+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

saudamini9

Sep 26, 2018
Hello,
I wanted to get some initial reactions from folks who've been through this process on my GCMS notes below. They do not look very positive to me.

Please read this for additional context:
My Express entry profile score was 451 based on education and work exp. I received ITA on JUNE 1 2018
After ITA Submission, my score was 481 as my Maternal Uncle resides in Canada. I submitted my ITA on July 24 2018.
Here are my 3 points of concern -
1. Funds - While I have provided funds, my bank would not sign the document and would only get it notarized. So my letter is not signed but it is notarized. In the notes below it says Funds-Appears met, but in the last section of the notes, it also calls out that it doesn't have a signature but is notarized. Also, i opened y bank account 7 months before ITA but have maintained a balance more than how much i require for EE since that date.- Is this a cause for concern ?
2. Filiation with Uncle - When I got my document checklist, it only asked for proof of relationship and didn't ask for proof of rsidence and I was informed to not provide documents they didn't ask for :( Also, my initial score (451) for getting ITA did not include points for filiation with uncle. Does it matter if I don't get these points ? so instead of 481 it goes back to 451 and I had received the ITA for 451.
3. Statutory Questions: I had a denied Tourist Visa in 2013 (apparently because my Family Form was incomplete) to Canada which I had already declared in the Statutory Question (which is what the note is referring to in the Potential Adverse Info Note - I was being as upfront as I could with my Tourist Visa Denial ) - Is this a cause for concern.

These are the Analyst Notes :
RECOMMENDATION: Review Required MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: -CRIMINALITY: CIO RECOMMENDED REVIEW REQUIRED FOR STATUTORY QUESTION -PROOF OF FUNDS: EDOC#XXXXXXXXX, NO SIGNATURE ON DOCUMENT, DATE OF ACCOUNT OPENING - 2017 DECEMBER. -QUALIFIED PERSON IN CANADA: UNCLE NO PROOF OF CANADIAN ADDRESS PROVIDED. A11.2 APPEARS MET R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - APPEARS MET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Appears met FSW POINTS Total: 70 READY TO FINALIZE RPRF: COMPLETE

POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION: NOTE: -CRIMINALITY: CIO RECOMMEND REVIEW REQUIRED FOR STATUTORY QUESTION: [REFUSED ADMISSION DETAILS] I WAS REFUSED A VISITOR VISA IN CANADA IN 2013 DUE TO INSUFFICIENT DOCUMENTS/MISSED SIGNATURE. I WAS ALSO REFUSED A TOURIST VISA TO THE US ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO BECAUSE I WAS NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE SUFFICIENT DOCUMENTS PER THEIR REQUEST.

ADAPTABILITY: 0 FSW POINTS IS RELATED TO A QUALIFYING CANADIAN PERSON. PA PROVIDED COPY OF PROOF OF FILIATION TO MATERNAL UNCLE CONFIRMED WITH BC. NO PROOF OF CANADIAN RESIDENCE PROVIDED. POINTS NOT ATTRIBUTED.

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears to meet approx XXXXXX per statement dated XXXXX. PA PROVIDED A SUMMARY OF 2 ACCOUNTS. NO HISTORY OF FUNDS PROVIDED. ACCOUNT OPENING DATE 2017/12/22. LETTER IS NOT SIGNED BY BANK OFFICIAL. LETTER WAS STAMPED BY PUBLIC NOTARY.

Thank you very much ! Any help is appreciated. Feedback, even if negative is appreciated :)

howtolive

Dec 3, 2018
To answer your first question, Yes.

When I spoke to 3 different CIC call center agents, they said it depends on your Local Visa Office. Some will send PPR while others will contact you when they have a date decided. I am assuming the latter option is only for inland applicants and will take longer depending on their availability.
Thank you for your help.
We're on the same boat.
I will pray for our golden email. Good day~

Reactions: abd90

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Hello,
I wanted to get some initial reactions from folks who've been through this process on my GCMS notes below. They do not look very positive to me.

Please read this for additional context:
My Express entry profile score was 451 based on education and work exp. I received ITA on JUNE 1 2018
After ITA Submission, my score was 481 as my Maternal Uncle resides in Canada. I submitted my ITA on July 24 2018.
Here are my 3 points of concern -
1. Funds - While I have provided funds, my bank would not sign the document and would only get it notarized. So my letter is not signed but it is notarized. In the notes below it says Funds-Appears met, but in the last section of the notes, it also calls out that it doesn't have a signature but is notarized. Also, i opened y bank account 7 months before ITA but have maintained a balance more than how much i require for EE since that date.- Is this a cause for concern ?
2. Filiation with Uncle - When I got my document checklist, it only asked for proof of relationship and didn't ask for proof of rsidence and I was informed to not provide documents they didn't ask for :( Also, my initial score (451) for getting ITA did not include points for filiation with uncle. Does it matter if I don't get these points ? so instead of 481 it goes back to 451 and I had received the ITA for 451.
3. Statutory Questions: I had a denied Tourist Visa in 2013 (apparently because my Family Form was incomplete) to Canada which I had already declared in the Statutory Question (which is what the note is referring to in the Potential Adverse Info Note - I was being as upfront as I could with my Tourist Visa Denial ) - Is this a cause for concern.

