ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
khan123 said:
Hi,

Can you please elaborate the whole process of ECA from Bangladesh?
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]1st Step:

U need to make true copy of the photocopy of marksheet and certificate (only this two) of ur undergrad and masters(if any) from the controller of exam of ur respective university. he will provide this docs with a sealed univ envelope.

2nd step:

U can then courier to WES/other designated ( its better to do form WES, as they are economic and less time consuming) address. before that u will need to make an account from WES website and pay the evaluation fee (regular fee 180$+shipping cost, if u choose secured which i will prefer to do that).

within one week u gonna get two copy of evaluated copy...

for more info/account opening u can check below two links :

http://www.wes.org/fswp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-04-18.asp

Thanks... :D :D

[/size][/size][/size]

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
Shah_KL said:
Dear All,

As'salam!

Since I joined in this forum, I am a silent reader most of the time and try to read posts every now and then. I landed in Toronto 3 months ago, and now like to share my little experience that I gained in the last few months..Hope it'll not hurt anybody..

One thing I understand, this country open for anybody who are willing to work hard. If you want to do any type of jobs, it wont be difficult to live. Just forget about your old comfortableness back at home (or aram-ayesh !). Actually you will feel happy when you'll do hard work at your job and getting the pay checks. The workplace environment is so good here, you will feel good even you are doing factory jobs. I know there could be some exceptions (as there always are), but generally it is like that. No bullying, no underestimating, no foul talks...
The employer doesn't see what positions you were in or what you did back your home. They only see if you are doing your jobs properly, and you are good.

If you are not working, try to attend those government funded programs. You will get Canadian experience (work culture and environment) through these courses also meet new people which will grow your network.

Those who are still very confused (like me when I was coming !) about what to bring or what not to, I want to say don't worry about anything. You have a valid visa on your passport and have some cash for the first few months - and that's it. You choose a good landlord, take a small flat or basement apartment, and make new friends (which is very important!). Your network will bring you jobs. Its up to you whether will you do it or not.

I am living in Brampton area, haven't meet any BDeshi vai (other than my own brother) since my arrival. Mostly I meet people from Punjab and other parts of India. They are good and very supportive. Most of them I found are very friendly and down to earth people. I like them. They also like to see similar approach on yourself and they will help you whenever possible.

Try to explore as much as you can.. You may bring certified driving license from BD so that you can get a driving license and car easily, (those who already got the experience of driving) but my suggestion is to try the public transport. It is very good. Have a smartphone with Google map and GPS. With that you can get all info about bus/train arrival/departure time so that you can plan your journey. Most people on the public service system are eager to help you - just ask them if you got stuck.

This country encourage you to be independent..So you need to get everything on your own as much as possible. You will feel happy and confident and be successful end of the day..

Thanks everyone and happy landing..

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Thanks for sharing bro....wish u a very successful career ... ;D ;D ;D[/size][/size]

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
hhshumon said:
October 10th insallah. Will be there till 20th night. Post me ur cell number, will try to catch up. Regs
send u a PM bro

aditto

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Dhaka Bangladesh.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shah_KL said:
Dear All,

As'salam!

Since I joined in this forum, I am a silent reader most of the time and try to read posts every now and then. I landed in Toronto 3 months ago, and now like to share my little experience that I gained in the last few months..Hope it'll not hurt anybody..

One thing I understand, this country open for anybody who are willing to work hard. If you want to do any type of jobs, it wont be difficult to live. Just forget about your old comfortableness back at home (or aram-ayesh !). Actually you will feel happy when you'll do hard work at your job and getting the pay checks. The workplace environment is so good here, you will feel good even you are doing factory jobs. I know there could be some exceptions (as there always are), but generally it is like that. No bullying, no underestimating, no foul talks...
The employer doesn't see what positions you were in or what you did back your home. They only see if you are doing your jobs properly, and you are good.

If you are not working, try to attend those government funded programs. You will get Canadian experience (work culture and environment) through these courses also meet new people which will grow your network.

Those who are still very confused (like me when I was coming !) about what to bring or what not to, I want to say don't worry about anything. You have a valid visa on your passport and have some cash for the first few months - and that's it. You choose a good landlord, take a small flat or basement apartment, and make new friends (which is very important!). Your network will bring you jobs. Its up to you whether will you do it or not.

I am living in Brampton area, haven't meet any BDeshi vai (other than my own brother) since my arrival. Mostly I meet people from Punjab and other parts of India. They are good and very supportive. Most of them I found are very friendly and down to earth people. I like them. They also like to see similar approach on yourself and they will help you whenever possible.

Try to explore as much as you can.. You may bring certified driving license from BD so that you can get a driving license and car easily, (those who already got the experience of driving) but my suggestion is to try the public transport. It is very good. Have a smartphone with Google map and GPS. With that you can get all info about bus/train arrival/departure time so that you can plan your journey. Most people on the public service system are eager to help you - just ask them if you got stuck.

This country encourage you to be independent..So you need to get everything on your own as much as possible. You will feel happy and confident and be successful end of the day..

