+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
Re: Canada experience Part:03

Leo12 said:
It's very nice post and dafinatly it will helps us a lot. Thanks for that.
Bro will you please let me tell some about kids schooling?
This is end of the year and so far I heared school start from June, before starting school session does they admit the kids?
I have two kids, boy is 12 years in class six and girl is 7 in class one. Can you please let me know about admission? Thanks.
You can start school anytime of the year any day of the week. All you need is the proof of address. You can have it from the bank. My kids are 12 and 7.5 years as well. They both got admission this week and will start school from Monday next inshallah. All are cordial and use to the new comers, from other regions. Both of my kids will go to school only for 15 days n the holidays starts.

They will not ask for any previous study records, but only the immunization card filled by professionals in CIC form. It's a must, don't forget it. It's very important. They don't recognize the health cards/ immunization cards filled by our clinics or doctors. Download the prescribed form and fill it seeing the original dates of your kids immunization and attest it from a MBBS doctor no worries.

I wish my elder daughter (grade7) to go to a Islamic school, but these are usually private and will cost me 400 CAD monthly. I am waiting for a job to start earning and then will consider that school may be after 6 months insallah. For my younger son who is 7, will go to a nearby public school until upto class 6-7 and in high school if my income permits will explore private school. My apartment is just near to Toronto Islamic foundation, one of the oldest institute in Toronto and they are one of the best in reputation considering Islamic studies side by side with regular curriculum. I intentionally picked this address so as to have easy access to this school, frankly. Both of my kids used to go to lake head Grammar school at dhanmondi 15, and they follow the same kind of curriculum along with Islamic studies. I personally am not in that much favor of co ed for my 12 year daughter. But all the public schools are co-ed. Again it's not free, comes along with a 400 CAD fees monthly. So let's see what comes along insallah.

Keep us in your prayers and feel free for any asking, information. Salam and best regards.
Hhshumon

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Canada experience Part:02

hhshumon said:
You can start school anytime of the year any day of the week. All you need is the proof of address. You can have it from the bank. My kids are 12 and 7.5 years as well. They both got admission this week and will start school from Monday next inshallah. All are cordial and use to the new comers, from other regions. Both of my kids will go to school only for 15 days n the holidays starts.

They will not ask for any previous study records, but only the immunization card filled by professionals in CIC form. It's a must, don't forget it. It's very important. They don't recognize the health cards/ immunization cards filled by our clinics or doctors. Download the prescribed form and fill it seeing the original dates of your kids immunization and attest it from a MBBS doctor no worries.

I wish my elder daughter (grade7) to go to a Islamic school, but these are usually private and will cost me 400 CAD monthly. I am waiting for a job to start earning and then will consider that school may be after 6 months insallah. For my younger son who is 7, will go to a nearby public school until upto class 6-7 and in high school if my income permits will explore private school. My apartment is just near to Toronto Islamic foundation, one of the oldest institute in Toronto and they are one of the best in reputation considering Islamic studies side by side with regular curriculum. I intentionally picked this address so as to have easy access to this school, frankly. Both of my kids used to go to lake head Grammar school at dhanmondi 15, and they follow the same kind of curriculum along with Islamic studies. I personally am not in that much favor of co ed for my 12 year daughter. But all the public schools are co-ed. Again it's not free, comes along with a 400 CAD fees monthly. So let's see what comes along insallah.

Keep us in your prayers and feel free for any asking, information. Salam and best regards.
Hhshumon
Bro,
I am really very happy to see your post. Actually what I didn't know and no one even informed me I got that answer also. Really you are too helpful. I may ask you some more question also if you don't mind...

Thanks a lot.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
string11 said:
Anyone have idea how to apply PCC from Bangladesh staying in USA?
Deploy someone with your National ID card photocopy, passport photocopy of 1st 5 pages containing informations, deposit 1,500 taka to any sonali bank in the name of treasury (forgot the account no, browse from internet) and put the same name address in the deposit form and write that it's for police clearance, put mobile number. Go to ramna DMP head quarters, (opposite to vicarunnesa school) one stop police service with everything. They will do the rest.

