ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taking gold (wedding ornaments) to Canada from Dhaka.

msd009 said:
Yeah, It was really an informative and enjoyable adda. Hope we will not face any difficulties to move on. Now it's the time to make final plan to departure. We are grateful to Shumon bhai who makes this platform to find some new friends. I believe we will continue our relationship forever.

Rgds/Bakhtiar
Dear Bakhtiar bhai & all others who attended the coffee world rd 27 get-together,

Question-1: How to take gold (wedding ornaments) from Dhaka to Canada during the flight ?

Question-2: What kind of harassment Bangladesh Immigration police does when they see a Bangladeshi family Immigrating to Canada wearing all her wedding GOLD ornaments ?

Please suggest ......

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msd009 said:
We have discussed about the following:

POF ( Bank draft. TC, Cash)
Initial health insurance after or before landing
Driver's licence in Canada
International Driver's licence
Where to live and why.
Credential assessment.
Jobs/Education related matter.
Schooling of our children.
Other Settlement issues and so on.

Rgds/Bakhtiar
Dear All,

In our next get-together can we please add the subject of "Taking gold wedding ornaments to Canada from Dhaka" & "harassment Bangladesh Immigration police" for taking all that amount of gold.

fahima

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Dear all,

We are four members family with 2 kids of 6.5 and 2.5 years old. I like to fly mid Aug.13. Which flight is suitable for us as well as good connection? Despite costly, Emirates is best, what about Tarkis, Z-Air and others? Pl.advise me.

soarer

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoquejamal said:
Also, i am planning to buy jet airways ticket Dhaka-Delhi-Toronto-Saskatchewan for September 6th.
Any suggestion/help?
You can try Qatar Airways also.

soarer

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ziaul said:
20 May, the memorial day of my life.
After wait of 2 yrs 9.5 months, today my ecas showing golden words DECISION MADE. Also VFS email showing processed PP released.
On the other hand, today my DIFFERENCE (presentation of thesis), the last exam of PhD took place.
Thanks to almighty ALLAH.
By the way, I am planning buy ticket for last week of August.
If anybody accompany me, I will be very pleased.
Pray for mine.
Hope everybody will be succeed.
Which city you are going to?

GTL

Jan 8, 2012
Calgary,Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Singaore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/06/2010
Doc's Request.
06/10/2010
AOR Received.
23/12/2010
File Transfer...
In Process Since 14 Feb, 2012
Med's Request
Received 22/11/2012 Issued 15/11/2012,
Med's Done....
Medical Done 1st Dec and Sent Documents 6th Dec
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11/06/2013, submitted at VFS on 11/06/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued 4th July & Received 14th July
LANDED..........
on 21st sep 2013
Today i celebrate birthday of my canada immigration file.today it's 3 years old.
1st application sent on-26th may,2010.
So can anyone suggest me what i have to do today?

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
Re: Taking gold (wedding ornaments) to Canada from Dhaka.

A. Khan said:
Dear hhshumon bhai & ruparupa apa & all others who attended the coffee world rd 27 get-together,
Question-1: How to take gold (wedding ornaments) from Dhaka to Canada during the flight ?
Question-2: What kind of harassment Bangladesh Immigration police does when they see a Bangladeshi family Immigrating to Canada wearing all her wedding GOLD ornaments ?
Please suggest ......
Why you need to wear weeding ornaments during flight? You are allowed to carry an ornament box for free. Just fill the form, for things u r carrying with photographs n price in CAD, put everything in that box, n that's all. Just remember the immigration officer will find u very unusual, if u start traveling wearing wedding ornaments, and this will happen in every airport. you are bound to open every metal thing in every aircraft secyrity checking gate. this would end up in serious hasttle, this is never the way, be in comfortable staff for a long journey. Just be regular, as u are allowed to carry even 20 bhori gold if its your personal use in an ornament box and u can carry it like a laptop bag for free. (Check the back of the printed ticket for the free staff and allowance, even the web portal of the airline).

