July 2010
Med's Request
11 Oct, 2012
Med's Done....
22 Oct, 2012
sMark said:
Thank you, NGE and Dr.Hasib.
NGE said:
I think, they count processing time after receiving full document.
Dr.Hasib said:
yup..it's sad :( but true...

on their website it is mentioned:

"Processing times begin on the day our office receives a complete application and end on the day the final decision (i.e. approval/refusal) leaves our office. These are not a guarantee of how long it will take to process your application"
That means I have to wait for a couple of months more to send an inquiry. Thanks again.

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any impact on new changes , or when we can see the change or may be next week ?

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
L - 7.5, R - 6.5, W - 6.5, S - 8.0, Ov. All. - 7
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-08-2010 PP submitted: 14-09-2010 Decision made: 05-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2010 VISA RCVD...: 24-10-2010
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Dear friends, I need to know a simple thing, pls tell me , can i take some Shutki (dry fish) with me to canada , is it allowed in Dhaka and Torronto Airport? i need to know .... pls reply...

munnabd

Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon, Inshallah
LANDED..........
Soon, Inshallah
Hi friend. I don't think local airport will cause problems for you but Pearson International Airport Security might raise some issues with it. If it's your first flight to Canada, I suggest you don't carry it. Security is tough these days and some people don't care if it's only food. I am sure you can find Shutki in deshi neighborhood groceries/shops in Toronto. Don't start a fight in the airport for your shutki. You might have to dump it in the garbage.

Have a safe flight and I am happy that you got what you wanted! :D

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
munnabd said:
Hi friend. I don't think local airport will cause problems for you but Pearson International Airport Security might raise some issues with it. If it's your first flight to Canada, I suggest you don't carry it. Security is tough these days and some people don't care if it's only food. I am sure you can find Shutki in deshi neighborhood groceries/shops in Toronto. Don't start a fight in the airport for your shutki. You might have to dump it in the garbage.

Have a safe flight and I am happy that you got what you wanted! :D
well said munnabd bhai..and welcome to our forum :D

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swapnochary said:
Dear friends, I need to know a simple thing, pls tell me , can i take some Shutki (dry fish) with me to canada , is it allowed in Dhaka and Torronto Airport? i need to know .... pls reply...
dear
sorry!

your question is not that a simple one. The answer could be the difficult one too . Please consider time and patience in consulting your decision as the country in called "Canada" which maintains one of "the strict environmental regulation" among all other nations in the world .Yes, I recognize, my choice is Canada for their environmental security and social safety net!

Bringing shutki into Canada can be more risky and dangerous for a new comer's first landing in Canada.We do not expect a troublesome entry into Canada, isn't it?. if someone intend to bring dried fish,Dried squid,or any kind of such products they must pass the Canadian standard in terms of "standard" "Utility," and "grading"

please visit http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/C.R.C.%2C_c._802/page-28.html#h-44 and
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/C.R.C.%2C_c._802/index.html.

if you bring canned dry fish, please ensure that" you are a reputed,expert chemist , you must and you are"
plus consult the link http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/C.R.C.%2C_c._802/page-15.html#h-6.

hopefully,you will invite all of this forum in a shutki aioujon! and abandon the immediate plan!
expecting a feasible date!

cheers

imu

munnabd

Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon, Inshallah
LANDED..........
Soon, Inshallah
Received by Visa Office?

Hi everybody, I have a bit of a problem. I checked my ecas status and it's still showing 'recieved by visa office'. It's been like that since end of April, 2011. Does anyone know how long it will take to change status to the much longed 'In Process' ?! I would like the inputs from anybody who is willing to help me through a very very difficult waiting period. I am sure there are many post June 2010 applicants, so maybe you guys can shed some light on how long RBVO status is going to be there.

Anyway, I wish all of us all the best. May Allah make our dreams come true.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
munnabd said:
Received by Visa Office?