They usually send the request to the thana in accordance to the passport, and talk to the thana guy, manage him with 2,000 taka/ passport telling you are outside. They will fill the clearance form and resend to DMP. You can collect in person or they will courier these to you.

Cheers and maley Bari.....

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
attached with application
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
hhshumon said:
Deploy someone with your National ID card photocopy, passport photocopy of 1st 5 pages containing informations, deposit 1,500 taka to any sonali bank in the name of treasury (forgot the account no, browse from internet) and put the same name address in the deposit form and write that it's for police clearance, put mobile number. Go to ramna DMP head quarters, (opposite to vicarunnesa school) one stop police service with everything. They will do the rest.

They usually send the request to the thana in accordance to the passport, and talk to the thana guy, manage him with 2,000 taka/ passport telling you are outside. They will fill the clearance form and resend to DMP. You can collect in person or they will courier these to you.

Cheers and maley Bari.....
Thank for the reply, how long will it be take after the initial day of form submission, any views is appreciated.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
string11 said:
Thank for the reply, how long will it be take after the initial day of form submission, any views is appreciated.
DMP office writes within 2 weeks maximum.

But in reality 3-4 weeks minimum. The other catch is the courier post they send. It takes few weeks extra.
So the best way is to get the tel number from the 1 stop service centre, and keep on tracing if it's done.
I did traced it when it was dispatched from my PO, went to the DMP on the very next day and collected in person before they post it through courier. It saved my 3-4 days time at least.

Cheers mate. Salam

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
attached with application
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
hhshumon said:

But in reality 3-4 weeks minimum. The other catch is the courier post they send. It takes few weeks extra.
So the best way is to get the tel number from the 1 stop service centre, and keep on tracing if it's done.
I did traced it when it was dispatched from my PO, went to the DMP on the very next day and collected in person before they post it through courier. It saved my 3-4 days time at least.

Cheers mate. Salam
Thank you for ur quick reply.

kmkamal

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hhshumon said:

Cheers mate. Salam
Dear Shumon Vai, thanks for your encouraging mail. It will help to enrich our idea about initial settlement. Brother, may you share us the monthly expenditure of four members family?

sheikh958

Nov 26, 2012
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
PER:12-08-2013
File Transfer...
August 2013
Med's Request
28th July 2014
Med's Done....
21st August 2014
Interview........
Medical received: 27th August 2014
Passport Req..
22-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 07-10-2014. Visa issued: 03-10-2014.
LANDED..........
15th November 2014

hhshumon said:

Hhshumon
Public school cost 400 CAD per month in Canada??????????? So expensive.

samellen

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: My traveling experience part-01

hhshumon said:
Dear all,
Alhamdulillah I landed safely without any issue yesterday. Unfortunately we had the first oboroth declared Monday 9 pm and we went to Uttara to my aunty's place around 1 am to stay at night with all our luggage, which apparently was good for my travel plan, but was bad for us to manage everything at the very last moment. Still it was okey alhamdulillah,

- The flight was on time 9.10 pm emirates, and the boarding gate was open from 6 pm. I reached the airport around 6.15 as I was bit worried about my luggage over weight thing. Just to share, I bought 1 extra 32 kg luggage with 175 usd, and switched 2 bags from 23 kilo to 32 kilo with another 50X2=100 Usd. They don't take dollars, they took taka instead and I paid 21,500 taka over the counter n they provided a proper money receipt. I also checked in 24 hours prior to the flight to book my preferred seats, and it was helpful, as the emirates counter is usually full with immigrant Deshi worker bhais'. The staffs were helpful and actually never bothered about the weight that much, they also took 2 of my planned hand carry bags, (that was good a decision, as I realized later though,). Probably seeing my young son, they showed pity. After crossing the immigration without any question even asked (they only asked how to apply for immigration!!!) we waited at the lounge. As I was keen to buy my cigeerates from duty free and I ran out of Bangla taka, in so many traveling years, for the first time I knew, I can pay by my BRAC bank Visa card directly to purchase in USD from duty free. It felt good as I forgot to buy my cigeerates on that oboroth day.