Bakhtiar Bhai forward the form to all of us please. (Things to carry, n things to follow form). I have lost the link for it. Best regards to very one...... And cheers.... ;D

Applied2009

Star Member
May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
Doc's Request.
12-08-2009
AOR Received.
19-08-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
14-10-2013
GTL said:
Today i celebrate birthday of my canada immigration file.today it's 3 years old.
1st application sent on-26th may,2010.
So can anyone suggest me what i have to do today?
2 rakaat nafal perh ker dua kero :)

msd009

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with full document
Med's Request
Received on 14th February 2013 dated on 29th January 2013
Med's Done....
Done on 23 February 2013 RPRF and other document sent on 04 March 2013
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Received on 01st April Sent on 03rd April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April received on 05th May 2013
LANDED..........
Mid of August 2013 Insaallah
Re: Taking gold (wedding ornaments) to Canada from Dhaka.

hhshumon said:
Why you need to wear weeding ornaments during flight? You are allowed to carry an ornament box for free. Just fill the form, for things u r carrying with photographs n price in CAD, put everything in that box, n that's all. Just remember the immigration officer will find u very unusual, if u start traveling wearing wedding ornaments, and this will happen in every airport. you are bound to open every metal thing in every aircraft secyrity checking gate. this would end up in serious hasttle, this is never the way, be in comfortable staff for a long journey. Just be regular, as u are allowed to carry even 20 bhori gold if its your personal use in an ornament box and u can carry it like a laptop bag for free. (Check the back of the printed ticket for the free staff and allowance, even the web portal of the airline).

Bakhtiar Bhai forward the form to all of us please. (Things to carry, n things to follow form). I have lost the link for it. Best regards to very one...... And cheers.... ;D
ITEMS TO CARRY FROM HOMELAND: (COPIED FROM SIR QORAX INDEX)
Very debatable... I would say, do your maths first. Is the extra baggage costs worth the effort? Most items are readily available in Canada, also at very reasonable price.

Ditto for Indian Food & Spices [Rice, Dal, Pickles, Papad (?) etc.] And ditto for Italian [Pasta, Lasagna etc.], Japanese [Sushi, Tapanyaki, Teriyaki etc.], Tex-Mex, you name it.

Besides, many items are also not permitted entry. And there is otherwise a quality/quantity restriction as well. Check the CBSA website for those. Moreover, hiring a container full of goods? I'd say No... No. It may not be worthwhile at all.

What To Take? [Purely My Advise]:
1. Personal effects [for imdt use, large quantities... No]
2. General clothing [some warm ones also]
3. Laptop [no desk top, printer etc.]
4. Digicam / Camcorder
5. Heirlooms [heritage collections, murals, artifacts etc.] -Check CBSA rules.
6. Original Certificates / Documents
7. Prescription Medicines
8. Books & DVDs
9. Mobile Phone* [non CDMA] -a NA charger will be needed
*Only GSM850-1900MHz models [that's the Canadian frequency -not all countries have that]

What "Not" To Take? [Purely My Advise]:
1. Furniture [whatever, small or big]
2. TV [even if it's an LCD], Fridge, Washing machine etc.
3. Curtains, Bedspreads, Pillows & linens
4. Cars, Bikes etc.
5. Large-sized Toys of kids
6. Food [Perishable or Non-perishable] items
7. Over-the-Counter Medicines
8. Meat or Meat products [including Fowl, Fish etc.]

NOTE: Asian make electronic/electrical items won't work in Canada. [read 230 vs 110 Volts]

GOODS LISTS [FORM B4 / B4A]:
All goods that we carry, either 'on person' or 'following' needs to be 'listed' in form B4 / B4A, separately. These forms are available in the CBSA website, link given below:
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

It is the same form for 'Goods Accompanying' & 'Goods to follow'. We should club similar items in groups [eg. DVDs: Qty-98, Books: Qty-42 etc.].

The entire list should be priced against each group & totalled in the end. We should carry 'original' invoices for high-end items [Diamonds -MUST]. Others can be broadly/generally priced, but appropriate.

Jewelry items MUST be listed [each item wise]; and should carry their "photographs". We should print-out the pics under similar groups [eg. Rings -all in one or more pages, Necklaces -in another page etc.]