These are the Analyst Notes :
RECOMMENDATION: Review Required MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: -CRIMINALITY: CIO RECOMMENDED REVIEW REQUIRED FOR STATUTORY QUESTION -PROOF OF FUNDS: EDOC#XXXXXXXXX, NO SIGNATURE ON DOCUMENT, DATE OF ACCOUNT OPENING - 2017 DECEMBER. -QUALIFIED PERSON IN CANADA: UNCLE NO PROOF OF CANADIAN ADDRESS PROVIDED. A11.2 APPEARS MET R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - APPEARS MET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Appears met FSW POINTS Total: 70 READY TO FINALIZE RPRF: COMPLETE

POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION: NOTE: -CRIMINALITY: CIO RECOMMEND REVIEW REQUIRED FOR STATUTORY QUESTION: [REFUSED ADMISSION DETAILS] I WAS REFUSED A VISITOR VISA IN CANADA IN 2013 DUE TO INSUFFICIENT DOCUMENTS/MISSED SIGNATURE. I WAS ALSO REFUSED A TOURIST VISA TO THE US ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO BECAUSE I WAS NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE SUFFICIENT DOCUMENTS PER THEIR REQUEST.

ADAPTABILITY: 0 FSW POINTS IS RELATED TO A QUALIFYING CANADIAN PERSON. PA PROVIDED COPY OF PROOF OF FILIATION TO MATERNAL UNCLE CONFIRMED WITH BC. NO PROOF OF CANADIAN RESIDENCE PROVIDED. POINTS NOT ATTRIBUTED.

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears to meet approx XXXXXX per statement dated XXXXX. PA PROVIDED A SUMMARY OF 2 ACCOUNTS. NO HISTORY OF FUNDS PROVIDED. ACCOUNT OPENING DATE 2017/12/22. LETTER IS NOT SIGNED BY BANK OFFICIAL. LETTER WAS STAMPED BY PUBLIC NOTARY.

Thank you very much ! Any help is appreciated. Feedback, even if negative is appreciated :)
Having an Uncle has no impact on CRS points how did you score increase by 30.

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Anyway the analyst has not given any points for above. Review required is for stat question and POF. I think you are fine

saudamini9

Sep 26, 2018
Hi Santacan,

I am pretty sure thats what got me the additional 30 points. When I created an express entry profile, it asked about immediate family in Canada and that is none. When I submitted my ITA, it asked about my Uncle/Aunts. When i submitted that info, my score went up by 30 points.
I am hoping that losing those 30 points again doesnt hurt me.

Do you have any other comments/thoughts about funds and Statutory questions and how long it would take ? these GCMS notes were from September 26th.

saudamini9

Sep 26, 2018
How long does it take to get ur gcms once complaint is filed with ICC ?
Not sure about a case where there is a complaint.
However, it takes 30+ days to get your GCMS Notes. Also, what most people dont realize is that when you order your notes, you will get them until 1 month from the date of request.
EX. I ordered my GCMS Notes on Nov 1 2018. I received them on Dec 3 2018. The last note/entry on my GCMS Notes was on September 29th.
So the day you receive your notes, you'll see the last entry/note in the notes was approx 60 days ago.

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Hi Santacan,

I am pretty sure thats what got me the additional 30 points. When I created an express entry profile, it asked about immediate family in Canada and that is none. When I submitted my ITA, it asked about my Uncle/Aunts. When i submitted that info, my score went up by 30 points.
I am hoping that losing those 30 points again doesnt hurt me.

Do you have any other comments/thoughts about funds and Statutory questions and how long it would take ? these GCMS notes were from September 26th.
No buddy. I'm pretty sure you don't get points for uncle/aunt

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-profile-can-maternal-uncle-be-shown-as-relative-and-points-taken.540748/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
How long does it take to get ur gcms once complaint is filed with ICC ?
There is no specific time frame. ICC is responsible for investigating the delay and providing a solution. But in most cases after the investigation commences, it takes 2-3 weeks to get them, if not already released.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
In my case, I ordered GCMS on Oct 23, 2018 and got it on Dec 1, 2018.
But the GCMS generated on Oct 25, 2018. I think it takes more than 30 days.
GCMS notes by law have to be released in 30 days from the date they are filed on. Most GCMS notes are generated 1-2 weeks post request. However, the date of generation does not reflect the date on which you file was last updated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

dineshroy1

Nov 1, 2018

Hi @legalfalcon
Can you pls help me read my gcms notes.
I got to know from agent that my file is approved on nov6 and is at sydney.My notes got generated on same day.
Am i under security screening?
I can see s(15) on top right on few pages.
Do i have to worry about it.i will breach 6 month mark in a week.