Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
15 th Nov,2012
GTL said:
I READ THIS ON OTHER THREAD IS THIS TRUE

DEAR ALL PLEASE GO THROUGH THE BELOW TEXT, SPECIALLY THE HIGHLIGHTED PORTION.... MINISTER IS APPLYING THE NEW SELECTION GRID TO ALL PRE-JUNE APPLICANTS (INCLUDING PRE-JUNE 2010 ALSO).... ALARMING SITUATION FOR ALL OF US.....

There is still no decision on my motion, asking the Court to order CIC to honour our Agreement. However, yesterday the following occurred:

1. Justice Barnes called for a meeting with counsel involved in the 87.4 litigation for September 27th at 2pm. The agenda was not disclosed.

2. Justice Barnes set November 23rd and 30th for motion concerning certification for a class-action in challenging s. 87.4, the provision which closed the unassessed pre-BIll C-50 FSW files.

3. Lawrence Wong provided a copy of the Minister's May 17th answers to questions a Senate Parliamentary Committee put to him. The most salient Q's&A's are:

Senator Callbeck: Welcome, minister, and thank you for appearing. I want to ask about the Federal Skilled Worker Program and the backlog. The 300,000 applications that came in before February 27, 2008, will be sent back. Were any estimates made on how much it would have cost to bring in the resources to deal with these applicants?

Mr. Kenney: First, to make a correction, it is 100,000 applications, representing 300,000 individuals. [Note: The Minister's using "300,000 applicants" in order to exaggerate the size of the backlog even followed Parliament.]

To answer your question, yes, we know the resources that would be required to bring them in. If we were to bring them all in at once, this would mean moving our immigration plan from about 260,000 permanent residents to about 560,000. That would be unlikely to meet public support.
Alternatively, we could continue with caps on new applications over the next few years and seek to process the 100,000 in the Federal Skilled Worker Program backlog. However, we believe, based on current levels, that it would take us until about 2017 or 2018 to admit all those people and eliminate the backlog. The cost would be static, whatever our operational costs currently are. [Note: If CIC had processed FSW files at the same rate in 2010 and 2011 as it had in 2009, the backlog would have been eliminated. If it processed all the files on hand on 31 December 2011 at the 2011 rate, which was half of the 2009 rate, it would take 34 months to finalize them all -- per CIC's own statistics.]

Senator Callbeck: It certainly does not seem fair that people have applied and have been on the waiting list for years, and now they will get their applications back. I know they are getting their fee back, but they have been waiting for years.
What about the people who are on that list from March 1, 2008? Will they be judged under the new criteria of this Federal Skilled Worker Program?

Mr. Kenney: Yes. It is our intention to apply the new criteria, which we intend to develop this year, to those who are in the backlog in the inventory. For example, I intend to pre-publish this June a new points grid for the Federal Skilled Worker Program that would then come into effect later in the year, and it would be our intention to assess applicants who remain in the backlog against those new criteria that we think are more pertinent, which better assess the likelihood of people succeeding in the Canadian economy.
In terms of fairness, I would reiterate our view that it has been unfair to have all our skilled worker applicants waiting in the queue for seven or eight years. I do not want to be too partisan about this, but this is not a problem that developed in the last five years. When the current government came to office, we inherited a backlog in the immigration system of 840,000 people waiting for years to come to Canada. We are trying to move beyond that, as other developed countries have, so we can attract people more quickly with a higher ratio of their having jobs already lined up so that they have higher levels of employment and income.

Senator Callbeck: The new criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program has not been established yet.

Mr. Kenney: No, although we have been very transparent. We have had widespread consultations. While we have not published it, I can tell you it is our intention to raise the points allocated to younger workers, essentially, to focus more on younger applicants, higher levels of language proficiency for those hoping to come into regulated professions, higher points for people with pre-arranged employment, and higher points for people with Canadian as opposed to foreign work experience. We also intend to create a new skilled trades stream that will facilitate the admission into Canada of people who can work in skilled trades rather than just professions.

Senator Callbeck: Can the 300,000 that are getting their applications back after they have waited for years reapply under the new criteria?

