+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Bangladeshi Students Applying for Fall,13... Join Here...!!!

ahmed.faysol

Jun 10, 2013
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013
Passport Req..
09-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2013
tomsware said:
Then send them email.
Few days back I sent an email to CHC, Singapore about my application status and on 17th June they replied me that "further research and review is needed before a decision can be made on your application. I am therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. I can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part.
Our office will be in touch with you directly should we need any further information or to advise of the next steps. Until then, we will not be able to provide any further information regarding your application."

ahmed.faysol

Jun 10, 2013
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013
Passport Req..
09-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2013
I know from a facebook group that lots of people are waiting like me...!!! Nistar_ahmed what's your status? any update?

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Ok so I have written the study plan, but have some confusion and would like some of your opinions/advice on the best possible way to present it.

1. Does the study plan have to be strictly one page as it mentions in the checklist? Because mine have exceeded and close to 1.5 pages.

2. Does it need to be written in essay format or question/answer format? For instance if I were to write in essay format it would consist of several paragraphs that answers all the point mentioned in checklist.

If I were to write in question/answer format it would look something like this;

Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?

My answer................

What is your overall educational goal?

Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence/citizenship?

My answer...............

and so on.

3. At the start of the application do I start with Dear Visa Officer

or

To
The High Commission
Singapore
Date
Sub: Study plan

I prefer the first one as it would save me space if I need to accommodate everything in one page.

Let me know guys. Thanks in advance

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
already submitted with application
PMC89 said:
Ok so I have written the study plan, but have some confusion and would like some of your opinions/advice on the best possible way to present it.

1. Does the study plan have to be strictly one page as it mentions in the checklist? Because mine have exceeded and close to 1.5 pages.

2. Does it need to be written in essay format or question/answer format. For instance if I were to write in essay format it would consist of several paragraphs that answers all the point mentioned in checklist.

If I were to write in question/answer format it would look something like this;

Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?

What is your overall educational goal?

Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence/citizenship?

My answer...............

and so on.

or

To
The High Commission
Singapore
Date

I prefer the first one as it would save me space if I need to accommodate everything in one page.

Let me know guys. Thanks in advance
my study plan was 1.5 pages... and they didn't make complain.

Noddy jannat

Jan 24, 2013
I m plaing for do msc in Canada . After my graduation in Canada ..... Is there is any chances to get job which is related to my education. (electronic and electrical engenear )

ajdebm

May 16, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2013
Med's Request
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
20-05-2013
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2013
LANDED..........
10-08-2013 Inshaallah
ahmed.faysol said:
Few days back I sent an email to CHC, Singapore about my application status and on 17th June they replied me that "further research and review is needed before a decision can be made on your application. I am therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. I can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part.
Our office will be in touch with you directly should we need any further information or to advise of the next steps. Until then, we will not be able to provide any further information regarding your application."
Was there anything unusual about your application?
whats your profile which university are you going to and for what course.

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
Noddy jannat said:
I m plaing for do msc in Canada . After my graduation in Canada ..... Is there is any chances to get job which is related to my education. (electronic and electrical engenear )
Yes there are chances but getting job depends completely on your skills and on you. If you have Canadian experience then getting job is a bit easy. Try CO op internship and volunteer work to get job.

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
No problem you can write as long as it is relevant.

2. Does it need to be written in essay format or question/answer format? For instance if I were to write in essay format it would consist of several paragraphs that answers all the point mentioned in checklist.
Write essay type not Q and A

or

To
The High Commission
Singapore
Date

yes you can start with it

Dilemma

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2013
Doc's Request.
7-07-2013
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
20-07-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
03-09-2013
This is probably a silly question. But can someone tell me what are the contents of
Affidavit of Sponsor
Sponsorship letter
Sponsor's source of income

Are the all the same? Either way, what's the format in which each is written?

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
Are the all the same? Either way, what's the format in which each is written?
No all are not the same.

Affidavit of Sponsor
This is written in stamp paper and has a sign of both lawyer and sponsor.

Sponsorship letter
This is like Affidavit but without stamp paper and lawyer sign. Just a letter stating that sponsor will take your cost etc etc..

Sponsor's source of income
this is trade license or employment letter.

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
dipta said:
No problem you can write as long as it is relevant.

Write essay type not Q and A

or

To
The High Commission
Singapore
Date

yes you can start with it
Hey Dipta, hope you are well. Nice to hear from you:)+1 rating for your helpful answers

For no. 3 do you mean I can start like this? Do I need to mention singapore instead of Dhaka?

