VISA ISSUED...
July 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah on September 2013
nivrit said:
Hi everyone,

I received PPR today by email.

I need your advice for the passport submission and delivery medium:

1. They informed me that I need to fill out appendix B in order to select private courier service but I did not get any such form. Can anyone help me where to find it? They sent me only appendix A which states that I can submit my passport by registered mail or VFS. They informed me that I can choose private courier but it will be in my own risk. So what do you suggest?

2. I am currently residing in Canada as a PhD student. I sent email to VFS and they said that I need to submit passport in person.

With regards,

Nivrit
Congrats man! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D finally at the last step

debu

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2010
Doc's Request.
03-05-2010
AOR Received.
01-07-2010
IELTS Request
Sent through BC
File Transfer...
11-05-2010; Updated Docs Req 04/01/2012, Sent 24/01/2012, In-Process 30th April, 2012
Med's Request
Received on 01-07-2012 dated 25-06-2012
Med's Done....
07-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully in April 2013
fahima said:
How can I take Canadian Dollar for covering my initial expenses or show proof of fund? Is it cash or traveler cheque? if I want to take 5000 cash and remaining traveler cheque, how is wise? If I want to take more than my stipulated POF, has any barrier in Bangladesh law? Pl.inform me.
Dear fahima,
You can follow what hhshumon has suggested, I did almost the same. We endorsed USD6,000.00 for three persons and purchased CADs from three money exchanges of Gulshan 2 and the total amount was more than the quota allocated by the Bangladesh Bank, the officials at the last stage at Dhaka Airport will search and ask questions about the money. If they find then you can manage with a note of USD50.00 or even less. If you have some one working in the air port then you can manage with his / her help. We have landed in Calgary on April 18, 2013.

Wish you all the best.
Dibakar

profahmed

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
january2010
Doc's Request.
march 2010
AOR Received.
june2010
Med's Request
19th june 2012
Med's Done....
25th june2012
Interview........
waived
Hello all BD applicants, This is Ahmed, landed in Toronto March 2013.actually I am planning to go to Bangladesh in coming september for a year. so I want to rent my one bedroom furnished flat from september 2013 to august 2014. if anyone who is coming in september or after that interested please inbox me. I will give all the details.please don't take me otherwise, I know this is not a place for this kind of advertisement but amader bd forumer jara idaning ashchen tader onekei amra aki elakate theki ebong jehetu ami ak bochor thakbona ami amar furnished flat bangladeshi kono familyr kachei diye jete chai.. thats why bhablam forum e knock kori...

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
hexapath said:
i am also passing through the same concern. is it really a law, in BD, to endorse not over 2000 USD? i heard that local banks are not willing to endorse big amounts like 5/6 thousands and also they are not endorsing CAD straight forward. does anybody have any clue or good bank person?
can someone suggest a good and authentic money exchange to get some CAD?
No Bank is also allowed to endorse more than USD2000 annually, as this is the annual quota/ person in Bangladesh. In fact if you have done the PPR (980)CAD in your passport it will be that much less. Only Sonali bank is allowed to endorse CAD, and they don't have CAD usually in stock. May be 200-300 only. They buy CAD officially only, no one else does. While buying dollars, the rate is the usually lowest at City Bank, Bangladesh.

So, more or less, these had been our cumulative finding, you know, exploring all the renowned banks with many of our forum friends, during last 2-3 months. So...... ;D Cheers and maley Bari............

mullermax387

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
In Process from 17 January 2013
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-01-2013, RPRF, PCC, Med received 03-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
profahmed said:
Hello all BD applicants, This is Ahmed, landed in Toronto March 2013.actually I am planning to go to Bangladesh in coming september for a year. so I want to rent my one bedroom furnished flat from september 2013 to august 2014. if anyone who is coming in september or after that interested please inbox me. I will give all the details.please don't take me otherwise, I know this is not a place for this kind of advertisement but amader bd forumer jara idaning ashchen tader onekei amra aki elakate theki ebong jehetu ami ak bochor thakbona ami amar furnished flat bangladeshi kono familyr kachei diye jete chai.. thats why bhablam forum e knock kori...
Hi Mr. Ahmed

I am expecting that by the end of this month i may get the visa. And i am planning to go to Toronto. But, as i have no near ones in Toronto i planned to go to Canada alone and after arranging a house and job i will bring my wife & daughter. I was looking for a family with whom i could share a house. Your post seems good to me. But, if situation arises like I need to move to any other province by a couple of months what will happen, as you said that you won't be there for one year? Anyways please send the details of your house including rent, facilities and what you are leaving behind. I need to know whom did you rent the house from and his contact address.