- interestingly at the security checks at the boarding gate, (I was worried about the cash CAD) the officers never even asked how much dollars we are carrying (which usually they do, and asks about the endorsement thing) just asked us how many we are traveling, when he located our money pouch in the scan. I think its good to avail emirates, as all the emirates staff are always busy tackling the different class groups numbered many.

- The flight was on time and we landed at Dubai terminal 3 and the baggage claim is at a different terminal, where we had to collect the exit permit and wait for the shuttle bus to the hotel. I simply wasted minutes, asking the ground staff where to report for the exit, they don't know much, if someone is puzzled it's better to ask to a information counter, rather asking to any staff. We required to take the shuttle train to get to the exit through the immigration, after collecting the visa showing the hotel booking voucher to the cash counter near the immigration (as suggested by the information). I found the immigration staff very stupid, as they always keep on talking among their colleagues simply ignoring the tired passengers. We were accumulating in a long que. Still everyone had to have the smily face towards them.

- the shuttle took 10 minutes to get us to the hotel, and within 15 minutes they cleared all the passengers to their rooms. It was almost 2 am and the wake up call was planned at 7 am, the bus departs for the airport around 8 am while the flight time was 9.50 am. As Per my prior plan, I asked the receiptionist about any restriction for getting out and they said its okey as long as I avail the airport bus on 8am, I booked a private taxi for the guided city tour for 2 and half hours. They charged 90 USD for 3 of us and my son was free. We all took shower and were freshen up by 3 am. We had few snacks and water bottle with my camera prepared for the hiking. As I knew it might be tough for me for next couple of struggling years, to explore Any new place to visit with my family and kids (especially my 7 years son, who enjoys cities and big buildings like me, and keeps on suggesting me it's okey not to have money, as I can always go to any ATM and can withdraw. They only thing he doesn't know, I have to pore money to withdraw it!!! My crazy little son).

- The driver guide was Pakistani named Ezaz, he was 25 knows Dubai for 2 years, plans to get married to a girl from Peshware in next 2/3 years. He was very soft spoken and modest. Interestingly he showed up with a brand new white Lexus 4x4, and the car was simply fantastic. My son again complained about the car we had, and suggested to have this car in Canada. (My crazy son!!!). We started 3 am, went to Burj khalif, Dubai Mall, Burj Arab, the beach, palm jumerah, the Atlantis, hotel castle, the makhdum road and few other visitor's place. We stopped near the beach for our supper and spent time to enjoy Dubai at 4 am. It was simply great, unbelievable an experience with half the fading moon hanging in the sky, to roam a city at that late hours, where you see all the party people roaming with their very expensive cars and the rest of the city sleeps. (I saw a grey Ferrari, a red Porsche and uncounted BMW and Benz coupes') we returned to the hotel at 5.15 and had a nap, before the breakfast at 7.30 am.

- We boarded the long waited A380 airbus, around 8.30 and unfortunately the plane was over booked with hand luggages (it was good to get rid of the bags at Dhaka airport off loaded, as there were many Indian families with loads of hand carry bags and the whole upper closet was full). Many of them got strantted and the plane could not go. The pilot himself intervined and managed many of the bags to get to the bunk from hand carry. (My suggestion is it's better to request the Dhaka counter to get the big hand carry bags as the booked luggage, by saying you are to travel long and unable to attend family and bags together. They usually are considerate to long distance travelers.) the plane was 1.30 hours late to start. They plane is far better than the Boing 777 with a wider seat and better leg space. The only problem I faced was my head ache due to innaducuate sleep due to the night city safari at Dubai. It lastly had to go with 02 painkillers from the smiling air hostess.