Mr. Kenney: Yes.

Senator Callbeck: Will they be fast-tracked?
Mr. Kenney: No, with a qualifier. If any of them can obtain an offer of employment with a Canadian employer, they can go to the front of the line
right now, and they can in the new system as well.

Senator Callbeck: Anyone can go to the front of the line?

Mr. Kenney: Anyone who has a credible offer of employment right now. We limit the number of new applications currently to the Federal Skilled Worker Program to only 10,000 per year as part of our backlog reduction strategy. The exception is that people can get into that fast-track program to be admitted in less than a year if they have pre-arranged employment.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/content/sen/committee/411/SOCI/17EVB-49555-E.HTM

When I asked CIC's witness in our litigation whether CIC would apply the new criteria retrospectively, CIC's witness stated under oath that they would not do so. He said so one week after the Minister told Parliament the opposite. Justice Rennie believed the lie, stating in Liang:

[55] The applicants also argue that they have a legitimate expectation to have their applications processed based on the selection criteria in place when their applications were submitted. The applicants appear to want the Court to pre-emptively prevent the Minister to decide in the future to change the substantive basis on which the applications will be considered. However, there is absolutely no evidence that the Minister will begin applying the new criteria retrospectively. On the contrary, the Minister has made it clear that all applications are to be processed in accordance with the criteria in place at the time the applications were submitted. Thus, there is no evidentiary foundation on which this argument can be based.

The Minister's intention to apply the new selection criteria to "the backlog" will apply, not only to those who applied before 27 February 2008, but to everyone who will have applied up to the date he picks to introduce the new criteria.
It is really alarming for pre-juners who are in waiting as well.

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
GTL said:
I READ THIS ON OTHER THREAD IS THIS TRUE

DEAR ALL PLEASE GO THROUGH THE BELOW TEXT, SPECIALLY THE HIGHLIGHTED PORTION.... MINISTER IS APPLYING THE NEW SELECTION GRID TO ALL PRE-JUNE APPLICANTS (INCLUDING PRE-JUNE 2010 ALSO).... ALARMING SITUATION FOR ALL OF US.....

There is still no decision on my motion, asking the Court to order CIC to honour our Agreement. However, yesterday the following occurred:

1. Justice Barnes called for a meeting with counsel involved in the 87.4 litigation for September 27th at 2pm. The agenda was not disclosed.

2. Justice Barnes set November 23rd and 30th for motion concerning certification for a class-action in challenging s. 87.4, the provision which closed the unassessed pre-BIll C-50 FSW files.

3. Lawrence Wong provided a copy of the Minister's May 17th answers to questions a Senate Parliamentary Committee put to him. The most salient Q's&A's are:

Senator Callbeck: Welcome, minister, and thank you for appearing. I want to ask about the Federal Skilled Worker Program and the backlog. The 300,000 applications that came in before February 27, 2008, will be sent back. Were any estimates made on how much it would have cost to bring in the resources to deal with these applicants?

Mr. Kenney: First, to make a correction, it is 100,000 applications, representing 300,000 individuals. [Note: The Minister's using "300,000 applicants" in order to exaggerate the size of the backlog even followed Parliament.]

To answer your question, yes, we know the resources that would be required to bring them in. If we were to bring them all in at once, this would mean moving our immigration plan from about 260,000 permanent residents to about 560,000. That would be unlikely to meet public support.
Alternatively, we could continue with caps on new applications over the next few years and seek to process the 100,000 in the Federal Skilled Worker Program backlog. However, we believe, based on current levels, that it would take us until about 2017 or 2018 to admit all those people and eliminate the backlog. The cost would be static, whatever our operational costs currently are. [Note: If CIC had processed FSW files at the same rate in 2010 and 2011 as it had in 2009, the backlog would have been eliminated. If it processed all the files on hand on 31 December 2011 at the 2011 rate, which was half of the 2009 rate, it would take 34 months to finalize them all -- per CIC's own statistics.]

