Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear Tokon bhai

first of all.. heartiest congratulations on the good news... i would like to ask few questions... Did bhabi went there alone? Meaning it was not mandatory for all the passport holders to be present at the time of submission? Also where did she stay? Accomodation cost? And lastly was it Tiger airlines or singapore airlines? how much was the ticket price and how many days it took for visa?

Sorry to bother u like this and may u have a fantastic life with your family in Canada... The promised land...

br

FSQ591

tokon said:
Dear Forum members,

This is our very great pleasure to inform you that at last our waiting journey has come to an end. Today my wife has collected our visa and COPR docs from Singapore VO. I am very thankful to all of you for the moral support and fellow-feeling that you have showed to me during my 2.5 years journey. I wish and pray every single forum member will get their visa sooner or later. Please also remember me in your prayer as well.

NOTE for VISA COLLECTION IN PERSON: Those who are planning to collect visa in person, please bear in mind passport intake time at VO is 8.30 am -12.30 pm. So don't worry if you reach after 9.30 as stated in PPR doc.

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
Quote from: eemmoo1 on October 10, 2012, 05:03:37 am
By the Grace of Almighty Allah,

Just now received email from my consultants about request for update documents. List of documents is same:

New forms all;
Funds;
PCC for each country
Recent photos

But given only 30 days to respond back. InshAllah all of us will hear gud news soon.

debu

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2010
Doc's Request.
03-05-2010
AOR Received.
01-07-2010
IELTS Request
Sent through BC
File Transfer...
11-05-2010; Updated Docs Req 04/01/2012, Sent 24/01/2012, In-Process 30th April, 2012
Med's Request
Received on 01-07-2012 dated 25-06-2012
Med's Done....
07-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully in April 2013
tokon said:
Dear Forum members,

This is our very great pleasure to inform you that at last our waiting journey has come to an end. Today my wife has collected our visa and COPR docs from Singapore VO. I am very thankful to all of you for the moral support and fellow-feeling that you have showed to me during my 2.5 years journey. I wish and pray every single forum member will get their visa sooner or later. Please also remember me in your prayer as well.

NOTE for VISA COLLECTION IN PERSON: Those who are planning to collect visa in person, please bear in mind passport intake time at VO is 8.30 am -12.30 pm. So don't worry if you reach after 9.30 as stated in PPR doc.
Dear Tokon Bhai,
Congratulations for the success, wish very best to you all.

Best regards,
Dibakar

anwar405z

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
Doc's Request.
20-07-2010
IELTS Request
11-08-2010
File Transfer...
08-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2012 (dated 06-07-2012)
Med's Done....
19-07-2012 (Doc send 25-07-2012)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Allah Knows
LANDED..........
March-13
tokon said:
Dear Forum members,

Congratulation Tokon Bhai ....

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
tokon said:
Dear Forum members,

Congrats...You have completed Level-1 Mission Successfully. Wish you can start Level-2 Mission also successfully and overcome all the obstacles over there.
Wish you a good life in Canada...

tokon

Oct 3, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-10
AOR Received.
3.7.10 (1st AOR) & 1.10.11 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
6.7.10 to SVO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
February-2013
fsq591 said:
Dear Tokon bhai

first of all.. heartiest congratulations on the good news... i would like to ask few questions... Did bhabi went there alone? Meaning it was not mandatory for all the passport holders to be present at the time of submission? Also where did she stay? Accomodation cost? And lastly was it Tiger airlines or singapore airlines? how much was the ticket price and how many days it took for visa?

Sorry to bother u like this and may u have a fantastic life with your family in Canada... The promised land...

br

FSQ591
Hi FSQ, Yes, she went there alone with the authorization letter on behalf of our passports. She travelled by Tiger but the ticket price went higher than 40k bdt as we purchased it at the last hour due to visa approval. For accommodation, it didnt take much as we expected and for inter-city travel she could manage MRT service. Here, let me express my deep gratitude to Roozbeh and Shahriar Shumon bhai for their continuous guidance and support because we have followed their footmarks. That's it!!

Cheers to the Forum and more cheers to its helpful members.

mthjay

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
05-08-2010 (Singapore)
IELTS Request
Sent with the 2nd document (AOR)
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
12-10-2012 (Received on 17-10-2012)
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Letter Issued: 20-11-2012; Received: 26-11-2012 (Submitted on 17-12-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2013 (Valid till 21-10-2013)
LANDED..........
Not yet planned
pr1979 said:
Just sent
[Please also send it to me, if possible. Thanks in advance.]

