Waived
Passport Req..
27/8/12, recived on 2/9/12, submitted to svo on 24/9/12
VISA ISSUED...
27/9/2012
LANDED..........
29/06/2013
Hoquebd said:
Agreed with u. Shoibal Bhai regarding hotels it is very tough to get hotels on weekends ( Friday, saturday & sunday) or on holidays. Room rents r very high, almost double then other weekdays on those days. And normally in weekdays u can get hotel from SGD$80-150/ day. So it will be better to go there on monday. Submit PP on the same day if possible or next day & get it back by friday and return as well..

Manila is under water. My medical report is floating on water............................ :'( :'( :'(
If anybody planing to go to Singapore in Person, he can accomodate in some backpacker's inn where a dormatory like accomodation (a bed) with a plain breakfast cost arround 30-45 s$, n u may get some cheaper place to dine in Litle India or China town, but to me Most logical option is to submit passport to VFS

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
May 2011. 'IN PROCESS' from 10 March'14
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29 April 2014...submitted on 18 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12 June 2014...passport received 23rd July 2014
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/08/05/jobs-where-they-are-graphic.html

a useful chart related to job

abrar.abyan

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ekarus said:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/08/05/jobs-where-they-are-graphic.html

a useful chart related to job
Dear Ekarus, Have any update for MI-2?

mhasanrana

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th April 2010
Doc's Request.
23nd June 2010
AOR Received.
23nd June 2010
IELTS Request
sent with full documents
File Transfer...
in process since 18/04/2012
Med's Request
issue 24/12/2013 received 26/12/2013
Med's Done....
31/12/2012 rprf send along with docs 01/01/2013
Interview........
04/12/2012
Passport Req..
issue date 25/02/2013, received 26/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
passport's submited to vfs 27/02/2013
LANDED..........
waiting for that dream come true
this is great news during this ramadhan month. i would like to congratulate from bottom of my heart to both of you who get their ppr1. but there are still so many waiting list on this forum, pepole who is still waiting for MR. but the people like me till waiting on the interview queue. i don't know what is going to happen with me on that ferosus interview board. but i'm so glade on you people that you allready made it to get through. please pray for me too. still waiting for the interview letter mentioned on it time, date and name of the place. please brothers and sisters pray for me on this ramadhan month during your fast.

best regards
rana

beximco

Apr 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore,Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
August 13, 2013
If you are willing to spent money to goto singapore then getting the visa stamp is the best option as it has got limited risk. Below are some of the answer to question which usually arises who didnt goto singapore. As i have been to singapore quite a number of times so thought of giving some light to the applicant who can plan togo to singapore for visa stamping in person.

1. Can a survive without a passport in Singapore after I submit it to sgvo?
Once you submit ur passport to sgvo, it will give you a receipt and even if you are caught you can show this recepit to anyone and tell them that your passport is submitted to sgvo for visa stamping and also make a photocopy of the visa page. And in anyway nobody ask for passport in singapore and even if they do you will have the receipt to prove your grounds that you are legally staying in SG.

2. How should i plan my schedule?

Singapore Flights in tigerairways will be the cheapest and their schedule is the they depart from dhaka at 2 am in morning and arrives 8:30 am morning time in singapore. So you must schedule it on Monday. You arrive monday morning at 8:30 am by tiger airways and after immigration you will get out at 9:30 am. Instead of taking risk, take a taxi directly to your hotel, checkin to hotel and then take taxi to sgvo and submit it on same day. You cannot goto sgvo directly from airport because during the time of checkin to hotel they will ask for your passport.

If I conisder that you submit your passport on monday with three business days your passport willl be return back on Wednesday with Tiger airways return flight is at 10:30 pm. So you can have a return on wednesday. If you dont want to take risk then you can opt for thursday with one day extra in your hand and for that you may need to pay extra one day stay at hotel.

How much is the hotel cost
Hotel will cost you average 100 SG$.

How much is fooding.
Per day it will cost you 20SG$

How much total budget should I make.