- at Pearson it's like regular they attend new immigrants for the first times. They are smiling face and ready to help in all the cases. I had an incompletete address which I never noticed, they were undone to complete the PR card's postal thing. They struggled for a while a lastly gat my sis number from me, called her up for the proper complete address and let me go. We were lucky to have the SIN counter open where two Pakistani ladies helped us to get all the 04 sin numbers within 15 minutes. It might take 10 days to get those in hand by post. They provided the child benefit envelops, informations, and booklets in a pack. You already know that you are in a system and there is nothing worry about anything. The lady helping me also told me to go to belt 13 as the Emirates disposes the luggage there. We went there and saw only our bags are left at floor, as it was late and everyone is gone, the ground staff cleared the belt ( good for us, as they all were heavy). We hired a porter for our 10 bags (3 bags for 10 CAD). The Mr. white monster guy came with a big trolley managed everything along the cartoons, and showed all the way to the customs. Actually he was kind of helping us bypassing other families and officers keen on checking bags. The nice elderly customs officer asked all the B4 form and stuffs list with the photographs. I gave and asked me if any chance. I am carrying a second copy. I said no, then he photo copied all the documents and after stamping returned the 2 nd copies for future reference. I declared my money in a prescribed form and he said we are good to go. He never even bothered what I am carrying and what I am not. And interestingly there were families in front of us who's bags were opened and all the cooked stuff were thrown away, and my wife was very paranoid. As I asked the porter why we were set free, and he said you declared everything in that paper and they see it true. We were happy to go through as we were carrying bit of restricted stuff like my beloved Shutki!!!!!!

- Toronto Pearson welcomed us with snow and -11 deg. According to my sis it was the first for this season, and my kids were happy. My current location is 5600 Shepard Ave. East, Scarborough. I will be here for couple of days before shifting to another flat at the same condo. My sis and her family are very happy to see us and all the kids went to the airport with 02 large 7 seaters. One of my uncle and me came with the luggage and the rest by the other car. Parking is expensive here and if my sis never would have checked the flight EK 241 for its 1.45 hours delay, it might took her 20 dollars for extra parking.

- today 24 hours gone after leaving Dhaka, and I had my bank account done at TD, and they gave me a starter check book with 04 leafs, active debit card instantly when I deposited 400 CAD in the account. With 25 minutes all together I got everything, and the lady was very well managing the new comers, prescribing which account I should prefer, and she took the passport and the SIN paper (issued at the airport) as my identity. My brother Inlaw introduced me to the Bank. They are to send everything within 4-5 days and I can have my phone and other stuff with that billing address. Tomorrow I plan to go for health card and the child benefit form filled and that's all for the official procedures to be done. Next Monday will start browsing school.

Now finally I am here, right or wrong donno yet, only thing I know I want my kids to have smile in their face, yes I will work hard, and try my level best to raise them as proper Muslim universal Bangladeshi soldiers. Just keep on parying for me and for Many like myself. I wish all the best for all the forum mates I know and I don't know personally. You kept me live to bear the unbearable waiting time of +3 years.

Just keep praying further more. Cheers and maley Bari............:)

hhshumon
Shumon bhai, many many congrats for your safe journey, sorry i am late in congratulating you...don't worry everything will be fine because you are now in the proper system comparing to BD...once again a big congrats...take care and pray for us also

KFH

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Oct 2012
Med's Done....
completed babys medical on 28 Feb 2013
Interview........
Alhamdulillah waived
Passport Req..
Submitted on 05/07/2013 via Fedex
VISA ISSUED...
July 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah on September 2013
Re: Canada experience Part:02

hhshumon said:
Today the 3rd December, 2013 have passed my 1st week here at Toronto. Today was busy exploring kids schools and doing formalities. They will start school from Monday next, inshallah. I booked my new 1 bed apartment on the same building of my sister's place. Unfortunately 02 beds are not available right now to start from January 2014. But the room size seems okey to be comfortable with two kids. The view is good from the living room. It's going to cost me 900 CAD monthly all inclusive and if I get my car in next 3 months going to be an 50 CAD extra.

