Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Hi guys,
I ordered GCMS notes directly from the ATIP site with the help of a friend in Canada. We decided to use my own email on the IMM5744E consent form (under her info) because last time they emailed the notes to her, and I wanted it to be emailed to me this time. Would this be an issue?
Hey, did you get your gcms?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
There is another note that says PA not in status in the end what does that mean. I applied for PR under EE and reside in USA. Never been to Canada.
Thanks for answering my question @legalfalcon
If you have never been to Canada, no need to worry. After an officer's review it will be changed and if IRCC would have any other concerns, they will contact you.

Reactions: anirudh1996

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Are you also waiting ? When did you order?
Ordered on 17th August and received in first week of september. Thinking to order again in two months or so, but planning to give my own email address and friends address, who lives in Canada

NMOT

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Dubai, UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-01-2020
Nomination.....
21-11-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2020
Hey, did you get your gcms?
Hi, so this was in fact an issue. I emailed ATIP for a follow up and they replied
"We are not satisfied that the email address provided belongs to the requester. As such, we will be sending the response to the mailing address provided on the request.
Due to privacy regulations, we may only discuss files with the original requester, authorized representative or designated individual (as per section 1 of the consent form).
"
They ended up sending my notes in a CD to my friend's mailing address, which was of course delayed. Lesson learned: we cannot use our own email address in the consent form.

Reactions: arbu45

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Hi, so this was in fact an issue. I emailed ATIP for a follow up and they replied
"We are not satisfied that the email address provided belongs to the requester. As such, we will be sending the response to the mailing address provided on the request.
Due to privacy regulations, we may only discuss files with the original requester, authorized representative or designated individual (as per section 1 of the consent form).
"
They ended up sending my notes in a CD to my friend's mailing address, which was of course delayed. Lesson learned: we cannot use our own email address in the consent form.
Ohh alright. That's what I was thinking.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
"
@NMOT @arbu45

IRCC ATIP is taking a tougher stance and scrutinising GCMS requests from individuals far more and such incidents have been reported by other users of the forum as well.

Reactions: arbu45

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
@NMOT @arbu45

IRCC ATIP is taking a tougher stance and scrutinising GCMS requests from individuals far more and such incidents have been reported by other users of the forum as well.
Yup, had a gut feeling. Someone suggested me to do so but Thank God, I didn't and went through a proper channel

Reactions: caipsnotes

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
"

IRCC ATIP has its privacy policy and your documents can only be requested by the original requester, authorized representative or designated individual as stated in your letter.

IRCC ATIP Manual establishes an elaborate procedure to ensure that the person requesting the information has the right under the act. The relevant part of the manuals states:

The institution can rely on the information provided by the requester unless specific facts indicate that the requester was not present in Canada at the time the request was made or that the requester is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident.
In the decision Cyanamid Canada Inc. v. Canada (Minister of National Health and Welfare) (1992), 45 C.P.R. (3d) 390, [1992] F.C.A. No. 950 (C.A.), the Court ruled that a government institution must be reasonably satisfied of the requester’s right of access and that there has to be some evidence.

The institution must have sufficient information to be satisfied that the requester meets the requirements of the Act. It must be in possession of sufficient indicators of presence in Canada at the time the request was made, residence in Canada or Canadian citizenship, or proof that the requester is a permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
If IRCC finds a discrepancy in the name and details fo the requestor and the information provided, they would err on the side of caution and release the information to a physical address to ensure that the information is indeed sent to the requestor or the authorised representative. Also, most physical addresses can be verified on IRCC database.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Anybody still waiting for GCMS notes? I applied on 4th September and still waiting ?
I applied on September 8th and got it on October 2nd. Recently I have applied for another set of notes since I got a ghost update on around October 7th and my eligibility changed from "currently verifying" to "currently valid".

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
I applied on September 8th and got it on October 2nd. Recently I have applied for another set of notes since I got a ghost update on around October 7th and my eligibility changed from "currently verifying" to "currently valid".
I was wondering if you ordered this note via getgcms, right? Thank you.