Airfare : 540 SG$ (If your return date is changeable, if ur retiurn it fixed then it will cost 440 sg$)
Accomodation : 300 SG$ (For three night stay MON, TUE,WED)
FOOD : 80 SG$
TAXI Fare : 280 SG$ (Which I calculated MAximum)
VISA FEE : 100 SG$

Total : 1300 SG$

So In total you need to make a budget of 1300 SG$ :) Hope this helps to make your decision.

drtanvirazad said:
If anybody planing to go to Singapore in Person, he can accomodate in some backpacker's inn where a dormatory like accomodation (a bed) with a plain breakfast cost arround 30-45 s$, n u may get some cheaper place to dine in Litle India or China town, but to me Most logical option is to submit passport to VFS

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beximco said:
If you are willing to spent money to goto singapore then getting the visa stamp is the best option as it has got limited risk. Below are some of the answer to question which usually arises who didnt goto singapore. As i have been to singapore quite a number of times so thought of giving some light to the applicant who can plan togo to singapore for visa stamping in person.

Once you submit ur passport to sgvo, it will give you a receipt and even if you are caught you can show this recepit to anyone and tell them that your passport is submitted to sgvo for visa stamping and also make a photocopy of the visa page. And in anyway nobody ask for passport in singapore and even if they do you will have the receipt to prove your grounds that you are legally staying in SG.

Singapore Flights in tigerairways will be the cheapest and their schedule is the they depart from dhaka at 2 am in morning and arrives 8:30 am morning time in singapore. So you must schedule it on Monday. You arrive monday morning at 8:30 am by tiger airways and after immigration you will get out at 9:30 am. Instead of taking risk, take a taxi directly to your hotel, checkin to hotel and then take taxi to sgvo and submit it on same day. You cannot goto sgvo directly from airport because during the time of checkin to hotel they will ask for your passport.

If I conisder that you submit your passport on monday with three business days your passport willl be return back on Wednesday with Tiger airways return flight is at 10:30 pm. So you can have a return on wednesday. If you dont want to take risk then you can opt for thursday with one day extra in your hand and for that you may need to pay extra one day stay at hotel.

How much is fooding.

Airfare : 540 SG$ (If your return date is changeable, if ur retiurn it fixed then it will cost 440 sg$)

So In total you need to make a budget of 1300 SG$ :) Hope this helps to make your decision.
My 2 cents - I would not suggest anyone to go to Singapore only to get a visa stamp. If you submit your passport to VFS or mail it to Singapore, I think you would get it within 4 to 6 weeks. If you could wait more than 2 years, what's the problem if you wait another 2 months now? The applicant shouldn't waste money at this moment rather saving it as it would be really helpful while they are in Canada (Cdn$1=tk80-84). Some of my friends (BD) came here as a permanent resident in 2010 & 2011 and unfortunately, they had to apply for welfare after six months of arriving in Canada. These are one of the reasons that's why Canadian Govt. is very tough on the immigration nowadays.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
scorpion_ca said:
My 2 cents - I would not suggest anyone to go to Singapore only to get a visa stamp. If you submit your passport to VFS or mail it to Singapore, I think you would get it within 4 to 6 weeks. If you could wait more than 2 years, what's the problem if you wait another 2 months now? The applicant shouldn't waste money at this moment rather saving it as it would be really helpful while they are in Canada (Cdn$1=tk80-84). Some of my friends (BD) came here as a permanent resident in 2010 & 2011 and unfortunately, they had to apply for welfare after six months of arriving in Canada. These are one of the reasons that's why Canadian Govt. is very tough on the immigration nowadays.
well said.

tworontwo

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
12-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2011
Interview........
waieved
Passport Req..
26-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
soon on Dec 2012
hello, everyone..newbie here.
I am from Malaysia applying for FSW and we already submitted our passport last May 29, 2012 but todate still our passport not returned.

