+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

all applicants from Quebec City

citque

Nov 1, 2013
I have not seen any post in this forum for applicants from Quebec City, my time line is as follow:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 15, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on September 30, 2013.

please share your timeline and experiences from citizenship test and/or ceremony

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My understanding is that Quebec City applications are processed in Montreal...

citque

Nov 1, 2013
yes, QCSunshine. But they sit for test and citizenship ceremony in an itinerant office in Quebec City

Yanor

Jan 27, 2014
citque said:
I have not seen any post in this forum for applicants from Quebec City, my time line is as follow:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 15, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

please share your timeline and experiences from citizenship test and/or ceremony
We almost have the same timelines, did you call cic in the meantime? They told me that my file was still in Sidney.

citque

Nov 1, 2013
I do not agree with you Yanor, more than 50 % of July applicants got their citizenship. take a look on "July 2013 Applications".

I called them, my file was transferred to Montreal last year and they said I should expect test when itinerant office in Quebec city is in service! As far as I know last service date was in Dec 2013, since then it is buried under a large pile of snow!!!

Yanor

Jan 27, 2014
citque said:
I do not agree with you Yanor, more than 50 % of July applicants got their citizenship. take a look on "July 2013 Applications".

I called them, my file was transferred to Montreal last year and they said I should expect test when itinerant office in Quebec city is in service! As far as I know last service date was in Dec 2013, since then it is buried under a large pile of snow!!!
Do you think the information they are providing me until now is wrong? As for yhe July applicants, i know that more than 50% of the applicants who are forum members here got their citizenship, and this is the reason why i feel confused that the file is still in process at the Sydney's office. They just told me that everything was fine so far ans that the background check was on going. An agent even told me that a background check can take up to 12 months, so i really don't know if this is true or not.

citque

Nov 1, 2013
No, No. Sorry Yanor, there is misunderstanding. I only disagree with "We almost have the same timelines". As you mentioned some got their certificate so the timelines are very different.

about call center, I think you know better than me but my experience is that you need to ask a specific question, namely, if you asked "could you please tell me the status of my file?" the response will be "in process" but if you ask in what date my file .... then you will have exact answer specially for your case.
general question will results in general response even the person is in a good mood.

Rob51

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citque said:

Maybe you will get an invitation soon. They updated the itinerant.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contact_us/offices/itinerant.asp
They will be in Québec City the last week of May.

Yanor

Jan 27, 2014
citque said:
No, No. Sorry Yanor, there is misunderstanding. I only disagree with "We almost have the same timelines". As you mentioned some got their certificate so the timelines are very different.

about call center, I think you know better than me but my experience is that you need to ask a specific question, namely, if you asked "could you please tell me the status of my file?" the response will be "in process" but if you ask in what date my file .... then you will have exact answer specially for your case.
general question will results in general response even the person is in a good mood.
Thanks Citique, i understand now. I'll will try that way.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
citque said:

;D

Well, we hit 27 oC in Montreal today, I'm hoping that there is no more snow at your end and that the itinerant office gets back to work and process your application.

citque

Nov 1, 2013
No news yet, but in another forum (in french) somebody got oath invitation for fifth of June in Quebec city:

demande de citoyenneté octobre 2011
accusé de réception janvier 2012
examen octobre 2013
la citoyenneté 5 juin 2014

forum.erableatlas.ca/t32762-examens-ou-ceremonies-citoyennete-a-quebec-du-26-au-30-mai