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tokon said:
Dear Forum members,

Congratulation !!

mosev72

Jul 11, 2012
minuanwar said:
Badal bhai,

Would you please provide a nice resume which is fit for the job market in Canada ? We really do not know about the perfect resume for Canada job market.--minuanwar /
@minuanwar,
There are some professional resume makers in Canada. They will make resume based on your profile. Cost is around $50 to $200 (Cand). Also local libraries carry resume guides which can help you as well.
There are some organizations subsidies by the Govt. will help you to develop your resume once you are here. You will get an information package upon arrival in Canada.
You can also get help from professional Bengali community network in Canada

S

shaon31

mosev72 said:
@ minuanwar,
There are some professional resume makers in Canada. They will make resume based on your profile. Cost is around $50 to $200 (Cand). Also local libraries carry resume guides which can help you as well.
There are some organizations subsidies by the Govt. will help you to develop your resume once you are here. You will get an information package upon arrival in Canada.
You can also get help from professional Bengali community network in Canada
Those who are going to land in Toronto, Canada ... you can check out the following organization.

http://www.skillsforchange.org/

They help new immigrants in various aspect... Resume Writing, Job Search ... I found them very helpful ... specially the flemingdon park branch.

10 Gateway Boulevard
416-645-2489

Cheers

tamim07

Jan 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
waiting........
tokon said:
Dear Forum members,

Congratulations........

tamim07

Jan 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
waiting........
Raj_Hoque said:
Check this out from Qorax...

For those planning for Toronto....

author=qorax link=topic=66734.msg1296720#msg1296720 date=1330099467]
Toronto - Living costs (a guideline only)

U'd generally be Ok with $2500-3500 per month.
-House Rent: $700-1300 depending on what/where u locate/chose. Anything less than $700 would be shady!
-Heat & Hydro: If u take a condo, add another $100 a month to the above.
-Cable/Internet/Phone: $125-200 depending ur usage/preferance. Anything less than $125 would be tearsome!
-Conveyance: $100-200 depending on ur efficiency. Anything less than $100 would make u immobile!
-Fuel: Add $200-300 on the above if u have a car. Else u r semi-static... not hapenning 4 u here!
-Auto-Ins.: $400-600 if u buy a car. U may chose not to initially... but down 6 months - u must have [else u might be in deep sh1t]!
-Food: $1200-1700 depending on ur livability. Anything less than $1200 - and u aren't 'alive'!
-Outings: $300-700 depending on ur lifestyle. Anything lesser than $300 would make u socially dead!
-Stationery & consumables: $50-100. Anything less than $50 and u r doing nothing!
-Irregular purchases: $250-400. Anything less than $250 is not happening, here...
-Out-of-pocket expenses: $300-500. Else u r impossible, incorrigible, incognito!
-Kid's welfare: $150-250. If u have kids - u'd understand their addnl requirements!
-Childcare: $300-1000 depending on what u chose [pvt unlicensed to proper daycare]. It'd be if u both work & if kids r minors.
-Misc.: $300-500. U never know from where u'd have a bombshell! If not - it'd be ur safety-net.

Qorax
What about Edmonton?? Does anybody have idea of expenditure at Edmonton? Plz share..

ruparupa

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
01-07-2010
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
IELTS Request
sent with other docs
File Transfer...
In Process with date & letter sent on 23rd April '12
Med's Request
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
tokon said:
Dear Forum members,

Heartiest congratulations Tokon Bhai!

Colors

Aug 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alamgir Hossain and Family
Engineer and architect from Bangladesh find the life they were looking for in Alberta

Alamgir Hossain's desire to travel, to learn about different cultures, and to achieve a better living standard for his family led the Hossains to immigrate to Canada from their home of Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh.

Alamgir and his wife Shikha first landed in Brampton, Ontario in 2005, where they stayed with Alamgir's brother for nearly two years. They chose to move to Edmonton when Alamgir was offered a job in his field.

Having worked as a civil engineer for eight years in Bangladesh, Alamgir's primary objective when arriving in Canada was to have his credentials recognized. The same was true for Shikha, a landscape architect.

"The challenge for us was to find a way to get into the job market, and to understand how the systems in Canada work," explained Alamgir, who worked part-time as a handyman in Brampton to gain skills in the Canadian work world. "There is a sea of information directed at newcomers so we needed to find the information that would put us on the right path."

While in Brampton, Alamgir and Shikha enrolled in a program for foreign-trained professionals offered through the Brampton Centre for Newcomers. There they learned how to write a resumé, search for job opportunities, and prepare for interviews. They also had their educational qualifications accredited with Professional Engineers Ontario and the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects respectively.

In May 2007, Alamgir was offered an engineering position at Stewart Weir & Co Ltd. in Sherwood Park and, within two months of moving to Edmonton, Shikha joined Stantec as a landscape architect. Their qualifications have also been recognized by Alberta's professional associations in their fields.

Since moving to Alberta, Alamgir and Shikha have added a daughter to their family and they look forward to the road ahead. "We are very pleased that we made the decision to move to Canada," said Alamgir. "It is a country that is warm and welcoming to newcomers, has solid infrastructure, vast natural resources, and great opportunities to prosper and make your dreams come true."

To help make the transition easier, Alamgir stresses the importance of understanding how the systems of the new country work, the language people use, and the etiquette. But most importantly, he says, a positive attitude can make a difference. "If you accept change in the new environment and you are positive about your journey ahead, you will be happy," he said.

Date Updated: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:17:16

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/choosing/people-stories-hossain.aspx