We send our passport via courier. Please do share any timeline you have.

beximco

Apr 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore,Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
August 13, 2013
Well Said scorpia, but lot of applicant dont have that patient to wait for 6 weeks so its applicable to them if they are value more on time and money. Its a tradeoff beween time and money. Option is open to everyone.
scorpion_ca said:

Shoibal

Apr 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
Doc's Request.
Feb, 2012 - File Updated
AOR Received.
March, 2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with initial application
File Transfer...
March, 2010
Med's Request
July, 2012
Med's Done....
July, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July, 2012 / Passport submitted to VFS - Aug 15, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 7, 2012 / Passport received : Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaallah
smiling_face said:
Hi Shoibal,

Your question is very logical. Once u submit your passport to the CHC Singapore (if u go by person), you will surely be passportless for 3 working days (assuming they will return it by 3 days). But to me, its NOT a big deal because (1) once they received your passport, you should be given a proper receipt. For any sort of charge/chase to you about your passport, you will be able to show this. (2) Passport is required as a prerequisite of check-in into a hotel. So, when you will be checking-in into the hotel, you will have passport in your hand. So I dont see it as a big problem. I do strongly believe that CHC also understand this matter and that's why they should return anyone's passport as per agreed timeline [3 business days].

Since VFS can't commit the return date of the passport, I might also follow the same way (if almighty Allah Taala allow me having that chance).

Currently, Tiger Airways/Bangladesh Biman might be the cheapest airlines. Really don't have any idea about ho
smiling_face said:
Hi Shoibal,

Your question is very logical. Once u submit your passport to the CHC Singapore (if u go by person), you will surely be passportless for 3 working days (assuming they will return it by 3 days). But to me, its NOT a big deal because (1) once they received your passport, you should be given a proper receipt. For any sort of charge/chase to you about your passport, you will be able to show this. (2) Passport is required as a prerequisite of check-in into a hotel. So, when you will be checking-in into the hotel, you will have passport in your hand. So I dont see it as a big problem. I do strongly believe that CHC also understand this matter and that's why they should return anyone's passport as per agreed timeline [3 business days].

Since VFS can't commit the return date of the passport, I might also follow the same way (if almighty Allah Taala allow me having that chance).

Currently, Tiger Airways/Bangladesh Biman might be the cheapest airlines. Really don't have any idea about hotels.

Thanks,

smiling_face :)
smiling_face :)
Thanks a lot, smiling_face. I really appreciate it.

Shoibal

Apr 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
Doc's Request.
Feb, 2012 - File Updated
AOR Received.
March, 2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
March, 2010
Med's Request
July, 2012
Med's Done....
July, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaallah
Hoquebd said:
Agreed with u. Shoibal Bhai regarding hotels it is very tough to get hotels on weekends ( Friday, saturday & sunday) or on holidays. Room rents r very high, almost double then other weekdays on those days. And normally in weekdays u can get hotel from SGD$80-150/ day. So it will be better to go there on monday. Submit PP on the same day if possible or next day & get it back by friday and return as well..

Manila is under water. My medical report is floating on water............................ :'( :'( :'(
Hoque Bhai, thanks for putting in your valuable information. This will really help those who want to travel to Singapore. Hope you get some good news on your med reports soon.

Shoibal

Apr 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
Doc's Request.
Feb, 2012 - File Updated
AOR Received.
March, 2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
March, 2010
Med's Request
July, 2012
Med's Done....
July, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaallah
beximco said:

How much is fooding.

Thanks a lot. Very useful piece of information.

Mun

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
File Transfer...
june 2010
scorpion_ca said:
I was wondering do you need visa to go to Singapore.
Dear Shaibal,
I do agree with Scorpion.
actually it will not be a wise decision to move to Canada this time (after 1/2 months).
Cause winter is coming.
Better to move there in March'13.
So why u are crazy to get pp within 3 days.
(all these are my opinion; these are not hurt anybody, if it does so; sorry in advance)

rgds

mun

Mun

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
File Transfer...
june 2010
Dear All Sisters & Brothers,
Still all pre-juners have not received their MR.
So pray for them to get their MR within this Holy month.
InsAllah, all we pre-juners will get our MR within Ramadan.

rgds

Mun

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Hi tworontwo,

Merek-a akan mengambi-l 2-3 bulan-r-eturn-p assports pada tim-e terakhir mereka conduc-t cek securit-y. jika anda courie-r mempunyai conveye-d pasport Singapor-e CHC maka tidak worr-y sama sekali.

Others,

Tiger Airways has aircraft safety issues.

Tiger Airways to lose S$2m per week due to suspension. Australia's Civil Aviation Safety Authority put a stop to Tiger Airways Australia's flights on July 1 due to safety concerns.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1138646/1/.html