Senator Callbeck: It certainly does not seem fair that people have applied and have been on the waiting list for years, and now they will get their applications back. I know they are getting their fee back, but they have been waiting for years.
What about the people who are on that list from March 1, 2008? Will they be judged under the new criteria of this Federal Skilled Worker Program?

Mr. Kenney: Yes. It is our intention to apply the new criteria, which we intend to develop this year, to those who are in the backlog in the inventory. For example, I intend to pre-publish this June a new points grid for the Federal Skilled Worker Program that would then come into effect later in the year, and it would be our intention to assess applicants who remain in the backlog against those new criteria that we think are more pertinent, which better assess the likelihood of people succeeding in the Canadian economy.
In terms of fairness, I would reiterate our view that it has been unfair to have all our skilled worker applicants waiting in the queue for seven or eight years. I do not want to be too partisan about this, but this is not a problem that developed in the last five years. When the current government came to office, we inherited a backlog in the immigration system of 840,000 people waiting for years to come to Canada. We are trying to move beyond that, as other developed countries have, so we can attract people more quickly with a higher ratio of their having jobs already lined up so that they have higher levels of employment and income.

Senator Callbeck: The new criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program has not been established yet.

Mr. Kenney: No, although we have been very transparent. We have had widespread consultations. While we have not published it, I can tell you it is our intention to raise the points allocated to younger workers, essentially, to focus more on younger applicants, higher levels of language proficiency for those hoping to come into regulated professions, higher points for people with pre-arranged employment, and higher points for people with Canadian as opposed to foreign work experience. We also intend to create a new skilled trades stream that will facilitate the admission into Canada of people who can work in skilled trades rather than just professions.

Senator Callbeck: Can the 300,000 that are getting their applications back after they have waited for years reapply under the new criteria?

Mr. Kenney: Yes.

Senator Callbeck: Will they be fast-tracked?
Mr. Kenney: No, with a qualifier. If any of them can obtain an offer of employment with a Canadian employer, they can go to the front of the line
right now, and they can in the new system as well.

Senator Callbeck: Anyone can go to the front of the line?

Mr. Kenney: Anyone who has a credible offer of employment right now. We limit the number of new applications currently to the Federal Skilled Worker Program to only 10,000 per year as part of our backlog reduction strategy. The exception is that people can get into that fast-track program to be admitted in less than a year if they have pre-arranged employment.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/content/sen/committee/411/SOCI/17EVB-49555-E.HTM

When I asked CIC's witness in our litigation whether CIC would apply the new criteria retrospectively, CIC's witness stated under oath that they would not do so. He said so one week after the Minister told Parliament the opposite. Justice Rennie believed the lie, stating in Liang:

[55] The applicants also argue that they have a legitimate expectation to have their applications processed based on the selection criteria in place when their applications were submitted. The applicants appear to want the Court to pre-emptively prevent the Minister to decide in the future to change the substantive basis on which the applications will be considered. However, there is absolutely no evidence that the Minister will begin applying the new criteria retrospectively. On the contrary, the Minister has made it clear that all applications are to be processed in accordance with the criteria in place at the time the applications were submitted. Thus, there is no evidentiary foundation on which this argument can be based.

The Minister's intention to apply the new selection criteria to "the backlog" will apply, not only to those who applied before 27 February 2008, but to everyone who will have applied up to the date he picks to introduce the new criteria.
???

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Twelve. Four to form a Parliamentary study committee to decide how to solve the problem, one Francophone to complain that I didn't translate this joke into French, one Native Canadian to protest that the interests of Native Canadians have been overlooked, one woman from the National Action Committee On the Status Of Women to say that women have been underrepresented in the process, one to go over the border to the Niagara Falls Factory Outlet Mall and buy a new bulb and not pay duty on it on the way back, one to actually screw it in, one to collect taxes on the whole procedure so the government can afford it, one to buy a case of Molson for everybody to drink, and one to drop the puck.

courtesy: indiana jones

no wonder they are keeping us waiting for almost 3 years

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
INDIANAJONES said:
I Strongly Disagree with you,

Please read the following 2 CSE QUERIES :

I requested a CSI from your office on August 19, 2012 and received reply as "Your case is in the medical queue awaiting medical forms to be issued in the next 6 to 9 months. Please wait to receive request letter from this office." Thank you very much for the prompt reply. Now, Sir, Is there any progress of my case. I mean I am very eager to know approximately when I can expect MR issued for me. Please mention as precisely as possible. Thanks a lot in advance.