- roaming with my brother Inlaw almost all the time in his car, and he keeps on verbal instructing me about the traffic rules and regulations keeping me in the front seat. I think it helps, and actually it develops the intuitive reflexes for turns at traffic lights being on proper lane. Public transport is not upto the mark, to tell frankly. Someone is bound to go for own car especially with small kids. Otherwise they become heavily dependent on others to commute. I went to my daughter's high school today, almost 2.5 km on foot (Inlaw went to work) and it was bright sunny a day with 3 deg. All of us enjoyed, but if it would have rained or snowed with wind it will be impossible I believe. By car it's only 2 mins! If I am to request someone to car pool my daughter it's going to cost me. If I get to the school bus service it's going to be 150 CAD monthly. There is no public transport as well. Usually the junior schools are within close proximity. So families with kids upto say year 5, it's doable on foot.

- the most common entertainment here seems invitation to relatives and friends place during week ends. Heavy adda and lunch or dinner. If car is missing someone will be stuck. Situation is not the same every where. The danforth area, Victoria park are places where initial settlement might not require personal cars. Sometimes you find 8-10 Bangladeshi families in a same building or even more. It's good. They are of help and support to each other. Initial times it's a must to know the places, tricks, tactics.

- Have not got time yet to explore jobs. Had chat with few forum friends and it seems jobs are there, In fact adequate. The issue is to get settle, get the ball rolling and during weekends relax, plan the main stream goal. I visited few friends of mine as well. Everyone seems to be dependent on OsAp for a course study and temporary any kind of jobs. It's okey, common and to some extent comfortable with financial planning. Everyone tries not to temper the initial funding brought from the country. It's good, I believe, It boosts the moral fighting attitude. My plan tends so.

- The whole context seems in three types, professionals like us (new comers, making initial survival and planing things up), 2nd rich with plenty money from country living in an expensive condo or detuched house and 3rd types who are settled here for a while say 5-8 years. Have met few of them. It seems its doable for us. Yes we can, it requires time though, but possible. Everything has to start from the beginning. It will take time, so early starters get advantage here and people like me with 42 years might be on back foot. Still I am hopeful it's right to give a fight.

- my wife plans to start a job from January 1st week inshallah. Meanwhile for me, I wish to take a break to think about the system and the attacking plan while hosted by my brother in law till Jan. Passing that honeymoon period as said at the CIIP session. Cheers all and your Doas are heavily required along with central heating in this 2-3 deg at Toronto. Salam and bye till next time.
Congrats Sumon Bhai Iam around Kingston and Mcwan area of Scarborough. I had landed 2 months ago. InshaaAllah would PM u my number.

INDIANAJONES

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
1st AOR Received : 09-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
DOCS Submitted : 03-FEB-2011
AOR Received.
ECAS : Medical Received
IELTS Request
Submitted with Score With 1st Application Package
File Transfer...
2nd AOR Received : 09-MAY-2011
Med's Request
11-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
20-NOV-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
06-DEC-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-JAN-2013 Valid Till 31-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
01 AUG 2013
Dear Respected Forum Members,

As Salaam U Alaikum Wa Rahmatullh.

Hope every one is doing best by the grace of Allah Subhanu Ta'ala.

SUBJECT FOR TODAY : RENTING LIVING PLACE IN TORONTO and CCTB ENHANCEMENT TRICK.

I came to Toronto on August 1, 2013. My journey was not that pleasant. I had my ticket booked for 28th July. On arrival of Airport I came to know my ticket is not confirmed from Istanbul to Toronto. However, I had to go back to home and upon a lot of negotiation with my travel agent Allah Subhanu Ta'la managed a ticket for me on August 1, 2013. I started on August 1, 2013 from Dhaka and reached on August 1, 2013 in Toronto. Journey was pleasant.