Hi everybody, I have a bit of a problem. I checked my ecas status and it's still showing 'recieved by visa office'. It's been like that since end of April, 2011. Does anyone know how long it will take to change status to the much longed 'In Process' ?! I would like the inputs from anybody who is willing to help me through a very very difficult waiting period. I am sure there are many post June 2010 applicants, so maybe you guys can shed some light on how long RBVO status is going to be there.

Anyway, I wish all of us all the best. May Allah make our dreams come true.
i can see that you filed your application in Feb 2011. This is to inform you that many SGVO applicants who applied in Oct/nov/dec/jan are still in RBVO stage...so, you should not be worried. you can get the status of other singapore VO (SGVO) applicants here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiJy8Qu8lcQbdGxiSnNhME5sVi1uRlZtUWNhOEFwemc&hl=ar&authkey=CLDXsFA#gid=0

Ismael5

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
yes
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
Passport Req..
swapnochary said:
I think it is not allowed in Canada
eventhough you can inquired CHC Bangadesh/Singapore

Ismael

munnabd

Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon, Inshallah
LANDED..........
Soon, Inshallah
Thanks a lot Hasib Bhai. This is very helpful information. I think now I can take a breath of relief. By the way, how is your application status ? I am asking because you are much senior to me and I wish you get the stamp asap. I think you've waited long enough. My file wasn't very thick (single applicant) how thick was yours?? lol

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
munnabd said:
Thanks a lot Hasib Bhai. This is very helpful information. I think now I can take a breath of relief. By the way, how is your application status ? I am asking because you are much senior to me and I wish you get the stamp asap. I think you've waited long enough. My file wasn't very thick (single applicant) how thick was yours?? lol
maybe i am a senior applicant but definitely not older than you & also unmarried..lol
my timeline:
Application filed: oct 2010
PER: Feb 2011
RBVO: March 2011
In process: 30 March 2011...(i was a bit lucky to get the status "in process"....but unfortunately i have been waiting for MR for 3 long months :( )

SamDhaka

Dec 29, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
1122/8222
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17, 2010
AOR Received.
PER: Feb 25, 2011; AOR: Mar 24, 2011
Med's Request
Jun 30, 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 16, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 2011
good question munna bhai :)

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
imu said:
dear
sorry!

your question is not that a simple one. The answer could be the difficult one too . Please consider time and patience in consulting your decision as the country in called "Canada" which maintains one of "the strict environmental regulation" among all other nations in the world .Yes, I recognize, my choice is Canada for their environmental security and social safety net!

Bringing shutki into Canada can be more risky and dangerous for a new comer's first landing in Canada.We do not expect a troublesome entry into Canada, isn't it?. if someone intend to bring dried fish,Dried squid,or any kind of such products they must pass the Canadian standard in terms of "standard" "Utility," and "grading"

please visit http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/C.R.C.%2C_c._802/page-28.html#h-44 and
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/C.R.C.%2C_c._802/index.html.

if you bring canned dry fish, please ensure that" you are a reputed,expert chemist , you must and you are"
plus consult the link http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/C.R.C.%2C_c._802/page-15.html#h-6.

hopefully,you will invite all of this forum in a shutki aioujon! and abandon the immediate plan!
expecting a feasible date!

cheers

imu
[size=10pt][size=10pt]+1[/size][/size] for you

munnabd

Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon, Inshallah
LANDED..........
Soon, Inshallah
Dr.Hasib said:
maybe i am a senior applicant but definitely not older than you & also unmarried..lol
my timeline:
Application filed: oct 2010
PER: Feb 2011
RBVO: March 2011
In process: 30 March 2011...(i was a bit lucky to get the status "in process"....but unfortunately i have been waiting for MR for 3 long months :( )
Hasib bhai, don't worry. I saw the spreadsheet link that you provided. I noticed that the people who got 'in process' status in short while after getting 2nd AOR are having to wait for the MR request longer. On the other hand people who have had to wait for 5-6 months in RBVO status got the MR request in short while. I think you will get your MR request sometime in July, Inshallah after the new list & requirements are officially announced. Don't forget us after you get the MR and the visa!!

CIC says that the 29 occupation list will remain same and the quota in each occupation will be 500. But maybe you already know this!

Munna