Ahsan Uddin Ahmed

msd009

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with full document
Med's Request
Received on 14th February 2013 dated on 29th January 2013
Med's Done....
Done on 23 February 2013 RPRF and other document sent on 04 March 2013
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Received on 01st April Sent on 03rd April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April received on 05th May 2013
LANDED..........
Mid of August 2013 Insaallah
profahmed said:
Dear Mr. Ahmed,

It's a nice offer. I'm planning to go to Toronto by end of July 2013. My spouse and kids will not accompany with me at that time. They will go later on. Initially I will reside to my relative's house upto end of August 2013. Within August I will search for a room/flat from September 2013.

Please send me the details of your house, location and rent/month. I will further discuss with you if everything acceptable for me.

Rgds/Bakhtiar

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skillpharma said:
Dear all,
I am pharmacist and I have applied under FSW program in 2011. Now I am waiting for passport return with visa. But, Yesterday I read about the job and situation in Toronto, Canada in the Prothom Alo. Which was written by a writer and banker . Who is may be currently staying at Canada. So pressimistic writing which can make anyone so weak to move to Canada. Please read. the link is below:
টরন্টোর বাংলাদেশিরা:

http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2013-05-12/news/351525

Anyway after May when CIIP program will again take place in Bangladesh? I want to join
Bhai,

Canada-te jeye 5 years theke Canadian passport niye, go to Dubai/USA/Bangladesh jekhane you will get better jobs. Canada shara jibon thakar to mane hoy na jodi Career-er barota baje. Just go there, get your Canadian passport in 5 years & then leave for Dubai/USA/Bangladesh. There are numerous multinational companies in Dubai/USA where you will get good jobs/salary.

I have worked for the last 8.5 years in Bangladesh in 2 multinational companies and at a high position. I know job situation bhalo na Toronto-te. Ekhon Canada-te kew amake ey designation offer-o korbe na. Amar ekhon kar Canada asha shudhu hochche Canadian passport ta newa (5 years)-e & then either go to Dubai or USA or Dhaka.

Most likely, Canadian Citizen howar pore Dubai-e chole jabo.

* 5 years = 3 years for Permanent Residence + 2 years for the Citizenship to process

* Eligibility to receive Citizenship = 3 years stay in Canada = http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp#time
* Grant of Citizenship (processing time to receive Citizenship) = 2 years = http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

** Total 5 years stay in Canada = Canadian Citizen completed

pr1979

Aug 26, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 May 2010
Doc's Request.
15 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
15 Oct 2010
IELTS Request
Sent to SGVO with all documents
File Transfer...
In process since 26 Mar 2012
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
13 Nov 2012, RPRF other docs sent 23 Nov 2012, E-cas: "Medical results have been received." appears on 01 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Dec 2012 - Passport submitted to VFS on 15 Jan 2013, E-cas: "Decision Made" on 03 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013, Passport Received from VFS on 18 Feb 2013
LANDED..........
07-06-2013
debu said:
Dear fahima,
You can follow what hhshumon has suggested, I did almost the same. We endorsed USD6,000.00 for three persons and purchased CADs from three money exchanges of Gulshan 2 and the total amount was more than the quota allocated by the Bangladesh Bank, the officials at the last stage at Dhaka Airport will search and ask questions about the money. If they find then you can manage with a note of USD50.00 or even less. If you have some one working in the air port then you can manage with his / her help. We have landed in Calgary on April 18, 2013.

Wish you all the best.
Dibakar
hhshumon said:
No Bank is also allowed to endorse more than USD2000 annually, as this is the annual quota/ person in Bangladesh. In fact if you have done the PPR (980)CAD in your passport it will be that much less. Only Sonali bank is allowed to endorse CAD, and they don't have CAD usually in stock. May be 200-300 only. They buy CAD officially only, no one else does. While buying dollars, the rate is the usually lowest at City Bank, Bangladesh.

So, more or less, these had been our cumulative finding, you know, exploring all the renowned banks with many of our forum friends, during last 2-3 months. So...... ;D Cheers and maley Bari............
So this is easy now. However, following is the guideline for your information.