Issues important that every one should re confirmed.

No. 1. I did not receive CCTB for the month of August. I was knowing that one reaching the month looses the CCTB for that month. So, I planned ahead to come at the end of July. But Allah decided different for me earlier.

No. 2. If you do not have anyone in your destination Canada, it is very tough to get through in every place here. Forum is a great help for each other in this context. However, in the situations like managing "Guarantor" to rent a house, or a "Reference" in finding a good job forum cannot be technically that helpful. Because, both requires ageing in canada.

No. 3. I did not have any relative nor any friend having "aging" in canada. So I am finding hard term in managing these issues. If you want to rent an apartment, you may do so, by showing strength of your account statement just by reaching in canada. But this thing requires 15 - 21 days to reach your account statement at your residence. Till then you need to stay in a guest house, or with someone you know. Some banks give a Letter Stating your financial strength, but some do not. Again, some apartment management accepts that, some do not.

So, you need to arrange that ahead of reaching here.

Here, if you want to rent a good apartment, your account statement will not be enough. Either you have to have a Job, guarantor or you have to pay 6 months to 12 months rent in advance. By the way, by good apartment, I mean almost All Apartments. Apartments that accommodates people on Governments Social Assistance may exclude from this type and those are the one considers your strengths of your account statement. However, exceptions are there, but not much.

The Job you have should have $ 2500 - $ 3500 Per month of Earning, for your guarantor it should be like $ 45000 to $ 55000 Per year of income if he/she does not live in the apartment you are planing to rent, if he/she lives there the income must be $ 80000 to $ 90000 per year.

The normal procedure to rent a good apartment are:

01. See by yourself and choose by yourself. Every individual's necessity is different. A family of no children is far different from a family of 1, 2, 3 children and heavily depends upon the age of the children. Other factors includes, Choice of employment, whether both parents want to work or not, how far the family can afford the Communication and Grocery etc. Usually, it is better to have good communication access and good grocery nearby.

02. Having said that, to understand your necessity, it is recommended that you pass some time in Canada. Some times means 4 to 5 months. Even, Canadian System is also like that. A lot of good apartment management considers application for rent after your aging of 5 months in Canada. They check the credibility of you with your earlier landlord and add points for your credibility to rent a good apartment.

03. For the first couple of months a basement is a good choice to rent. You can come to Canada, stay 2/3 days to 1 week in a connection's residence, and by this time see some basements and rent one. For this, you have to come between the 15th to 20th of a month. Because, most of the basements are rented in that time.

04. I came on August 01. One of our Forum members were kind enough to rent the basement I live in now. I lived here 5 months, I got a job, applied for an Apartment now and leaving this on December 30, 2013. This 1 Bedroom Basement is very well built (By Italians), Well decorated and well located. It is 13 minutes TTC bus ride away from our Danforth Locality. Danforth Locality is Bangladeshi Locality in Toronto. My Landlord is a Bangladeshi. He hails from Jessore and works in a respectable technical position in Toronto. His family and my family are like one family. They even arranged a transportation for my daughter to go to and come from school in this winter by their car. In summer they shared their garden vegetables to us like their own family. In terms of rental expenditure no one can measure these helps as deductions. These are only two I mentioned about them. Actually they are Awesome. For a family new to Canada, they can be your guide, mentor and right path shower for the first couple of months.

My landlord never told me to help him getting his apartment rented. I, myself, offering this to my forum members as an opportunity to rent this house. If not permanently, for some couple of months for your benefit. He is going to put an advertisement on 15th of this months like every other landlord. He is very likely to get it rented soon. However, if anyone is interested in, feel free to contact me @ +1-647-289-7743. or Contact me in my email id rahman_alig @ yahoo.com or in PM of this forum.

