+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
AZMO said:
Dear Sumon vai...I have been driving for last 4 years in dhaka & I have already got the international driving licence & a letter of authentication on my licence from BRTA dhaka. Now my question is ,with this documents which test should I face--G2 or G test?
AzMo
Bhai, I am not an expert, till as far as my knowledge, it's the Bangladesh high commission who are to certify the authenticity of Bangladeshi driving licence in Toronto. With that we applicants apply for the waiver. But remember the international licence is valid for only one year from the date of first issuance. After that it's invalid. So.........maley Bari ;D

hoquejamal

Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
In process - 08 March 2012
Med's Request
15 Nov 2012 (issued), 29 Nov 2012 (received)
Med's Done....
Med 04 Dec 2012, Other Doc 10 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
25 Feb 2013, Submitted 26 Feb 2013, Recieved by Visa office 1 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
9 April 2013
LANDED..........
6 September 2013
Amirul001 said:
Dear Hoquejamal Bhai,

we are planning to move saskatoon on 1oth Nov, can you pls advise house rent cost and house availability in saskatoon for two person.
pls advise your landing experience.

Thanks/Amirul
Amirul vai,
Please go to this link and you'll find many options.
http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/f-real-estate-W0QQCatIdZ34
Beside that, if you are one couple, the minimum apartment rent will start from $750-$800.
I would suggest you to look rent in the EAST side of saskatoon as this is more secure than the west side. Jodio west side e rent kom but please don't forget that safety 1st. Try to find apartments closer to shops, bus service, or your study/work place thus it can reduce your transportation cost.

Landing experience:
our experience is very nice. Canaday shobai khub e friendly and helpful. amader immigration Vancouver e hoyeche. everything went well. Amader goods to accompany list e electronics er serial number likha chilona. Yet the customs officer amader chance diyeche amra oikhane boshe laptop on kore serial number likhe diyechi and she accepted it. From Vancouver to Calgary our flight was delayed and for that we missed the calgary to saskatoon flight as amadder just back to back flight chilo. And we were so tensed je abaro $500 diye ticket katte hobe plus whole night airport e thakte hobe with 6 luggage. But the airline company amader next morning er 1st flight free of charge change kore diyeche and also amader Delta hotel e room diyeche for that night which was also free of any cost. All the time they were apologizing for their delayed flight and the problem it caused us. Anyways, the other day morning, we landed in saskatoon and then came to my sister's place. Only job/study ki korbo shetar chinta chara life is good. ektu direction pele ei lost feeling ta kome jeto. But this is also natural I think and it will take time to settle down. Already applied for SIN, health card, PR card and will be doing a lot in next few weeks. Next week e we ll go to open door and SIAST to explore a little bit. Till then, bye and we'll get back to you again.

Wish you all the best and please keep us in your prayers.

Shah_KL

Mar 13, 2013
AZMO said:
Dear Sumon vai...I have been driving for last 4 years in dhaka & I have already got the international driving licence & a letter of authentication on my licence from BRTA dhaka. Now my question is ,with this documents which test should I face--G2 or G test?

AzMo
If you can show your record of 4 years driving (24 months or more), and our BD high comm can certify this, then 2 years (1+1) mandatory waiting time will be waived and you can directly go for G exit test. If you fail on that test, then you have to go for G2 exit test.

If you can't prove your 4 years driving experience, but just have a valid license for 1 year (with a certification letter), then only 1 year will be waived and you can go for G2 test. After passing that, you have to wait for 1 year to go for G test.

One thing to remember, the original license must be valid at least for one year when you are going for the G1 knowledge test.
Also, normally those authentication is valid for six months from the date it is issued. So its better to go for the G1 test just after landing here, as the G1 license will be valid for 5 years - you can go for the exit tests anytime within this time.

Thanks

azaman

Sep 15, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1 2010
Doc's Request.
October 6 2010
Nomination.....
Doc submit Nov 16, 2010
AOR Received.
January 11, 2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
In Process since Mar 7, 2012
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 6, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 23, 2013
LANDED..........
October 6, 2013
dear forum members,

I have the following questions:

1) Will the money in an Australian bank be shown as PoF if I carry the debit card and statement at the time of landing?

2) How long does it take now to get back passports from Singapore visa office, i mean, with visa?

if anyone can respond.

thanks

z

azaman

Sep 15, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1 2010
Doc's Request.
October 6 2010
Nomination.....
Doc submit Nov 16, 2010
AOR Received.
January 11, 2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
In Process since Mar 7, 2012
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 6, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 23, 2013
LANDED..........
October 6, 2013
Cost of living in Toronto:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Canada&city=Toronto

nivrit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011 from SGVO
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16 Nov 2012 rcvd: 3 December 2012
Med's Done....
4 December 2012/ 22 February 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 May 2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
hhshumon said:
Bhai, I am not an expert, till as far as my knowledge, it's the Bangladesh high commission who are to certify the authenticity of Bangladeshi driving licence in Toronto. With that we applicants apply for the waiver. But remember the international licence is valid for only one year from the date of first issuance. After that it's invalid. So.........maley Bari ;D
Vi,

There is no hard and fast rule for driving license exchange in Ontario and Quebec. However, I would prefer to visit BDHC in Ottawa to authorize the international driving license.

I think previous people's comment is also true regarding on date of issuance.

QC allows even Bangladeshi Driving License (not the international one) to rent cars in QC. It differs from state to state. So, go with your license and authorization. Best of luck!

