App. Filed.......
28th May 2013
AOR Received.
13th Aug 2013
File Transfer...
5th Sep 2013
Dear Seniors
Need your suggestions:

1. As we all know that we have to show POF at POE 11,115 for a single person. but from Bangladesh its the regulation of Bangladesh Bank to limit $5,000 only to carry outside Bangladesh. Any amount carrying beyond that is illegal. in that case, what can we do where both rules (BD n CND) r contradictory?

2. Do we need to carry all the documents regarding the source of fund?

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From_BD said:
Dear Seniors
Need your suggestions:

1. As we all know that we have to show POF at POE 11,115 for a single person. but from Bangladesh its the regulation of Bangladesh Bank to limit $5,000 only to carry outside Bangladesh. Any amount carrying beyond that is illegal. in that case, what can we do where both rules (BD n CND) r contradictory?

2. Do we need to carry all the documents regarding the source of fund?
Buy dollar from Curb Market and go straight without any hesitation.If the immigration or customs ask anything explain your position. Take a print out of the CIC requirement. Usually BD immigration or customs do not ask this question for passengers for Canada.

shbd1972

Sep 21, 2011
yes, actually its exactly like that. Buy dollars and walk confidently through immigration and customs. Immigration officers never asks about money, they are not entitled to. The problem is at the security check at the boarding gate of the planes. They scan your bags and search for dollars, and for north american and European passengers they usually are reluctant. They will ask how much money you are carrying, tell them the truth and they will let u go. For me when they found my CAD in the pouch, simply asked how many are we travelling, I said 04 and he let me go without asking anything. My further assumption is families with kids, usually dont face hustle. No, You dont need to carry any documents for proof of funds.

Anyways I strongly feel everyone should carry CAD, as they are cheap at Dhaka 74-73.5 Taka/CAD. on the other hand USD is 78 taka.
You deposit directly to your account. You can also deposit USD directly to the account.

Cheers.Take care.

shbd1972

Sep 21, 2011
rumel said:
Dear Experts,
I have some queries regarding migration process in Canada for 2014.
I am doing job as a Lead Engineer(Equivalent to Asst. Manager) in MNC.
I would like to apply for for immigration. My details are given below:
Please find the details in the 2013 Applicants forum. They should know better than us, we are from the old system and are familiar with that system.

etha4u

Oct 29, 2010
Visa Office......
SGVO-PER received
NOC Code......
FSW13-2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
File Transfer...
PER:26-08-2013
shbd1972 said:
yes, actually its exactly like that. Buy dollars and walk confidently through immigration and customs. Immigration officers never asks about money, they are not entitled to. The problem is at the security check at the boarding gate of the planes. They scan your bags and search for dollars, and for north american and European passengers they usually are reluctant. They will ask how much money you are carrying, tell them the truth and they will let u go. For me when they found my CAD in the pouch, simply asked how many are we travelling, I said 04 and he let me go without asking anything. My further assumption is families with kids, usually dont face hustle. No, You dont need to carry any documents for proof of funds.

Anyways I strongly feel everyone should carry CAD, as they are cheap at Dhaka 74-73.5 Taka/CAD. on the other hand USD is 78 taka.
You deposit directly to your account. You can also deposit USD directly to the account.

Cheers.Take care.
What about someone who is traveling alone? how to carry CAD

From_BD

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th May 2013
AOR Received.
13th Aug 2013
File Transfer...
5th Sep 2013
shbd1972 said:

Cheers.Take care.
Thanks for the answer. :)

From_BD

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th May 2013
AOR Received.
13th Aug 2013
File Transfer...
5th Sep 2013
How much CAD will be comfortable for a Family of Three to survive in Toronto? We don't have any relatives to stay at Canada. We have friends and we can stay only couple of days in their house.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From_BD said:
How much CAD will be comfortable for a Family of Three to survive in Toronto? We don't have any relatives to stay at Canada. We have friends and we can stay only couple of days in their house.
Whatever the amount you take it is very inadequate in Canada as housing and other prices are very high there.You have find job to support your expenses.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
From_BD said:
$20k, for six months.

aditto

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Dhaka Bangladesh.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From_BD said:
accommodation: @ 900*6=CAD$ 5400
Food: @ 500*6 CAD$3000
Transport: CAD$600
Initial expenses:CAD$4000(Mattress+tv+household+Cloths)
Medicine:CAD$500
Other:CAD$1500
Total:CAD $15,000

This is minimum

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Per month CAD 1600 =CAD 9600+Initial exp 2500+ONE MONTH ADVANCE RENT 1000=CAD13100>>>At the lowest.

My advice is to keep control over exp from the beginning.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
From canada with love: Money

aditto said:
accommodation: @ 900*6=CAD$ 5400
Food: @ 500*6 CAD$3000
Transport: CAD$600
Initial expenses:CAD$4000(Mattress+tv+household+Cloths)
Medicine:CAD$500
Other:CAD$1500
Total:CAD $15,000. This is minimum
Yes exactly, but there are ways out seriously. In the 3/4 th month u start getting support from govt if u have kids. You get into full time study and govt gives support and definitely, You will get sort of formal (informal) jobs by that time. There are ample jobs, May be not ur kind of but, it's there. So if initially you bring 12,000-15,000 It's okey. But get some money available there at Dhaka. As there are some Uncertainties though.
As like my friend who had a serious accident 1 month back and ended up Spending 6,000 Cad on negotiation just to bypass insurance, as if he would Have gone through it, he would have got points on driving license and premium Would have gone high. My other friend had to give deposit for the condo advance for 12 Months (10,800 cad upfront) and he is stuck there for a year.

For my case, the landlord asked For the last months advance, so I had to give her an advance draft. It's bit comfortable, u don't Feel pressure. And on top, if situation demands you move giving advance notice no issue.

So things are Different here and widely depends on luck and situation, but over all it's doable.

Cheers and maley Bari.
Ratan bhai awaz dien.

From_BD

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th May 2013
AOR Received.
13th Aug 2013
File Transfer...
5th Sep 2013
Thank you seniors for your great suggestions.

Shumon Bhai:
I've googled & searched the entire conversation of this forum to understand the meaning of "Maley Bari". Finally got the answer ;D

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
From_BD said:
Thank you seniors for your great suggestions.
Shumon Bhai:
I've googled & searched the entire conversation of this forum to understand the meaning of "Maley Bari". Finally got the answer ;D
;)