05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: cecoutlanduser123

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
It's been 30 + 120 days and I still haven't received my GCMS notes. Originally it was a 90 days extension.

Is this common?
Anyone else waiting for this long?
Is it possible I don't get the notes?
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
I finally received my notes.
The officers review is a little concerning. Please have a look and tell me what you think.
https://postimg.cc/8fSrjRK0

Although the eligibility is passed on page two. I can't tell if it has been passed by the officer. What do you think my eligibility?

What's concerning more is that some of the officer's comments on admissibility is redacted as you can see.

I believe my security has started because the security in my first notes (July 2020) looked like this
https://postimg.cc/N5MQRN9v
But in this second notes, it looks like this
https://postimg.cc/TpmCNxWV
Please do you think security has started?

There's also the s.15 in the notes and pages 69 - 122 is withheld under section 16(2)(c). I'm guessing this is why some of the officer's comments in Note 1 are redacted. Am I correct?

Finally the notes was generated in Nov 6, 2020. And after that date, I have received request for schedule 4 in the last week of November and a couple of GU in November and December. I'm hoping that my security should have been cleared by now if it indeed started already since it would be almost 110 days later.

Thank you and sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
The officers review is a little concerning. Please have a look and tell me what you think.

Although the eligibility is passed on page two. I can't tell if it has been passed by the officer. What do you think my eligibility?

What's concerning more is that some of the officer's comments on admissibility is redacted as you can see.

I believe my security has started because the security in my first notes (July 2020) looked like this

There's also the s.15 in the notes and pages 69 - 122 is withheld under section 16(2)(c). I'm guessing this is why some of the officer's comments in Note 1 are redacted. Am I correct?

Finally the notes was generated in Nov 6, 2020. And after that date, I have received request for schedule 4 in the last week of November and a couple of GU in November and December. I'm hoping that my security should have been cleared by now if it indeed started already since it would be almost 110 days later.

@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Any ideas please?

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes

You're in good shape as far i can see. Everything seems to be normal with no alarming concerns. You application is waiting for a Final Decision (FINDEC) that is when the Eligibility would be conclusively passed and you'll see Approved under final on the second page. The last review has been done by an Officer. You never know it might have been approved by now based on the GU's that you received. Secondly, w.r.t Security, that's the usual pattern. Every person would have that security info redacted. What was your eligibility prior to this ? Recommend Interview?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike@2019

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
You're in good shape as far i can see. Everything seems to be normal with no alarming concerns. You application is waiting for a Final Decision (FINDEC) that is when the Eligibility would be conclusively passed and you'll see Approved under final on the second page. You never know it might have been approved by now based on the GU's that you received. Secondly, w.r.t Security, that's the usual pattern. Every person would have that security info redacted. What was your eligibility prior to this ? Recommend Interview?
Thank you.
My eligibility was passed my the Case Processing Agent (May 2020). I was hoping that the Officer will say something like "eligibility passed". But he/she didn't mention anything concerning eligibility.

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thank you.
My eligibility was passed my the Case Processing Agent (May 2020). I was hoping that the Officer will say something like "eligibility passed". But he/she didn't mention anything concerning eligibility.
That's redacted. My guess is that it would be "Upon review of all informations and balance of probabilities, I am satisfied that the PA meets the ......" That's the usual verbiage they use mostly.

Parimala

Apr 1, 2021
@legalfalcon
Feb 23, 2020 AOR - FSW PA inland and spouse outland.
In the recent GCMS notes that I have received, there is a note which says

Text: 'IC received regarding application. forwarded for action.'

What does IC mean here?
Could you please help to understand what this note is about?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Feb 23, 2020 AOR - FSW PA inland and spouse outland.
In the recent GCMS notes that I have received, there is a note which says

Text: 'IC received regarding application. forwarded for action.'

What does IC mean here?
Could you please help to understand what this note is about?
Internal Communication, which can be from a different office, IRCC call centre etc.

Reactions: Parimala

Bica

Dec 29, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

My eligibility is stuck at review required. I guess the problems are due to my reference letter. My company is an international bank and have their standard reference letter, i.e. no job duties mentioned, only have date join, last job title, annual income.

Therefore, I have submitted my reference letter with company letter head (no job duties), employment contract, paystubs, some emails between my working partners which could demonstrate my job duties, LOE when I apply PR.

Last time, you have suggested me to ask my colleagues to write a reference letter for me. Finally my previous supervisor can write a reference letter for me. I would like to further seek your advice for further step:
  • Due to my company policy, reference letter with letter head only can be issued by HR. If I submit a supplementary reference letter wrote by my previous supervisor on a plain paper with business card, would it be accepted by IRCC? Would it need to be notarized?
  • Should I wait for IRCC to request me ADR or should I submit this supplementary reference letter ASAP?
Below is my GCMS notes for reference. Appreciate to have your professional advice.