IN REPLY I GOT :

Your case is in the medical queue awaiting medical forms to be issued in the next 6 to 9 months. Please wait to receive request letter from this office in the near future.

So, I think we may get different replies or something new... I think we can try it...

Please comment...

Regards,

INDIANAJONES.
lau kodu borboti shobi to eki mone hoitese brother :D :D

ruparupa

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
01-07-2010
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
IELTS Request
sent with other docs
File Transfer...
In Process with date & letter sent on 23rd April '12
Med's Request
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Badal789 said:
I spent 20 long years abroad. May I request you to consider the following before taking any decision:
1. Take decision by yourselves not just do because some one suggested. Remember you have to face the reality.
2. Going during winter will be a wrong decision because suddenly you will find totally opposite weather.
3. Better to go during end of winter so one can get some experiences of winter weather then summer comes so many job opportunities there, in summer Canada is like a beautiful garden, one must like that to get encouraged to live there.
4. Moving during winter mainly effects on children, more difficult for them.
5. After summer during next winter mind and body set to accept the rough weather, remember during first few months in Canada many face pains in bones due to cold weather, try to avoid pain killer but take more fluid and doing exercise to keep warm.
6. Let me share a true story of Asma and Shamim who were a happy couple, proud parents of two children migrated to Canada 10 years ago before winter. Shamim was having a highly paid job in Bangladesh but only after 3 months decided to come back to Bangladesh. When Asma refused, Shamim decided to divorce her. As per request from Asma we proposed Shamim to go back without giving divorce and after 6 months they will settle the matter if the situation not changed. In a fine morning Asma called that Shamim was going back to Canada next week after selling all of his properties because he will not keep any reasons behind(পিছুটান). He did that, he is thankful to Asma for her decision, this year I visited Canada again and found them well established there, purchased own nice flat buy paying 60% cash, both children are doing well in schools, Asma is now full time housewife, Shamim working in a senior position. I could not meet him because that time he was visiting other countries for his business.

Please keep in mind that first few years are very tough time, more than 2 years ago when I came back to my own country after 20 years, we faced and still facing same experiences. By grace of Allah if we move to Canada we know very well that we have to accept the same challenge but different that here because there is a good system.
Best of Maple Leaf luck to all.
Nice sharing! +1 for u!

ruparupa

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
01-07-2010
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
IELTS Request
sent with other docs
File Transfer...
In Process with date & letter sent on 23rd April '12
Med's Request
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Dear GTL, where did u find this post? Wud u mention the date it was posted? I can see Q & A session took place on 17th of May. New point calculation method has already came into effect by now. We see many ppl got MR & PPR after that. So they didnt apply new method to the post Feb Applicants. This is my understanding. Might be wrong. Others shud also share their views.

Deshii10

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
MSKC said:
You did the right thing. In person i hobe, ,karon in person means apni nije pp joma dibne n collect korben. So tension korar konoi dorkar nei. Ami nijeo tai korechi.
Thanks MSKC bhai. tension free holam. :) :D

deshii10

rojhabib

Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
08-09-2010
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah December 04, 2012
Colors said:
In my opinion:
1. We are waiting for this (MR/PPR) since 2010.
2. We are planning to settle down in Canada (General Interest, exceptions not mentioned)
3. If we send through VFS, it will take approx 1-2 months
4. Will take another 1 Month to Purchase Ticket (Subject to availability and Will charge more if you are looking for a nearest date)
5. If you can reach there ASAP you might have a good chance to get a job coz in winter jobs are available due to rough weather, in summer you better ready for a challenge as students will also searching for jobs.
6. As we are planning to settle down there (Canada) we need to face the challenge at earliest and prepare ourself accordingly.
7. If we submit Passport in person we can at least save or ahead of 2-4 months

