+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
Sky Blue said:
What about CIIP session. To join they need MR form and other information. Is it safe?
CIIP is Canada govt funded program to help immigrants. So no worries. Its worth to attend and you will have loads of information from there.
You are strongly encouraged to accompany your spouse, which many of us did. They are friendly and its better to know so many warrior faces
in one go from same country. Many of us became friends from that session.

My observation is, it is always better to be there before time and to know each other. You can share so many topics during the tea break and
also during the lunch time. You will be feeling good to know really a big team, who are about to shift the paradigm of career to a new setting.

Cheers mate..........................................

neel123

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hhshumon said:
CIIP is Canada govt funded program to help immigrants. So no worries. Its worth to attend and you will have loads of information from there.
You are strongly encouraged to accompany your spouse, which many of us did. They are friendly and its better to know so many warrior faces

My observation is, it is always better to be there before time and to know each other. You can share so many topics during the tea break and
also during the lunch time. You will be feeling good to know really a big team, who are about to shift the paradigm of career to a new setting.

+1 for you.... :)

CanBound

May 15, 2013
Hello,

If you need to offer GCMS notes I can do it for you. The fee is TK1600 only for BD applicants.

Please send me PM if you are interested.

Have a nice day!

tymbi

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-15
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Soooo urgent!!! :'(

Hello Senior Members,

I am preparing my FSW application for May 2013. One issue I am having one of my ex-employers do not want to give experience letter showing job description. I have their appointment letter. I also had an interview with them for a position recently and it recruiting process is still ongoing. I do not want to ask HR to issue a certificate because that will disqualify me in the recruiting for obvious reason.

For job experience letter, cic ask for ex-supervisor to write the letter on letterhead, but the issue is i am not able to get this done by any supervisors of that employer. Although the work I have done there is 100% genuine, inline with my occupation.

For successful application what is the requirement for this experience certificate? Can you please let me know how you have done it and was successful....

Thanks in advance.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
Your problem is bit off the way. Usually the employers should give you good recommendation and experience certificates willingly. If not so, its a huge problem later on, as while exploring your claims in In Process stage, the VO might get negative feedback from your employers, they might even decline your association with their office. If so you will be directly disqualified. So its very crucial how you react to a situation like this. Remember any false statement might led to direct disqualification as well.

One thing you can try, is to have job completion certificates form any company you rendered services to (on behalf of the office). For my case I submitted one company's letter head stating, I supervised their job on behalf of BD Limited from date--- to date--- and they had been very happy with the service I rendered. Thus, I bypassed BD Limited (It was not accessible that time) and I claimed credits with only pay slips and assignment completion certificates from one of the clients. Just explore, if you can do anything similar.

Still the problem lies, if they check with your original employer and they decline. For me, probably, BD Limited acknowledged my association.
Its really a pity to know your employer is not willing to give you experience certificates, though its your fundamental wright. Anyways best of luck..

tymbi said:
Hello Senior Members,
I am preparing my FSW application for May 2013. One issue I am having one of my ex-employers do not want to give experience letter showing job description. I have their appointment letter. I also had an interview with them for a position recently and it recruiting process is still ongoing. I do not want to ask HR to issue a certificate because that will disqualify me in the recruiting for obvious reason.
For job experience letter, cic ask for ex-supervisor to write the letter on letterhead, but the issue is i am not able to get this done by any supervisors of that employer. Although the work I have done there is 100% genuine, inline with my occupation.
For successful application what is the requirement for this experience certificate? Can you please let me know how you have done it and was successful.... Thanks in advance.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
tymbi said:

Hello Senior Members,

For successful application what is the requirement for this experience certificate? Can you please let me know how you have done it and was successful....