To
The Visa officer,
Canadian High Commission,
Singapore.
Sub : Application for study permit

Respected Sir/Madam

Oh btw Did your visa really take 1 month and a week after submission? Must say it was quite fast

debasishetc

Jun 19, 2013
Rasel Vai & Dipta & Other Expert....Please Help

Hi,
I really need your help to evaluate my profile. Here's my Profile
SSC-2001 Batch, Dhaka Board, GPA- 4.5/
HSC -2003 Batch, Dhaka Board, GPA- 4.00/

BSc (2004-08) in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering from KIIT, India, GPA-7(out of 10 scale i.e. 70%)/
Job- Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS), Chennai, India as Systems Engineer for 3.4 Years (Sep, 2008- Dec, 2011)/

Msc( from feb,2012 and expected graduation date-feb 2014) in Communication Engineering at National Taipei University ,Taiwan ( Awarded Taiwan Ministry of Education Scholarship). Current CGPA-3.94 (out of 4 scale)./

IELTS-6.5/

I am really interested to build my career in Research Field i.e. in Wireless Communication. I want to apply for Phd(Electrical & Computer Engineering Stream) in Canada(Prefer MUN, CONCORDIA, VICTOTIA,REGINA) But right now I don't have publications in Journal or Conference. May be I will have my publication after Graduation means after Feb, 2014.

So I am really tensed. I need advice from you guys.....Shall I Apply for MaSc Instead of Phd? Still I didn't Contact with any Supervisor. Definitely I will try to get funding from professor. In this regard please evaluate my profile.

If I Apply for Masc then it will be my 2nd Masters. Will it create any Issue to get visa? There may be a question which visa officer may think ......
Why am I applying for Masters Again?

Thanks In Advance.....Please Help :)

rasel

Apr 23, 2011
Canada.
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
App. Filed.......
20-05-2013
IELTS Request
7 (L: 7.5, R, W: 6.5, S: 7)
File Transfer...
27-05-2013
Med's Request
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
LANDED..........
30-08-2013
debasishetc said:
Rasel Vai & Dipta & Other Expert....Please Help

Hi,
I really need your help to evaluate my profile. Here's my Profile
SSC-2001 Batch, Dhaka Board, GPA- 4.5/
HSC -2003 Batch, Dhaka Board, GPA- 4.00/

BSc (2004-08) in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering from KIIT, India, GPA-7(out of 10 scale i.e. 70%)/
Job- Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS), Chennai, India as Systems Engineer for 3.4 Years (Sep, 2008- Dec, 2011)/

Msc( from feb,2012 and expected graduation date-feb 2014) in Communication Engineering at National Taipei University ,Taiwan ( Awarded Taiwan Ministry of Education Scholarship). Current CGPA-3.94 (out of 4 scale)./

IELTS-6.5/

I am really interested to build my career in Research Field i.e. in Wireless Communication. I want to apply for Phd(Electrical & Computer Engineering Stream) in Canada(Prefer MUN, CONCORDIA, VICTOTIA,REGINA) But right now I don't have publications in Journal or Conference. May be I will have my publication after Graduation means after Feb, 2014.

So I am really tensed. I need advice from you guys.....Shall I Apply for MaSc Instead of Phd? Still I didn't Contact with any Supervisor. Definitely I will try to get funding from professor. In this regard please evaluate my profile.

If I Apply for Masc then it will be my 2nd Masters. Will it create any Issue to get visa? There may be a question which visa officer may think ......
Why am I applying for Masters Again?

Thanks In Advance.....Please Help :)
I guess, ur current MSc from Taiwan is course based, right? Otherwise u should have some publications yet.

Without publication u most probably get Phd opportunity with funding in USA, but in Canada its much difficult. They want thesis based MSc and publications in related field of Phd research interest.

I think, u should go for USA where u will get better opportunities where u can show ur past academic credentials and should get funding without publications. Or u can start gathering some research experience now and do some publications.

Multiple MSc is not a big issue. If u wish, u can do another MSc. No problem.

debasishetc

Jun 19, 2013
rasel said:
I guess, ur current MSc from Taiwan is course based, right? Otherwise u should have some publications yet.

Without publication u most probably get Phd opportunity with funding in USA, but in Canada its much difficult. They want thesis based MSc and publications in related field of Phd research interest.

I think, u should go for USA where u will get better opportunities where u can show ur past academic credentials and should get funding without publications. Or u can start gathering some research experience now and do some publications.

Multiple MSc is not a big issue. If u wish, u can do another MSc. No problem.
Actually Its Mixed i.e. 28 credit Course + 6 credit thesis. After Finishing my Thesis only I will be able to submit papers to Some Journal/Conference.... Any Way Thanks Rasel Vai.....If i want apply for MaSc ,Then which all the universities are better for getting funding from Professor/University?

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Noddy jannat said:
I will be honest with you but Electronic and Electrical Engineering is a regulated profession, which means you will need to be registered or get a license before you can work. Professions like engineering, medicine, law are regulated because your decision can affect the civilians in one way or another. Needless to say it will be slightly harder. But hey you can always try. I would also like to add that to be able to succeed in Canada one need to be flexible and be willing to change career paths if required. I don't know where you did your bachelors or engineering from, Canadians value canadian experience/degree. I did my Bachelors degree in Electronic and Electrical engineering from UCL in London, UK. Then I worked/interned in a couple of technology companies to expand my area of interest. Even though I have an engineering degree I am willing to work in IT, Technology field.