Quoted from FE Circular No 09, dated Aug27/2012

"04. In terms of paragraph 1(ii), chapter 12 of Guidelines for Foreign Exchange Transactions‐
2009, Vol‐1, ADs are allowed to release foreign exchange in the form of cash up to US$ 2000 at any one
instance out of travel entitlement to Bangladeshi national proceeding abroad. However, confusion
arises as to whether ADs can release balance of the entitlement in the form of cash in other currencies.
This is to clarify that ADs may release USD 2,000 in cash and the remainder in other freely convertible
currencies out of the prescribed entitlement i.e., US$ 5,000
for travel to countries other than SAARC
member countries and Myanmar."

I talked to HSBC bank few days back. The guy who does this, told me that we can purchase USD2000 + equivalent 3000 usd in other currencies, i.e., GBP or EUR (canadian Dollar not available to anyone)= Total Equivalent USD5000 per passport (adult) and all in cash we can purchase from bank now. So legally you can buy 5000 equivalent USD per passport thru endorsement to your passport. For Child - the limit will just be half. For dollar purchase, City bank rate is better - suggested by sohel4math bhai (also shumon bhai). Canadian Dollar purchase korte gele Money exchange chara kono upai nai. Dibakar bhai er moto onekei tai koresen, i.e., USD 2000 from bank via endorsement + rest in Canadian Dollar (as much as possible - no limit). Now decision is yours.

pr1979

Aug 26, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 May 2010
Doc's Request.
15 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
15 Oct 2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
13 Nov 2012, RPRF other docs sent 23 Nov 2012, E-cas: "Medical results have been received." appears on 01 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Dec 2012 - Passport submitted to VFS on 15 Jan 2013, E-cas: "Decision Made" on 03 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-06-2013
nivrit said:
Thanks GTL, hhsuman, newborn and others. I submitted our passports via fedex today.
Best of luck

pr1979

Aug 26, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 May 2010
Doc's Request.
15 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
15 Oct 2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-06-2013
fahima said:
has any system in Bangladesh Commercial Bank that I can withdrawn my deposit balance from Canada?
No system, so far i know. BD bank does not permit such transaction.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
fahima said:
has any system in Bangladesh Commercial Bank that I can withdrawn my deposit balance from Canada?
Never ever..........Money laundering ;D. Caught by DUDOK and 3 years imprisonment with labor (Toilet cleaning), or else 100,000 cash fine. :p :p :p :p

No such law madam. Cheers.

hexapath

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2010
Doc's Request.
17-03-2010
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2013
LANDED..........
Expected June '13
hhshumon said:

So BD banks are forcing us to buy dollars from outside? ops!
but you forum guyz did a grate job- skimming all info here. any advice from which money exchange i can get the rest?

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
hexapath said:
So BD banks are forcing us to buy dollars from outside? ops!
but you forum guyz did a grate job- skimming all info here. any advice from which money exchange i can get the rest?
Ishrat Money Exchange, Gulshan-02
They are very popular and have lots of transactions with foreigners.

Royal Money exchange, Capital Supermarket, Sobhanbagh. I did so many times.

Couple of in the Gulshan circle-01, but risk is yours mate.........................cheers and maley bari.

talktome

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
pr1979 said:
So this is easy now. However, following is the guideline for your information.

Quoted from FE Circular No 09, dated Aug27/2012

"04. In terms of paragraph 1(ii), chapter 12 of Guidelines for Foreign Exchange Transactions‐
2009, Vol‐1, ADs are allowed to release foreign exchange in the form of cash up to US$ 2000 at any one
instance out of travel entitlement to Bangladeshi national proceeding abroad. However, confusion
arises as to whether ADs can release balance of the entitlement in the form of cash in other currencies.
This is to clarify that ADs may release USD 2,000 in cash and the remainder in other freely convertible
currencies out of the prescribed entitlement i.e., US$ 5,000
for travel to countries other than SAARC
member countries and Myanmar."

I talked to HSBC bank few days back. The guy who does this, told me that we can purchase USD2000 + equivalent 3000 usd in other currencies, i.e., GBP or EUR (canadian Dollar not available to anyone)= Total Equivalent USD5000 per passport (adult) and all in cash we can purchase from bank now. So legally you can buy 5000 equivalent USD per passport thru endorsement to your passport. For Child - the limit will just be half. For dollar purchase, City bank rate is better - suggested by sohel4math bhai (also shumon bhai). Canadian Dollar purchase korte gele Money exchange chara kono upai nai. Dibakar bhai er moto onekei tai koresen, i.e., USD 2000 from bank via endorsement + rest in Canadian Dollar (as much as possible - no limit). Now decision is yours.
Please tell me after endorsing 2k from bank, rest 3k of CAD - should we endorse that by money changer in our PP or just buy the CAD.

/Talk