+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
tracy422 said:
My country of Citizenship is Iraq and they sent my full application to the Syria (Damascus) VISA Office.
do you live in a different country currently? asking this because I saw in the CIC website that for Iraq the assigned visa office is Damascus. Did you request for some other visa office initially in your application?

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
tracy422 said:
Dear Fariza,

Thanks a lot.

I am really surprised why Singapore VISA Office has sent my files to Syria. According to the " Canada Immigration Guide" my case must be finalized here in Singapore. I am living here, my job and everything is in Singapore. Althought Syria VISA Office is reponsible for application from my country, I am living here.

Anyway, thanks almighty God.

Thanks Fariza,
Tracy

have you been living in Singapore for atleast 12 months before you filed the aplication?

tracy422

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
----
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
26 March 2010
AOR Received.
18 April 2010
IELTS Request
16 June10, submitted 15 September10- Band 6.5
I am living in Singapore. I never asked them to transfer my files to there at all. I am really surprised.

mchowdhury said:
do you live in a different country currently? asking this because I saw in the CIC website that for Iraq the assigned visa office is Damascus. Did you request for some other visa office initially in your application?

tracy422

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
----
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
26 March 2010
AOR Received.
18 April 2010
IELTS Request
I came to Singapore and after few months (around 3 months) I field out my application, however I had more than five years VISA of Singapore.

Is it the main reason for my case transformation?

mchowdhury said:
have you been living in Singapore for atleast 12 months before you filed the aplication?

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
tracy422 said:
I came to Singapore and after few months (around 3 months) I field out my application, however I had more than five years VISA of Singapore.

As far as I know, you can probably request for some other VO (other than the one for your country of citizenship) only if you have lived in an eligible country for that VO for atleast 12 months before you file your application.

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
tracy422 said:

ok I found where I have read that, look in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

It says:
"You must apply in your country of residence, your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year."

You probably needed to be in Singapore for atlast 12 months before you could request that VO.

tracy422

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
----
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
26 March 2010
AOR Received.
18 April 2010
IELTS Request
Thanks all,

I did not know this. I thought I msut have at least one year VISA of a country in which a VISA Office to which I am planning to send my application package is located. In the time of my application, I had 5 years working VISA in Singapore, so I applied and I selected Singapore VISA office. In addition, I sent a copy of my Singapore VISA to show that I have rights to stay in Singapore for 5 years. Actually, the copy was requested by the VISA Office check list.

Nevertheless, they have sent my application to Damascus, Syria, which is really far from here and I heared the processing time and conditions are really terrible there. Moreover, if they invite me for an interview, that will be another problem.

Lastly, I warmly appreciate your useful answers and helps.

I wish all the best for all of you.

Best regards,
Tracy

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
tracy422 said:
Thanks all,

I did not know this. I thought I msut have at least one year VISA of a country in which a VISA Office to which I am planning to send my application package is located. In the time of my application, I had 5 years working VISA in Singapore, so I applied and I selected Singapore VISA office. In addition, I sent a copy of my Singapore VISA to show that I have rights to stay in Singapore for 5 years. Actually, the copy was requested by the VISA Office check list.

Nevertheless, they have sent my application to Damascus, Syria, which is really far from here and I heared the processing time and conditions are really terrible there. Moreover, if they invite me for an interview, that will be another problem.

Best regards,
Tracy
well, my explanation of the rule could be wrong and yours (that you need 1 year's permission/visa) could be the correct explanation -so may be you should consult some seniors/experts before you draw a conclusion on what they really mean by that condition. When I read that, I thought they meant the applicant should live for 1 year...... but now when I heard your explanation, it sounds logical too (having atleast 1 years permission to stay). I hope the process goes smooth for you.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Everyone including Tracy CALM DOWN !

CHC Singapore has sent your file to CHC Damascus for the one and only reason.

Most of the Arab nations are on DANGER list of Canada and Homeland security.
CHC Singapore is not allowed to finalize any case of those nationals. nationals of those countries could be apotential risk to Canada and USA. CHC Damascus has intensive security steps and checklists for citizens of Arab nations.

I hope you all understood.
No other controversies, if you have clean criminal and security records then you will get the green signal.
just relax.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tracy422 said:
Thanks all,

Best regards,
Tracy
I reckon you are quite illegible to go with Singapore CHC... Probably you can mail to your VO restating your preference with good reason... So far came to know from this forum, Damascus might be a comparatively slower than singapore although the later have the challenge and workload of more applicant to process... Anyway keep us updated as you go along and best of luck

rana22april

Aug 1, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Doc's Request.
1st AOR :04-08-2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR : 05-01-2011
File Transfer...
SG: 24-11-2010,IP: 26-04-2012,Baby's file: 22-05-2012
Med's Request
Dtd:15-11-12, Rcvd :27-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-11-2012 , RPRF: 11-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-01-2013, VFS: 14-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-02-2013, rcvd from VFS:10-02-2013
LANDED..........
19-06-2013
Classical_beat said:
rana did you check your e-cas? Is this same as before? If they reject my application then they will send a letter where they will mention the reason of rejection. I hope its an error like other people. please pray for us.
Yesterday i checked my status. It is showing the same as before. Even if I count around 2 months period like your one , then it is likely to be ''in process'' from 3rd week of March.(if i'm lucky enough).....

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Teaspoon

IN PROCESS means your security and other checklists are yet to be completed and an Immigration officer is yet to take your file on hand and give final verdict.

Diabetes is world's most common problem, North America has got more diabetic persons.
Its not a dangerous disease ( I'd not call it a disease, rather its a hormone deficiency who's treatment is not that much if compared to other fatal diseases like AIDS and Cancer.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Jannat,

please let the office know that you have not yet received the medical package. Remember , you must send the medical within a stipulated time, that is between 45-60 days. everyone please correct me about the actual time CIC allows.

let us know if you get it. Good luck !

K

katoky

hi,
60 days...
jnathan,
as far as i know she sent case specific query few days b4...

katoky

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think bug is removed from the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) systems. No medical by pass :D