+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All AORs received in April 2015, lets connect here and share updates & timelines

nuno1313

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A notice (Electronic receipt of APR) is automatically issued to the applicants on receipt of their electronic application submission. This notice indicates the following: “Your application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application pursuant to section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.”

A letter (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is issued to the applicants once their application has passed a completeness check. This letter indicates the following: “CIC has reviewed your application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.”

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
-- MAJOR UPDATE that some might find comforting [or not] --

Just had a nice long conversation with a CIC call centre agent. Here's a summary.

Despite ministerial instructions ordering CIC to issue a R10 notice [2nd AOR] "upfront", the agent admitted CIC has a backlog.
The agent totally agrees that taking 4 months to reject a single case is absurd especially when ministerial instructions rushes them to process cases entirely within a total of 6 months [counting from AOR date]. However, CIC recently gave them clear new instructions : if an applicant's case doesn't receive a R10 notice within 18 weeks [counting from the AOR date], said applicant is AUTHORIZED to call CIC and CIC agents are then AUTHORIZED to look into the applicant's case, provide individual information, and if no R10 notice is to be found in the applicant's GCMS notes, then CIC agents WILL leave an urgent note inside the applicant's case to rush the processing office into reviewing said case eligibility ASAP.

Basically, my case has an AOR dated April 8.
CIC encouraged me to call back on August 12, so they can specifically check the status of my case and provide info on the R10 notice [and if my case has any missing document or if it has simply been rejected].

FINALLY, an agent who's willing to be as helpful as she's authorized to, AND gives clear instructions, AND understands one's frustration :)

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:
I'm thinking that #2 is quite unlikely. CIC isn't a teen-aged girl :eek:

#3 might be the scenario that makes the most sense. They might also be waiting until after the Civic Holiday. So August 4 for PPR please, CIC!!
Yampower Yampower Yampower! Please don't preempt CIC. Don't predict any date. They're watching this thread. Don't provoke them. Lol!!!

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Singalingali said:
Yampower Yampower Yampower! Please don't preempt CIC. Don't predict any date. They're watching this thread. Don't provoke them. Lol!!!
LOL!! I really don't think it matters. PPR could even come tomorrow or Thursday. The bad part for me is that Jamaica has Independence Day (public holiday) on August 6 so that takes away another day.

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:
LOL!! I really don't think it matters. PPR could even come tomorrow or Thursday. The bad part for me is that Jamaica has Independence Day (public holiday) on August 6 so that takes away another day.
he he he. God help us.

brunofuster

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
just got PPR :D

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
brunofuster said:
just got PPR :D
Another Aprilite progressing!! YAAAY!!! ;D ;D

ullu_ka_pattha

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaydenB said:
-- MAJOR UPDATE that some might find comforting [or not] --

Just had a nice long conversation with a CIC call centre agent. Here's a summary.

Despite ministerial instructions ordering CIC to issue a R10 notice [2nd AOR] "upfront", the agent admitted CIC has a backlog.
The agent totally agrees that taking 4 months to reject a single case is absurd especially when ministerial instructions rushes them to process cases entirely within a total of 6 months [counting from AOR date]. However, CIC recently gave them clear new instructions : if an applicant's case doesn't receive a R10 notice within 18 weeks [counting from the AOR date], said applicant is AUTHORIZED to call CIC and CIC agents are then AUTHORIZED to look into the applicant's case, provide individual information, and if no R10 notice is to be found in the applicant's GCMS notes, then CIC agents WILL leave an urgent note inside the applicant's case to rush the processing office into reviewing said case eligibility ASAP.

Basically, my case has an AOR dated April 8.
CIC encouraged me to call back on August 12, so they can specifically check the status of my case and provide info on the R10 notice [and if my case has any missing document or if it has simply been rejected].

FINALLY, an agent who's willing to be as helpful as she's authorized to, AND gives clear instructions, AND understands one's frustration :)
Interesting. Did they agent tell you if your file has.moved to Ottawa VO? They normally tell this if you have a genuine reason to want to raise a CSE and want to know where your app is. And if your app is in Ottawa VO, you are through R10.

Harvey90

Jul 28, 2015
ITA received: Feb 22? (Not sure)
File submitted: Apr 21 ( I submitted my file at last day of 60 days)
Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: In Progress
A final decision has been reached: Not Started

Passport and Photos requested: July 22

Waiting

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Harvey90 said:
ITA received: Feb 22? (Not sure)
File submitted: Apr 21 ( I submitted my file at last day of 60 days)
Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: In Progress
A final decision has been reached: Not Started

Passport and Photos requested: July 22

Waiting!

Congrats on getting PPR! Are you an inland applicant or outside Canada?

brunofuster

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
Thanks fellas! After getting laid off I thought this time would never come.

Yours are on its way :)

jacob1948

Dec 2, 2014
Hello Guys! I want to share my timeline.

Feb 7: ITA(CEC)
Apr 1: App submitted
Apr 7: AOR
Apr 20: Medical passed
Apr 20: BG in progress
Apr 20: Add doc requested(Celpip)
Apr 20: Add doc submitted(Celpip)
Jul 14: PPR
Jul 16: Photocopies of Passport sent to Ottawa
Jul 20: COPR received
Jul 27: Flagpole(at Carway border)

Thank you. Good luck!! :)

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:
Why do you wait PPR?