NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Just discovered this thread so re-posting my GCMS info for others:

GCMS notes arrived. I requested GCMS few days before I got a documents request so this GCMS does not have any big news. What is my VO? is it the primary or secondary office? see below for details
  • Applied for GCMS on Feb 11
  • Received GCMS as pdf via email on Mar 15
  • GCMS says:
    • Created Date: 2020/03/14
    • Updated Date: 2020/11/02 (the date Med passed)
Created Date: 2020/03/14
Created By: (some name)
Updated Date: 2020/11/02
Updated By: (some alpha numeric code starting with PM)
Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa
GCMS Information Request: Application
Request Identifier: (some alpha numeric code)
Requested Date: 02/12/2021
Secondary Office: OSC - Operations Support Centre
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress
Category: CEC
Sub Category: TFW
RPRF: Complete

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started (I know it started sometime around Feb 16th [after my GCMS request] because I got a document request)
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

Sydneyaccountant

Star Member
Nov 21, 2020
Hi LF, thanks for providing all the information. I am a bit confused about the best time to apply for these notes. I have just completed my biometrics and medical. AOR is in March2021. Do you suggest I wait for 2-3 months before I apply for the notes? Also, do the results show you the notes at a particular point of time. And you’d have to apply again to get an updated version with new notes left by the visa officer.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi LF, thanks for providing all the information. I am a bit confused about the best time to apply for these notes. I have just completed my biometrics and medical. AOR is in March2021. Do you suggest I wait for 2-3 months before I apply for the notes? Also, do the results show you the notes at a particular point of time. And you’d have to apply again to get an updated version with new notes left by the visa officer.
Reporting my old post on this:

When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant.

While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

To read on stages, see https://bit.ly/3rYRYbT
Security: https://bit.ly/3apWglN
PNP: https://bit.ly/3sRhC3r

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
One can glean a lot from web form inquires often as well instead of Gcms Notes, but if you do request the Gcms Notes then 3-4 months post AOR or even later may be a good time to check in about the status. With the pandemic there are delays all around so you may want to be wait a bit longer before requesting Gcms

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Applied for officer notes in December. Still waiting. Any idea why it’s taking long?
It's almost as good as coin toss whether you will receive your GCMS file in 30 days or if it's going to take far longer (Some/one GCMS provider has disproportionately been receiving 90 day extensions, so beware from where you request).

The unfortunate part is that IRCC has categorized 3rd party GCMS providers into tiers when it comes to extensions.

As a result some 3rd parties will fairly consistently receive 90 days extensions when you get gcms while others receive 60 day extensions if and when extensions are taken

These actions of IRCC were revealed in response to an ATIP request and are an undisputed fact.

CBSA on other hand has a better track; review this detailed comparison for requesting Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

rwang3

Jul 19, 2020
Burnaby, BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
04-06-2020
AOR Received.
05-02-2021
File Transfer...
07-08-2020
Hello! Just received my GCMS note and have some questions regarding it. Thanks for any help ahead!
BCPNP stream AR August-6-2020
AOR February-5-2021
MR March-1-2021
GCMS note ordered March-8-2020

1: In the incoming section the "incoming 1" showed as
INCOMING
INCOMING: 1

Created Date: 2021/02/08
Created By: EAIMELUTC
Updated Date:2021/2/26
Updated By: WBMRCR
Create Office: GCMS-System
Item: Use of representative IMM 5476
Due Date: 2021/02/08
Via: Online
Received By: EAIMELUTC
Received Date:2021/02/08

What I am confused about is that officer note 1 indicates that on 2/5/2021 Authorized Paid Rep XXX, Used IMM 5476 form file forwarded to Read-For-Eval-CT. I do not understand the application arrived with form 5476 and they checked it on 2/5. Why there is another update on 2/8 to update the status of the form via WBMRCR. Is this because my rep linked my application to the APR portal on February 8th?

2: on my history page there is s 16(2)(c) on the right corner and the activities are blank. Page 30-47 are withheld due to section s 16(2)(c). I passed criminality as "passed-bio". Eligibility and security are both "not started". In this case, does section 16 mean a security screening or just something related to RCMP?