KFH

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Oct 2012
Med's Done....
completed babys medical on 28 Feb 2013
Interview........
Alhamdulillah waived
Passport Req..
Submitted on 05/07/2013 via Fedex
VISA ISSUED...
July 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah on September 2013
azaman said:
dear forum members,

I have the following questions:

1) Will the money in an Australian bank be shown as PoF if I carry the debit card and statement at the time of landing?

2) How long does it take now to get back passports from Singapore visa office, i mean, with visa?

if anyone can respond.

thanks

z
I hope to use Debit card and Bank statement from USA.

for passport return usual is 45-55 days but might take more time depending on ur luck. Hope that helps (I got my pp back within 41 days of submission)

KFH

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Oct 2012
Med's Done....
completed babys medical on 28 Feb 2013
Interview........
Alhamdulillah waived
Passport Req..
Submitted on 05/07/2013 via Fedex
VISA ISSUED...
July 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah on September 2013
dear forum mates,

InshaaAllah I would land in Canada next week....pls pray for us.....InshaaAllah would share my experience later....now busy with packing.....

KFH

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
KFH said:
dear forum mates,
InshaaAllah I would land in Canada next week....pls pray for us.....InshaaAllah would share my experience later....now busy with packing.....
KFH
Best of luck..........Salam and very best wishes for the new start. ;)

Shah_KL

Mar 13, 2013
nivrit said:
Vi,

There is no hard and fast rule for driving license exchange in Ontario and Quebec. However, I would prefer to visit BDHC in Ottawa to authorize the international driving license.

I think previous people's comment is also true regarding on date of issuance.

QC allows even Bangladeshi Driving License (not the international one) to rent cars in QC. It differs from state to state. So, go with your license and authorization. Best of luck!
I just checked the BD high comm web site, seems they can do these attestation via mail.

"Information on Certificate for Driver's License:
Please duly fill-in the prescribed form with one copy of passport-size photograph and a copy of applicant's Bangladesh Passport. The original driver's license issued from Bangladesh has to be enclosed. Attach necessary bank draft / money order. Also provide a pre-paid express post envelope if you mail your application."
[source: http://www.bdhcottawa.ca/index.php/consular-service/attestation]

Depending on the urgency, the charges are C$25 to C$40. A prepaid post envelope costs C$10.

TQ..

Amirul001

Nov 15, 2011
hoquejamal said:
Amirul vai,
Beside that, if you are one couple, the minimum apartment rent will start from $750-$800.
I would suggest you to look rent in the EAST side of saskatoon as this is more secure than the west side. Jodio west side e rent kom but please don't forget that safety 1st. Try to find apartments closer to shops, bus service, or your study/work place thus it can reduce your transportation cost.

Landing experience:
our experience is very nice. Canaday shobai khub e friendly and helpful. amader immigration Vancouver e hoyeche. everything went well. Amader goods to accompany list e electronics er serial number likha chilona. Yet the customs officer amader chance diyeche amra oikhane boshe laptop on kore serial number likhe diyechi and she accepted it. From Vancouver to Calgary our flight was delayed and for that we missed the calgary to saskatoon flight as amadder just back to back flight chilo. And we were so tensed je abaro $500 diye ticket katte hobe plus whole night airport e thakte hobe with 6 luggage. But the airline company amader next morning er 1st flight free of charge change kore diyeche and also amader Delta hotel e room diyeche for that night which was also free of any cost. All the time they were apologizing for their delayed flight and the problem it caused us. Anyways, the other day morning, we landed in saskatoon and then came to my sister's place. Only job/study ki korbo shetar chinta chara life is good. ektu direction pele ei lost feeling ta kome jeto. But this is also natural I think and it will take time to settle down. Already applied for SIN, health card, PR card and will be doing a lot in next few weeks. Next week e we ll go to open door and SIAST to explore a little bit. Till then, bye and we'll get back to you again.

Dear Jamal Bhai,

Thanks a lot for your nice reply and explanation. hope to see you once landed in Saskatoon, inshahallah,
Have a nice day.

Thanks/Amirul

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
hoquejamal said:
Amirul vai,

Landing experience:

Excellent post.. Good luck!

iaamith

Sep 5, 2013
hello guys

i applied in FSW 2013 Under Noc: 1112. My File Reached 27th may 2013. Still I didn't got any mail form CIC. So what does it mean the NOC: 1112 Cap Reached or still i have the chance to get a good news.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
iaamith said:
hello guys
i applied in FSW 2013 Under Noc: 1112. My File Reached 27th may 2013. Still I didn't got any mail form CIC. So what does it mean the NOC: 1112 Cap Reached or still i have the chance to get a good news.
No idea mate. Better keep exploring forums for new regulations. Cheers................. ;)

mullermax387

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
In Process from 17 January 2013
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-01-2013, RPRF, PCC, Med received 03-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
How r u all, brothers? Those who r coming shortly please try to contact somebody who can refer you to some white-collar job. The reality is: without reference it's really tough here to get a job as per your expectation. hence, it's better to harbor a mentality to do any factory/ survival job initially forgetting who we were in Bangladesh. My experience is: I found myself unfit for any survival jobs (though nearly all the forum-mates i am in contact with are doing a job which don't go with their qualifications). And I got admitted into Centennial College in 'Software Engineering Technology in Interactive Gaming-co-op' course, which may help me getting a good job in future. Experienced persons here also recommend having a Canadian degree first rather than hopping into any odd job. But exceptions are always there. Some of our forum-mates like canadalove apa r doing fine from the very beginning. I am looking forward to applying for OSAP (though once i'll have to pay it back) and trying to manage a part-time work in off days. I think it's the best decision. What do you say??

[Come here. You'll love the country. Everything is awesome here except the employment system. We r roaming about all the excellent places here.]