Thanks everyone and happy landing..
Dear Brother
Could you please explain about certified driving licence?

Aditto

Shah_KL

Mar 13, 2013
aditto said:
Dear Brother
Could you please explain about certified driving licence?

Aditto
Dear Aditto,
Trying to explain..If you have a driving license other than a left handed driving countries, your license has to be translated (if not in English/French) and certified by your license issuing country's high commission in Canada. Only then your earlier driving license will be accepted as a foreign driving experience. Then you will be waived for 1 or 2 years (based on your driving experience record you have showed) of mandatory waiting period of getting G2 (driving in the city) or G (driving in the highway & city) license. However, you must pass the road test (they call it exit test) to eligible to drive in Canada (this is the rule at least in Ontario).

Do not bring any International Driving license as they don't accept it as a proof of license.

I know Malaysian high comm in Ottawa do these service (translation+certification) but not sure about BD high commission (If anybody of this forum know this, please confirm here).

Hope this would help..

Shah_KL

Mar 13, 2013
hhshumon said:
That's called a post, you try to post !! The simplicity, warmth and the encouragement.
Keep it up, Cheers and maley Bari........................mate ;D
Thanks Shumon bhai.. :)

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
Shah_KL said:
Dear Aditto,
Trying to explain..If you have a driving license other than a left handed driving countries, your license has to be translated (if not in English/French) and certified by your license issuing country's high commission in Canada. Only then your earlier driving license will be accepted as a foreign driving experience. Then you will be waived for 1 or 2 years (based on your driving experience record you have showed) of mandatory waiting period of getting G2 (driving in the city) or G (driving in the highway & city) license. However, you must pass the road test (they call it exit test) to eligible to drive in Canada (this is the rule at least in Ontario).

Do not bring any International Driving license as they don't accept it as a proof of license.

I know Malaysian high comm in Ottawa do these service (translation+certification) but not sure about BD high commission (If anybody of this forum know this, please confirm here).

Hope this would help..
One Question...if our licence is already in English even then do we need to get attestation from anywhere e.g High commission etc???

Amirul001

Nov 15, 2011
hoquejamal said:
We have landed in Saskatoon safely and we both are fine, Alhamdulillah... However, we miss one of our flight from Calgary to Saskatchewan, but they have compensated by giving a wonderful hotel to stay overnight and next day flight. Still going through a jet-lag, hence trying to overcome from the situation.

We are absolutely Okay and keep us in all of your prayers.
I'll definitely get back to you later.
Dear Hoquejamal Bhai,

we are planning to move saskatoon on 1oth Nov, can you pls advise house rent cost and house availability in saskatoon for two person.
pls advise your landing experience.

Thanks/Amirul

aditto

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Dhaka Bangladesh.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shah_KL said:
Dear Aditto,

Hope this would help..
Brother

Thanks for your nice post. My driving licence is already in English & machine readable.
Do i need anything else? Again thanks to save my tk.2500+2500=5000(International Driving Licence charge)

Aditto.

Shah_KL

Mar 13, 2013
klmy said:
One Question...if our licence is already in English even then do we need to get attestation from anywhere e.g High commission etc???
The answer is - Yes, it is mandatory !

Below is quoted from Drivetest.ca (link: http://drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Out-of-Country-Drivers.aspx)
"4. Letters of Authentication

An original Letter of Authentication in the support of the licence being presented is mandatory when claiming more than 12 months previous driving experience."

As a side note:

"If the original licence is not in English or French, a licence translation is not required if a supporting Letter of Authentication from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioner’s Office in either English or French is provided."

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
aditto said:
Brother
Thanks for your nice post. My driving licence is already in English & machine readable.
Do i need anything else? Again thanks to save my tk.2500+2500=5000(International Driving Licence charge)
Aditto.
Sorry ratan bhai, might be a chance Taka save hobey na :p (link: http://drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Out-of-Country-Drivers.aspx)
Read the link, if you have int driving licence you can drive upto 60 days legally with that. (But you need all inclusive insurance policy for that car on any driver though)
If you don't need/plan to drive within those 60 days you don't need an int' driving licence.
Maley bari...................................... ;D

aditto

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Dhaka Bangladesh.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hhshumon said:
Sorry ratan bhai, might be a chance Taka save hobey na :p (link: http://drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Out-of-Country-Drivers.aspx)
Read the link, if you have int driving licence you can drive upto 60 days legally with that. (But you need all inclusive insurance policy for that car on any driver though)
If you don't need/plan to drive within those 60 days you don't need an int' driving licence.
Maley bari...................................... ;D

:'( :'( :-\ :-\ :-\

AZMO

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct'10
AOR Received.
Feb'11(PER); Mar'11(2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Mar'11
Med's Request
May'13
Med's Done....
June'13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August'13
VISA ISSUED...
August'13
LANDED..........
Hopefully this year
Dear Sumon vai...I have been driving for last 4 years in dhaka & I have already got the international driving licence & a letter of authentication on my licence from BRTA dhaka. Now my question is ,with this documents which test should I face--G2 or G test?

AzMo