Thanks!

riyazqa

Jan 8, 2020
Qatar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Hi can anyone help me to review my GCMS notes? any thing to worry about ? Thanks in Advance!

NOTES

NOTES: 1

Created Date: 2020/11/19 10:58:40

Created By: DM01333

Updated Date: 2020/11/19 10:59:19

Updated By: DM01333

Restricted: No

Label: General

Office: Centralized Intake Office

Text:

REVIEW TYPE: A11.2 - CASE PROCESSING AGENT APPLICATION: XXXXXX REGULATION: PNP: FSW,

2020-09-25 I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the

information contained in the file and note the following. RECOMMENDATION:***Review REQUIRED by Officer***

*** Please Review information regarding refusal in notes ** Please Review Funds A11.2: REVIEW REQUIRED

R87: REVIEW REQUIRED R75: REVIEW REQUIRED R76: Selection Criteria - FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET

R76: Selection Criteria - FUNDS: REVIEW REQUIRED MEDICAL: ALL VALID Ready to Finalize

______________________ PNP NOMINATION: - Province of Nomination: MB.

- PNC#: 2063818. - Province matches current residence: Yes. - Nomination validity: Original. - Case Type:

Economic Case. - Schedule 4 on file: Yes. _____________________ _

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 996 CRS points minimum score

for round: 475 CRS score at application (APR): 996 Total CRS Points Assessed: 996 I have reviewed the

following for CRS points: and MARRIED at APR PA gained points as at ITA PA gained points for 3+ year(s)

Foreign Work Experience with XXXXXXX ON edoc# 393758129 *Skill Transferability* 050-

Foreign Work Experience - Verified EDUCATION

CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED Bachelor's Degree, XXXXXXX R75(2)(A) PRIMARY OCCUPATION: NOC XXXX

XXXXXX WORK EXPERIENCE 1: Foreign XXXXX (NOC: XXX) for XXXXXX

XXXXX R75(2) LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT (eDoc# 393758129 Dated: 2020-09-16 Job Description

consistent with lead statement and main duties of declared NOC - YES

______________________ FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET FSW score at

ITA: 73/ Min required FSW Score: 67 Total FSW Points Assessed: 73 11 - R80 Work Experience - Verified 05-

R83 Adaptability - Verified Spouse has language Proficiency PNP Triage: Refer to IR

______________________ Family Composition: NO CONCERNS PA

(XXXX, XXX), MARRIED Marriage certificate is on file PASSPORT EXPIRY: 2029-03-12 SPOUSE/CL (XXX,

XXX), ACCOMPANYING PASSPORT EXPIRY: 2029-03-10 DEP 1 (XXX, XXX, born: 2014-04-22,

age at lock-in date: 6), ACCOMPANYING Birth cert.: PA and Spouse listed as parents PASSPORT EXPIRY:

2027-10-22 DEP 2 (XXXX, XXXX, born: 2018-08-16, age at lock-in date: 2), ACCOMPANYING Birth cert.: PA and

Spouse listed as parents PASSPORT EXPIRY: 2023-09-03

____________________ INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA

(XXXX, XXX) In Status - TRV Valid Until: 2029-03-11 NO ADVERSE INFORMATION SPOUSE/CL (SAlT,

MOHAMED RIYAZ) No trace in GCMS/FOSS other than present application DEP 1 (XX, XXX) No trace in

GCMS/FOSS other than present application DEP 2 (XXX, XXX) No trace in GCMS/FOSS other than present

Application

NOTES: 4

Created Date: 2020/11/03 07:57:38

Created By: KR8850

Updated Date: 2020/11/0307:57:53

Updated By: KR8850

Request Identifier: A-2021-04933

Requested Date: 03/09/2021

Label: EE Eligibility

Text:

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: XXXX REGULATION: PNP I have reviewed this

application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and

note the following. MIN.SCORE: 475 CRS SCORE: 996 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI

Spouse Application Promoted: Existing UCI Dep 1 Application Promoted: Existing UCI Dep 2 Application

Promoted: Existing UCI SP: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Primary Applicant Medical

Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Dep 1 Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Dep 2 Medical

Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified -----LANGUAGES----- Principal Applicant English- IEL TS Met

Threshold & Verified Spouse English-IELTS Verified -----EDUCATION----- Primary Applicant ECA report Verified

on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary

reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree (four years) Foreign credential provided Spouse Foreign

credential provided -----POLICE CERTIFICATE----- Primary Applicant India police certificate: Provided-NRT Qatar

police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse Qatar police certificate:

Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required-Stat Questions India PC Provided Thailand PC

Provided -----AGE----- Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello! Just received my GCMS note and have some questions regarding it. Thanks for any help ahead!
BCPNP stream AR August-6-2020
AOR February-5-2021
MR March-1-2021
GCMS note ordered March-8-2020

1: In the incoming section the "incoming 1" showed as
INCOMING
INCOMING: 1

Created Date: 2021/02/08
Created By: EAIMELUTC
Updated Date:2021/2/26
Updated By: WBMRCR
Create Office: GCMS-System
Item: Use of representative IMM 5476
Due Date: 2021/02/08
Via: Online
Received By: EAIMELUTC
Received Date:2021/02/08

What I am confused about is that officer note 1 indicates that on 2/5/2021 Authorized Paid Rep XXX, Used IMM 5476 form file forwarded to Read-For-Eval-CT. I do not understand the application arrived with form 5476 and they checked it on 2/5. Why there is another update on 2/8 to update the status of the form via WBMRCR. Is this because my rep linked my application to the APR portal on February 8th?

2: on my history page there is s 16(2)(c) on the right corner and the activities are blank. Page 30-47 are withheld due to section s 16(2)(c). I passed criminality as "passed-bio". Eligibility and security are both "not started". In this case, does section 16 mean a security screening or just something related to RCMP?

Thanks!

1. All documents have to be entered and that is why you see the note when the documents was entered in the system

2. Most GCMS notes will have information redacted under s16. It does not mean that you are under enhanced security screening. To read on s16 see https://bit.ly/3uxVIT2

To read on security, how it is done and the security screening manual, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Reactions: rwang3

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi can anyone help me to review my GCMS notes? any thing to worry about ? Thanks in Advance!

NOTES

NOTES: 1

Created Date: 2020/11/19 10:58:40

Created By: DM01333

Updated Date: 2020/11/19 10:59:19

Updated By: DM01333

Label: General

Text:

REVIEW TYPE: A11.2 - CASE PROCESSING AGENT APPLICATION: XXXXXX REGULATION: PNP: FSW,

2020-09-25 I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the

information contained in the file and note the following. RECOMMENDATION:***Review REQUIRED by Officer***

*** Please Review information regarding refusal in notes ** Please Review Funds A11.2: REVIEW REQUIRED

R87: REVIEW REQUIRED R75: REVIEW REQUIRED R76: Selection Criteria - FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET

R76: Selection Criteria - FUNDS: REVIEW REQUIRED MEDICAL: ALL VALID Ready to Finalize

______________________ PNP NOMINATION: - Province of Nomination: MB.

- PNC#: 2063818. - Province matches current residence: Yes. - Nomination validity: Original. - Case Type:

Economic Case. - Schedule 4 on file: Yes. _____________________ _

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 996 CRS points minimum score

for round: 475 CRS score at application (APR): 996 Total CRS Points Assessed: 996 I have reviewed the

following for CRS points: and MARRIED at APR PA gained points as at ITA PA gained points for 3+ year(s)

Foreign Work Experience with XXXXXXX ON edoc# 393758129 *Skill Transferability* 050-

Foreign Work Experience - Verified EDUCATION

CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED Bachelor's Degree, XXXXXXX R75(2)(A) PRIMARY OCCUPATION: NOC XXXX

XXXXXX WORK EXPERIENCE 1: Foreign XXXXX (NOC: XXX) for XXXXXX

XXXXX R75(2) LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT (eDoc# 393758129 Dated: 2020-09-16 Job Description

consistent with lead statement and main duties of declared NOC - YES

______________________ FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET FSW score at

ITA: 73/ Min required FSW Score: 67 Total FSW Points Assessed: 73 11 - R80 Work Experience - Verified 05-