My GCMS notes:
REVIEW TYPE: A11.2 - CASE PROCESSING AGENT APPLICATION: EXXXXXXXX REGULATION: PNP: FSW,
2020-10-22 | have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. RECOMMENDATION:***Review REQUIRED by Officer*** ** Please Review Funds ***Please Review RE Lead statement and duties edoc XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXX A11.2: REVIEW REQUIRED R87: REVIEW REQUIRED R75: REVIEW REQUIRED R76: Selection Criteria - FSW POINTS: REVIEW REQUIRED R76: Selection Criteria - FUNDS: MEDICAL: ALL VALID Ready to Finalize
PNP NOMINATION: - Province of Nomination: BC. - PNC#: BCSAXXXXXXX. - Province matches current residence: Yes. - Nomination validity: Original. - Case Type: Economic Case. - Schedule 4 on file: Yes. Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 899 CRS points minimum score for round: 471 CRS score at application (APR): 899 Total CRS Points Assessed: 874 | have reviewed the following for CRS points: EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED Bachelor's Degree, COMMUNICATION / Diploma/Certificate, COMPLETION ONE YEAR COLLEGE CERT IN FINANCIAL PLANNING R75(2)(A) PRIMARY OCCUPATION: NOC 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers WORK EXPERIENCE 1: Foreign Manager XXXXXX (NOC: 0124) for XXX Company R75(2) LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT (eDoc# XXXXXXXXX Job Description consistent with lead statement and main duties of declared NOC – REVIEW REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE 2: Foreign Manager XXXXXX (NOC: 0124) for XXX Company R75(2) LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT (eDoc# XXXXXXXX Job Description consistent with lead statement and main duties of declared NOC – REVIEW REQUIRED FSW POINTS: REVIEW REQUIRED FSW score at ITA: 68 / Min required FSW Score: 67 Total FSW Points Assessed: 53 05 - R83 Adaptability - Verified Spouse has language Proficiency PNP Triage: Refer to IR Family Composition

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

My eligibility is stuck at review required. I guess the problems are due to my reference letter. My company is an international bank and have their standard reference letter, i.e. no job duties mentioned, only have date join, last job title, annual income.

Therefore, I have submitted my reference letter with company letter head (no job duties), employment contract, paystubs, some emails between my working partners which could demonstrate my job duties, LOE when I apply PR.

Last time, you have suggested me to ask my colleagues to write a reference letter for me. Finally my previous supervisor can write a reference letter for me. I would like to further seek your advice for further step:
  • Due to my company policy, reference letter with letter head only can be issued by HR. If I submit a supplementary reference letter wrote by my previous supervisor on a plain paper with business card, would it be accepted by IRCC? Would it need to be notarized?
  • Should I wait for IRCC to request me ADR or should I submit this supplementary reference letter ASAP?
Below is my GCMS notes for reference. Appreciate to have your professional advice.

My GCMS notes:
REVIEW TYPE: A11.2 - CASE PROCESSING AGENT APPLICATION: EXXXXXXXX REGULATION: PNP: FSW,
2020-10-22 | have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. RECOMMENDATION:***Review REQUIRED by Officer*** ** Please Review Funds ***Please Review RE Lead statement and duties edoc XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXX A11.2: REVIEW REQUIRED R87: REVIEW REQUIRED R75: REVIEW REQUIRED R76: Selection Criteria - FSW POINTS: REVIEW REQUIRED R76: Selection Criteria - FUNDS: MEDICAL: ALL VALID Ready to Finalize
PNP NOMINATION: - Province of Nomination: BC. - PNC#: BCSAXXXXXXX. - Province matches current residence: Yes. - Nomination validity: Original. - Case Type: Economic Case. - Schedule 4 on file: Yes. Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 899 CRS points minimum score for round: 471 CRS score at application (APR): 899 Total CRS Points Assessed: 874 | have reviewed the following for CRS points: EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED Bachelor's Degree, COMMUNICATION / Diploma/Certificate, COMPLETION ONE YEAR COLLEGE CERT IN FINANCIAL PLANNING R75(2)(A) PRIMARY OCCUPATION: NOC 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers WORK EXPERIENCE 1: Foreign Manager XXXXXX (NOC: 0124) for XXX Company R75(2) LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT (eDoc# XXXXXXXXX Job Description consistent with lead statement and main duties of declared NOC – REVIEW REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE 2: Foreign Manager XXXXXX (NOC: 0124) for XXX Company R75(2) LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT (eDoc# XXXXXXXX Job Description consistent with lead statement and main duties of declared NOC – REVIEW REQUIRED FSW POINTS: REVIEW REQUIRED FSW score at ITA: 68 / Min required FSW Score: 67 Total FSW Points Assessed: 53 05 - R83 Adaptability - Verified Spouse has language Proficiency PNP Triage: Refer to IR Family Composition

As per IRCC you have to provide a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
If any of the mandatory requirements mentioned above are not met, then you can supplement them with another document.

In your case, you can provide a letter from your previous supervisor, and it does not have to be notarised. Just a letter on a plain paper, mentioning how the person knows you and how they can be contacted by IRCC if required.

It is your responsibility to submit all documents as per IRCC prerequisites. IRCC can reject your application, or send you a procedural fairness letter since you do not meet the work reference requirements, as it is missing the job duties. So it is advised that you submit it yourself.

Reactions: Bica