A tip for you : At least you have to stay 2 months in any house. Do not mention if you are planning for a short stay. 80% Chances are there that, once you are here you will like to stay here for longer. One more tip. Do not rent any basement or any house or any apartment without consulting your know person here in toronto and based on information available on Internet. Internet information are not false, but there are other factors you need to know from the people staying here. Good Luck for your renting.

Think, Discuss your connections here in Toronto, Feel free to pass my number to your connection in Toronto. Tell him/her to talk to me, manage some time to see the Basement where I leave and decide yourself. You can see the locality of the house in google. Contact me in my email id rahman_alig @ yahoo.com or in PM of the forum, I will let you know other details you may inquire about.

Keep me in your Dua as allways.

Dua for all.

Regards,

INDIANAJONES.

mwm78

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
INDIANAJONES said:
Dear Respected Forum Members,

As Salaam U Alaikum Wa Rahmatullh.

Hope every one is doing best by the grace of Allah Subhanu Ta'ala.

SUBJECT FOR TODAY : RENTING LIVING PLACE IN TORONTO and CCTB ENHANCEMENT TRICK.

I came to Toronto on August 1, 2013. My journey was not that pleasant. I had my ticket booked for 28th July. On arrival of Airport I came to know my ticket is not confirmed from Istanbul to Toronto. However, I had to go back to home and upon a lot of negotiation with my travel agent Allah Subhanu Ta'la managed a ticket for me on August 1, 2013. I started on August 1, 2013 from Dhaka and reached on August 1, 2013 in Toronto. Journey was pleasant.

Issues important that every one should re confirmed.

No. 1. I did not receive CCTB for the month of August. I was knowing that one reaching the month looses the CCTB for that month. So, I planned ahead to come at the end of July. But Allah decided different for me earlier.

No. 2. If you do not have anyone in your destination Canada, it is very tough to get through in every place here. Forum is a great help for each other in this context. However, in the situations like managing "Guarantor" to rent a house, or a "Reference" in finding a good job forum cannot be technically that helpful. Because, both requires ageing in canada.

No. 3. I did not have any relative nor any friend having "aging" in canada. So I am finding hard term in managing these issues. If you want to rent an apartment, you may do so, by showing strength of your account statement just by reaching in canada. But this thing requires 15 - 21 days to reach your account statement at your residence. Till then you need to stay in a guest house, or with someone you know. Some banks give a Letter Stating your financial strength, but some do not. Again, some apartment management accepts that, some do not.

So, you need to arrange that ahead of reaching here.

Here, if you want to rent a good apartment, your account statement will not be enough. Either you have to have a Job, guarantor or you have to pay 6 months to 12 months rent in advance. By the way, by good apartment, I mean almost All Apartments. Apartments that accommodates people on Governments Social Assistance may exclude from this type and those are the one considers your strengths of your account statement. However, exceptions are there, but not much.

The Job you have should have $ 2500 - $ 3500 Per month of Earning, for your guarantor it should be like $ 45000 to $ 55000 Per year of income if he/she does not live in the apartment you are planing to rent, if he/she lives there the income must be $ 80000 to $ 90000 per year.

The normal procedure to rent a good apartment are:

01. See by yourself and choose by yourself. Every individual's necessity is different. A family of no children is far different from a family of 1, 2, 3 children and heavily depends upon the age of the children. Other factors includes, Choice of employment, whether both parents want to work or not, how far the family can afford the Communication and Grocery etc. Usually, it is better to have good communication access and good grocery nearby.

02. Having said that, to understand your necessity, it is recommended that you pass some time in Canada. Some times means 4 to 5 months. Even, Canadian System is also like that. A lot of good apartment management considers application for rent after your aging of 5 months in Canada. They check the credibility of you with your earlier landlord and add points for your credibility to rent a good apartment.

