hey, today I got a mail from VFS stating that my processed application has been released to Dhaka center. But, when I tried to track down the application, the tracking field was showing nothing. It is totally blank now. Is this OK? or am I facing a problem? please answer>>!!
It is the same thing with me and my friend, hopefully Vfs will call on sunday