So in my very personal opinion, those who wants to reach Canada soon please submit in person. Though it will cost you some money but you can earn it in dollars if you reach earlier. Tk 83.90 = 1 Cad today

End of the day decisions is only yours, listen to all but decide by yourself. Please don't misinterpret or misunderstand the whole issue. It's my personal evaluation of this scenario, nothing else
Thanks & Best wishes for all of us
I appreciate ur thinking but i am a little bit tensed about my 1 year old son. How could he will adjust with the adverse weather.. I want to land after January 2013. my PP submitted to VFS on 19.09.2012... pls suggest me when it will be better to land for me and my family..

rojhabib

Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
08-09-2010
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah December 04, 2012
I also need suggestion from expert about shopping, preparation,, how should i start...

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hoquebd said:
Faizlami r r shima nai . new point system jokhon chalu i korbi taile akhon i kore na kan ? R o koybochor wait kora lagbe ? abar o assesment hobe . All will start from the scratch ? Kenny r mukhe lathhi . ( sorry for my language )

anwar405z

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
Doc's Request.
20-07-2010
IELTS Request
11-08-2010
File Transfer...
08-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2012 (dated 06-07-2012)
Med's Done....
19-07-2012 (Doc send 25-07-2012)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Allah Knows
LANDED..........
March-13
Hoquebd said:
Dear Hoquebd Bhai,
is it alarming for MR received party or wating for MR party.

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
Classical_beat said:
Faizlami r r shima nai . To new point system jokhon chalu i korbi taile akhon i kore na kan ? R o koybochor wait kora lagbe ? abar o assesment hobe . All will start from the scratch ? Kenny r mukhe lathhi . ( sorry for my language )
This one's for u!!

Three men went to a popular e- dating site looking for a wife.

The first man married a woman from the States. He told her that she was to cook, do the dishes and keep the house clean. It took a couple of days, but on the third day, he came home to see a clean house with all the dishes washed and put away.

The second man married a woman from England. He gave his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, laundry, dishes and the cooking. The first day he didn't see any results, but the next day he saw it was a bit better. By the third day, he saw his house was clean, the dishes and laundry were done and there was a huge dinner on the table.

The third man [Mr. Kenny] ;) married a girl from Canada. He ordered her to keep the house clean, the dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed, and hot food on the table for every meal. He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything but by the third day, some of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye, and his arm was healed enough that he could fix himself a sandwich and load the dishwasher. He still has some difficulty when he pees.
:p

MSKC

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
Nomination.....
IP 13 April 2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 17-02-2010 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
File Transfer...
07-02-2011, updated docs sent 26-01-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issue date:11.09.2012, PP rcvd: 24.09.2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012
rojhabib said:
I also need suggestion from expert about shopping, preparation,, how should i start...
One of my brother-in-law residing in Calgary, he told me not to purchase heavy jacket for winter coz it will not work in canadian cold, better to purchase worm cloth for winter and buy heavy cloths from Canada, Ms. Beryi Sawpna(CIIP coordinator) also told the same thing.

MSKC

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.
Mun said:
Dear RZ & Tokon Vai,
Congratulations for getting PPR.

Dear MSKC Vai,
Very Big congratulations for Visa.
When u plan to go.
Pls share.

Dear All,
one of my friends named Chayan received PPR yesterday by registered mail.

rgds

Mun
Dear Mun Bhai,

When did ur friend completed meds??And when he sent the RPRF and other docs?? Thanks in advance..

muk

Oct 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Passport Req..
Aug 22 2012 Submitted: Sep 02 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 10 2012 Received: Sep 24 2012
Deshii10 said:
Dear MUK Bhai,

i made a mistake. i sent my PP request form to Singapore through VFS but i tick in form "in person". eta ki problem make korbe?
tension hocche. :(

Deshii10
MSKC said:
You did the right thing. In person i hobe, ,karon in person means apni nije pp joma dibne n collect korben. So tension korar konoi dorkar nei. Ami nijeo tai korechi.
Both of you are right.
So, Deshii10 don't worry.

Thanks
muk