03. For the first couple of months a basement is a good choice to rent. You can come to Canada, stay 2/3 days to 1 week in a connection's residence, and by this time see some basements and rent one. For this, you have to come between the 15th to 20th of a month. Because, most of the basements are rented in that time.

04. I came on August 01. One of our Forum members were kind enough to rent the basement I live in now. I lived here 5 months, I got a job, applied for an Apartment now and leaving this on December 30, 2013. This 1 Bedroom Basement is very well built (By Italians), Well decorated and well located. It is 13 minutes TTC bus ride away from our Danforth Locality. Danforth Locality is Bangladeshi Locality in Toronto. My Landlord is a Bangladeshi. He hails from Jessore and works in a respectable technical position in Toronto. His family and my family are like one family. They even arranged a transportation for my daughter to go to and come from school in this winter by their car. In summer they shared their garden vegetables to us like their own family. In terms of rental expenditure no one can measure these helps as deductions. These are only two I mentioned about them. Actually they are Awesome. For a family new to Canada, they can be your guide, mentor and right path shower for the first couple of months.

My landlord never told me to help him getting his apartment rented. I, myself, offering this to my forum members as an opportunity to rent this house. If not permanently, for some couple of months for your benefit. He is going to put an advertisement on 15th of this months like every other landlord. He is very likely to get it rented soon. However, if anyone is interested in, feel free to contact me @ +1-647-289-7743. or Contact me in my email id rahman_alig @ yahoo.com or in PM of this forum.

A tip for you : At least you have to stay 2 months in any house. Do not mention if you are planning for a short stay. 80% Chances are there that, once you are here you will like to stay here for longer. One more tip. Do not rent any basement or any house or any apartment without consulting your know person here in toronto and based on information available on Internet. Internet information are not false, but there are other factors you need to know from the people staying here. Good Luck for your renting.

Think, Discuss your connections here in Toronto, Feel free to pass my number to your connection in Toronto. Tell him/her to talk to me, manage some time to see the Basement where I leave and decide yourself. You can see the locality of the house in google. Contact me in my email id rahman_alig @ yahoo.com or in PM of the forum, I will let you know other details you may inquire about.

Keep me in your Dua as allways.

Dua for all.

Regards,

INDIANAJONES.
Thank you brother for your post.

Sent you PM Brother please check it.

INDIANAJONES

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
1st AOR Received : 09-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
DOCS Submitted : 03-FEB-2011
AOR Received.
ECAS : Medical Received
IELTS Request
Submitted with Score With 1st Application Package
File Transfer...
2nd AOR Received : 09-MAY-2011
Med's Request
11-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
20-NOV-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
06-DEC-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-JAN-2013 Valid Till 31-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
01 AUG 2013
mwm78 said:
Thank you brother for your post.

Sent you PM Brother please check it.
Dear mwm78,

Have Salaam,

Checked your post and mailed you. Please check and respond.

Dua for you and your family.

Please remember me in your dua.

INDIANAJONES.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013

sheikh958 said:
Public school cost 400 CAD per month in Canada??????????? So expensive.
No. Private Islamic English medium school will cost 400 CAD monthly.
Any public school is free upto university. It's by law.
I am worried about the co education system for my 12 year daughter.
For those with small kids might not explore private options. It's hell a pressure mate.
May be when they are grown if financial situation permits may explore this option.

Again these private school are not available every where. If it's far, transport is another head ache. And when we give initial career fight it's very difficult to drop and collect kids from school which is usually 8.45 am to 3.15 pm. There are way outs though, and you find these over time and experience.

Take care and Salam for now.

rony10

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2011
Doc's Request.
November 2013
Anyone has any idea where can FBI standard fingerprinting be taken in Dhaka? I will need to get FBI security clearance sometime in the future. But could not find any place where standard fingerprinting can be taken.

Problem is I found a post somewhere in Canadavisa forum complaining his fingerprint form was rejected multiple times by FBI as it was not in 'FBI standard'. Anyone has any idea?