R83 Adaptability - Verified Spouse has language Proficiency PNP Triage: Refer to IR

______________________ Family Composition: NO CONCERNS PA

(XXXX, XXX), MARRIED Marriage certificate is on file PASSPORT EXPIRY: 2029-03-12 SPOUSE/CL (XXX,

XXX), ACCOMPANYING PASSPORT EXPIRY: 2029-03-10 DEP 1 (XXX, XXX, born: 2014-04-22,

age at lock-in date: 6), ACCOMPANYING Birth cert.: PA and Spouse listed as parents PASSPORT EXPIRY:

2027-10-22 DEP 2 (XXXX, XXXX, born: 2018-08-16, age at lock-in date: 2), ACCOMPANYING Birth cert.: PA and

Spouse listed as parents PASSPORT EXPIRY: 2023-09-03

____________________ INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA

(XXXX, XXX) In Status - TRV Valid Until: 2029-03-11 NO ADVERSE INFORMATION SPOUSE/CL (SAlT,

MOHAMED RIYAZ) No trace in GCMS/FOSS other than present application DEP 1 (XX, XXX) No trace in

GCMS/FOSS other than present application DEP 2 (XXX, XXX) No trace in GCMS/FOSS other than present

Application

NOTES: 4

Created Date: 2020/11/03 07:57:38

Created By: KR8850

Updated Date: 2020/11/0307:57:53

Updated By: KR8850

Request Identifier: A-2021-04933

Requested Date: 03/09/2021

Label: EE Eligibility

Text:

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: XXXX REGULATION: PNP I have reviewed this

application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and

note the following. MIN.SCORE: 475 CRS SCORE: 996 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI

Spouse Application Promoted: Existing UCI Dep 1 Application Promoted: Existing UCI Dep 2 Application

Promoted: Existing UCI SP: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Primary Applicant Medical

Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Dep 1 Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Dep 2 Medical

Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified -----LANGUAGES----- Principal Applicant English- IEL TS Met

Threshold & Verified Spouse English-IELTS Verified -----EDUCATION----- Primary Applicant ECA report Verified

on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary

reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree (four years) Foreign credential provided Spouse Foreign

credential provided -----POLICE CERTIFICATE----- Primary Applicant India police certificate: Provided-NRT Qatar

police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse Qatar police certificate:

Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required-Stat Questions India PC Provided Thailand PC

Provided -----AGE----- Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR
Note 4 is your R10 or the completeness check note.

Note 1 is your eligibility note and has review required.

I had an old post on RR, re-posting it here.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Preux

Jul 14, 2020
Hi everyone
Is there any way to follow up on receiving GCMS notes?
it's been 6 weeks but I still haven't received them.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone
Is there any way to follow up on receiving GCMS notes?
it's been 6 weeks but I still haven't received them.
If you requested your own GCMS notes though the ATIP website, you can send an email at ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca to know the status. Also, you can file a delay complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner pursuant to section 30 of the Access to Information Act.

If you filed your request under the Privacy Act, you can file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner.

If you requested from a a service provider, they will have to contact IRCC and/or file your complaint.

Reactions: Preux

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020
Hello team,

I applied for GCMS notes on Feb 5th, thru GetGCMS, but still I have not received the notes yet.
What could be the reason for so much delay?
Is it taking this long for others also?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello team,

I applied for GCMS notes on Feb 5th, thru GetGCMS, but still I have not received the notes yet.
What could be the reason for so much delay?
Is it taking this long for others also?
As per IRCC's 2020 ATIP report, between 2019-2020, 49% of the requests filed with IRCC were delayed and 6% took longer than 120 days to be released.

If your request was subject to an extension, you would have informed of the same. If not, then your GCMS notes are delayed. Many GCMS notes are delayed, and your request is not the only one. To read more on this, see https://bit.ly/3taIify

riyazqa

Jan 8, 2020
Qatar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
In my recent GCMS notes, it's showing, so where my file is currently any idea?

Primary Office: London

Secondary Office: Centralized Intake Office