We'll need 2 copies of each form, as one would be kept by the CBSA & one would be returned to us, for 'customs' clearance. This 2nd copy will be signed & stamped by the CBSA at the POE.

NOTE: All goods brought for 'landing' are non-taxed. If we were to bring-in goods 'later', either by personal carriage or thru a transporter, this list MUST be stamped on the 1st Landing. Else, they will be 'dutiable'. No compromise on that is possible. That's the law.

N.B: ABOVE DETAILS ARE COPIED FROM SIR QORAX INDEX
For more details about while landing for the 1st time, what to expect & to do... please go through the following:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36735.0.html

rgds/bakhtiar

msd009

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with full document
Med's Request
Received on 14th February 2013 dated on 29th January 2013
Med's Done....
Done on 23 February 2013 RPRF and other document sent on 04 March 2013
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Received on 01st April Sent on 03rd April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April received on 05th May 2013
LANDED..........
Mid of August 2013 Insaallah
fahima said:
Dear all,

We are four members family with 2 kids of 6.5 and 2.5 years old. I like to fly mid Aug.13. Which flight is suitable for us as well as good connection? Despite costly, Emirates is best, what about Tarkis, Z-Air and others? Pl.advise me.
Hi,
Emirates should be better option but in Aug the price is huge. I managed it through IOM for mid Aug 2013 for BDT: 82000.00/Audult whereas if I can go either in July or September the price goes to BDT:72000.00/Adult.

Turkish and Jet-Airway's are cheap but not comfortable enough when you are planning to travel with your kids. Besides that the tickets are not available and costly for Aug 2013.

Best of luck.
Bakhtiar

Ziaul

Jan 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August,2010
AOR Received.
PER on 24Nov,2010
File Transfer...
February2,2011
Med's Request
9 Janu, received 14 January, 2013
Med's Done....
17 January, 2013; Arrived to Phillipine 22.1.2013
Interview........
04 Dec, 2012; Dhaka
Passport Req..
08 March, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
16 May, 2013; Received 22 May'13
LANDED..........
27 Sep'2013

fahima

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
msd009 said:
Hi,
Emirates should be better option but in Aug the price is huge. I managed it through IOM for mid Aug 2013 for BDT: 82000.00/Audult whereas if I can go either in July or September the price goes to BDT:72000.00/Adult.

Turkish and Jet-Air's are cheap but not comfortable enough when you are planning to go with your kids. Besids that the tickets are not available and costly for Aug 2013.

Best of luck.
Bakhtiar
Thank you very much Bakhtiar bai for your information. I submitted my PP 13th may and hoping to get beck mid/end of june. can i purchase ticket for mid aug thr. IOM now despite I do not get pp. Should it wise to buy ticket adv.before receiving PP?. Pl.advice me.

fahima

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
msd009 said:
We have discussed about the following:

POF ( Bank draft. TC, Cash)
Initial health insurance after or before landing
Driver's licence in Canada
International Driver's licence
Where to live and why.
Credential assessment.
Jobs/Education related matter.
Schooling of our children.
Other Settlement issues and so on.

dear Baktiar bai,

I could not attend this important meeting despite have required much information of above mentioned matter. Moreover, I am staying outside Dhaka. If you not feeling hassle put the meeting out come above matter to ourselves.

mkhanpal

May 26, 2013
dear all bangali member,

my present residence in dubai , uae since 1 mar. 2012. i wanna go to canada with work permit. so, i wanna apply canada embassy at dubai.
though , my nationality is bangladeshi. i m working as security officer. so have i any chance to get visa???
which province + category will be appropriare for easy process????

plss amak suggest korun. r job er jonno kono link thakle shRe korun.
a to z process jante chai. r dubai er visa ban ase. so vaia n apura sobai dua korben.

dhoonad sobaik.

mrk2011

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO/AUVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 08 , 2011
Nomination.....
May 08 , 2011
AOR Received.
June 08 , 2011
File Transfer...
In Process since April 09, 2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2013
Interview........
may be waived
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear GTL, have you made any CSE ever. If so, what was the reply.