Thanks in advance.
for FSW program Work experience is the main requirement, that is why it is called Federal Skilled worker. You cannot substitute your work experience with other things. You just have to get the reference letter by any means necessary. I know you do not want to jeopardize your current/future post at your company. But this is required. Just tell them the process will take 5 years (!).

fahima

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
How can I take Canadian Dollar for covering my initial expenses or show proof of fund? Is it cash or traveler cheque? if I want to take 5000 cash and remaining traveler cheque, how is wise? If I want to take more than my stipulated POF, has any barrier in Bangladesh law? Pl.inform me.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
iamroth said:
for FSW program Work experience is the main requirement, that is why it is called Federal Skilled worker. You cannot substitute your work experience with other things. You just have to get the reference letter by any means necessary. I know you do not want to jeopardize your current/future post at your company. But this is required. Just tell them the process will take 5 years (!).
Very good suggestion. Tell them everything and also tell them..."Boss it will take 5 years at least..."

nivrit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011 from SGVO
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16 Nov 2012 rcvd: 3 December 2012
Med's Done....
4 December 2012/ 22 February 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 May 2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
Thanks GTL, hhsuman, newborn and others. I submitted our passports via fedex today.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
fahima said:
How can I take Canadian Dollar for covering my initial expenses or show proof of fund? Is it cash or traveler cheque? if I want to take 5000 cash and remaining traveler cheque, how is wise? If I want to take more than my stipulated POF, has any barrier in Bangladesh law? Pl.inform me.
Didi, Dada to sathey jabey right? Probably you can endorse only 2000 USD per passport and carry 5000 USD cash in hand according to B'Desh law.
So for two of you, you should carry (officially) 14,000 USD in total. Does it match your requirements?

During our last few get together, we decided to carry 5000 CAD instead, USD, as to avoid conversion loss. So most of us have plans to carry 2000 USD cash (Endorsed in passport) and 5000 CAD cash in hand. You can purchase CAD from any refereed money exchange. Go for 100 CAD Polymer notes to avoid scam. These notes are refereed as to be non-duplicable.

Best regards.

hexapath

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2010
Doc's Request.
17-03-2010
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2013
LANDED..........
Expected June '13
hhshumon said:
Didi, Dada to sathey jabey right? Probably you can endorse only 2000 USD per passport and carry 5000 USD cash in hand according to B'Desh law.
So for two of you, you should carry (officially) 14,000 USD in total. Does it match your requirements?

During our last few get together, we decided to carry 5000 CAD instead, USD, as to avoid conversion loss. So most of us have plans to carry 2000 USD cash (Endorsed in passport) and 5000 CAD cash in hand. You can purchase CAD from any refereed money exchange. Go for 100 CAD Polymer notes to avoid scam. These notes are refereed as to be non-duplicable.

Best regards.
i am also passing through the same concern. is it really a law, in BD, to endorse not over 2000 USD? i heard that local banks are not willing to endorse big amounts like 5/6 thousands and also they are not endorsing CAD straight forward. does anybody have any clue or good bank person?

can someone suggest a good and authentic money exchange to get some CAD?

forhad006

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
01-02-2012
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
02-Feb-12
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
hhshumon said:

Would you please describe detail process of registration? What about the schedule? Where is the venue?

pr1979

Aug 26, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 May 2010
Doc's Request.
15 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
15 Oct 2010
IELTS Request
Sent to SGVO with all documents
File Transfer...
In process since 26 Mar 2012
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
13 Nov 2012, RPRF other docs sent 23 Nov 2012, E-cas: "Medical results have been received." appears on 01 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Dec 2012 - Passport submitted to VFS on 15 Jan 2013, E-cas: "Decision Made" on 03 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013, Passport Received from VFS on 18 Feb 2013
LANDED..........
07-06-2013
tymbi said:

Hello Senior Members,

Thanks in advance.
As everyone said, Job Experience letter/certificate is a must. As this is the only proof, showing your experience of any certain Occupation, it should be in accordance with the job duties as specified in a particular NOC. Not necessarily all duties to be matched word by word, but most of the duties should be closely matched. What i did was to draft the certificate by myself, mentioning the job duties, which best matched to the specific NOC; asked my line manager to sign on this. He did so, as this is nothing but an evidence of my experience with them, which will also support my future career also. And for present employment, i have manged my line manager to sign on it.